Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-18-17, 07:02 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I can't remember when they did it in the season, but wasn't Hetzer benched for Miller in '08?
Other way around and it was only for the Aquinas game.
Old 09-18-17, 07:04 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Oh, you are right, they are the worst high school football team in the history of high school football in the entire nation (and some parts of Canada). You are so smart to figure that out. BS. You need to give it a break.
I never said they were a bad team, only that they played about as awful of a game as possible. The issue is, just playing better will only lead to closer losses. They need to be at their very best the next 4 weeks or they will lose out.
Old 09-18-17, 08:03 AM
Junior Varsity

superduper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I agree in principle, but there's nowhere else for Broxterman to play. It starts freshman year. I brought up this Frosh team before, they're stupid for playing Pullman and Wandstradt at WR when their current starting DBs are undersized and huge weakness. That's the kind of azz backwards thinking that's gotten them in this position.
Elder Freshmen football staff does not really move kids around much....they pretty much ask where they want to play and that's where they stay....it's a grind of a season that's purpose is to thin the herd of kids they get rather than develop any talent.....been that way since I played ages ago.
Old 09-18-17, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I can't remember when they did it in the season, but wasn't Hetzer benched for Miller in '08?
Hetzer was hurt to start the season which opened the door for Miller. Ramsey did play both guys against STA that year at PBS but ultimately went with Miller.
Old 09-18-17, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I don't know that Bittner gives you a huge advantage over Nieman. He does give a run option, but it's not like he's a game breaker in the backfield. He also takes a ton of hits being more of a power back than a finesse back. It also doesn't solve the big play issue in the air. The WRs really don't have consistent big play potential either.

It would be interesting to see what Bittner could do throwing it 30 times a game. I've never seen a consistent passing effort from him, so not sure how good he is throwing the ball. I'm guessing if this was his strength, he'd already be the starter.

Bittner's probably the better QB by a slim margin, but I honestly don't think it would make a significant difference.

At the end of the day, there are a bunch of "pretty good" players. The lack of game breaking speed, really on both sides of the ball, in all skill positions, is the achilles heal.
Agree with pretty much all of this. A lot of this comes down to speed. When you don't have it, you need to find ways to make sure that difference isn't exposed (bump WRs on defense, counters/reverses/screens on offense).
Old 09-18-17, 08:36 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
Elder Freshmen football staff does not really move kids around much....they pretty much ask where they want to play and that's where they stay....it's a grind of a season that's purpose is to thin the herd of kids they get rather than develop any talent.....been that way since I played ages ago.
Then they need to change things. Going undefeated as Frosh doesn't mean jack if it doesn't translate to Varsity
Old 09-18-17, 08:38 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Agree with pretty much all of this. A lot of this comes down to speed. When you don't have it, you need to find ways to make sure that difference isn't exposed (bump WRs on defense, counters/reverses/screens on offense).
Bittner is far more skilled. I'm not surprised dip sh1t Trey, in his hate for Bittner, would say that, but I thought you'd have more sense. Bittner is a much, much better runner and has a stronger arm. Nieman's shell shocked and he can't continue as the starter, not if they want any chance of making the season respectable.
Old 09-18-17, 08:40 AM
All American

trey2k is on a distinguished road
????
Old 09-18-17, 08:47 AM
All World

Hopefully, XLander80s comes back. You're a friggin scumbag with an Agenda.
Old 09-18-17, 08:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Bittner is far more skilled. I'm not surprised dip sh1t Trey, in his hate for Bittner, would say that, but I thought you'd have more sense. Bittner is a much, much better runner and has a stronger arm. Nieman's shell shocked and he can't continue as the starter, not if they want any chance of making the season respectable.
Bittner needs to get more reps at QB, maybe give him the 3rd series of the game and see how it goes. Then go with the hot hand. Though if Bittner were the better thrower, i'd have to imagine he would have been the starter from the get-go.
Old 09-18-17, 08:50 AM
All American

Yes, he's a better runner. Yes, he's got a stronger arm. But that doesn't mean he's a better QB. He might be, but I don't know that anyone has seen enough to make that determination (except the coaches, who have obviously made the determination). I would also give him more snaps there.

If it was that obvious, it would seem to be a no brainer that he starts. Maybe he lacks some of the soft QB skills like coverages, look-offs, and reads. The QB position isn't easy. It's far more than throwing the ball far...in fact, that's probably far down on the list of skills needed to be an effective QB.

As for Bittner, I've NEVER railed on the kid. I think he's a very good athlete and a very hard worker. I have railed on the system that put him on a pedestal since 5th grade. Need to stop doing that to kids.

Last edited by trey2k; 09-18-17 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-18-17, 09:31 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Bittner needs to get more reps at QB, maybe give him the 3rd series of the game and see how it goes. Then go with the hot hand. Though if Bittner were the better thrower, i'd have to imagine he would have been the starter from the get-go.
Better arm, not as accurate. However, Elder needs a big shakeup the week. For as great as Ramsey's game plan was last year, it was just as bad on Sat. It literally looked like Elder had maybe 10 plays in their entire playbook. The Draws, and Shovel passes aren't effective vs fast Defenses. I can't overstate how awful Elder was in every aspect on Sat.
Old 09-18-17, 09:44 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thanks for the corrections, ads and pboy
Old 09-18-17, 10:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Then they need to change things. Going undefeated as Frosh doesn't mean jack if it doesn't translate to Varsity
Once again...completely agree with you pboy.

Very important to develop your own kids if you're not going to go out and get them. Imperative in fact.

It also points to the fact that this weeding out process will likely miss on a few kids because they weren't big names coming in. Coach everyone with the same enthusiasm and energy as you do the starters...never know who may be a stud. Notice I didn't say play everyone...there's a difference.
Old 09-18-17, 02:59 PM
Freshman

Xlander80s is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes, he's a better runner. Yes, he's got a stronger arm. But that doesn't mean he's a better QB. He might be, but I don't know that anyone has seen enough to make that determination (except the coaches, who have obviously made the determination). I would also give him more snaps there.

If it was that obvious, it would seem to be a no brainer that he starts. Maybe he lacks some of the soft QB skills like coverages, look-offs, and reads. The QB position isn't easy. It's far more than throwing the ball far...in fact, that's probably far down on the list of skills needed to be an effective QB.

As for Bittner, I've NEVER railed on the kid. I think he's a very good athlete and a very hard worker. I have railed on the system that put him on a pedestal since 5th grade. Need to stop doing that to kids.

"He's simply an example that proves my point.

6th Grade - Bittner is the man. I'm sure I can find 800 of your (and others) posts that say the same thing as he's coming up the ranks. You probably said we're going to win state that year. He dominates grade school in every sport. Completely dominates....he's also a westside redshirt and hasn't really grown much since. He's 1-1.5 years older than most of his competition, and was an early bloomer. He's already older, and he's huge comparatively. He dominates. Eyes wide open people say "wow, this kid is going to win everything at Elder. Can you believe he much better he is than everyone else." Going against pre-pubescent competition, well, that's what happens.

It wasn't just him...it was their whole class.

Fast forward to high school...leads the freshman team to a 10-0 record, mostly because that age difference still plays...but the gap is closing.

Sophomore year...he's the shoe in for starting QB as a sophomore. Many, including you pboy, say he should be starting. He gets in a game, and all of a sudden, he's not Superman anymore. And everyone wonders why?

The Savior that was going to lead us to the promised land can't even beat out an average QB, by Elder standards. pboy is butthurt, his parents are major butthurt...we can't let this happen. Let's make him the wildcat back even though the kid standing right next to him (Massminster) is faster and just as strong and physical.

Remember this story in 2 years when the next annointed west redhsirt doesn't lead Elder to the promised land.

And to be clear...this has nothing to do with the kid. I think he's a good player, and likely a good kid. The system did this."

-Dr. Defecator

I call Bill-poop on your closing statement from that post. You obviously were taking a shot at Bittner and the rest of the kids in that class for being "westside redshirts" and sarcastically labeled a high school kid a "Savior" and "Superman". Then you blast his parents about potentially being majorly butthurt? You are so transparent. You just can't help it. Jealous beestard.
Old 09-18-17, 03:13 PM
All American

Um..doesn't that reinforce exactly what I said? It's got nothing to do with the kids...it's the status adults put on them before they even get there. Blame them and the system, where it belongs.

