Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-14-18, 11:51 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
If they are or aren't, I couldn't careless. What I about is why do they have the opportunity to do so? Students should be banned from remaining games.
Better yet, why do they think they have that right? IF (key word) it is true, then they're a bunch of azzholes and a bigger embarrassment to the school than first thought.

Now, if the Admin stepped in and banned SS, I'd get it. However, it irks me that any Sr would have the gall to boycott a game like they're the victim.
Old 02-16-18, 08:44 PM
All Yappi

E down 28-13 at half. They just don't have near the talent to compete with Moe. It's gonna be a few years before they catch up.
Old 02-16-18, 08:53 PM
All Region

sideline89 is on a distinguished road
Feels like I'm watching a freshman game, no excitement from Student section. So much for a home court advantage. Hopefully next year GCL games can get back to being what they should be. Loud, exciting, and Student section involved!
Old 02-16-18, 09:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideline89 View Post
Feels like I'm watching a freshman game, no excitement from Student section. So much for a home court advantage. Hopefully next year GCL games can get back to being what they should be. Loud, exciting, and Student section involved!
Maybe the students shouldn't have acted like dip sh1ts. No sympathy from me.
Old 02-16-18, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

And they won't be any good again next year, probably worse. It's going to be at least 2 yrs before they're really competitive.
Old 02-16-18, 09:19 PM
All Yappi

50-18 after Q3. That's just pitiful.
Old 02-16-18, 09:31 PM
All Yappi

58-32 final. Moe must've let up in the 4th Qtr. Not a good effort at all by Elder, even for being outmatched.
Old 02-16-18, 10:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Maybe the students shouldn't have acted like dip sh1ts. No sympathy from me.
Yea, that's what teenagers do, but hopefully grow up to act better. But sorry, the reaction was over the top. Student section was dressed down that night during the game. It certainly didn't require a weeks worth of hand ringing. I don't know what kind of rules they were required to follow for cheering, but Hopefully next year they can get back to being a quality 6th man advantage.
Old 02-16-18, 10:22 PM
All Region

Moeller just has too much length and quickness. Elder was flat as the crowd. Freshmen and JV games were both close and hard played.
Old 02-16-18, 10:49 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea, that's what teenagers do, but hopefully grow up to act better. But sorry, the reaction was over the top. Student section was dressed down that night during the game. It certainly didn't require a weeks worth of hand ringing. I don't know what kind of rules they were required to follow for cheering, but Hopefully next year they can get back to being a quality 6th man advantage.
Dude, what happened at Elder made the national news. I think you are underplaying it quite a bit.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-18, 11:29 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Dude, what happened at Elder made the national news. I think you are underplaying it quite a bit.

"National News", You just proved my point.
Old 02-16-18, 11:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It doesn't matter if YOU think it was "over the top", it doesn't change the reality that it damaged the school's rep.

And the only way a 6th man will help next year is if they actually let Elder play with 6 guys. The Junior class has nothing but role players and the JV has 2 legit players with 2-3 decent players. The Frosh are the only class with a lot of potential.
Old 02-16-18, 11:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
There's the way things should be and the way things are. Should it have been a National story? Probably not, but that's irrelevant. The reality is the school was crushed by the media and there's no changing that. Complaining about how it's "not that big of a deal" won't undue the azz kicking Elder got by public opinion.
Old 02-16-18, 11:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Moeller just has too much length and quickness. Elder was flat as the crowd. Freshmen and JV games were both close and hard played.
JV made a great comeback, but they lost their cool at the end and the DBL techs cost them. I'm not sure what was going on in the earlier games, but both Elder and Moeller kids were too mouthy with the officials.
Old 02-16-18, 11:53 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
In frosh game #2 for moe shouldve been ejected.

jtk
()
Old 02-17-18, 12:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post

jtk
()
Both games were heated. I could be wrong, but I think each team in both games had a possession where they shot 4 FTs (deadball + Tech) and got the ball back after the FTs.
Old 02-17-18, 12:06 AM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Not sure about frosh. But there were at least 2 ts in frosh, and at least 5 in jv. All bc not stopping on whistle or saying something stupid. I thought both games were called effectively, as both games had refs who do varsity. The gcl does a disservice to kids by not using 3 refs in jv at least, if not frosh.

