Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-06-17, 07:20 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Harvey Weinstein

Yet another scum bag uses his position to get sexual favors: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

What makes this one a little different is Harvey is a huge limousine liberal that even help endow a chair at Rutgers in the name of Gloria Steinman for in Media, Culture and Feminist Studies, guess he is doesn't have to practice what he preaches. Wonder if Rachel Madow will do a 20 minute tirade on his inability to keep his buddy in his pants like she did when the Fox guys were exposed?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-17, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Yet another scum bag uses his position to get sexual favors: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

What makes this one a little different is Harvey is a huge limousine liberal that even help endow a chair at Rutgers in the name of Gloria Steinman for in Media, Culture and Feminist Studies, guess he is doesn't have to practice what he preaches. Wonder if Rachel Madow will do a 20 minute tirade on his inability to keep his buddy in his pants like she did when the Fox guys were exposed?
Absolutely she should. You seem bitter she did a story on the fox guys.
Old 10-06-17, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road

Old 10-06-17, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Absolutely she should. You seem bitter she did a story on the fox guys.
I hate Fox and everything they stand for but what I hate more is hypocrisy. Harvey and his hotel room meetings were common knowledge throughout Hollywood and the DNC yet they looked the other way because he had so much power and $s. He is no different that scum bag Roger Ailes yet it took years for Jodi Kantor to get the story printed because so many folks were deadly afraid of what would happen when it got out. Not surprisingly he still denies everything and is suing the NY Times; not manning up and admitting the guilt. Let's see if SNL does a cold opening mocking Harvey.
Old 10-06-17, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I hate Fox and everything they stand for but what I hate more is hypocrisy. Harvey and his hotel room meetings were common knowledge throughout Hollywood and the DNC yet they looked the other way because he had so much power and $s. He is no different that scum bag Roger Ailes yet it took years for Jodi Kantor to get the story printed because so many folks were deadly afraid of what would happen when it got out. Not surprisingly he still denies everything and is suing the NY Times; not manning up and admitting the guilt. Let's see if SNL does a cold opening mocking Harvey.
yeah, let's see.
Old 10-06-17, 10:36 AM
All American

4cards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
...not a chance!
Old 10-06-17, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Rumors are that J-Law may have been one of "Harvey's Girls". Would explain her sudden explosion into Hollywood.
Old 10-06-17, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Or maybe she can actually act.

Dude keeps his hands well hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post

Old 10-06-17, 10:58 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
So did Ashley Judd give in or not?
Old 10-06-17, 11:16 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Probably, them Kentucky girls put out
Old 10-06-17, 11:44 AM
All Yappi

Another fascinating twist to this situation, Lisa Bloom is representing Harvey as part of his legal dream team that is advising him on this scandal. She is the daughter of the iconic feminist attorney Gloria Allred and represented the women that accused Trump and Bill O'Reilley in sexual harassment complaints. Now all of a sudden she has a change of heart and is representing the attacker?!?

“When women speak our truth the old order shatters. We slayed the dragon.” Lisa Bloom

Again the hypocrisy...
Old 10-06-17, 12:00 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Yet, so typical. The end justifies the means. Sick.
Old 10-06-17, 12:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Another fascinating twist to this situation, Lisa Bloom is representing Harvey as part of his legal dream team that is advising him on this scandal. She is the daughter of the iconic feminist attorney Gloria Allred and represented the women that accused Trump and Bill O'Reilley in sexual harassment complaints. Now all of a sudden she has a change of heart and is representing the attacker?!?

“When women speak our truth the old order shatters. We slayed the dragon.” Lisa Bloom

Again the hypocrisy...
Maybe I'm missing the hypocrisy in her comments in this article.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/0....html?referer=
Old 10-06-17, 12:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Then you must be blind. Think Ms. Bloom would represent Donald Trump if he asked? Many of her colleagues, including her mother, are upset with this development and she will be shunned in feminist circles. Oh by the way, Harvey's company paid her some decent $s for the rights to her book on Travon Martin, I'm sure that didn't play into this
Old 10-06-17, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Then you must be blind. Think Ms. Bloom would represent Donald Trump if he asked? Many of her colleagues, including her mother, are upset with this development and she will be shunned in feminist circles. Oh by the way, Harvey's company paid her some decent $s for the rights to her book on Travon Martin, I'm sure that didn't play into this
From that article it doesn't sound like she's defending his actions. What is the hypocrisy? Your speculation that she wouldn't represent Trump, if asked?
Old 10-07-17, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
In case you haven't reached peak Weinstein yet here's a delightful story about this supporter of women's issues:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000067

Harvey Weinstein once trapped a woman in the hallway of a restaurant that was closed to the public and masturbated in front of her until he ejaculated, she says. The accusation comes a day after Weinstein was the subject of a bombshell New York Times report that revealed that he has settled at least eight sexual harassment claims.

