Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-18, 06:03 PM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
GWOC Split, Trotwood Out....

http://www.whio.com/sports/gwoc-team...wOzQwXRJVzO1J/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-18, 06:16 PM
All American

These are the ones splitting minus Trotwood

Old 02-07-18, 06:16 PM
All American

Northmont
Wayne
Springfield
Beavercreek
Miamisburg
Fairmont
Springboro
Lebanon
Centerville

-------------------------------

Trotwood still remains

10 is a good #

Last edited by NfamousWayneFan; 02-08-18 at 05:01 AM.
Old 02-07-18, 06:36 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Part of the problem with a very large conference is some schools do not believe they belong, their voice isn't heard, etc. This almost parallels Cincinnati with Winton Woods. Trotwood has been a loyal member for many years and it just feels wrong. Yes, I realize all this other schools have to "do what's best for OUR school district" but....
Hate to say it but from a scheduling standpoint aligning with DPS would make scheduling easier but don't see many in favor of that. Who knows what will happen next. Only thing constant about conferences around here is that they are always CHANGING.
Old 02-07-18, 06:39 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously, "“Why is it that the only African-American school in that entire league isn’t allowed to be in (a proposed new) league?” Trotwood principal David White asked. “They didn’t (realign) based on geography or enrollment.”

What in the hell does race have to do with this?
Old 02-07-18, 06:46 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Pretty sure it makes sense for the American division teams, they just don't want to play Trotwood. A traditionally bad travel gate from Trotwood for ADs and getting your butt stomped by Trotwood. It is very unfortunate. I would bet that if Trotwood fans brought more gate money to opposing schools at away games, American teams would want to keep them. Problem is when you don't have a good gate and get beat up by that team there is not much of a benefit for opposing schools. It stinks for Trotwood.

As a sidenote, I do not believe this has anything to do with race and is purely financial for those schools leaving. And I think the conference they will form is exactly the one that has been missing since the GWOC formed.
Old 02-07-18, 06:51 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
Seriously, "“Why is it that the only African-American school in that entire league isn’t allowed to be in (a proposed new) league?” Trotwood principal David White asked. “They didn’t (realign) based on geography or enrollment.”

Someone is outraged over nothing.
Old 02-07-18, 06:52 PM
All District

BelmontBison is on a distinguished road
Quote:

What do you feel the reason is?
Old 02-07-18, 07:03 PM
Junior Varsity

just me being me is on a distinguished road
Quote:

May I ask why do you think they were left out then.
Old 02-07-18, 07:04 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I'm curious to see what happens with those who remain. It will either be a 10 school (two division) league with Trotwood or an 8 school league with Trotwood out and assumptuously Lebanon leaving for a Cincinnati league.

The question now is will Northmont, Springboro, Lebanon and Miamisburg be amenable to being in a division with Trotwood? Or will everyone be willing to realign differently (i.e. north/south) to accommodate everyone? I have a feeling that those who remain would be satisfied with going north (Springfield, Wayne, Fairmont, Northmont and Trotwood) and south (Beavercreek, Centerville, Springboro, Miamisburg and Lebanon).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-18, 07:08 PM
All Yappi

I also find it to be somewhat perplexing that the north schools went in with the south schools here instead of pillaging a couple others from other leagues that are closer geographically. I would have figured that they would have formed an 8 school league adding some combination of Bellefontaine, Tecumseh, Wapakoneta and St. Mary's Memorial. Lima Senior also wouldn't have been completely awful here with virtually all travel being along the I-75 corridor.

Old 02-07-18, 07:11 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Long overdue! Tired of being forced to schedule games against teams that are twice the size of us.

As for Trotwood, it's not a race thing....that's ridiculous. They are beating the brakes off of everyone in the American South and always will. From a competitive standpoint it makes sense for Trotwood and the other schools. The Rams can go toe-to-toe with Wayne, Springfield, Centerville etc...something that most of the American teams would struggle doing in basketball and football.
Old 02-07-18, 07:14 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Maybe they are tired of having a crowd of 30/ 50 fans and up to maybe 75 at a road football game.
Old 02-07-18, 07:14 PM
Junior Varsity

just me being me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryTeacher View Post
Pretty sure it makes sense for the American division teams, they just don't want to play Trotwood. A traditionally bad travel gate from Trotwood for ADs and getting your butt stomped by Trotwood. It is very unfortunate. I would bet that if Trotwood fans brought more gate money to opposing schools at away games, American teams would want to keep them. Problem is when you don't have a good gate and get beat up by that team there is not much of a benefit for opposing schools. It stinks for Trotwood.