jtk
()
Old 02-17-18, 12:07 AM
All American

Panthers&Vols
Lots of T's and chippy play. Moe is damn good, big and long. And they seemingly never miss an open shot. At least they didnt have any dunks tonight after having about 8 first game. Cheering section sat the entire game, pretty large one but zero cheers. Moe had no students, it was as quiet a GCL game as theres ever been. You could hear JS yell GD as clear as a bell after a no call.
Old 02-17-18, 03:39 AM
All World

Quote:
You act like that just accidentally happened, as if everything was normal and someone just made up a story and sent it to a national paper. Your way of thinking, in my opinion, is what led Elder to that eventual situation. Years and years of a complete tone deafness to the outside world and only caring about or even acknowledging it's own people. And if you're an indication of the continued future of Elder, which I don't believe to be the case based on everyone else I've seen here BESIDES you, Elder will continue to have the "perception" of being non-inclusive.

Old 02-17-18, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not sure about frosh. But there were at least 2 ts in frosh, and at least 5 in jv. All bc not stopping on whistle or saying something stupid. I thought both games were called effectively, as both games had refs who do varsity. The gcl does a disservice to kids by not using 3 refs in jv at least, if not frosh.

jtk
()
I agree. I wasn't criticizing the officials in any way, only pointing out how chippy the play was in the first two games. I'm actually happy Elder stepped up to the plate and gave it right back to Moeller.
Old 02-17-18, 08:39 AM
All Region

Quote:
You act like that just accidentally happened, as if everything was normal and someone just made up a story and sent it to a national paper. Your way of thinking, in my opinion, is what led Elder to that eventual situation. Years and years of a complete tone deafness to the outside world and only caring about or even acknowledging it's own people. And if you're an indication of the continued future of Elder, which I don't believe to be the case based on everyone else I've seen here BESIDES you, Elder will continue to have the "perception" of being non-inclusive.

So is Perception more important than reality? I was at the game, and reality is that the Students were dressed down during the game and I guarantee there would have been follow up as well. This should have been handled between the two schools and those involved. End of story.
Old 02-17-18, 08:47 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
Moeller 56, Elder 32

Moeller (19-3, 6-0 GCL-South) - Hayes 3 2 8, Pfriem 5 0 11, Payton 2 1 5, Garcia 3 0 9, Davenport 4 5 13, White 1 0 2, McCracken 1 1 3, Shipp 0 2 2, Kendall 1 2 5. Totals: 25 13 58.

Elder (11-11, 1-5 GCL South) - Broxterman () 1 1, Estep 5 1 11, Harp 1 0 3, Marsh 3 0 9, Nieman 1 0 2, Beck 1 0 2, O’Brien 1 0 2, Trishler 1 0 2. Totals: 13 2 32.

Halftime: M 28-13. 3-pointers: M 5 (Garcia 3, Pfriem, Kendall), E 4 (Marsh 3, Harp)
Old 02-17-18, 08:48 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
We will really need a face lift. It seems we are way behind right now in basketball. At least in football, we are able to compete with the best teams.
Old 02-17-18, 08:54 AM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
We will really need a face lift. It seems we are way behind right now in basketball. At least in football, we are able to compete with the best teams.
Your just figuring that out now? Whats different over the last 6 years? Not a damn thing.
Old 02-17-18, 09:09 AM
All World

Quote:
So is Perception more important than reality? I was at the game, and reality is that the Students were dressed down during the game and I guarantee there would have been follow up as well. This should have been handled between the two schools and those involved. End of story.
Others perception IS your reality. If that makes zero sense to you, well, I can see why Elder is the way it is.

Old 02-17-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Others perception IS your reality. If that makes zero sense to you, well, I can see why Elder is the way it is.

He's an idiot.
Old 02-17-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHSfan02 View Post
I agree, but they just have no talent outside a few kids. I'm still on board for hiring Kerr to replace JS.
Old 02-17-18, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork View Post
Your just figuring that out now? Whats different over the last 6 years? Not a damn thing.
It would be criminal to play this half court offense when the Frosh get to Varsity. Hell, they took the foot off the gas in the 4th Qtr and blew a 19 point lead.
Old 02-19-18, 07:07 AM
All Region

Insanity5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

jtk
()
You are correct, he threw an elbow at the elder kid, and then got up and pushed the ref and told him to get out of his way.
Old 02-19-18, 04:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity5 View Post
You are correct, he threw an elbow at the elder kid, and then got up and pushed the ref and told him to get out of his way.
There's no way he said that. Maybe the ref tried to pull him out of the scrum and he shrugged him off, but if he flat out shoved and official, that's an ejection.