Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-20-19, 08:42 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Crazy to think that I watched him come off the bench for Moeller two years ago in the state tournament and he just went in the top-10 of the draft.

Goes to show the overwhelming power of genetics. That 5-6 inch late high school growth spurt was probably the difference between being a D2/D3 college athlete and being a millionaire.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-19, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Mich St. and Purdue the only final 8 teams not yet represented in the draft. Not sure that says anything but I'll make something up.
Old 06-20-19, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
He also got next year's protected 1st from the Cavs (which Atlanta had acquired for Korver)
What's the protection? Lottery?
Old 06-20-19, 09:39 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
What's the protection? Lottery?
Top 10 protected next year.

If it doesn’t convey next season (if the Cavs are in top 10 of draft), then it becomes two second round picks.

Let us pray the Cavs get a top 10 pick, else they’ll have no pick at all.

If Love is healthy all year I think they’ll be right on the fringe between 8 and 10 in the East. Could come down to ping pong balls
Old 06-20-19, 09:47 PM
All Yappi

I'm fairly confident they'll find a way to tank into the top-10 next year.

If they can't, it means Sexton, Garland, etc. are ahead of the curve.

Old 06-20-19, 10:26 PM
All Yappi

Like what the Celtics have managed to do so far tonight, especially their last two picks with Grant Williams and Carsen Edwards. I have a lot of confidence they are both solid or better rotational players. Romeo Langford has a ways to go, but has good potential.

Old 06-21-19, 05:22 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Like what the Celtics have managed to do so far tonight, especially their last two picks with Grant Williams and Carsen Edwards. I have a lot of confidence they are both solid or better rotational players. Romeo Langford has a ways to go, but has good potential.

Bill Simmons is displeased with the Celtics
Old 06-21-19, 07:13 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Good value for the Heat getting Bol Bol at 44. I don't think he'll be a superstar but I think he can be a good glue guy.
Pelicans hit the jackpot, IMO. As nw mentioned I think Hayes is a great compliment to Zion and I think he'll grow exponentially over the next couple years, absolutely kills me Mick didn't even offer him at UC. I don't know a lot about NAW but seems like a solid all around game for a SG albeit maybe not an elite outside shot.
I really hope things work out for the Grizzlies with Ja and Bazley. I can't help but have a soft spot for that franchise. Don't know much about Clarke. They seem to have a glut at the forward positions though. Parsons, Anderson, Miles, Crowder, Brooks and Bazley at SF. I'm sure some can play PF but you also have JJJ, Rabb and Clarke. My guess is they aren't done making moves, it'll be interesting to see who they move.
Interesting that Atlanta took 2 SFs, I get taking a gamble on Reddish's talent I just wouldn't have gambled at 10.
Love the Cavs draft, especially if Porter Jr works out.
Wizards, Hornets are forever doomed for average at best.
Like the Trailblazers taking a gamble on Little, despite him showing little at UNC.
Old 06-21-19, 08:29 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Mich St. and Purdue the only final 8 teams not yet represented in the draft. Not sure that says anything but I'll make something up.
Mich St. / Purdue don't generally have a lot of "NBA" guys. If they do, they tend to be "value" guys who are drafted lower or end up being signed as free agents. Both programs tend to recruit not blue chippers and by the time they are juniors seniors, they are solid players. Draymond, Gary Harris, Forbes, etc.
Old 06-21-19, 08:32 AM
All World

The NBA draft has, much like the league, turned into stories about individuals that anything else. You wonder if there will be time when the leagues don't put the draft on TV. Can't imagine there was a very big ratings number last night. Most can follow the draft on their phones. Also, so many of these guys drafted early are not known products. The draft is based on future ceiling of the players, not their current talent level.
Old 06-21-19, 11:28 AM
All World

The NBA is turning into a big adult AAU league where players just move from team to team.