Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-23-18, 09:18 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Sibley must step up, for sure. Coventry is primarily a team of role players. We need more playmakers.
Old 01-23-18, 09:25 PM
Varsity

fred123456 is on a distinguished road
from where? there isn't that type of player out there. they need the core three to play together and hope that wagner plays better than his average. he played well tonight. last couple of games much better defense.
Old 01-23-18, 11:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred123456 View Post
from where? there isn't that type of player out there. they need the core three to play together and hope that wagner plays better than his average. he played well tonight. last couple of games much better defense.
What I believe they need to handle pressure is team leadership+chemistry around their big three. Our roleplayers are nice. We have shooters, rim protectors, scrappy defenders, etc. Players who play their part in the schemes well. But what happens when opponants figure out how to beat our schemes. Thats where intelligence and leadership will come in. Thats where I believe close games are won. And for the comets it looks like thats gotta come from Sibley, Vanadia, and Hogg. Now I cut our big 3 some slack. Injury bug has not helped them there. Thats why im hoping for an injury free second half of the season. So we can develop our on-court chemistry, and finish this season with our team playing like a very well oiled machine. That is what is going to be the difference in those close games i believe. The victory over Norton was a good start. We must build on that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-18, 03:17 AM
All Region

CometsB&G is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
What I believe they need to handle pressure is team leadership+chemistry around their big three. Our roleplayers are nice. We have shooters, rim protectors, scrappy defenders, etc. Players who play their part in the schemes well. But what happens when opponants figure out how to beat our schemes. Thats where intelligence and leadership will come in. Thats where I believe close games are won. And for the comets it looks like thats gotta come from Sibley, Vanadia, and Hogg. Now I cut our big 3 some slack. Injury bug has not helped them there. Thats why im hoping for an injury free second half of the season. So we can develop our on-court chemistry, and finish this season with our team playing like a very well oiled machine. That is what is going to be the difference in those close games i believe. The victory over Norton was a good start. We must build on that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

As of now Sibley canít be in a top 3 role, he is the 6th man coming off the bench playing more of a defensive roll & providing blows, only 7 players played in Norton win, what i see is better defense & a team with the ability to score, where Iím nervous is playing a good defensive teams, we donít handle the ball well, sloppy with to many turnovers when the pressure is turned up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-18, 10:34 AM
Varsity

BulldogDad14 is on a distinguished road
Woodridge 73
Coventry 64
Final

Old 02-10-18, 02:11 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Did Woodridge clinch the Metro last night?
Old 02-10-18, 02:42 PM
Varsity

PTC: Metro/County 2017-2018 thread

No. Tied with Norton(11-1)
Woodridge (10-1)
Actually 1/2 game back.
3 conference games remaining.
1 non conference.

2/13 @ Springfield
2/16 Norton - H
2/23 Springfield - H
@ Kent 2/20

Last edited by BulldogDad14; 02-10-18 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-11-18, 03:32 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
With Lake Center win over Valley, Mogadore assured of no less than tie for PTC county title, 4TH straight crown! Wildcats have 0 league losses with 3 games to play. Rootstown, Valley now have 3 losses. Way to go CATS! 4 for the DORE!!
Old 02-13-18, 11:27 PM
Varsity

PTC Metro lead comes down to Friday nights game between Woodridge vs Norton @ Woodridge. Both teams 11-1. Should be a good one.

Old 02-14-18, 10:16 AM
Moderated User

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Wow Coventry is just giving themselves up for beatdowns on a regular basis now. They schedule a couple teams with a pulse and they get destroyed. Probably make to the terrible schedule after these smackdowns.
Old 02-14-18, 10:40 AM
All American

PunyWorm, do you seriously have nothing better to do then to go around trashing ptc teams? Especially a team that cannot catch a break from the injury bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
Probably make to the terrible schedule after these smackdowns.
And care to try saying that again? Noone can understand that language.
Old 02-14-18, 10:58 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
PunyWorm, do you seriously have nothing better to do then to go around trashing ptc teams? Especially a team that cannot catch a break from the injury bug?

And care to try saying that again? Noone can understand that language.
Not trashing any team just funny Coventry folk pounding chests when they fill their roster with Akron city kids. Then any team they play that is decent they get destroyed by. I respect Woodridge though they cant beat any good teams they do play them close for the most part. And watch with the name calling wingman
Old 02-14-18, 11:06 AM
All American

Our roster is hardly filled with Akron City kids. The only akron city kids are Sibley, whose been struggling with injury, and Hogg. Vanadia, our rim protector, Wallace and Wagner, our shooters...are Coventry people, and key contributers.

Our problem is we have too many role players and not enough playmakers.
Old 02-14-18, 01:58 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Our roster is hardly filled with Akron City kids. The only akron city kids are Sibley, whose been struggling with injury, and Hogg. Vanadia, our rim protector, Wallace and Wagner, our shooters...are Coventry people, and key contributers.

Our problem is we have too many role players and not enough playmakers.
By the looks of the scores he hasnt been protecting many rims? Also, Coventry is filled with Akron kids. Last years teams was made of the majority being from Akron.
Old 02-14-18, 02:13 PM
All American

Coventry may be filled with Akron kids, hence the division in our community over our open enrollment policy. But they are not necessarily coming here for basketball. The majority of our best players in recent years are from Coventry itself. Skaggs, Burkhart, Vanadia, Wess, are not from akron. I'm not denying that akron kids have helped us, they gave us Hargrove, Hogg and Sibley, but sibleys injuries have limited his usefulness this season. But to say it was one or the other doing all the work is misleading. Our teams results in recent years, for better or for worse. have been a product of a joint effort with Coventry faithful and open enrollies. I do not believe they are here for athletics, as akron kids have been coming here long before our football and basketball teams got even decent. They come for academic reasons. I'm not knocking APS academics, I'm just pointing out the parents of 700 students voting with their feet.
Old 02-24-18, 03:09 PM
All American

Your welcome Woodridge.
Old 02-26-18, 11:34 AM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Your welcome Woodridge.
What does that mean?
Old 02-26-18, 12:52 PM
All American

Coventry, grinding out the OT win over Norton, last Friday. If Norton had won, They win the league title outright. But because Coventry won, Woodridge got to share the league title with Norton.
Old 02-26-18, 12:54 PM
All American

It was a weird season in the PTC. Coventry beats Norton twice. Norton beats Woodridge twice. Woodridge beats Coventry twice. Oh and Streetsboro, whom Norton and Woodridge have no problem blowing out. Somehow beats Coventry twice. Not sure what to say about that.