Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-17, 01:51 PM
farnsworth420 farnsworth420 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-08-17
Posts: 61
farnsworth420 is on a distinguished road
2017 Transfers

Now that school has started. Who has transferred where and how long are they sitting out? I assume that none of them were bona fide moves per the OHSAA rules? 50% of the games?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-26-17, 04:34 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 892
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I do know Ravenna picked up 4 junior returnees. 2 from Hoban, 2 from St. V. Needless to say, I expected a bit more from them this season. They have been quite dissapointing actually.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-17, 05:14 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,452
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Well I do know Ravenna picked up 4 junior returnees. 2 from Hoban, 2 from St. V. Needless to say, I expected a bit more from them this season. They have been quite dissapointing actually.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
These are basketball transfers from Hoban and SVSM to Ravenna?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-17, 08:53 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 452
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
These are basketball transfers from Hoban and SVSM to Ravenna?
2 transfers from Hoban left after their sophomore years and are now seniors and do not play basketball. 2 from St V left last year I believe and do not play basketball either.

Hoban did get a transfer this year from St V and will sit half a season. Should contribute a lot with size and athleticism in second half of season.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-17, 11:21 PM
usfldan usfldan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-16
Posts: 75
usfldan is on a distinguished road
Abba Lawal from Walnut Hills to Withrow.

https://twitter.com/therealBHTV/stat...29689637482496

https://twitter.com/MikeDyer/status/903692249216712704
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-17, 03:36 AM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,452
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
2 transfers from Hoban left after their sophomore years and are now seniors and do not play basketball. 2 from St V left last year I believe and do not play basketball either.

