Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-18, 08:17 PM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Duals mean nothing lol
See ya in march
Old 02-11-18, 08:18 PM
All World

Wow coooon is a big man
Capt am couldn't do his usual on that dude.
Old 02-11-18, 08:18 PM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Most overrated sad team ever.
LOL. The baby trolls are coming out after a win.
Old 02-11-18, 08:20 PM
All Region

CincyWrestler is on a distinguished road
Coon had a really good gameplan, he knew how Snyder defends shots and I think he shot knowing it would set up an over under, Snyder will adjust, but can he handle the size of Paul Bunyan
Old 02-11-18, 08:20 PM
All Region

Ownage is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are annoying dude. Relax. It wasnít pretty but we still won. Better that we lose these matchups now and make adjustments and improve for March.

Snyder hasnít been finding his angles very much lately, but he will back and sharp when it matters most.

To think that the only dual we have lost all year was to Penn State and by 1 point is a huge accomplishment and a big advancement for the program. Every year the program has improved overall, we canít be ungrateful fans.
Old 02-11-18, 08:22 PM
Junior Varsity

sportjunkie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah.. overrated. Just beat 3 Iowa and 4 Michigan in duals. Wow!?
Old 02-11-18, 08:23 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kyle Snyder lost this team is most overrated ever.This team dont have it pretty sad.
Isn't it sad when cousins marry ^^^^ this is the result ^^^^

Beat #3 Iowa, #4 Michigan... lost by 1 to #1 PSU. Overrated?
Old 02-11-18, 08:26 PM
All American

Dad4Sports is on a distinguished road
My God...what a mountain of a man Coon is!
Old 02-11-18, 08:27 PM
All American

In all seriousness...obviously, Snyder can beat him, but it will take perfect match. The size difference is brutal to overcome. If Snyder could bulk up to 240ish he would be in a much better position. Having to make 213 all season is a killer from an NCAA perspective.
Old 02-11-18, 08:33 PM
All World

He has to forget about the high c with that mountain. Low singles.
I'll put my $ on capt America next time. He'll figure it out.
Old 02-11-18, 08:38 PM
All District

graceunder is on a distinguished road
I salute Coon for winning. However, you should have one offensive shot to win. One thing that is unfortunate about wrestling is you can stale your way to victory. I do look forward to a couple of rematches in the next 5 weeks.

I respect and admire Snyder for wrestling a heavyweight that looks 40 or 50 lbs heavier,
Old 02-11-18, 08:44 PM
All District

CDVA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownage View Post
These picks are terrible! Amine over Hayes?! No way! How is Jordan - Amine a tossup? Jordan has never lost to him, ever, he isnít going to start now. Martin wins his match for sure, and no way Coon and Snyder go to OT.
Good calls

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-18, 08:48 PM
All Region

Tartan78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceunder View Post
I salute Coon for winning. However, you should have one offensive shot to win. One thing that is unfortunate about wrestling is you can stale your way to victory. I do look forward to a couple of rematches in the next 5 weeks.

I respect and admire Snyder for wrestling a heavyweight that looks 40 or 50 lbs heavier,

Coon is a solid 60-65 pounds heavier. Coon has to cut to make 285...Snyder is still putting weight back on after dropping to 213 for Yarygin. The next month will b interesting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-18, 08:48 PM
All American

If you are being objective, this dual actually illustrates how good Ohio State really is. Snyder, both Jordan’s, and Pletcher lost and Michigan could still not win. Show me another team including PSU, where 4 of your 5 best wrestlers lose, and you still win?
Old 02-11-18, 08:54 PM
All Region

Blast82.5 is on a distinguished road
I was one who questioned whether Snyder could deal with Coon's size. I hate seeing the better wrestler lose due only to size, but that's the situation we have here.

Although I sure hope he makes adjustments, I find it hard to imagine a match where he wins against Coon. Coon has to "make weight" at 285 ... Snyder is no more than 230. Snyder cannot go upper body, and even some very good shots were not really that close to scoring tonight. Two more chances ...

Not to pile on, but geez, if you are winning the match with 20 seconds left and have not been warned for stalling, how do you let your opponent in DEEP? You know he's going to shoot, right? Gotta close out matches.
Old 02-11-18, 08:54 PM
Varsity

UsedToBe103 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
If you are being objective, this dual actually illustrates how good Ohio State really is. Snyder, both Jordanís, and Pletcher lost and Michigan could still not win. Show me another team including PSU, where 4 of your 5 best wrestlers lose, and you still win?
Good point! A good dual team requires a competent wrestler at every weight.
Old 02-11-18, 09:03 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast82.5 View Post
I was one who questioned whether Snyder could deal with Coon's size. I hate seeing the better wrestler lose due only to size, but that's the situation we have here.

Although I sure hope he makes adjustments, I find it hard to imagine a match where he wins against Coon. Coon has to "make weight" at 285 ... Snyder is no more than 230. Snyder cannot go upper body, and even some very good shots were not really that close to scoring tonight. Two more chances ...

Not to pile on, but geez, if you are winning the match with 20 seconds left and have not been warned for stalling, how do you let your opponent in DEEP? You know he's going to shoot, right? Gotta close out matches.
I seem to remember that Coon won a couple of junior world medals and was the Greco Olympic alternate. So if anyone thinks Coon had a couple of sandwiches and fluked his way to beating Snyder you're being delusional.
Somebody should have told the Buckeyes the rules that say the weight class is 285 regardless of your busy international schedule.
Snyder might have to get used to watching Coon's hand being raised.

Old 02-11-18, 09:05 PM
All District

td2fall is on a distinguished road
put cambells butt on the bench.6 losses in a row and he even asked to sit
Old 02-11-18, 09:07 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDVA View Post
I seem to remember that Coon won a couple of junior world medals and was the Greco Olympic alternate. So if anyone thinks Coon had a couple of sandwiches and fluked his way to beating Snyder you're being delusional.
Somebody should have told the Buckeyes the rules that say the weight class is 285 regardless of your busy international schedule.

We shall see next rds.
I would think snyderman will burn this and come back hard. Stay out of the dam tie ups and move next time.
Old 02-11-18, 09:12 PM
All American

Coach Root is on a distinguished road
This is merely a continuation of the Penn State dual... OSU looks sloppy. Across the board. Take the blinders off, and it's not hard to see that these guys are under-performing. That doesn't mean that they won't show up in March nor does it mean they are over-rated. But the talent on this team is through the roof, and the current output is not meeting up to their ability right now.

As for Snyder... everyone can get beat. It happens. I'm sure he'll adjust. For those complaining about "how" Coon won, I would have to disagree. To win a match against one of the best in the world, you need a game plan. The game plan won the match. Getting into a pissing contest with Snyder wasn't the goal... getting his hand raised was. Personally I this being isolated and a likely role reversal come Big 10's.

The other thing that should be noted is that a lot of you are such big fans, that you don't want to admit that other teams can compete. Michigan is a very talented team. They have some absolute freaks just like OSU. These were always going to be good matches.

Coach Root
Old 02-11-18, 09:13 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:

A.) "shots" aren't required for takedowns
B.) Coon got the only takedown of the match
C.) no objective observer can claim he "stalled". I think he got to Snyder's legs almost as frequently as Snyder got to his. This wasn't a 2-1 OT escape war.

I'm a Snyder fan, but these "size" complaints are tired. He knows what he signed up for when he chose to wrestle HWT. Coon is a very good wrestler. He's a lot more than just a big guy. He can wrestle lower body and upper body. If I'm not mistaken he doubled up at Fargo twice and may even done the Fargo/Flo triple crown. He's also a great student. He also didn't #### out like Nevilles did He's very tough to root against.

All of that being, I hope Snyder figures it out and wins at the B1Gs. It would be awesome to see a rubber match in the NCAA finals.
Old 02-11-18, 09:13 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDVA View Post

CDVA equals Certified Dumb Voluptuous .

If Coon is so awesome tell him to take a shot and earn a takedown instead of backing into a victory against a guy 60lbs lighter.
Old 02-11-18, 09:17 PM
All District

Quote:

If Coon is so awesome tell him to take a shot and earn a takedown instead of backing into a victory against a guy 60lbs lighter.
Snyder was called for stalling

Old 02-11-18, 09:22 PM
All Region

ChiefPriest
Snyder is by far the better wrestler, and adjustments will be made. I have now doubt he will be at the top of the podium when it's all said and done.
Old 02-11-18, 09:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
A.) "shots" aren't required for takedowns
B.) Coon got the only takedown of the match
C.) no objective observer can claim he "stalled". I think he got to Snyder's legs almost as frequently as Snyder got to his. This wasn't a 2-1 OT escape war.

I'm a Snyder fan, but these "size" complaints are tired. He knows what he signed up for when he chose to wrestle HWT. Coon is a very good wrestler. He's a lot more than just a big guy. He can wrestle lower body and upper body. If I'm not mistaken he doubled up at Fargo twice and may even done the Fargo/Flo triple crown. He's also a great student. He also didn't out like Nevilles did He's very tough to root against.

All of that being, I hope Snyder figures it out and wins at the B1Gs. It would be awesome to see a rubber match in the NCAA finals.
I donít think that Snyder or anybody else is complaining about the size difference. How could anybody complain, they both make the weight limit. What they are saying is that there comes a point where a size difference makes it impossible to win a wrestling match regardless of talent. I am not saying Snyder canít win the next time. Just that he may be challenging the boundaries of what is possible.
Old 02-11-18, 09:26 PM
All Region

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Coon wrestles d1 285lb.not his fault snyder dosent put lbs on.
Old 02-11-18, 09:35 PM
All American

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Lol Coon got the over/under body lock in position twice and Snyder absolutely ran off the mat both times. He shot quite a few times actually, it wasn't a stall fest out there from him by any means.

Look Snyder is the much better wrestler, but the best wrestler doesn't always win. I'd still bet heavily on Snyder in the rematch and that's coming from a Michigan grad. And Coon is no slouch, with a Cadet World title, a bronze in both styles at the same junior worlds, and now a win over 3 different 2 time NCAA champs in folk(Nelson, Gwiz, and now Snyder) FWIW Snyder weighed in at 225, Coon at 280.8
Old 02-11-18, 09:51 PM
All Ohio

PIQUA_Bolin
Send a message via Yahoo to PIQUA_Bolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by td2fall View Post
put cambells butt on the bench.6 losses in a row and he even asked to sit
Lol. They should set him a couple matches. Taking a forfeit even would be less painful to watch.
Old 02-11-18, 10:01 PM
All District

First, Coon took zero shots the 2nd and 3 periods and yet received 0 staling calls. It sure does make it easier to wrestle when all you need to do is play defense for 2 periods. As I stated before I salute Coon for winning but it is unfortunate that wrestling matches can be won that way. I am not talking about the last 30 seconds, Coon did not take a shot for the last 2 periods. I do not care if it is an OSU wrestler or anyone from middle school to the Olympics you should be called for staling if you do not take a shot over the last 2 periods.

Next, no complaints about the weight difference. I wrote.... I respect and admire Snyder for wrestling Coon, a great wrestler, and giving up between 50 to 60 lbs.
I find that highly commendable.
Old 02-11-18, 10:23 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
First, Coon took zero shots the 2nd and 3 periods and yet received 0 staling calls. It sure does make it easier to wrestle when all you need to do is play defense for 2 periods. .
He rode Snyder out for 0:50 of the 4 minutes in question. So now you need to account for the 3:10. I've re-watched the match twice and I see Coon moving forward and trying to dig underhooks for most of the second 2nd and 3rd periods. Snyder took 3 legitimate shots in those periods and Coon essentially sprawled out of them. Other than that he was constantly moving forward, trying to get underhooks or setting up a body lock. He wasn't backing and blocking.

Please re-watch the match and come back and tell me the exact clock time at which you would have hit Coon with a stall warning then a stall call.

I don't know how you call the guy who is constantly moving forward for stalling? You are aware that "shots" aren't the only way to score a takedown, right? Folkstyle is not Greco in reverse. You are allowed to score via the upper body, as Coon did in the first round.