Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-18, 02:39 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJacketCity View Post
Trotwood's football record average win in the last 10 years against the teams in the American conference
Year Record Avg Margin of Victory
2008 4-0 3
2009 4-0 19
2010 5-0 27
2011 5-0 29
2012 6-0 37
2013 6-0 43
2014 5-0 35
2015 4-2 25
2016 7-1 40
2017 8-0 49

Total 54-3

I'd say this is a fair argument for competitive balance being a reason of the schools excluding TW at least from a football perspective.
That is dumb, the North has some awful programs the last 10 years in football. Not the Rams fault. Another poster had it right, twood did not run when they were awful.

Butler baseball has won the conference for 15 straight years (or something), in that logic you better run away and form something else. Its all about money for the programs and snowflakes needing trophies. I refuse to believe its about demographics.
Old 02-08-18, 02:48 PM
All District

VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Trotwood's football record average win in the last 10 years against the teams in the American conference
Year Record Avg Margin of Victory
2008 4-0 3
2009 4-0 19
2010 5-0 27
2011 5-0 29
2012 6-0 37
2013 6-0 43
2014 5-0 35
2015 4-2 25
2016 7-1 40
2017 8-0 49

Total 54-3

I'd say this is a fair argument for competitive balance being a reason of the schools excluding TW at least from a football perspective.
So what!! So you may go out and get your butt whipped. Piqua proved this past year you may not. They are a DIII public school. Smaller than half the teams in the North. The point has been made. Trotwood has always had size, speed and been physical. They have built a winning culture and nothing less is accepted. How about raising the bar for your program instead of lowering it.
Old 02-08-18, 02:53 PM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
That is dumb, the North has some awful programs the last 10 years in football. Not the Rams fault. Another poster had it right, twood did not run when they were awful.

Butler baseball has won the conference for 15 straight years (or something), in that logic you better run away and form something else. Its all about money for the programs and snowflakes needing trophies. I refuse to believe its about demographics.
It's about wins and losses in Football and Basketball. Period.
Old 02-08-18, 03:00 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
I get that, it pays the bills. But in the grand schema of things, the schools in the north will never even be regional powers. The vast majority of the schools that are leaving, I will only call local powers in these sports.

Heck in football, they cant even compete with the MAC (- Troy, - Piqua). So your running from the studs in the city, your to scared to play the country powers. Congrats, on your worthless above I-70, below Wapak, and no farmers schools conference championship.

The new trophy should be called the AboveI70BelowWapakNoGoodCountrySchools local championship. Congrats on that. Snowflakes.
Old 02-08-18, 03:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
Wins and losses. Now we have a garbage conference and look like a bunch of snakes and bigots.
Old 02-08-18, 03:17 PM
Varsity

aztecjim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedad View Post
WC is horrible in sports right now and the gates are awful, plus we just dropped to D3. I see what they are trying to do, because SWBL will not accept them. They were not voted in before! How about seeing if Bellbrook and Franklin would be interested in joining the new league for a South and North 12 team league?
A rebirth of the MML? Bellbrook, Franklin, Miamisburg, West Carrollton, and four or five others. Fairborn? Stebbins? Xenia?
Old 02-08-18, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
I'll address the 3 questions that were asked by different people. So if it wasn't race, what was it then? I think it has everything to do with getting your butt kicked every year by a successful team. Look at the GCL schools like Moeller, St. X, Elder, and now LaSalle with success, no one wants to schedule them any longer. Same applies to Trotwood. I think another person also hit the nail on the head, that it could be revenue issues; poor travel attendance. However I'm going to stick to my reason.
Actually, Wayne did schedule Moeller, beat them down like a dead mule each year and now Moeller does not want to play Wayne anymore.....
Old 02-08-18, 03:37 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Why would Miamisburg want in that conference?
Old 02-08-18, 03:39 PM
All Region

NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
I get that, it pays the bills. But in the grand schema of things, the schools in the north will never even be regional powers. The vast majority of the schools that are leaving, I will only call local powers in these sports.

Heck in football, they cant even compete with the MAC (- Troy, - Piqua). So your running from the studs in the city, your to scared to play the country powers. Congrats, on your worthless above I-70, below Wapak, and no farmers schools conference championship.

The new trophy should be called the AboveI70BelowWapakNoGoodCountrySchools local championship. Congrats on that. Snowflakes.
Salty much? Why do you care what the new conference is or isn't? Part of sports is knowing your lane. There's a reason Bowling Green isn't asking to be in the Big Ten, or OSU asking to be in the MAC. Sometimes in life you have to know and accept your lane, but sure go ahead and name call.
Old 02-08-18, 03:40 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I used to coach junior high basketball in the GWOC, and by and large I agree with what the Trotwood guys are saying about their basketball team. The main guys are mostly, if not entirely, guys that have been in their system from junior high or earlier. I can't attest to football from my personal knowledge, but I bet it's also by and large Trotwood kids.

The "they recruit" tale seems to be mostly based on what's happened in the past, and from those who believe they can't possibly be this good with only Trotwood kids. Rest assured that they can. The school is smaller, but pound for pound they have the best basketball and football athletic talent in their district of anyone in the GWOC. I'm still searching for a logical answer as to why they were left out of the new league in favor of the likes of W.C. and Stebbins, but on the surface this looks like an act of competitive cowardice by some of the schools that they have a lot of history with, ala the SCOL forming a new league to get away from Wilmington (basketball) and Massie (football). Instead of building their programs back up or assuming that inevitably Trotwood will hit a down cycle, they're taking their ball and going home.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-18, 03:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
Mo's 5 game suspension should do it. He converses with other teams players at 7 on7's and basketball games. It's blatant and everybody knows it. I believe those days are in the past and time to move on.
Moe is not the coach???Jeff Graham is.
Old 02-08-18, 03:46 PM
All Region

NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wins and losses. Now we have a garbage conference and look like a bunch of snakes and bigots.
Maybe you should wait until all the news comes out before you go name calling, but you do you.
Old 02-08-18, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

It is not like this has not happened before in the GWOC. The North teams did kick out Northmont and Northmont played in the central for a while and eventually went to the south.
Old 02-08-18, 03:50 PM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Doesn't matter. Once you get that cheater stigma on ya, it's hard to get rid of. Doesn't mean it's fair. It is what it is.
Old 02-08-18, 03:54 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
I know that. It's been 4 seasons. That is why I said those days are in the past.
Old 02-08-18, 04:06 PM
Freshman

Thunderbolt76 is on a distinguished road
The reason the other schools don't want to play Trotwood, aside from the fact that the Rams will dominate them in football and basketball, is that the Rams are not competitive in other sports. They do not have JV soccer teams, and no golf teams, only a handful of wrestlers and are not competitive in any other sports. It creates holes in other schools' schedules when you can't schedule a JV game in certain sports. If a Division I football program managed to beat Trotwood, which is Divsion III, they gain no computer points for winning. For that fact alone other schools don't want to deal with them. I have a lot of friends in the Trotwood area. They are good people. This is not a racial issue.
Old 02-08-18, 04:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Maybe you should wait until all the news comes out before you go name calling, but you do you.
Sorry to hurt your feelings. I did not call anybody names. The way this thing was handled has given the perception that we are snakes and bigots. The keyword is "perception".
Old 02-08-18, 04:37 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Why is Trotwood so upset? They are obviously the class of the GWOC and will be free to schedule whomever they want. Trotwood had no business playing the smaller GWOC schools. They area on a much higher level.
Why can't Trotwood join the Cincy schools and play against competition that will challenge them? I do remember Trotwood crying about Troy and Piqua back in the day too.
Times change. Just leave the SWBL out of it. There isn't a team in that league that could play with Trotwood.
Old 02-08-18, 04:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt76 View Post
The reason the other schools don't want to play Trotwood, aside from the fact that the Rams will dominate them in football and basketball, is that the Rams are not competitive in other sports. They do not have JV soccer teams, and no golf teams, only a handful of wrestlers and are not competitive in any other sports. It creates holes in other schools' schedules when you can't schedule a JV game in certain sports. If a Division I football program managed to beat Trotwood, which is Divsion III, they gain no computer points for winning. For that fact alone other schools don't want to deal with them. I have a lot of friends in the Trotwood area. They are good people. This is not a racial issue.
So WC, Stebbins and Xenia have all those JV teams and wrestlers and golfers and badminton and cricket players?? No... This won't work. Not this time.
Old 02-08-18, 04:58 PM
All District

Quote:
Butler couldn't field a Freshman football team last year. Probably will be lucky to have a JV team this year.
Old 02-08-18, 05:25 PM
All Region

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I do not like Trotwood, we all know that, but this seems unfair to bully up on them. To have all the north and south schools single them out seems a bit much. I can think of other schools that need to be out other than Trotwood. Regardless of how I feel personally, itís always nice to see them represent the Gwoc and continually go far in basketball and football most years.
Why???? Because you only have 2 maybe 3 wins in last 10 or so years?? Just like the schools, LETS SEE YOUR PRIVILEGE....

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 02-08-18, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If a Division I football program managed to beat Trotwood, which is Divsion III, they gain no computer points for winning. For that fact alone other schools don't want to deal with them. I have a lot of friends in the Trotwood area. They are good people. This is not a racial issue.
Absolutely NOT true. The fact that Trotwood is D3 is a mute point when it comes to Harbin totals. You see, what matters more is the division of opponents that team plays. Since Trotwood would play a majority if not all D1 teams in the new format nobody would see a difference in level 2 computer points. Level 1 computer points would be just 0.1 "actual" point less.

Not wanting Trotwood because they are D3 in football would be just an excuse.
Old 02-08-18, 05:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
Speak for yourself bro. I'd rather have a shot to knock off the King than kill a bottom feeder. Trotwood is DIII not DI and should be in. Have a program that sets the bar and nut up and compete.
I respect this post so much, Fam!! I can remember getting housed every year by all the members of the GWOC. The RAMNATION NEVER complained, we got our S*** together so we could compete with our conference Brethren. We didnít tuck tail, and join/form a new league.

TROYTROJAN05, I lost all respect for you as well, 2 out 3 since 2006, are you kidding me, let it go!! Dynasties come and go, at some point somebody else will run the show. Be patient, I know taking Lís from the brother hood sucks for PEOPLE OF PRIVILEGE.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY 2017 DIV III STATE CHAMPS

Last edited by Professor.Klump; 02-08-18 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-08-18, 06:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCfan View Post
Part of leaving Trotwood out might have something to do with them putting up over 100 points in basketball 7 times this season and breaking 50 points in football 7 times with a high of 76 against Fairborn who scored a whopping 6. Some would say that is very poor sportsmanship to continue to pile it on. They were up on WC in basketball last week 81-37 at the end of the third quarter and still put up 34 in the 4th.
This is about these other schools doing what they think is best for their schools. Yes, it sucks for Trotwood, but it is what it is.
We endure this type of S*** for YEARS, YEARS!!!!! Those schools, and itís posters look like Cowards with this move.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 02-08-18, 06:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Mo's 5 game suspension should do it. He converses with other teams players at 7 on7's and basketball games. It's blatant and everybody knows it. I believe those days are in the past and time to move on.
Dude that was at least 10 yrs ago, and Moe has been at Springfield for like 5 seasons.

Prove that we recruit, what f***ing back channel?? You take your kids to West/East Dayton, and raise them, I bet Trotwood will look like a paradise.

Besides the few kids at Dunbar/ Thurgood the past few years, Dayton kids make a choice. Centerville, Miamisburg, Northmont, Trotwood, or Wayne. All of these kids know each other ESPECIALLY THE BLACK KIDS. You think Centerville recruited those DPS kids a year or 2 ago NO!!!! They all have friends and Family, and they simple make decision not to play in Dayton.

Come to a Trotwood PeeWee game this summer, and you will see. Itís kids with 9 oíclock bed times looking forward to playing for the high school.
The RAMNATION farm system is on point. Thereís simply no need to recruit for any of these schools Dayton gives you every reason to leave.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 02-08-18, 07:01 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Tensions are high now because it’s human nature to resist change. Fast forward 5 years and everyone will look back at this as a good move. In the end, everyone prospers from this split. Trotwood likely gets the best deal out of it all. Better competition in the regular season, and a lock to host Week 11 every year due to the computer points cache that they will secure.
Old 02-08-18, 07:03 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Klump: You throwing privilege around is certainly the equivalent of any racist term that one would call another race. It’s classless and uncalled for....be better than that man.
Old 02-08-18, 07:07 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecjim View Post
A rebirth of the MML? Bellbrook, Franklin, Miamisburg, West Carrollton, and four or five others. Fairborn? Stebbins? Xenia?
Add Valley View
Old 02-08-18, 07:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
Dude that was at least 10 yrs ago, and Moe has been at Springfield for like 5 seasons.

Prove that we recruit, what f***ing back channel?? You take your kids to West/East Dayton, and raise them, I bet Trotwood will look like a paradise.

Besides the few kids at Dunbar/ Thurgood the past few years, Dayton kids make a choice. Centerville, Miamisburg, Northmont, Trotwood, or Wayne. All of these kids know each other ESPECIALLY THE BLACK KIDS. You think Centerville recruited those DPS kids a year or 2 ago NO!!!! They all have friends and Family, and they simple make decision not to play in Dayton.

Come to a Trotwood PeeWee game this summer, and you will see. It’s kids with 9 o’clock bed times looking forward to playing for the high school.
The RAMNATION farm system is on point. There’s simply no need to recruit for any of these schools Dayton gives you every reason to leave.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Calm down!! I know it was 10 years ago and the man asked to prove that Trotwood recruited. Moe got suspended for it. End of story. I have defended Trotwood this whole thread so don't pull that race card on me. I never said anything about a "back channel" either. That was someone else. If your going to jump my at least get your quotes right.

Last edited by VBHSFB04; 02-08-18 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Add on
Old 02-08-18, 07:31 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
This is all just a shame. The GWOC was a great conference. I hate to see it all fall apart. Hate that Trotwood was once again left in the cold by Piqua, Sidney, Troy, Butler and Greenville. Yes, Trotwood appears to have a home with the big 9, which is fine for FB and BB. I feel bad for their students in the other sports. It's just not fair to them to be with those 9 schools in the other sports.

I wish all of twenty schools the best of luck with the paths that they have chosen or that have been chosen for them.

Can't wait to hear the truth about what happened behind the closed doors of the GWOC meeting. Eventually, it will all come out.
Closed Thread