As a sidenote, I do not believe this has anything to do with race and is purely financial for those schools leaving. And I think the conference they will form is exactly the one that has been missing since the GWOC formed.
None of the teams that wants Trotwood out traveled well either so I think your reasoning is all wrong. When Trotwood played these opposing teams their gate was better due to fans coming to see Trotwood and the band.
Old 02-07-18, 07:15 PM
All Region

GrowthAdvocate is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Everything!!!

Plus David White is white. This is the equivalent of forming a new B1G without Ohio State or a new SEC without Alabama. When does any conference want the school who has carried the banner in major sports out? C'mon Elksone you're not blind.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-18, 07:17 PM
All Region

Eagle112 is on a distinguished road
Wow, this is somewhat shocking as I didn’t see this coming at all. On a positive note this maybe an opportunity for Trotwood to better serve there kids. Other than football track and basketball they don’t belong with the big schools in the GWOC. They would be the smallest school by far and have 0 chance to compete in all of their other sports which is really what this is about along with poor gate.

1). They don’t draw well at the gate in ANY sport other than football and B.B.
2). Other than basketball Track and Football they have no business in GWOC National

How this helps Trotwood
1). Align with schools of the same size SWBL, DPS as they geographically align with both
OR
2). Do the WW thing which would allow the football basketball and track team to schedule an appropriately tough schedule, while servicing the CC B/G, Swim B/G, softball, baseball, bowling B/G, soccer B/G, tennis B/G Volleyball B/G and wrestling teams with comparable competition.

Trotwood Fan

Last edited by Eagle112; 02-07-18 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-07-18, 07:18 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
So Greenville and WC are going to bring in big gates? I went to a WC game and there were more folks on the away side then home. Stop it! If the Caucasian principal at Trotwood can see what is happening why can't you ? WC, Fairborn, Stebbins??? Really? Trotwood was the barrel scum of the league for years, now they are on a historic run the teams in the North rather go to Wright Patt and get a school vs. a school you have been competing with for over 60years. What's really going on?
Old 02-07-18, 07:20 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
I figured it was a matter of time before the GWOC North portion broke off. I have an interesting idea.

Western Interstate Conference:
Sidney
Piqua
Troy
Tipp
Greenville
Butler
Wapakoneta
Lima Senior
Bellefountaine

Decent travel distances along and reachable from I 75. Bellefountaine is one I'm a little iffy on. I do feel bad for Trotwood

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 02-07-18 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-07-18, 07:20 PM
All Region

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The Privileged whites are tired of the Union Rd beatings, and success. From 83’ through the early 2000’s we took beating after beating. 8 years of winning, 2 State Titles, more than a handful of Final 4’s, and runner ups(Basketbal & Football).I guess that was the last straw. ”HOW DARE THESE N**** GET THEIR S*** TOGETHER AND BUILD A RESPECTABLE BASKETBALL & FOOTBALL PROGRAM!!!!” Elk one, I hate when White Guys like yourself can’t see the bulls*** right in your face, are you that privileged? So privileged, that you are outraged by our outrage.

Most of those teams are DIV III, so your gonna force us to play DIV I & II all year, and then hope to have success against us in the playoffs???

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY 2017 DIV III CHAMPS 15-0
Old 02-07-18, 07:35 PM
All Region

Eagle112 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood is more than just 2 sports..........you don’t get into a conference based on 2 sports. It’s the entire body of work that defines all our schools from a conference standpoint....
Old 02-07-18, 07:35 PM
All Region

GrowthAdvocate is on a distinguished road
All this talk of gates.

Stebbins terrible
Fairborn terrible
West Carrollton terrible
Xenia terrible
Sidney terrible until this year

There's a strong correlation to awful programs and bad Gates.

FYI
Trotwood vs Troy opener packed both sides
Trotwood vs Pick Central, packed both sides,
Trotwood vs Tipp packed both sides,
Trotwood vs Wayne in a driving rain storm packed both sides,
Trotwood vs Dunbar playoff game packed both sides
Trotwood vs CJ playoff game packed both sides

So Trotwood had no gate issue, they had a whoop issue and those schools can't stand it.

