Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-25-17, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
WHAT! I got two more books to read? It's like the never ending story. Not sure I want to get invested in another series that might out live me. Already reading that damn Destroyermen story that never goes anywhere, for about 10 or 11 books now.

Well, I guess I might as well see if library has them. Need something to read in the library besides Math books.
Not to worry, Anderson does a nice job of wrapping things up in the new trilogy. And in Anderson's seven suns universe a LOT of stuff happens along the way!

As an aside, can you imagine how mind blowing a series based on the seven suns saga would be. They have the effects to do it and if they would just quit making super hero movies and endless prequels, sequels and re-imaginings, they could really blow folks away with a story so wild it makes GOT seem tame by comparison.
Old 09-26-17, 10:38 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
If not for the Superhero movies, I doubt there would have been the development or the money for the tech to reach far enough down to TV, as it has in The Expanse and as they tried to do in this new Star Trek.

I've finished the original Seven Sagas, and thought Anderson picked it up nicely in the new series, without dragging down the story with extended repeat and review. I'm glad you told me about the newer books. I had it in my head that Dark just came out and I'd be waiting a year or so.
Old 09-26-17, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
If not for the Superhero movies, I doubt there would have been the development or the money for the tech to reach far enough down to TV, as it has in The Expanse and as they tried to do in this new Star Trek.

I've finished the original Seven Sagas, and thought Anderson picked it up nicely in the new series, without dragging down the story with extended repeat and review. I'm glad you told me about the newer books. I had it in my head that Dark just came out and I'd be waiting a year or so.
I agree to an extent but that ended ten years ago. They need to widen their source material and start looking at all the great science fiction stories out there. I bet it will payoff big time for them as the Super Hero movies are getting a bit stale.
Old 09-27-17, 06:17 PM
All Yappi

They haven't run out of Dick yet.
Old 10-03-17, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

No spoilers.

Episode 8: Brilliantly played. Been done before but I can't think of better.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: