Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-07-17, 05:00 AM
Freshman

123baseball is on a distinguished road
PBR vs Baseball Factory

Which one is better exposure?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-17, 05:03 AM
Freshman

123baseball is on a distinguished road
At the high school level
Old 08-07-17, 11:21 AM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123baseball View Post
At the high school level
Two different types of exposure. Where are you located? What level of college do you hope to play? Baseball Factory is in Maryland is is a "National" type of exposure. Sure, if you can get in with them, it's going to be good exposure, but it's nothing like PBR. PBR hosts regional type events...but draws coaches from all over the country to their biggest events. I have been to PBR events int he past that have seen coaches from most schools east of the Mississippi River....in all the top leagues. If you're looking to play in the Midwest, PBR does a great job. If you're looking to play down south, find a travel organization that will go to the WWBA event in GA. You'll get plenty of exposure to college coaches there....especially if you're a top level player
Old 08-08-17, 11:26 AM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
PBR is very good in the State of Ohio IMO, I have seen them represented at plenty of High School games and feel they do a great job covering the players. The only thing I wish they would do is put a date next to online player measurables on the PBR site so coaches could see the difference in improvement from say from frosh year to junior year. The TPG in Cincy this year that PBR hosted had a ton of colleges and pro scouts in the stands. I also think they communicate via e-mail with players very well.
Old 08-08-17, 01:42 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballCrazy1 View Post
PBR is very good in the State of Ohio IMO, I have seen them represented at plenty of High School games and feel they do a great job covering the players. The only thing I wish they would do is put a date next to online player measurables on the PBR site so coaches could see the difference in improvement from say from frosh year to junior year. The TPG in Cincy this year that PBR hosted had a ton of colleges and pro scouts in the stands. I also think they communicate via e-mail with players very well.
If you're looking at a player's profile page, click the comments tab. You can see them without being a paid member. It will show comments from each event they attended. The highest measurables show up on the profile page, but the comments section shows you the progression from earlier events up to the most recent
Old 08-09-17, 08:00 AM
Junior Varsity

bsb1817 is on a distinguished road
Baseball factory is a money grab for 99.99% of high school athletes.

Some PBR events are good, however many that are listed as "invite only" are not. Plenty of kids at those events who aren't breaking 80 on their fastball. The Future Games, Top Prospect Games, Preseason all state event get a lot of scouts. If you are an unsigned senior, the southern ohio unsigned senior games attracts a lot of colleges as well. Other than that, most of the events are just "ID" events, however there is value to that. Even if no coaches are in attendance, if you are a kid who goes to an event and throw 85-89 on the mound, pbr will tweet it out and you will have schools calling you, regardless which event it is.
Old 08-09-17, 09:01 AM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
If you're looking at a player's profile page, click the comments tab. You can see them without being a paid member. It will show comments from each event they attended. The highest measurables show up on the profile page, but the comments section shows you the progression from earlier events up to the most recent

Great idea, Those comment sections are very good. I'm saying from a recruiting standpoint Player A shows up to a PBR event as a Frosh(because it's free) and then doesn't go to another one until he's a Junior, those really aren't true numbers and it could hurt him because it doesn't show up to date velo's etc. Kids change a ton in two years. Don't forget, prospective Travel Teams may be looking at PBR also when dad calls and says Johnny throws 90 etc lol. Good way to check a kid out b4 having kid drive 2-3 hr. I realize there is nothing better than an in person look, but just think putting a date next to those times would help everyone including the kid