Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win the Suburban League American?
Aurora 1 2.78%
Barberton 8 22.22%
Copley 18 50.00%
Highland 3 8.33%
Kent Roosevelt 0 0%
Revere 3 8.33%
Tallmadge 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-17, 02:03 PM
All District

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
True, and the media gets all excited about points and forgets everything else. Brenner is the best in the league even with only 14ppg. I'll argue with everyone on here all day long about Nance. He's the second best player and it's not close. He affects both ends of the court more than any player in the league.

In defense of the media, there are several coaches in the SLA that get just as excited about points. They forget about defense, rebounds, blocked shots and passing. The SLA was exposed in the playoffs this year. Only successes were Copley and Revere.
Old 03-13-17, 06:26 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
I just don't get the whole Nance thing. Well, I guess I do..."NANCE".

That being said, I'm not knocking the kid, he's a good player. Lots of potential. Not the best player in the SL. Sorry.
Old 03-13-17, 09:14 PM
All American

FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
I just don't get the whole Nance thing. Well, I guess I do..."NANCE".

That being said, I'm not knocking the kid, he's a good player. Lots of potential. Not the best player in the SL. Sorry.
Don't forget H2, these were "all-district" teams chosen by NEO media. The SLA teams & POY are chosen by the SLA coaches, and hasn't been released yet, so you may want to wait for that.
Old 03-13-17, 09:45 PM
Varsity

PostOrPickScore is on a distinguished road
SLA all-league

POY- Brenner, unanimous choice
Roberts
Nance
Franc.
Rittman
Barnes
Greynolds
Ries
Aurora - not sure which one

Unofficial...and yet to be published but bank on it.
No surprises

Pretty sure those were my selections a week or two ago.

NBA123- you are a frosh coach in the league and you think Roberts is the POY ? I like Roberts a lot but you might want to rethink a career in coaching!
Old 03-13-17, 09:54 PM
Junior Varsity

NBAFINEST1234 is on a distinguished road
Postpick...

No reason to be disrespectful...we can agree to disagree! Again my choice is Roberts...why? Because our entire scouting report was to keep Roberts from getting hot and he's very very fficient player, doesnt take bad shots. I wonder what his shooting percentage was? Btw.. I do know for a fact is was not unimanouis choice. Irregardless you can't go wrong with either pick both are Copley athletes. Congrats to Brenner on POY!

Last edited by NBAFINEST1234; 03-13-17 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-14-17, 11:04 PM
All Ohio

BlueDevil Backer is an unknown quantity at this point
If the league is picking 8 these would be my selections after seeing 2nd half of season:

Brenner (Copley) - POY (Copley will miss him big time next season)
Roberts (Copley)
Francesconi (Tallmadge)
Rittman (Highland)
Nance (Revere)
Barnes (Kent)
Huffman (Aurora)
Greynolds, Ries, Soyars (Barberton) - flip a coin, 2 will fall to 2nd team
Old 03-14-17, 11:11 PM
All Ohio

BlueDevil Backer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAFINEST1234 View Post
Because our entire scouting report was to keep Roberts from getting hot and he's very very efficient player, doesnt take bad shots. I wonder what his shooting percentage was?
How many Copley games did you see?

I agree, he can get hot and shot very well from 3 point land and showed quickness in driving to the hoop. But to say he didn't take bad shots is the farthest thing from reality. I saw him on a number of occasions drive to the hoop and throw up garbage only to get bailed out by the refs whistle. I don't know what his shooting percentage was, but I will bet he was close to shooting the most foul shots in the SLA.

Not to take anything away from the kid, still a very well rounded ball player. Just think Brenner meant more to that team than Roberts did with his all around play (i.e. scoring, rebounding, defense, hustle). Brenner has a motor that just doesn't stop!
Old 03-26-17, 06:07 PM
Freshman

Irishforeverdad is on a distinguished road
Not only will Copley missed Brenner but they will missed Roberts as well next season. I hear family is moving this summer! Suburban League will be up for grabs. I'm sure alot of coaches are happy with this news.
Old 03-26-17, 06:25 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishforeverdad View Post
Not only will Copley missed Brenner but they will missed Roberts as well next season. I hear family is moving this summer! Suburban League will be up for grabs. I'm sure alot of coaches are happy with this news.
Where?
Old 03-26-17, 08:37 PM
Varsity

PostOrPickScore is on a distinguished road
Was confirmed by 2 coaches in the meeting that Brenner was unanimous choice with 54 points. Coaches vote players 9-1 , top vote getter is POY. Brenner received 54 points (the max). Roberts was second and I believe had the max at 48 . There were coaches that stated publicly Brenner was the best player in both Suburban league divisions. Roberts isn't going anywhere and pretty confident an all-city player from Buchtel along with Boyer from Revere are headed to Copley.
Old 03-27-17, 07:59 AM
Freshman

Irishforeverdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOrPickScore View Post
Was confirmed by 2 coaches in the meeting that Brenner was unanimous choice with 54 points. Coaches vote players 9-1 , top vote getter is POY. Brenner received 54 points (the max). Roberts was second and I believe had the max at 48 . There were coaches that stated publicly Brenner was the best player in both Suburban league divisions. Roberts isn't going anywhere and pretty confident an all-city player from Buchtel along with Boyer from Revere are headed to Copley.
When Dru is inquring about you...you don't ignore that request. Maybe your right postpickscore but I would be very surprise to see Roberts in a Copley jersey next season.
Old 03-27-17, 11:05 AM
All District

If he goes to StV, that is the compelling truth that he was never the best player in the SLA. In 5 years, Nance will be in the pros and Roberts will be going to his StV class reunion wondering who are all these people?
Old 03-27-17, 01:14 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishforeverdad View Post
When Dru is inquring about you...you don't ignore that request. Maybe your right postpickscore but I would be very surprise to see Roberts in a Copley jersey next season.
Lol!
Old 03-27-17, 01:54 PM
Junior Varsity

NBAFINEST1234 is on a distinguished road
I agree PostorPickScore Roberts isn't going anywhere!!!
Old 03-27-17, 07:04 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAFINEST1234 View Post
I agree PostorPickScore Roberts isn't going anywhere!!!
I hope he stays. He has a chance to be the best player in the league. Nothing worse than chasing a championship and being second fiddle on another team when you can be the man at the school where you live.