Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-07-18, 10:39 PM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
Seriously, "“Why is it that the only African-American school in that entire league isn’t allowed to be in (a proposed new) league?” Trotwood principal David White asked. “They didn’t (realign) based on geography or enrollment.”

What in the hell does race have to do with this?
Are you seriously asking that question? The only school left out of this equation was a predominately black school. That didn't raise a red-flag to you?
Old 02-07-18, 10:44 PM
Freshman

WCfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I did think Twood running up the score and keeping starters in a lot in 4th Q for football and basketball can be deemed as pretty classless, but it's not their job to stop putting points on the board. Don't want to lose that bad, play defense. Yes, however, the talent pools of Twood and WC are completely lopsided. It's a tough situation.
I agree that if you don’t want teams running up the score on you then get better. Unless of course the teams shouldn’t be playing each other in the first place. That is what the leaving schools are trying to accomplish. Not a single one of these schools can compete in football or basketball with Trotwood and we all know that those two sports are what drives all these decisions.
Trotwood will be more than fine. As long as they win 6 games they will make the football playoffs and the better competition in basketball will better prepare them for a deep tourney run.
Old 02-07-18, 10:53 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCfan View Post
I agree that if you don’t want teams running up the score on you then get better. Unless of course the teams shouldn’t be playing each other in the first place. That is what the leaving schools are trying to accomplish. Not a single one of these schools can compete in football or basketball with Trotwood and we all know that those two sports are what drives all these decisions.
Trotwood will be more than fine. As long as they win 6 games they will make the football playoffs and the better competition in basketball will better prepare them for a deep tourney run.
Troy has beaten Trotwood in football 2 out the last 3 times. Most years I will give you that, but I wouldn’t say none can compete. None or the south schools can that’s for sure.
Old 02-07-18, 10:55 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
Are you seriously asking that question? The only school left out of this equation was a predominately black school. That didn't raise a red-flag to you?
WC, Stebbins, Fairborn, and Xenia all have substantial black populations. They maybe aren’t predominantly black, but the population is there and growing in some of those schools. I don’t think it has to do with race. It has to do with Trotwood being that much better.
Old 02-07-18, 11:04 PM
All District

VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Speak for yourself bro. I'd rather have a shot to knock off the King than kill a bottom feeder. Trotwood is DIII not DI and should be in. Have a program that sets the bar and nut up and compete.
Old 02-07-18, 11:04 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Troy has beaten Trotwood in football 2 out the last 3 times. Most years I will give you that, but I wouldn’t say none can compete. None or the south schools can that’s for sure.
You are correct, but they also have only beaten them twice since 2006 according to the GWOC website. The scores are much more respectable though I will give you that. The only south school that maybe has a chance in a good year is Xenia and that is probably still a stretch.
Old 02-07-18, 11:05 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
Agreed. I think the CBC and OHC hold pat for the foreseeable future.
About the only hiccups I could envision over the next decade or so in either league would be a Northeastern consolidation or the financial well running dry at Catholic Central. I personally tend to think the NE voters will vote to remain split with new schools and Central will continue to make a go of it for at least 15-20 more years, but if either occurs, I think the OHC can fairly easily expand with some pre-OHC league affiliates if needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-18, 11:20 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
Speak for yourself bro. I'd rather have a shot to knock off the King than kill a bottom feeder. Trotwood is DIII not DI and should be in. Have a program that sets the bar and nut up and compete.
Good point, but that’s obviously not how the teams that are leaving feels. The lower performing schools (WC, Fairborn, Stebbins, Greenville) are just trying to compete right now. You could just roll the ball out and let their basketball team play open gym and have the football team draw up plays in the dirt and they would still smoke these teams.
Looking on the bright side for Trotwood, this shows how much respect these schools have for Trotwood sports.
Old 02-07-18, 11:32 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Since mid 2k Trotwood has carried the torch in basketball and football most definitely in the GWOC North and now obviously in their new division. Prior to 2k there was never a thought of moving them as they were competitive but not dominate.
People hate to here it but there was/is definitely prejudice involved in the decision to move them out of the north and move them jokingly to their current division. They absolutely do not compete in the other 15+ sports in the conference. The other schools in their division don't draw in any sport so gate is not the issue either. They will use that to justify the decision but that's definitely not the reason.
I don't think it's racism but I do know they're disliked because they win, how they win, who they are, they have "swag" when they do it, and intrinsically the powers that be(AD's, Principals) can't stand it so they systematically find a way to get rid of them. Some of you choose not to understand it and some of you are too naive to understand.
Old 02-07-18, 11:36 PM
All District

Firebuck
Send a message via Yahoo to Firebuck
Has there been any mention of schools that might possibly replace the ones that or leaving or do you guys think that the GWOC will just be ten schools from here on out? Merging with another league might be a possibility but the GMC is about the only conference near the GWOC that would work. A GWOC-GMC merger would sure be something.
Old 02-08-18, 02:28 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebuck View Post
Has there been any mention of schools that might possibly replace the ones that or leaving or do you guys think that the GWOC will just be ten schools from here on out? Merging with another league might be a possibility but the GMC is about the only conference near the GWOC that would work. A GWOC-GMC merger would sure be something.
Would never happen. The travel time alone would knock attendance way down. And if you do that you might as well just ask the GCL to join too and start the R4 playoffs in week 1.
Old 02-08-18, 07:54 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Would never happen. The travel time alone would knock attendance way down. And if you do that you might as well just ask the GCL to join too and start the R4 playoffs in week 1.
No way in hell will any league want to bring in the GCL South. Being a Moeller grad, I've heard numerous conversations from people in the GWOC and GMC and that would never happen. Plus, those schools aren't coed.
Old 02-08-18, 08:27 AM
All Ohio

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
This thread is exactly what WHIO and the DDN wanted and it’s to turn this possible breakup into a racially charged circus. Fact is this story was irresponsibly reported without getting the full story. Why don’t we wait until we have all of the facts from the schools that are potentially leaving before we start casting stones. After tomorrow’s meeting these schools will be making statements and we will actually have the full story. It’s unfortunate that so many want to try and drive a narrative with only a fraction of the “facts”. I can understand Trotwood fans feeling slighted based on the half truths and misleading narrative that has been bestowed upon us. I just ask that we hear the whole story before we make a rush to judgement.
Old 02-08-18, 08:29 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Since mid 2k Trotwood has carried the torch in basketball and football most definitely in the GWOC North and now obviously in their new division. Prior to 2k there was never a thought of moving them as they were competitive but not dominate.
People hate to here it but there was/is definitely prejudice involved in the decision to move them out of the north and move them jokingly to their current division. They absolutely do not compete in the other 15+ sports in the conference. The other schools in their division don't draw in any sport so gate is not the issue either. They will use that to justify the decision but that's definitely not the reason.
I don't think it's racism but I do know they're disliked because they win, how they win, who they are, they have "swag" when they do it, and intrinsically the powers that be(AD's, Principals) can't stand it so they systematically find a way to get rid of them. Some of you choose not to understand it and some of you are too naive to understand.
zezzo. hypothetical for you. your league has been North/central/south but you want to change to N/S/E/W because schools in the south division (Miamisburg, Springboro, Lebanon) are much bigger than others and that is a problem. and you are adding Tippecanoe and Stebbins.
Your current North division is:
Sidney
Troy
Piqua
Greenville
Butler
Trotwood
To keep numbers relatively equal, 2 teams from that 6 plus Tipp and Stebbins need to go to the South. Who do you pick?
If you choose the 2 most southern schools it would be Trotwood and Stebbins! Are you sure "there was/is definitely prejudice involved in the decision to move them out of the north and move them jokingly to their current division."?

I think the N/S/E/W split was exactly geographically! d1's split east/west, 2's and 3's north/south.
Old 02-08-18, 08:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
zezzo. hypothetical for you. your league has been North/central/south but you want to change to N/S/E/W because schools in the south division (Miamisburg, Springboro, Lebanon) are much bigger than others and that is a problem. and you are adding Tippecanoe and Stebbins.
Your current North division is:
Sidney
Troy
Piqua
Greenville
Butler
Trotwood
To keep numbers relatively equal, 2 teams from that 6 plus Tipp and Stebbins need to go to the South. Who do you pick?
If you choose the 2 most southern schools it would be Trotwood and Stebbins! Are you sure "there was/is definitely prejudice involved in the decision to move them out of the north and move them jokingly to their current division."?

I think the N/S/E/W split was exactly geographically! d1's split east/west, 2's and 3's north/south.
Yes!
Old 02-08-18, 08:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
This thread is exactly what WHIO and the DDN wanted and it’s to turn this possible breakup into a racially charged circus. Fact is this story was irresponsibly reported without getting the full story. Why don’t we wait until we have all of the facts from the schools that are potentially leaving before we start casting stones. After tomorrow’s meeting these schools will be making statements and we will actually have the full story. It’s unfortunate that so many want to try and drive a narrative with only a fraction of the “facts”. I can understand Trotwood fans feeling slighted based on the half truths and misleading narrative that has been bestowed upon us. I just ask that we hear the whole story before we make a rush to judgement.
Perception is reality
Old 02-08-18, 08:53 AM
Freshman

TropicAces is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Part of leaving Trotwood out might have something to do with them putting up over 100 points in basketball 7 times this season and breaking 50 points in football 7 times with a high of 76 against Fairborn who scored a whopping 6. Some would say that is very poor sportsmanship to continue to pile it on. They were up on WC in basketball last week 81-37 at the end of the third quarter and still put up 34 in the 4th.
This is about these other schools doing what they think is best for their schools. Yes, it sucks for Trotwood, but it is what it is.
I was at the game last week...and most of the third quarter and all of the 4th, TW had all reserves in the game. What do you do? I was at the TW/WC football game and it was a WC home game and there were more TW fans there. I was at the TW/WC girls soccer game at it was a WC home game...and the crowd was about equal.
Old 02-08-18, 09:05 AM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
Tell me that Beavercreek, Centerville, Springboro and other schools didn't pile on in Soccer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-18, 09:06 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll address the 3 questions that were asked by different people. So if it wasn't race, what was it then? I think it has everything to do with getting your butt kicked every year by a successful team. Look at the GCL schools like Moeller, St. X, Elder, and now LaSalle with success, no one wants to schedule them any longer. Same applies to Trotwood. I think another person also hit the nail on the head, that it could be revenue issues; poor travel attendance. However I'm going to stick to my reason.
Old 02-08-18, 09:07 AM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
I'm reading it as Trotwood is still in the GWOC. It's just that the ones leaving the GWOC don't want Trotwood to go with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-18, 09:31 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Trotwood issue aside for the moment, it was irresponsibly reported in Greenville, with the local paper using a headline that reads like Greenville was the only one wanting out. It really makes me roll my eyes, seeing as how our local newspapers aren't worth even lining a bird cage with in the first place.
Old 02-08-18, 09:35 AM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
If the remaining 9 schools decide "uh we don't want a Division 3 school in our conference" and they vote 9-1 to leave them out it is a done deal! Trotwood size wise and all-sports competitiveness clearly should be with the other schools that are abandoning the conference. To even make mention of the "gate" and "other sports" when you are accepting WC and Stebbins is purely astounding! I went to a Twood vs. WC girls soccer game and Twood had more fans and their team was better. Because Twood's baseball team struggles they cannot be in the conference? Why do they have to be good at every sport? No one else does? Hide behind all the fake reasons you can....Twood was a charter member of the GMVC and the GWOC north and to make this move without considering their membership is purely political, classicism and yes a the "R" word is applicable here as well. The "haves" are tired of the "have nots", whoopin their arse in the revenue generating sports, so they did not invite them to their little party. Or in this case secret meeting.

Man call a spade a spade! Then some dude says, "well WC, Stebbins and Xenia have some black kids in their schools" how can it be racist??? That's just like saying "I got one black friend"! That is not the point!
Old 02-08-18, 09:40 AM
All Region

dreamz7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well Said, the title and narrative of the story is ridiculous, my question is would Trotwood leave if the others schools asked them? The story makes u think these schools are leaving just because of Trotwood, I highly doubt that is the only reason.
Old 02-08-18, 09:52 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelmontBison View Post
What do you feel the reason is?
Recruiting.
Old 02-08-18, 09:57 AM
All American

gocomets21 is on a distinguished road
The SCOL just did the same thing a couple years back to Clinton-Massie and Wilmington. What do CM and Wilmington have in common with Trotwood? It sure isn't race, it is that they were kicking the crap out of the other schools in football and basketball.
Old 02-08-18, 10:22 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
RESPECT!!!
Old 02-08-18, 10:28 AM
All District

NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocomets21 View Post
The SCOL just did the same thing a couple years back to Clinton-Massie and Wilmington. What do CM and Wilmington have in common with Trotwood? It sure isn't race, it is that they were kicking the crap out of the other schools in football and basketball.
1. This is where I stand. Rightly or wrongly teams want to feel like they have a chance to compete for titles, especially when we're talking revenue sports of football & basketball. The fact is for the better part of 10 years no one in the American Conference has been very much, if at all, competitive with TW in Football or Basketball.

2. Also in play (imo), & part of the reason for #1 is that TW has a bigger feeder area then their own school district. Kids from DPS and Trotwood grow up playing against each other, and kids from DPS will leave to go to Trotwood to play sports and get out of DPS. This is a talent pool that the other American teams simply don't have and can't compete with. It's a fact that TW has been punished in the past for recruiting, yes it's been a while and yes it was a different coach, but it still happened and I believe that they still use back-channels to do the same today. Athletes aren't transfering in to the likes of Sidney, Piqua,Troy, Fairborn, West Carolton and the like merely to play sports and build dominant sports teams.

I applaud Trotwood on their successes. They've built very dominant football and basketball programs and one that other schools don't feel like they can compete with anymore, and that's what's at the core of this move, not race.

Last edited by NewJacketCity; 02-08-18 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-08-18, 10:30 AM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJacketCity View Post
1. This is where I stand. Rightly or wrongly teams want to feel like they have a chance to compete for titles, especially when we're talking revenue sports of football & basketball. The fact is for the better part of 10 years no one in the American Conference has been very much, if at all, competitive with TW in Football or Basketball.

2. Also in play (imo), & part of the reason for #1 is that they TW has a bigger feeder area then their own school district. Kids from DPS and Trotwood grow up playing against each other and kids from DPS will leave to go to Trotwood to play sports and get out of DPS. This is a talent pool that the other American teams simply don't have and can't compete with. It's a fact that TW has been punished in the past for recruiting, yes it's been a while and yes it was a different coach, but it still happened and I believe that they still use back-channels to do the same today? Athletes aren't transfering in to the likes of Sidney, Piqua,Troy, Fairborn, West Carolton and the like merely to play sports and build dominant sports teams.

I applaud Trotwood on their successes. They've built very strong football and basketball programs and one that other schools, but I truly believe the other schools believe they've built a program that they can't compete with, and that's what's at the core of this move, not race.
#nailedit
Old 02-08-18, 10:50 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJacketCity View Post

2. Also in play (imo), & part of the reason for #1 is that TW has a bigger feeder area then their own school district. Kids from DPS and Trotwood grow up playing against each other, and kids from DPS will leave to go to Trotwood to play sports and get out of DPS. This is a talent pool that the other American teams simply don't have and can't compete with. It's a fact that TW has been punished in the past for recruiting, yes it's been a while and yes it was a different coach, but it still happened and I believe that they still use back-channels to do the same today? Athletes aren't transfering in to the likes of Sidney, Piqua,Troy, Fairborn, West Carolton and the like merely to play sports and build dominant sports teams.

I applaud Trotwood on their successes. They've built very strong football and basketball programs and one that other schools, but I truly believe the other schools believe they've built a program that they can't compete with, and that's what's at the core of this move, not race.
Nobody gave a hell when Trotwood was getting beat by 70 in football. Same can be said for Wayne or Centerville when it comes to the drawing kids, though nobody complains. Hell, Centerville had a whole backfield of kids from DPS a few years ago and nobody said a word. Those teams would not even think about leaving them out of some conference jumble mess! Why because they have the resources! The financial resources and the fact they got some of that old money.

What back Channel?? Trotwood's best players, all of them are four year kids! Hargrove, Daniels, Stevens-Peppers, the big OT, Parker.. All of those kids went to Twood MS. What are you saying?? That recruiting bit is old news! Like 10 years old. Find another excuse. It is ridiculous to still be bringing that up. One kid here or there does not supersede the fact that most of those kids are 4 year Trotwood kids! They put work in, over the summer, during the winter, after school, etc... Give those kids and those coaches some credit. Stop trying to tie their success to "back channel" recruiting lines. That is just terrible! That's why some of these Twood fans spaz! These kids have put in so much work and the level of respect they get for that is minimal. I wish some one could of recorded Hargrove's speech yesterday at the signing. What he said did not have a damn thing to do with some back channel recruiting! It was about putting work in, getting better and getting all those kids to buy into being a team and accomplishing one goal, being state champs! That's the difference and not giving those kids credit for that and putting of some of their success to "back channel" recruiting. That's a little racist in itself...Just sayin! Poor black kids can't work hard????
Old 02-08-18, 11:01 AM
All District

VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
I guess the GMC should form a new league and kick out Colerain.