Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-18, 06:33 PM
All District

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Maybe it wasn't you. IF not, my bad. But you was tripping on the Ohssa thing.. That was outta line...
Ironic that you would say he was out of line, when you have been out of line in this entire thread. Calling everyone racists that you don't agree with. Calling all of the schools and their administrators racists for them wanting to form a more competitive league for their schools. No school has come out and given the exact reasons as to they want to do this, but yet you have formed an opinion that this is 100% racial and that there can't be any other logical reason. There is no way that all of these schools came together and decided to do this based on race...
Old 02-13-18, 06:34 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Trotwood will hover between 2 and 3 for the next several years.
Ok. Just curious. I was under some impression that they were getting smaller. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-13-18, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Didn't Wayne put like 70 on a team from Canada with like 20 players a few years back?? "Don't throw stones"" bruh!
they put 69 on them but here are the stats of the starters.

Trice QB only 128 yards passing
Pitts RB only 32 yards rushing, Wilcox just 12
WAgner WR 80 yards receiving
Swanson, 1 catch for 15 yards....

So, the starters only amassed 172 yards in the game and were long gone. The back-ups did the damage, Foster with over 100 yards rushing alone.

Trotwood against Fairborn the starters had over 500 yards and Trotwood threw the ball at the end of the game.....

Trotwood threw a 70 yard TD pass late in the game against Xenia up 61-21....
Old 02-13-18, 06:42 PM
All Yappi

The schools stated competitive balance for the reason for leaving. They cannot compete with Trotwood in Football and Basketball while Trotwood cannot compete against them in other sports. The North has booted out Northmont after Northmont dominated for 8 years. Northmont was also getting bigger but it has happened before.

The SCOL schools left Clinton Massie out in the cold because they were beating them up in football year after year. Right or wrong this does happen. I don't know if "Race" is the true meaning for this or not but what the schools have stated does make sense.
Old 02-13-18, 07:57 PM
Junior Varsity

just me being me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocomets21 View Post
You've read through all of these posts and concluded that not one other person made a valid point? How is it not a valid point that teams were sick of getting pounded in basketball and football? In the article that people keep posting on here the Butler AD talks about competitive balance being a huge issue. Could it be possible there is racism behind this, possibly, but it also hasn't been proven so I am not sure how you can suggest it is that without a doubt. Other schools, even predominantly white schools, have been left high and dry out of conferences because of too much success in one sport or the other.
Correct, Because I have read through most of these post and most are debunked by member1 and a few others. Getting a whipping on the field or on the court is no reason to get kicked out of a league. You cannot come up with any valid point that it isn't racism and if there is please try to explain it to me, I'll listen.
Old 02-13-18, 08:03 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just me being me View Post
Correct, Because I have read through most of these post and most are debunked by member1 and a few others. Getting a whipping on the field or on the court is no reason to get kicked out of a league. You cannot come up with any valid point that it isn't racism and if there is please try to explain it to me, I'll listen.
Trootwood is not a good athletic department. Last place, awfull emails from AD, no crowds,no revenue.

My tone really changed after talking to AD types
Old 02-13-18, 08:41 PM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
And technically Trotwood isn't getting kicked out of a league....yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-18, 09:00 PM
All Region

GrowthAdvocate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
they put 69 on them but here are the stats of the starters.

Trice QB only 128 yards passing
Pitts RB only 32 yards rushing, Wilcox just 12
WAgner WR 80 yards receiving
Swanson, 1 catch for 15 yards....

So, the starters only amassed 172 yards in the game and were long gone. The back-ups did the damage, Foster with over 100 yards rushing alone.

Trotwood against Fairborn the starters had over 500 yards and Trotwood threw the ball at the end of the game.....

Trotwood threw a 70 yard TD pass late in the game against Xenia up 61-21....
People don't understand that when Trotwood was pulling starters a year ago after being up big what did the league coaches do? Not vote for Trotwood players for all conference because they didn't have "the stats" hence the starters began to play at least the third quarter. Trotwood can't win when it comes to those teams up north unless they are getting beat period. Nobody has a problem when Wayne has a run, has 11 "transfers" in football from the entire region or wins the state basketball tournament with only 1 Huber kid 2 stivers kids and 2 Springfield kids starting, or Centerville having literally the entire Thurgood Marshall Starting backfield and nicknamed it "the midnight Express"

My question is name one conference that doesn't want a defending state champion and perennial contender in it?

It's the WRONG school carrying the banner and people can't stand it. It's that simple.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-18, 09:30 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Trootwood is not a good athletic department. Last place, awfull emails from AD, no crowds,no revenue.

My tone really changed after talking to AD types
I know Dave (The Principal) and he wouldn't say he's running up the score on anybody so you can believe who you want, the people who are lying is who you believe. Dave has more class in his one finger than the 10 AD's who want to leave Trotwood out. Trotwood have bigger crowds than at least 4 of the members that was asked to stay, you cannot find anything wrong with the athletic department and when TROTWOOD plays on the road fans come to see Trotwood so the other teams get the money. So everything you just said and everybody whose denying the wood is DEBUNKED or absolutely wrong. Like I said time and time again this is RACIST crap. Also Trotwood demands more from their athletes so check out the grades of the athletes at Trotwood.
Old 02-13-18, 09:45 PM
Junior Varsity

WCfan is on a distinguished road
West Carrollton’s basketball team is 90% black with a black head coach. They also have several black individuals in leadership positions throughout the school district (principals, central office, and the Human Resources director). For WC at least Trotwood not being invited into the new league is not a race issue. It is absolutely a competitive balance issue.
Old 02-13-18, 09:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowthAdvocate View Post
People don't understand that when Trotwood was pulling starters a year ago after being up big what did the league coaches do? Not vote for Trotwood players for all conference because they didn't have "the stats" hence the starters began to play at least the third quarter. Trotwood can't win when it comes to those teams up north unless they are getting beat period. Nobody has a problem when Wayne has a run, has 11 "transfers" in football from the entire region or wins the state basketball tournament with only 1 Huber kid 2 stivers kids and 2 Springfield kids starting, or Centerville having literally the entire Thurgood Marshall Starting backfield and nicknamed it "the midnight Express"

My question is name one conference that doesn't want a defending state champion and perennial contender in it?

It's the WRONG school carrying the banner and people can't stand it. It's that simple.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
I get it. I don't care how long they leave in the starters or not. I was just responding to a post that brought Wayne into the discussion and I was just stating that Wayne does not leave in starters to pad stats.

The GWOC IS NOT kicking Trotwood out and the GWOC can't do a thing about the schools that are leaving except for the fact they can force them to stay in the GWOC for 2 more years.

Are you kidding me about nobody has a problem with Wayne? Northmont black balled Wayne in the voting for seeding. Wayne got bashed on here non stop about the transfers but people could not get it that it was the down fall of the programs they were coming from. Some people still think Wayne is an open enrollment school and that it is unfair but Wayne is NOT an open enrollment school. Centerville has had more transfers of late than Wayne but transfers are the norm now so nobody really cares. Look at Deer Park basketball this year, where did all those kids come from....

Why does Trotwood want to be with the schools that left anyhow? I think they would want to be with their rival Northmont in the south division and have more competitive games in both football and basketball.

I'm not blind, there are Wapakoneta's out there but there is also St. Marys.... I doubt that everyone of those schools are leaving Trotwood out because of race. Some maybe and they will never admit it but more than likely all of them because they are getting tired of getting beat by 45+ points every game in football and basketball....
Old 02-13-18, 09:55 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCfan View Post
West Carrollton’s basketball team is 90% black with a black head coach. They also have several black individuals in leadership positions throughout the school district (principals, central office, and the Human Resources director). For WC at least Trotwood not being invited into the new league is not a race issue. It is absolutely a competitive balance issue.
So you're saying you have 8 or 9 black players that you're predominately black school. WOW I love your logic, almost like saying if you;re white and I have a black friend so that makes you ok. If your student body is 80% black, 60% of your teachers are of color than come back and talk to me.
Old 02-13-18, 10:06 PM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
The Stats that people should worry about is the grades in the classroom.

Old 02-13-18, 10:20 PM
Junior Varsity

WCfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So you're saying you have 8 or 9 black players that you're predominately black school. WOW I love your logic, almost like saying if you;re white and I have a black friend so that makes you ok. If your student body is 80% black, 60% of your teachers are of color than come back and talk to me.
Actually out of the 20 or so JV and Varsity players that makes about 18 black players. What about 70% black students and 50% black teachers? Would that be good enough for you to not call an entire school district racist? Seriously, I believe racism is still a major issue nationally, white privelege does exist, and there is a white supremacist in the White House. I’m just telling you that this particular issue is a Trotwood mercilessly beats WC down because they are light years ahead of WC athletically issue, not a race issue. Take a compliment. Your school is great athletically! I have no reason to doubt that your kids are great kids. Just try to understand that not all schools are seriously trying to win state championships. Some are just trying to compete at some level and don’t want a juggernaut in their league. It’s seriously like Ohio State being in the MAC.
Old 02-13-18, 11:32 PM
All District

VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What's the point. You already had your mind made up so it can't be about anything other than race in your eye's. Explain to me what has been "debunked", enthrall me with your acumen.
Old 02-14-18, 05:01 AM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I get it. I don't care how long they leave in the starters or not. I was just responding to a post that brought Wayne into the discussion and I was just stating that Wayne does not leave in starters to pad stats.

The GWOC IS NOT kicking Trotwood out and the GWOC can't do a thing about the schools that are leaving except for the fact they can force them to stay in the GWOC for 2 more years.

Are you kidding me about nobody has a problem with Wayne? Northmont black balled Wayne in the voting for seeding. Wayne got bashed on here non stop about the transfers but people could not get it that it was the down fall of the programs they were coming from. Some people still think Wayne is an open enrollment school and that it is unfair but Wayne is NOT an open enrollment school. Centerville has had more transfers of late than Wayne but transfers are the norm now so nobody really cares. Look at Deer Park basketball this year, where did all those kids come from....

Why does Trotwood want to be with the schools that left anyhow? I think they would want to be with their rival Northmont in the south division and have more competitive games in both football and basketball.

I'm not blind, there are Wapakoneta's out there but there is also St. Marys.... I doubt that everyone of those schools are leaving Trotwood out because of race. Some maybe and they will never admit it but more than likely all of them because they are getting tired of getting beat by 45+ points every game in football and basketball....
I mistakenly woke up the Vamps by including Wayne in a comment. UH OH!! Anyway..... IF it ain't one thing it's probably another...Why don't these stand up ADs tell the truth. Release a statement to the media and punk out formally. Tell them and everybody why Trotwood was not included in the plan. Don't talk around it, don't avoid it, tell us all. Not the conference spill either. Why was Twood left out? Then let the discussion churn from there. Won't happen, because the reasons make no rational sense. None.
Old 02-14-18, 05:09 AM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NfamousWayneFan View Post
The Stats that people should worry about is the grades in the classroom.

Was waiting on that one. That the ringer folks go to when there fed up with facts. One test that the state gives has been proven not to be a reflection of an entire school district. Stop it.. By the way take a look at the scores of some of the different groups (minorities ) out there in Huber.... Not jumping off the charts. Leave academics out of this sports discussion. Not right. Plus all the football kids we are discussing are eligible. Awful...
Old 02-14-18, 08:06 AM
All Ohio

southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well that is what happened to Northmont. It was really only football for the most part. They didn't dominate in anything else that I can recall. Football is primarily (basketball a big factor as well) what drives the bus. Of course the difference would be that Northmont was bigger than all the other schools in the GWOC north. I completely understand the guarded position of racism. I would certainly hope that if Trotwood was not dominate in football and basketball (the money makers) that this would be a non issue and Trotwwod would have been included in the defection.
Old 02-14-18, 08:33 AM
All American

gocomets21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What exactly has been debunked? I really don't understand how you can dismiss competitive balance as not being a valid reason. Maybe getting a whipping is not a reason for you want to leave a league, but as many others have pointed out, this has happened to several local schools over the years. Northmont, Wilmington, Clinton-Massie, and Winton Woods in Southwest Ohio alone. Out of those 4 schools, only Winton Woods has a majority of African-American students at 57%. So this same type of thing has happened to schools with all kinds of different populations. Competitive balance makes a lot more sense to me, especially since some administrators have come out and said that this was the reason. There is absolutely nothing at this time to support racism.
Old 02-14-18, 08:49 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Just stop with the race crap. Why does it always come to that? The only ones being racist are the ones calling out the “white” schools and presuming they are to blame. Racism goes both ways. And you guys bashing the rest of the league for that alone are doing just that.

Racism is a real thing in the world today, and there are many issues regarding that. It all stars with our idiot president. But this is not a race issue.
Old 02-14-18, 09:54 AM
All District

IcyCoolDevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post

Racism is a real thing in the world today, and there are many issues regarding that. It all stars with our idiot president. But this is not a race issue.
^
You forgot the word former
Old 02-14-18, 09:56 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
I brought up this point a long while ago, and I'll bring it up again. How stable is Trotwood's student count? What are the chances they could eventually drop another football division? I'm not trying to sidestep any perceived arguments, valid or not. I'm just asking the question. Would it matter much to the conference as a whole if they dropped to Division 4?
Trotwood's count this year was 361 boys. The cutoff between DII and DIII is 388. There are 6 DIII schools in the GWOC. Trotwood ranks 3rd behind Butler at 385 and Piqua with 381 boys. WC is 4th with 354 then Greenville at 315. Tipp is in the caboose with 296. DIV cutoff is 278 so I hope Tipp doesn't have a massive male transgender identity crisis in the next year.
Old 02-14-18, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Was waiting on that one. That the ringer folks go to when there fed up with facts. One test that the state gives has been proven not to be a reflection of an entire school district. Stop it.. By the way take a look at the scores of some of the different groups (minorities ) out there in Huber.... Not jumping off the charts. Leave academics out of this sports discussion. Not right. Plus all the football kids we are discussing are eligible. Awful...
I think you took that wrong. I took it as saying in the grand scheme of things is these are students first and the first role of the school is to educate the students. Sports are secondary.

But you appear to always be half-cocked on the race issue.
Old 02-14-18, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Just stop with the race crap. Why does it always come to that? The only ones being racist are the ones calling out the “white” schools and presuming they are to blame. Racism goes both ways. And you guys bashing the rest of the league for that alone are doing just that.

Unfortunately racism is a reality of the world. Always has. Always will. It doesn't matter who calls the white house home.
Old 02-14-18, 01:59 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood

Are we still talking about this? Member1 has said it all and I am not about to back off of the fact that this is a racially motivated decision and that doesn't mean that the people on this board that are from those schools are racist but we need not have all of the discussions about the multiple factors and Trotwood not having enough gate and Trotwood lacking sportsmanship. When Trotwood showed mercy the other teams in the GWOC screwed over the kids and didn't give them all conference accolades. Trotwood keeps the kids in through the 3rd quarter and they are running up the score. Trotwood threw a pass up 61-21 against Xenia, that is right, there have been times when Trotwood has been down a bunch and teams have run it up as well. No one got left out of the league for it. So in the mean time take the C notes in basketball for the rest of this season. David White never told any Trotwood athletic team to run up the score after the decision. That was me. The Final Say said run up the score on the rest of the conference teams remaining on the schedule that pulled this move to leave us out. It was the The Final Say who endorsed every 100 point outing from Trotwood-Madison Basketball and every 70 pointer from Football. Blame it on me. Now I can be the reason Trotwood got put out because in the words of the Emperor Palpatine Trotwood should show no mercy, be relentless, leave no doubt, do what must be done. RUN IT UP!!!!!!
Old 02-14-18, 03:06 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=The Final Say;6987319]Are we still talking about this? Member1 has said it all and I am not about to back off of the fact that this is a racially motivated decision QUOTE]

If you are correct, what discussion has to take place for it to be racially motivated? Meaning, did the other 10 schools sit in the room and say they don't want the predominantly black school? And if they didn't specifically talk about it, how else would you make the conclusion that it was about race? I mean if race was never discussed, how is it about race?

Please help me understand.
Old 02-14-18, 03:22 PM
All District

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Vinegar;6987347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Are we still talking about this? Member1 has said it all and I am not about to back off of the fact that this is a racially motivated decision QUOTE]

If you are correct, what discussion has to take place for it to be racially motivated? Meaning, did the other 10 schools sit in the room and say they don't want the predominantly black school? And if they didn't specifically talk about it, how else would you make the conclusion that it was about race? I mean if race was never discussed, how is it about race?

It's called victim mentality, Trotwood fans are notorious for it...
Old 02-14-18, 03:55 PM
All World

So

[QUOTE=Vinegar;6987347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Are we still talking about this? Member1 has said it all and I am not about to back off of the fact that this is a racially motivated decision QUOTE]

I just want to make sure that we are clear. If the other 10 schools didn't go into a room and say we want them out because they are black. If that wasn't said in a closed door meeting that we have no way of verifying then we have to throw that out of the window? Or could you just draw from the many stereotypes from Trotwood that happen to fit all of those that are given to black schools universally. (Not enough Fans, Bad Sportsmanship, not competitive in the other sports). How can we make the conclusion you ask? What other team of the same stature and size in the SWBC has carried the banner like Trotwood has on a state and even national level? Why wasn't Trotwood even invited to the meeting to split the league and given the plan from the other schools in the North? So yes sir, they did have closed door meeting that didn't include Trotwood. What was said behind those close doors doesn't matter, because the fact that the door was closed says all we need to hear. And Trotwood isn't the victim of anything that we aren't all to familiar with being. Seems to me the other schools in the league are the victims. That is why they had their secret meetings
Old 02-14-18, 03:57 PM
All World

Or

[QUOTE=Killer Joe;6987353]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post

It's called victim mentality, Trotwood fans are notorious for it...
Championship Mentality. Always hunting Joey
Old 02-14-18, 04:18 PM
All District

I don't get it. Trotwood is like the hot chick nobody has a chance at P### Off because all the ugly dudes didn't ask her out.
Closed Thread