Charming huh!
Old 10-07-17, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cards View Post
...not a chance!
I suspect you're right 4cards! I don't watch the late night TV "comedians" so my information could be off but according to reports they are NOT making fun of this guy in their late night routines. Frankly, I find that hard to believe as one can only imagine what the late night guys would be saying if the shoe was on another ideological foot!
Old 10-07-17, 09:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I suspect you're right 4cards! I don't watch the late night TV "comedians" so my information could be off but according to reports they are NOT making fun of this guy in their late night routines. Frankly, I find that hard to believe as one can only imagine what the late night guys would be saying if the shoe was on another ideological foot!
I know how you feel, I’m pretty disappointed they ignored the Tim Murphy story as well.
Old 10-07-17, 09:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I know how you feel, I’m pretty disappointed they ignored the Tim Murphy story as well.
I had to Google to find out who the hell Tim Murphy was. So you're comparing the comedic fodder of an obscure PA congress-critter to an A list Hollywood mogul who has had close relationships with the elite democrat power structure and has hobnobbed with two previous presidents and one hoped to be president?
Old 10-07-17, 09:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I had to Google to find out who the hell Tim Murphy was. So you're comparing the comedic fodder of an obscure PA congress-critter to an A list Hollywood mogul who has had close relationships with the elite democrat power structure and has hobnobbed with two previous presidents and one hoped to be president?
Yeah, I was disappointed they didn’t make fun of him.

I also expected more of F’n Moron-gate too. I mean, has a sitting president ever been called a “ing moron” by a cabinet member before? That’s awesome and just writes jokes by itself.
Old 10-07-17, 12:48 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I wouldn't say Murphy was obscure. He was an 8-term congressman from a swing district. That's usually a pretty big deal.
Old 10-08-17, 10:14 PM
All Yappi

Harvey is fired by the Company he started. https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/0...gtype=Homepage

Also of note, the NY Times had column about how they couldn't get anyone in Hollywood to speak about Harvey on the record because they are still afraid of him and that it was bad for business.
Old 10-09-17, 08:33 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
The fox guy had his name removed from University buildings. Does Weinstein have his name on stuff at Rutgers?

If I recall Weinstein was portrayed as a huge scumbag in the tv show Entourage. Obviously you never know how accurate a portrayal like that is, but I assumed it was somewhat on point so this news isn't surprising.
Old 10-09-17, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
pigs get what pigs deserve
Old 10-09-17, 05:01 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Weinstein sent a desperate letter to Hollywood CEO's trying to prevent his firing.

Old 10-09-17, 05:40 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Not to make light, but comparing his victims to Cosby's, he was a little more discriminating.

OK, I'll march to hell now.
Old 10-09-17, 05:44 PM
All Region

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I wouldn't say Murphy was obscure. He was an 8-term congressman from a swing district. That's usually a pretty big deal.
Is that the prolife in the streets and prochoice in the sheets guy?
Old 10-09-17, 05:50 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:

You normally do
Old 10-09-17, 06:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
Is that the prolife in the streets and prochoice in the sheets guy?
Yup.
Old 10-10-17, 02:00 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Fashion designer Donna Karan comes to Harvey Weinstein's DEFENSE suggesting his victims may have been 'asking for it' by the way they dress calling the shamed mogul and his wife 'wonderful people'

Quote:
She told a reporter: 'I think we have to look at ourselves. Obviously, the treatment of women all over the world is something that has always had to be identified. Certainly in the country of Haiti where I work, in Africa, in the developing world, it's been a hard time for women.

'To see it here in our own country is very difficult, but I also think how do we display ourselves? How do we present ourselves as women? What are we asking? Are we asking for it by presenting all the sensuality and all the sexuality?

'And what are we throwing out to our children today about how to dance and how to perform and what to wear? How much should they show?'
Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4v8Jcm2sq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: