Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 06-17-19, 11:59 PM
All Region

1 time is on a distinguished road
It is what it is people. It sucks, but recruiting is here to stay. Very sad, but true. When your local win, it sooo much sweeter !
Old 06-18-19, 06:43 AM
Varsity

Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
Yes it is

It is sweet when your LOCAL team whens. Unfortunately, the point of this thread is that this is not a local team.
Old 06-19-19, 11:22 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
who is the transfer from taylor? i saw them at nku. they only had 6 or 7 guys there. they got whipped by pick central. is the taylor transfer the white kid that played?

they did have a kid in a boot that didn't play.

jtk
()
Old 06-23-19, 10:34 PM
All District

DR.PITCH
Each school must verifying the move in kid satisfys the OHSAA transfer rules. So can't the OHSAA see that 3,4,or 5 transfers all are going to the same school and low and behold, they all play basketball and by coinsidece, they all played on the same AAU team and guess who the coach was? Believe me, DP isn't the only school doing this.
Old 06-23-19, 10:54 PM
All World

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.PITCH View Post
Each school must verifying the move in kid satisfys the OHSAA transfer rules. So can't the OHSAA see that 3,4,or 5 transfers all are going to the same school and low and behold, they all play basketball and by coinsidece, they all played on the same AAU team and guess who the coach was? Believe me, DP isn't the only school doing this.
Will be interesting to see what happens at Deer Park. Also, Woodward has a team full of transfers, how many will have to sit? Moeller has a key player who is a transfer, will he have to sit? Taft has a key transfer as well. Is everyone going to make a mockery of the transfer rule?
Old 06-23-19, 11:04 PM
All Region

1 time is on a distinguished road
Yes
Old 06-24-19, 08:20 AM
All Region

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Why would we expect that the OHSAA do anything different this time when they did nothing 2 years ago when they had 9 "transfers". It's an honors (or lack of honor) system and when you have a coach and school administration perfectly willing to look the other way it makes a joke of the system.
Old 06-24-19, 11:15 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
I'm not sure that addresses my point. There are other open-enrollment districts in the CHL; none of them turn their roster over every year or two with a full lineup of new players.

The association needs to work from the letter of the law (whether they can do this adequately is a question, of course). My thoughts on the league are that repeated violations in spirit should provoke a rethink even if DP manages to avoid getting cited. Some leagues are full of schools that push the envelope; this hasn't been one of them.
But if they became an open enrollment school system, DP wouldnt have to fabricate the addresses and jump thru hoops to satisfy OHSAA requirements. Kids could live wherever and still go to DP.

It's a tiny community and school district. No way all these kids are legit moving into the district and if so, they should still have to sit 50% of schedule.
Old 06-24-19, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
Which is why there should be separate public and private championships. Different rules. different resources, different models. Why are these schools competing against each other?
Should public open enrollment schools also have a separate tournament from districts who do not allow open enrollment? they also have different rules and models right?
Old 06-24-19, 11:51 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 time View Post
Yes
Old 06-24-19, 11:54 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Should public open enrollment schools also have a separate tournament from districts who do not allow open enrollment? they also have different rules and models right?
Yes. Go to 6 divisions for basketball. Large school/small school private, large/small public closed, large/small public open. Forget all the transfer rules since everyone skirts them anyway.
Old 06-24-19, 12:10 PM
Varsity

Greenandwhite98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
Yes. Go to 6 divisions for basketball. Large school/small school private, large/small public closed, large/small public open. Forget all the transfer rules since everyone skirts them anyway.
How does this solve the problem, if by public open and public closed you mean open enrollment or not? Deer Park and Trotwood both do not have open enrollment, but yet have players from outside the district and a CB # of 0.

Not sure your solution solves that problem.
Old 06-24-19, 01:11 PM
All Ohio

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Deer Park should simply become an open enrollment school system.
This does not fix this issue. OHSAA rules on transfering into a district with open enrollment still has specific guidelines around eligibility. If they move into the district and don't meet one of the exemption guidelines they will not be eligible.
Old 06-24-19, 03:43 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
This does not fix this issue. OHSAA rules on transfering into a district with open enrollment still has specific guidelines around eligibility. If they move into the district and don't meet one of the exemption guidelines they will not be eligible.
Not true. If you move into a district you are eligible right away. You mean if they were to open enroll at Deer Park after starting high school somewhere else they would still have to meet the criteria for exceptions.
Old 06-24-19, 04:44 PM
All Ohio

Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
Not true. If you move into a district you are eligible right away.
It's not that simple. If you move into a district but leave your parents behind in the old home, are you eligible right away? If you move into a district so you can play high school basketball under your AAU coach, are you eligible right away?
Old 06-24-19, 05:02 PM
All District

Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
word on the street...Mark Wise played for TAFT at St X this week
Old 06-24-19, 05:03 PM
All Ohio

Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 time View Post
Yes
Will Indian Hill have four or five transfers moving in to play basketball this year? Madeira? Finneytown? Anybody reading this can probably fill in 10-15 names of local schools that won't, and if you can't, just list a few of the under .500 teams in your area.

As bad as its admittedly gotten, most schools still aren't probing the edges of the transfer rule. We don't pay much attention to them, they aren't still around late in the tournament. They do make up the majority of DP's schedule, though, which is maybe relevant to the discussion.
Old 06-24-19, 06:02 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
Wise was playing for deer park this weekend at Lakota west I believe.
Old 06-26-19, 07:24 AM
Freshman

Local Sports Fan is on a distinguished road
Wise was with Deer Park last weekend, although he didn't play had a hammy or something. No clue whether he was with Taft.
Old 06-26-19, 10:54 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
mark also played for deer park at NKU last week.

jtk
()
Old 06-26-19, 11:55 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
One of my son’s closest friends transferred midway through high school- talented kid who did well at a D1 college- and I found out what the exemption they used was after he had graduated. It was ridiculous- absolute nonsense, but he played without sitting like so many do under false reporting.. I never said anything to the family or the kid or even my son, but I certainly never looked at them the same after that. I never questioned before that if they were good people- they felt like that is what they had to do for their kid, but it lacked character and sent a horrible message to their son.
Old 06-28-19, 06:56 AM
Varsity

22222 is on a distinguished road
Free BOSS pizza for all trasnsfers
Old 06-28-19, 06:54 PM
All District

humblechicajp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
Mark Wise is headed to Prep School!!
Old 07-16-19, 09:09 PM
Freshman

IAMGREAT is on a distinguished road
If parents move to Deer Park, because residence has to be established that's there business. Steve Gentry is a good coach. It's amazing anytime minority coaches has success it's a problem. I remember when Mayo and Walker moved to NCH. People complained however they lived there because I WAS THE LANDLORD. Walker and his family lived there while he was in high school at NCH. Even when Walker went to Kansas State, his mother still lived there as her younger daughter still attended NCH. Quit trying to be fault finders and give him credit for there accomplishment and there accomplishment in the near future.
Old 07-16-19, 09:11 PM
Freshman

IAMGREAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblechicajp View Post
Mark Wise is headed to Prep School!!
Mark Wise is returning to Deer Park.
Old 07-17-19, 06:58 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMGREAT View Post
If parents move to Deer Park, because residence has to be established that's there business. Steve Gentry is a good coach. It's amazing anytime minority coaches has success it's a problem. I remember when Mayo and Walker moved to NCH. People complained however they lived there because I WAS THE LANDLORD. Walker and his family lived there while he was in high school at NCH. Even when Walker went to Kansas State, his mother still lived there as her younger daughter still attended NCH. Quit trying to be fault finders and give him credit for there accomplishment and there accomplishment in the near future.

It's funny to me how all these people on here know the reason why these kids transfer and most of the time never even met these kids. If Coach Gentry has been doing something wrong in the past 2 seasons I would think the great almighty OHSAA would of stepped in by now
Old 07-17-19, 08:34 AM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
One of my sonís closest friends transferred midway through high school- talented kid who did well at a D1 college- and I found out what the exemption they used was after he had graduated. It was ridiculous- absolute nonsense, but he played without sitting like so many do under false reporting.. I never said anything to the family or the kid or even my son, but I certainly never looked at them the same after that. I never questioned before that if they were good people- they felt like that is what they had to do for their kid, but it lacked character and sent a horrible message to their son.
Come on. What was the exemption used? This is no fun. You don't have to name names.
Old 07-17-19, 10:09 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
One of my sonís closest friends transferred midway through high school- talented kid who did well at a D1 college- and I found out what the exemption they used was after he had graduated. It was ridiculous- absolute nonsense, but he played without sitting like so many do under false reporting.. I never said anything to the family or the kid or even my son, but I certainly never looked at them the same after that. I never questioned before that if they were good people- they felt like that is what they had to do for their kid, but it lacked character and sent a horrible message to their son.

You really judge people's character because their son transferred to a different school . I just think people look at this transfer thing to deeply