Sounds like you're the one with the agenda. It was an example...insert any other kid that was crowned as the next Kyle Rudolph. I only provided that example after everyone telling me to provide an example. And then I do that, and I'm told I'm calling out a kid. Typical.

For the record, I didn't bring this back up and I'm not going there.

Last edited by trey2k; 09-18-17 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-18-17, 03:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlander80s View Post
"He's simply an example that proves my point.

6th Grade - Bittner is the man. I'm sure I can find 800 of your (and others) posts that say the same thing as he's coming up the ranks. You probably said we're going to win state that year. He dominates grade school in every sport. Completely dominates....he's also a westside redshirt and hasn't really grown much since. He's 1-1.5 years older than most of his competition, and was an early bloomer. He's already older, and he's huge comparatively. He dominates. Eyes wide open people say "wow, this kid is going to win everything at Elder. Can you believe he much better he is than everyone else." Going against pre-pubescent competition, well, that's what happens.

It wasn't just him...it was their whole class.

Fast forward to high school...leads the freshman team to a 10-0 record, mostly because that age difference still plays...but the gap is closing.

Sophomore year...he's the shoe in for starting QB as a sophomore. Many, including you pboy, say he should be starting. He gets in a game, and all of a sudden, he's not Superman anymore. And everyone wonders why?

The Savior that was going to lead us to the promised land can't even beat out an average QB, by Elder standards. pboy is butthurt, his parents are major butthurt...we can't let this happen. Let's make him the wildcat back even though the kid standing right next to him (Massminster) is faster and just as strong and physical.

Remember this story in 2 years when the next annointed west redhsirt doesn't lead Elder to the promised land.

And to be clear...this has nothing to do with the kid. I think he's a good player, and likely a good kid. The system did this."

-Dr. Defecator

I call Bill-poop on your closing statement from that post. You obviously were taking a shot at Bittner and the rest of the kids in that class for being "westside redshirts" and sarcastically labeled a high school kid a "Savior" and "Superman". Then you blast his parents about potentially being majorly butthurt? You are so transparent. You just can't help it. Jealous beestard.
I love you Xlander. Please stay.
Old 09-18-17, 04:40 PM
Freshman

Xlander80s is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Um..doesn't that reinforce exactly what I said? It's got nothing to do with the kids...it's the status adults put on them before they even get there. Blame them and the system, where it belongs.

Sounds like you're the one with the agenda. It was an example...insert any other kid that was crowned as the next Kyle Rudolph. I only provided that example after everyone telling me to provide an example. And then I do that, and I'm told I'm calling out a kid. Typical.

For the record, I didn't bring this back up and I'm not going there.
What's that river that runs through Egypt? Is it D-Nile? You are familiar with the big D aren't you? You ARE IN DENIAL. You're agenda is clear. You are not happy that other parents either started their kids late or held their kids back. It's a personal decision. Get over it. So your kid is very young for his grade. It was your decision to start him when you did. Maybe he would compete if he where older for his grade, maybe he wouldn't. Who gives a Schmidt? Guess you'll never know. He will probably thrive academically and do great in life as long as he doesn't take after you.

And by the way, who are the adults you're referring to? The parents, guardians or the evil coaches at the youth level? You know, the ones that volunteer and don't make Jack Schmidt for coaching your kid. It sounds to me like you need to run for the grade school athletic board presidency and fix the broken system President Poop. Please elaborate oh Poopy One.
Old 09-18-17, 04:49 PM
All American

Whatever you say. Just like pboy, you got me all figured out. Sour grapes and jealousy for my little Johnny. Good for you.

I do find some humor in the poop angle however. I'm especially fond of the creative proper names. Nice work.

Last edited by trey2k; 09-18-17 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-18-17, 04:49 PM
All World

Xlander is my hero.
Old 09-18-17, 04:50 PM
All American

I'm happy you found a friend...xlander is thrilled, I'm sure. Good company.