Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-21-17, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs1717 View Post
So let's see if I understand this correctly. Pullen was Girls Head Coach for 6 years and went 109-29, never losing to a city league opponent. He was Boys Head Coach for 13 years and went 289-54 with 4 state championships and 6 final fours. And he lost his job because another guy interviewed better? Are you kidding me? Pullen screwed up as AD and stepped down. That was the right thing to do. It has nothing to do with his coaching. As soon as he was up for rehiring, it should have been approved.
Once we find out who hires him next, we'll know who paid someone to fire him.
Old 09-23-17, 04:45 AM
All Region

Yuckmouth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...Lnpwg6yuZT0hN/
It's official. Note the BOE members who voted no; the system was rigged and/or flawed and that all goes back to Baker. Look for other coaches who Baker doesn't like to be pushed out as well.
If your looking for fair its nothing that can be said that makes any of this make sense. A middle school coach is going to take over a storied program? Why not promote from within? Baker and Caleb families saw the writing on the wall and didn't take any chances. If you can get rid of Pullen, you can get rid of anybody!

I found this interesting "It was unclear if the absence of any Ponitz winter coaches on the agenda was an oversight or not."