Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-29-17, 01:10 PM
Freshman

MaxVelo is on a distinguished road
Maximum Velocity Fall Session Starts Sept. 5th!

The best 90 days you can invest in yourself starts Sept. 5th!
Check it out here:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Velocity Boot Camp (Final).pdf (97.5 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by MaxVelo; 07-31-17 at 12:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-17, 09:59 PM
Varsity

baseballfan2 is on a distinguished road
Weighted Baseballs

I see in your flyer you say that you do not use weighted baseballs. Can you cite the case-study you referenced that shows this data? Thanks.
Old 08-02-17, 11:42 PM
Freshman

Request for Weighted Ball Study

Baseballfan2,

I am happy to include the information on the referenced case study you are requesting. The statistics I mentioned are actually the result of 2 different studies:

The first study to look at the biomechanics of weighted ball programs has been submitted for publication by Dr. Glenn Fleisig and ASMI with their release of their case study entitled Biomechanical Analysis of Weighted-Ball Exercises for Baseball Pitchers. While I encourage everyone to read the entire study themselves to formulate their own conclusions, most will be overwhelmed by the amount of data and science-talk. So, I have included a link to a great summary of the results as they pertain to our discussion regarding risk: https://www.topvelocity.net/weighted...erious-injury/.

The second study, which is still on-going, is the first to conduct follow-up analysis of players within 12 and 24 months of completing a weighted ball program. This is where they have found the bulk of the risk associated with these programs as they uncovered the 25-30% major injury rate. I also think it is important for me to state that these findings are incredibly consistent with my results using weighted baseballs with college pitchers in the early to mid-2000ís. While nobody got hurt during the actual off-season program and a great deal of success increasing velocity, I was watching pitcher after pitcher going down with major elbow and shoulder injuries including several requiring surgery and one that ended a career. When we stepped back and looked at who was getting injured and who wasnít, all of them were within the weighted ball group. We were experiencing this with physically mature college athletes on a serious strength and conditioning program and with absolute oversight on a daily basis. A decade later, former Red Sox trainer Mike Reinold, alongside ASMI and other unbiased researchers began the study entitled The Effect of a 6-Week Weighted-Ball Throwing Program on Pitching Velocity and Arm Stress. I have included a link to an amazing interview with Mike Reinold talking about the results they have found so far in the study:
Old 08-08-17, 04:31 PM
Freshman

Ttt
Old 08-17-17, 10:11 AM
Freshman

Bump