As for the smaller sports, none of them get any gate for any school with the exception of track classics like the Roosevelt Relays. When Trotwood was getting beat up it was fine having them in the league. Now that they dominate the major sports, now it's a problem. Same thing happened to Winton Woods in Cincy and it had nothing to do with the gate and everything to do with the makeup of the student body and them winning in the major sports.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-18, 07:38 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I do not like Trotwood, we all know that, but this seems unfair to bully up on them. To have all the north and south schools single them out seems a bit much. I can think of other schools that need to be out other than Trotwood. Regardless of how I feel personally, it’s always nice to see them represent the Gwoc and continually go far in basketball and football most years.
Old 02-07-18, 07:42 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
The Privileged whites are tired of the Union Rd beatings, and success. From 83’ through the early 2000’s we took beating after beating. 8 years of winning, 2 State Titles, more than a handful of Final 4’s, and runner ups(Basketbal & Football).I guess that was the last straw. ”HOW DARE THESE N**** GET THEIR S*** TOGETHER AND BUILD A RESPECTABLE BASKETBALL & FOOTBALL PROGRAM!!!!” Elk one, I hate when White Guys like yourself can’t see the bulls*** right in your face, are you that privileged? So privileged, that you are outraged by our outrage.

Most of those teams are DIV III, so your gonna force us to play DIV I & II all year, and then hope to have success against us in the playoffs???

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY 2017 DIV III CHAMPS 15-0
/thread
Old 02-07-18, 07:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I figured it was a matter of time before the GWOC North portion broke off. I have an interesting idea.

Western Interstate Conference:
Sidney
Piqua
Troy
Tipp
Greenville
Butler
Wapakoneta
Lima Senior
Bellefountaine

Decent travel distances along and reachable from I 75. Bellefountaine is one I'm a little iffy on. I do feel bad for Trotwood
This makes a lot more sense to me than what they've chosen to do. Lima Senior and Wapakoneta give you an 8 team league with everyone being along 75 except for Greenville. That's probably as well as they could do. I'd probably only consider going to 10 if 9 and 10 were Bellefontaine and St. Mary's.

Old 02-07-18, 07:50 PM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
I just seen this story on FB, I haven't been on Yappi much since the season ended. But I wanted to come in and give my two cents, not that it matters to anyone. Trotwood was with us in the GMVC before we joined the GWOC. If we are going to split from the GWOC and form our own league again, then Trotwood should be brought along with us again. Yes their gates are not good.... yes they are heads above everyone in football, basketball and track. But they are pretty horrible in every other sport. I went to a baseball game when they was in Piqua a few years back and it was painful to watch.

Bottom line is, they should be included in whatever league we put together if we stay with base teams like I think we will.
Old 02-07-18, 07:57 PM
All Yappi

If the issue is gate receipts and fielding poor teams in "non-revenue" sports, then why are the north schools bringing along West Carrollton, Stebbins, etc.? Those schools are bad in just about every sport and don't bring any gate money.

Old 02-07-18, 07:58 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
This makes a lot more sense to me than what they've chosen to do. Lima Senior and Wapakoneta give you an 8 team league with everyone being along 75 except for Greenville. That's probably as well as they could do. I'd probably only consider going to 10 if 9 and 10 were Bellefontaine and St. Mary's.

St Marys I was a little leary of because they are D4 but I bet you wouldn't get Wapak without St Marys now that I think about it. This would also leave Celina without their rivals.
Old 02-07-18, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
It’s like having a private school in the division, it’s not fair. They recruit, they have move in’s so it’s not like teams are going to be able to compete with that. If they were still a doormat in football I’d say sure, let them in. It’s the same thing that happened with Northmont, they became a big fish in a small pond and it was time to go. It wasn’t a race thing then it isn’t one now...it’s a competitive balance thing. In the sports that matter, Trotwood plays like a DI. Look at their results from this football season and tell me that there wasn’t a competition issue. You build a giant, he outgrows the workshop.
Old 02-07-18, 08:17 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
This is the same thing that the CBC did to Tippecanoe. It’s not race, if you wanna make it about race fine, Trotwood athletes are far superior in football and basketball compared to these schools. That’s why this is happening, along with Trotwood not compete in gin other sports and gates. Do not make this about race for gods sake
Old 02-07-18, 08:20 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
I think this was two different issues...
the North tired of crossovers (nobody wants an almost certain loss in football) and not having their voices heard.
the South tired of losing to Trotwood, and then add in crossovers.
they made convenient bedmates. The North (6 teams) left and took 4 of the 5 South teams with them.

It LOOKS bad...but is it really? Did Trotwood belong in a league with WC, Fairborn, Stebbins and Xenia? Pick 4 Dayton area schools the most like Trotwood in football and basketball. Did you pick American or National schools? I look forward to Trotwood vs Northmont/Springfield/Miamisburg/Wayne/etc every year.
Closed Thread