Hoban did get a transfer this year from St V and will sit half a season. Should contribute a lot with size and athleticism in second half of season.
Since this is the Basketball Forum, why are football players even mentioned? That was my point. I'd heard about them on the FB forum.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-17, 08:48 AM
farnsworth420 farnsworth420 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-08-17
Posts: 61
farnsworth420 is on a distinguished road
Just looking for new boys basketball transfers on this thread, preferably varsity players. Who has transferred this year and during the upcoming season when will they be eligible.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-27-17, 10:43 AM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 892
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Forgive me. I was responding to what i thought was a football post. I was responding on my phone via tapatalk. And this thread showed up on my notification inbox. And i for whatever reason thought this was a football post.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-27-17, 10:49 AM
farnsworth420 farnsworth420 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-08-17
Posts: 61
farnsworth420 is on a distinguished road
No worries
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-27-17, 10:13 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,452
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Forgive me. I was responding to what i thought was a football post. I was responding on my phone via tapatalk. And this thread showed up on my notification inbox. And i for whatever reason thought this was a football post.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
No worries, got it cleared up
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-27-17, 10:18 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,452
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Now that Dwyane Wade signed with the Cavaliers, his son Zaire will need to enroll in school somewhere. The 15 yr old is quite talented. Depending on where DWade chooses to live in the area, my projection is either St. Edward or SVSM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-27-17, 10:31 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 650
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Now that Dwyane Wade signed with the Cavaliers, his son Zaire will need to enroll in school somewhere. The 15 yr old is quite talented. Depending on where DWade chooses to live in the area, my projection is either St. Edward or SVSM.
Or VASJ. Mo Williams toured the school and his son was very close to attending. Ultimately he stayed in Mississippi with his mom but Mo was impressed. Some of the Cav's, including Tristan Thompson, live in Brathenhal, which is close by.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-28-17, 10:00 AM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,452
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
DWade has child custody so it's assumption on my part that his sons & nephew will come with him. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-28-17, 02:09 PM
NWObballfan NWObballfan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-28-17
Posts: 18
NWObballfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
DWade has child custody so it's assumption on my part that his sons & nephew will come with him. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
He already re-enrolled his kids back in Florida schools knowing full well that he was going to get bought out and become a Cav. I assume they'll stay back there with his wife for the season and Wade will join them after his one season with the Cavs.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-28-17, 06:41 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,452
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWObballfan View Post
He already re-enrolled his kids back in Florida schools knowing full well that he was going to get bought out and become a Cav. I assume they'll stay back there with his wife for the season and Wade will join them after his one season with the Cavs.
Very well could be since his contract is for one year only. LeBron's family stayed in Akron during his stint in Miami.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-29-17, 08:16 AM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 328
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Almost the entire starting 5 at Deer Park high school.
Demani Mcentire oak hill academy
Steve Gentry Purcell
Dashawn Mcentire Purcell
Athie Winton woods (transferred last year)
Jalen rose unknown (transferred last )
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-29-17, 06:57 PM
chlnewbie chlnewbie is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-17-12
Posts: 897
chlnewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Almost the entire starting 5 at Deer Park high school.
Demani Mcentire oak hill academy
Steve Gentry Purcell
Dashawn Mcentire Purcell
Athie Winton woods (transferred last year)
Jalen rose unknown (transferred last )
Wow they should be pretty good! Good for Deer Park. Im sure Your Cavaliers will be just fine with out those two! Heck Clark still won the league that year Gaines and Owensby left to go to Purcell
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-29-17, 07:19 PM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 328
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlnewbie View Post
Wow they should be pretty good! Good for Deer Park. Im sure Your Cavaliers will be just fine with out those two! Heck Clark still won the league that year Gaines and Owensby left to go to Purcell
Yeah Deer Park will be tough. Purcell will be more than fine without them. . Thanks for the your vast knowledge of Clark history. You guys did well with what was left with that program. �� Good to see Deer park went to open enrollment. That should help them out
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-29-17, 07:24 PM
chlnewbie chlnewbie is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-17-12
Posts: 897
chlnewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Yeah Deer Park will be tough. Purcell will be more than fine without them. . Thanks for the your vast knowledge of Clark history. You guys did well with what was left with that program. �� Good to see Deer park went to open enrollment. That should help them out
Yah im a big time Historian!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-02-17, 03:14 PM
Tarheel2336 Tarheel2336 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 8
Tarheel2336 is on a distinguished road
DP is not open enrollment.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-02-17, 08:43 PM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 328
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel2336 View Post
DP is not open enrollment.
What? You don't say! All those people moving into deer park must be an amazing neighbor to live in these days.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-03-17, 07:24 AM
Eagles123 Eagles123 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-11-16
Posts: 152
Eagles123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
What? You don't say! All those people moving into deer park must be an amazing neighbor to live in these days.
If everyone thinks these kids area at Deer Park illegally how is it allowed to happen? Most districts are open enrollment so there is no need to police. But if all of a sudden all these kids show up to a non open enrollment school wouldnt there be an investigation of some sort?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-03-17, 08:57 AM
Tarheel2336 Tarheel2336 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 8
Tarheel2336 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
What? You don't say! All those people moving into deer park must be an amazing neighbor to live in these days.
Just stating a fact. Have seen it thrown around more than once on these boards that DP is open enrollment when they are not. Also not saying these kids are now residents but if it needs to be investigated so be it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-03-17, 10:12 AM
Eagles123 Eagles123 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-11-16
Posts: 152
Eagles123 is on a distinguished road
People seem to be alluding to something without saying exactly what they mean. Either people think the kids at Deer Park are there illegally or they think they moved into the district. I just think people should say what they mean instead of alluding to impropriety. Or just leave it alone.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-03-17, 10:28 AM
Tarheel2336 Tarheel2336 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 8
Tarheel2336 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles123 View Post
People seem to be alluding to something without saying exactly what they mean. Either people think the kids at Deer Park are there illegally or they think they moved into the district. I just think people should say what they mean instead of alluding to impropriety. Or just leave it alone.
I live in the district and honestly have no idea either way. I hear rumors that they are residents and also that they are not but have seen nothing to confirm either side.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-03-17, 10:32 AM
Tarheel2336 Tarheel2336 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 8
Tarheel2336 is on a distinguished road
I will also say that I am waiting for DP to beat the "wrong team" at some point and there to be an investigation of some type of which we will then get some clarity. Until then, I don't have the time or the energy to worry about tracking down where some high school boys are living. I would like to think the coach is doing things the right way but at some point soon we shall see.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-05-17, 07:33 AM
canofchew canofchew is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 11-21-16
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 45
canofchew is on a distinguished road
Rumor has it that Trotwood's Amari Davis is thinking about going to Thurdgood Marshall. Any truth on this ???
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-05-17, 08:02 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,657
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by canofchew View Post
Rumor has it that Trotwood's Amari Davis is thinking about going to Thurgood Marshall. Any truth on this ???
Why would he leave a state semi-finalist team with 3 starters back and a loaded bench to go to a program that had a historic low of 5 wins last year? And he's THE MAN where he is?
Although I have heard that Twood's coach is not the greatest to play for.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-05-17, 09:28 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 869
member1 is on a distinguished road
Davis is not going anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-05-17, 09:51 AM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,324
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Almost the entire starting 5 at Deer Park high school.
Demani Mcentire oak hill academy
Steve Gentry Purcell
Dashawn Mcentire Purcell
Athie Winton woods (transferred last year)
Jalen rose unknown (transferred last )
wow, that's a big transfer list. Is the Park a club team now??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fenwick Duals December 27th-28th 2017 CoachCoffey Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 17 10-22-17 04:50 PM
2017 Class - Ohio Chapter of National Wrestling Hall of fame Refman Wrestling 3 09-19-17 12:57 PM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 1) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 19 08-25-17 06:22 PM
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 81 08-23-17 08:56 AM
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 0 05-15-17 07:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz