Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-19-18, 07:16 PM
darthmalice darthmalice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,305
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob77 View Post
Why?
December 7 & 8 at Walsh Jesuit High School, wait to see if some of your questions are answered; be patient and wait a few weeks after the new year to see if the rest of your questions are answered. Speculation on these teams line ups is intriguing, but not at the expense of the kids. This thread is not guessing or fishing for a reason how wrestler A, B, or C transfer is good or bad. Discussion is LaSalle and Eds, which could be a nice one like Graham and Eds in the past years. Any questions on kids transfer can only be answered by the source. If you are searching for a way that LaSalle will not dethrone Eds, just put a line up you think the squads could have( Eds' line up could change also). Let's just assume everyone is good until Ironman. There are a ton of other wrestlers in the great state of Ohio that will determine the outcome( the Taggs could return, a dark horse can play bracket- buster, ect...). My point is some of the wrestlers do read this stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-19-18, 07:57 PM
darthmalice darthmalice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,305
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hothand View Post
Can we get back to the lineup please... what match ups would you like to see happen.
106: Cole Skinner (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. Sean Seefeldt (St. Edward) Sophomore
113: Dustin Norris (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. ?( is Thomas West possibly)
120: Lucas Byrd (LaSalle) Senior vs. Richie Delsanter (St. Edward) Sophomore
126: Antoine Allen (LaSalle) Junior vs. Angelo Rini (St. Edward) Senior
132: Casey Wiles (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. Scott Richter (St. Edward)
138: Micah Norwood (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. Luke Geog(St. Edward)Freshman
145: Jake Niffenegger (LaSalle) vs. Bryce Hepner (St. Edward) Junior
152: Darnai Heard (LaSalle) vs. Bryce Andonian (St. Edward) Senior
160: E’lan Heard (LaSalle) Junior vs. Sam Dover (St. Edward) Senior
170: Dillon Walker (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. Paddy Gallagher (St. Edward) Sophomore
182: Trey Sizemore( LaSalle) vs. Hudson Hightower (St. Edward) Sophomore
195: Michael Baker (LaSalle) Senior vs. Nick Lisco (St. Edward) Junior
220: Garrett Bledsoe (LaSalle) Senior vs. Seamus O’Malley (St. Edward) Senior
285: Robert Brown (LaSalle) Senior vs. Brian Kilbane (St. Edward) Junior

noforfeits, but this is a fan's ideal line up.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-19-18, 09:37 PM
wristcontrol wristcontrol is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-10-17
Posts: 35
wristcontrol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
106: Cole Skinner (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. Sean Seefeldt (St. Edward) Sophomore
113: Dustin Norris (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. ?( is Thomas West possibly)
120: Lucas Byrd (LaSalle) Senior vs. Richie Delsanter (St. Edward) Sophomore
126: Antoine Allen (LaSalle) Junior vs. Angelo Rini (St. Edward) Senior
132: Casey Wiles (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. Scott Richter (St. Edward)
138: Micah Norwood (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. Luke Geog(St. Edward)Freshman
145: Jake Niffenegger (LaSalle) vs. Bryce Hepner (St. Edward) Junior
152: Darnai Heard (LaSalle) vs. Bryce Andonian (St. Edward) Senior
160: E’lan Heard (LaSalle) Junior vs. Sam Dover (St. Edward) Senior
170: Dillon Walker (LaSalle) Sophomore vs. Paddy Gallagher (St. Edward) Sophomore
182: Trey Sizemore( LaSalle) vs. Hudson Hightower (St. Edward) Sophomore
195: Michael Baker (LaSalle) Senior vs. Nick Lisco (St. Edward) Junior
220: Garrett Bledsoe (LaSalle) Senior vs. Seamus O’Malley (St. Edward) Senior
285: Robert Brown (LaSalle) Senior vs. Brian Kilbane (St. Edward) Junior

noforfeits, but this is a fan's ideal line up.


So who are your picks ?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-19-18, 10:10 PM
4x section qualifer 4x section qualifer is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-15
Posts: 27
4x section qualifer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wristcontrol View Post
So who are your picks ?
This is just my personal opinion after watching these wrestlers over the years.

106- skinner by MD
113- Norris by MD
120- Byrd by D
126- Allen by D
132- Wiles by P
138- Norwood by D
145- Hepner by P
152- Andonian by MD
160- Heard by D
170- Walker by D
182- Sizemore by D
195- Baker by MD
220- O’malley By D
285- Brown by P

Team score
Lasalle 42
Ed’s 13
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-19-18, 10:27 PM
Boro Fan Boro Fan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-23-07
Location: Reminderville
Posts: 10,055
Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Darthmalice- West can not make 113, it sounds like he could be in the mix for the 132 spot - I hear he has improved a ton.

No idea who the 113 will be, I’m guessing Wyatt Richter has a chance to fill the spot.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-20-18, 06:47 AM
eliwes eliwes is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 1,816
eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wristcontrol View Post
So who are your picks ?
Lasalle 106-132, 195, hv.
Eds 138-182, 220
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-20-18, 07:25 AM
darthmalice darthmalice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,305
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
Lasalle 106-132, 195, hv.
Eds 138-182, 220
Looks interesting. 220lb could be the deciding match, if bonus points don't factor in.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-20-18, 07:42 AM
SCORE2WIN SCORE2WIN is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 09-22-15
Posts: 198
SCORE2WIN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
Lasalle 106-132, 195, hv.
Eds 138-182, 220
I don't see Heard losing to Dover or Sizemore losing to hightower/garcar either one. The rest I could agree with.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-20-18, 09:29 AM
mailman112 mailman112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-15-11
Posts: 2,408
mailman112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x section qualifer View Post
This is just my personal opinion after watching these wrestlers over the years.

106- skinner by MD
113- Norris by MD
120- Byrd by D
126- Allen by D
132- Wiles by P
138- Norwood by D
145- Hepner by P
152- Andonian by MD
160- Heard by D
170- Walker by D
182- Sizemore by D
195- Baker by MD
220- O’malley By D
285- Brown by P

Team score
Lasalle 42
Ed’s 13
That's funny. Several weights are wrong also. LaSalle will win the dual in Dec and lose when it matters at the duals.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-20-18, 10:22 AM
darthmalice darthmalice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,305
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
That's funny. Several weights are wrong also. LaSalle will win the dual in Dec and lose when it matters at the duals.
All of this is for trailer ő for the trilogy " Coming to a mat near you". Was gonna get Conner McGregor to promote the fight but he'll be recovering from Khabib.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-20-18, 10:53 AM
eliwes eliwes is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 1,816
eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
That's funny. Several weights are wrong also. LaSalle will win the dual in Dec and lose when it matters at the duals.
You mean it matters most in March. Duals and state duals are just practice for the green machine.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-20-18, 06:51 PM
half full half full is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-12-11
Posts: 66
half full is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
You mean it matters most in March. Duals and state duals are just practice for the green machine.
Truth.
How it should be.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-21-18, 10:55 AM
Unstacked Unstacked is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-03-09
Posts: 876
Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Not sure I agree, the best determining factor of the best "Team" is who wins the State Team Dual Tourney, not the Individual tourney. Head to Head, Team vs Team is best way to decide which team is the best. I'm glad Ohio finally started to recognize the State Dual team as State Champs! Good Luck to both teams this year. I hope both teams can stay healthy so we can witness this epic battle with both teams at full strength and no excuses.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-21-18, 11:39 AM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,628
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstacked View Post
Not sure I agree, the best determining factor of the best "Team" is who wins the State Team Dual Tourney, not the Individual tourney. Head to Head, Team vs Team is best way to decide which team is the best. I'm glad Ohio finally started to recognize the State Dual team as State Champs! Good Luck to both teams this year. I hope both teams can stay healthy so we can witness this epic battle with both teams at full strength and no excuses.
I can kind of agree from a philosophical point of view. But my opinion changed when I attended the first OHSAA Team Duals a while back. I thought this would be a must see event and was shocked at how empty St John's was. Meanwhile, the Schott regularly puts 10K or so in the stands most sessions of the individual tournament, and 12k or so in the finals. Clearly Ohio wrestling fans don't view the state duals with the same prestige as they do the individual tourny. Now I realize there are twice as many participants in the individual as the duals, but that hardly accounts for the difference. When the duals draws a similar crowd as the individual tourny, we can have this debate. Until then, the wrestling fans of Ohio have spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-21-18, 12:24 PM
mailman112 mailman112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-15-11
Posts: 2,408
mailman112 is on a distinguished road
bdhof I seldom agree with you but I have been saying this same thing since the start of the state duals. (Most of the time being told I am wrong) In this case Ed's will wrestle LaSalle in December (and lose) and will see them again at the duals. If they split what does that say?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-21-18, 12:43 PM
darthmalice darthmalice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,305
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
bdhof I seldom agree with you but I have been saying this same thing since the start of the state duals. (Most of the time being told I am wrong) In this case Ed's will wrestle LaSalle in December (and lose) and will see them again at the duals. If they split what does that say?
LaSalle and St. Eds will get to hold hands at least 4 times. Too many times.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-21-18, 01:13 PM
mailman112 mailman112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-15-11
Posts: 2,408
mailman112 is on a distinguished road
IM and 2 duals and Poweraid?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-21-18, 01:51 PM
darthmalice darthmalice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,305
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
IM and 2 duals and Poweraid?
Individual state tournament; both squads could qualify 10guys.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-21-18, 03:24 PM
eliwes eliwes is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 1,816
eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
IM and 2 duals and Poweraid?
And 3 of the 4 will be streamed live on all mats.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-21-18, 04:33 PM
GWF GWF is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-25-12
Posts: 400
GWF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
I can kind of agree from a philosophical point of view. But my opinion changed when I attended the first OHSAA Team Duals a while back. I thought this would be a must see event and was shocked at how empty St John's was. Meanwhile, the Schott regularly puts 10K or so in the stands most sessions of the individual tournament, and 12k or so in the finals. Clearly Ohio wrestling fans don't view the state duals with the same prestige as they do the individual tourny. Now I realize there are twice as many participants in the individual as the duals, but that hardly accounts for the difference. When the duals draws a similar crowd as the individual tourny, we can have this debate. Until then, the wrestling fans of Ohio have spoken.
Of course the attendance will favor the individual tournament. You’re seeing marquee match ups at every weight all tournament. *You’ve concentrated the best wrestlers at every weight. I will still always love a dual tournament more. Love the back and forth of a good dual. The whole team jumping up and down and supporting their teammates. A good crowd on both sides with gym going crazy. Kids fighting for bonus to give their team the most points possible. Or the kid fighting to not give up bonus and minimize damage. Shuffling the line up to maximize points. Love it!!!!!! Much better TEAM atmosphere

*Sometimes the better wrestler is left sitting at home depending on what district he comes through
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-22-18, 12:55 AM
CuriousGeorge1 CuriousGeorge1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-24-08
Posts: 1,659
CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
Individual state tournament; both squads could qualify 10guys.
ent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I would think only qualifying 10 guys would be a disappointment for either of these teams this year.

St. Ed's looks to have a ranked wrestler at every weight except 113. And something tells me they will find a 113 somehow some way that is capable of winning a couple matches in Columbus. Kind of like how no one predicted Delsanter to even sniff the lineup last year and he ended up a State placer. So, I think Ed's will have a legit shot at getting all 14 out of districts, even with a much more difficult road to qualify at their sectional and district than Lasalle's guys will have.

Lasalle I would think should get 14 easy with the cakewalk district they have the advantage of going to.

I always kinda giggle as Borofan lists someone else every year as the #1 team over St. Edward in July, August, and September. However, with all the proven high placement potential that transferred into Lasalle this year, combined with the studs they are returning and I actually have to favor Lasalle as well. Just too many top 3 level guys and the supporting depth to place at just about every other weight class. Lasalle is truly LOADED!! The real question is, are they better than Blair?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-22-18, 08:44 AM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,628
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
I would think only qualifying 10 guys would be a disappointment for either of these teams this year.

St. Ed's looks to have a ranked wrestler at every weight except 113. And something tells me they will find a 113 somehow some way that is capable of winning a couple matches in Columbus. Kind of like how no one predicted Delsanter to even sniff the lineup last year and he ended up a State placer. So, I think Ed's will have a legit shot at getting all 14 out of districts, even with a much more difficult road to qualify at their sectional and district than Lasalle's guys will have.

Lasalle I would think should get 14 easy with the cakewalk district they have the advantage of going to.

I always kinda giggle as Borofan lists someone else every year as the #1 team over St. Edward in July, August, and September. However, with all the proven high placement potential that transferred into Lasalle this year, combined with the studs they are returning and I actually have to favor Lasalle as well. Just too many top 3 level guys and the supporting depth to place at just about every other weight class. Lasalle is truly LOADED!! The real question is, are they better than Blair?
Sadly, neither Eds nor LaSalle are better than Blair. I would love to see an Ohio team take the top spot. Even if Blair somehow managed to lose once this year (dual or IM for example), Eds and LaSalle will likely have losses to each other. I don't think either will run the table on the other. Then the rankers will say that no one is undefeated so we'll put Blair, aka the Evil Empire, #1 again. I think Blair has something like 10 guys ranked nationally.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-22-18, 10:31 AM
eliwes eliwes is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 1,816
eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlfan View Post
so is it accurate to say that all the eds kids started at eds as freshman and lasalle is recruiting developed kids to try to de throne them
My pick is eds
i admire their program
The freshman at lasalle that worked hard to make the line up only to get bumped from the line up by a transfer. Fair?
Eds take their freshman, coach and develope to be very good wrestlers. Eds dont take transfers no matter how good they are. 32 state titles end of story.

Last edited by eliwes; 09-23-18 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-22-18, 11:06 AM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,628
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
Sadly, neither Eds nor LaSalle are better than Blair. I would love to see an Ohio team take the top spot. Even if Blair somehow managed to lose once this year (dual or IM for example), Eds and LaSalle will likely have losses to each other. I don't think either will run the table on the other. Then the rankers will say that no one is undefeated so we'll put Blair, aka the Evil Empire, #1 again. I think Blair has something like 10 guys ranked nationally.
Blair national rankings
113 #7 Ferrari
120 #5 Mastrogiovanni
126 #5 Colaiocco
138 #9 Mastrogiovanni
160 #7 Mata
170 #1 Ramirez
195 #1 Ferrari
220 #6 Trephan

Eds national rankings
145 #6 Andonian
152 #9 Dover
160 #8 Gallagher

LaSalle national rankings
106 #8 Skinner
113 #9 Norris
120 #7 Byrd

I think Eds and LaSalle could battle for #2 in national rankings, but not #1.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-22-18, 11:33 AM
mailman112 mailman112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-15-11
Posts: 2,408
mailman112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
Sadly, neither Eds nor LaSalle are better than Blair. I would love to see an Ohio team take the top spot. Even if Blair somehow managed to lose once this year (dual or IM for example), Eds and LaSalle will likely have losses to each other. I don't think either will run the table on the other. Then the rankers will say that no one is undefeated so we'll put Blair, aka the Evil Empire, #1 again. I think Blair has something like 10 guys ranked nationally.
For the second day in a row I agree with the above statement. I think Ed's will have several dual loses this season. VERY difficult schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-22-18, 11:35 AM
craftAmaniac craftAmaniac is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-30-12
Posts: 260
craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
Would like to see either team at 2 but don’t see them hanging with Wyoming Seminary or Bergen Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
Blair national rankings
113 #7 Ferrari
120 #5 Mastrogiovanni
126 #5 Colaiocco
138 #9 Mastrogiovanni
160 #7 Mata
170 #1 Ramirez
195 #1 Ferrari
220 #6 Trephan

Eds national rankings
145 #6 Andonian
152 #9 Dover
160 #8 Gallagher

LaSalle national rankings
106 #8 Skinner
113 #9 Norris
120 #7 Byrd

I think Eds and LaSalle could battle for #2 in national rankings, but not #1.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-22-18, 11:47 AM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,628
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftAmaniac View Post
Would like to see either team at 2 but don’t see them hanging with Wyoming Seminary or Bergen Catholic
I would love to see them there as well. I don't know WS and BC that well, but I know they are traditional powers.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-22-18, 11:58 AM
darthmalice darthmalice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,305
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=CuriousGeorge1;7121068]I would think only qualifying 10 guys would be a disappointment for either of these teams this year.

St. Ed's looks to have a ranked wrestler at every weight except 113. And something tells me they will find a 113 somehow some way that is capable of winning a couple matches in Columbus. Kind of like how no one predicted Delsanter to even sniff the lineup last year and he ended up a State placer. So, I think Ed's will have a legit shot at getting all 14 out of districts, even with a much more difficult road to qualify at their sectional and district than Lasalle's guys will have.

Lasalle I would think should get 14 easy with the cakewalk district they have the advantage of going to?

I don't think you see the Southwest district talented enough to not allow LaSalle to cake walk and qualify 14 guys easily. LaSalle has a ranked wrestler at every weight except 170. Unless Delsanter can make 113, gonna be not a legit shot for Eds to get 14.

Last edited by darthmalice; 09-22-18 at 06:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-22-18, 12:02 PM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,628
bdhof will become famous soon enough
OK, these are obviously two really good teams. Maybe LaSalle and Eds are battling for 4th.

Wyoming Seminary national rankings
132 #4 Bartlett
138 #8 Schwartz
145 #1 Manville
152 #19 Kievman
160 #17 Stefanowicz
182 #6 Roberts
195 #6 Cooley

Bergen Catholic national rankings
106 #12 Almeyda
113 #20 Kayal
120 #1 Howard
170 #11 Foca
182 #7 McKenzie
195 #3 Cardenas
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-22-18, 08:03 PM
wristcontrol wristcontrol is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-10-17
Posts: 35
wristcontrol is on a distinguished road
Seem like nobody want lasalle to be great. Somebody need to do a documentary on lasalle this is a special group that just might knock Ed’s off.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2013-2018 Pope Francis 1 Football 480 11-18-18 02:31 PM
NEW RANKINGS - July 23 Boro Fan Wrestling 348 11-18-18 12:13 AM
Where's Graham? Bear73 Wrestling 50 07-03-18 08:26 AM
Toss Up - Eds or Graham lose state tournament PenetrationStep Wrestling 29 04-17-18 05:06 PM
GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2017 Unofficial Thread Pope Francis 1 Football 488 11-11-17 07:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz