Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-06-18, 08:31 AM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Andre Gordon is back at Sidney High School!

Not sure of all the specifics but as of this morning he is enrolled back at SHS and should be eligible for the entire basketball season!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-18, 08:52 AM
All Region

NewJacketCity is on a distinguished road
So happy for Dre, the Sidney basketball program, and the Sidney community! He's a great kid who the young kids look up too. I'm glad he'll be finishing his HS career as a Sidney Yellow Jacket. I'm also glad we decided to renew our reserve basketball seats. lol
Old 11-06-18, 08:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJacketCity View Post
So happy for Dre, the Sidney basketball program, and the Sidney community! He's a great kid who the young kids look up too. I'm glad he'll be finishing his HS career as a Sidney Yellow Jacket. I'm also glad we decided to renew our reserve basketball seats. lol
LOL! I'll bet you are!
Old 11-06-18, 08:57 AM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
i had a feeling it wouldn’t work out there. It’s hard going from everyone looking at you and saying how great you are to going to a place where everyone is equally good or Better.
Old 11-06-18, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
i had a feeling it wouldn’t work out there. It’s hard going from everyone looking at you and saying how great you are to going to a place where everyone is equally good or Better.
He's already committed to VT. So there's really no need for that 'exposure' anymore.
Old 11-06-18, 09:16 AM
Varsity

Chisel is on a distinguished road
Only if he would’ve come back for football season. They could’ve done some nice things this year
Old 11-06-18, 09:30 AM
All Region

I'm happy for the everyone involved, but I will say this. I don't know what Dre's long term goals and priorities are, but HP would have done him infinitely more to prepare him for the life of a high level D1 athlete in respects to the level of competition, travel, schooling, & like was alluded to before people telling him what he needs to hear not necessarily what he wants to hear. I'm assuming that Dre checked with VT before making this move if that's really where he wants to go, because that does change the dynamic somewhat of what they're getting. He hasn't signed to this point so VT could decide to go in a different direction if they wanted too. So what I'm getting at is that HP was an amazing opportunity for him to further himself as a basketball player and student, and as much as it will be fun having him back for his senior year, I just hope he doesn't have any regrets in the long run for this decision.
Old 11-06-18, 10:06 AM
All Region

strickly_layups is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm happy for the everyone involved, but I will say this. I don't know what Dre's long term goals and priorities are, but HP would have done him infinitely more to prepare him for the life of a high level D1 athlete in respects to the level of competition, travel, schooling, & like was alluded to before people telling him what he needs to hear not necessarily what he wants to hear. I'm assuming that Dre checked with VT before making this move if that's really where he wants to go, because that does change the dynamic somewhat of what they're getting. He hasn't signed to this point so VT could decide to go in a different direction if they wanted too. So what I'm getting at is that HP was an amazing opportunity for him to further himself as a basketball player and student, and as much as it will be fun having him back for his senior year, I just hope he doesn't have any regrets in the long run for this decision.
Could not have said it better myself... Good luck to Dre and his teammates
Old 11-06-18, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Home is where the heart is. Glad to see him back. I love watching him play.
Old 11-06-18, 10:21 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Home is where the heart is. Glad to see him back. I love watching him play.
For sure. I hope people don't mistake my comment for criticism as that it was not. I just want him to be able to go forward without regrets. Obviously I love watching him play and am happy for Sidney he came back.
Old 11-06-18, 10:58 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Good to see him come back to Ohio. I hope more learn that the grass isn't necessarily greener at one of these academies.
Old 11-06-18, 11:14 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Huntington Prep might not even field a team.
Old 11-06-18, 11:16 AM
All Ohio

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
He's already committed to VT. So there's really no need for that 'exposure' anymore.
When a kid makes this kind of move, regardless if for the exposure or the raised level of competition, and fails to complete the season it can be a sign of things to come.
Old 11-06-18, 11:33 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit454 View Post
When a kid makes this kind of move, regardless if for the exposure or the raised level of competition, and fails to complete the season it can be a sign of things to come.
My understanding is that Andre missed home. By all accounts he was going to see significant playing time and be one of the big contributors on a team with national level talent at HP this season. So this wasn't a case of a kid who's a start in a small pond going to a large lake and not being able to hang. The kid missed being at home and I'm never going to kill a kid for that.
Old 11-06-18, 11:42 AM
All Region

radiodaveagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Comment from Snodgrass on eligibility

Sidney Basketball Star Leaves Prep School, Returns Home...Eligibility?
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2...me-eligibility
Old 11-06-18, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My understanding is that Andre missed home. By all accounts he was going to see significant playing time and be one of the big contributors on a team with national level talent at HP this season. So this wasn't a case of a kid who's a start in a small pond going to a large lake and not being able to hang. The kid missed being at home and I'm never going to kill a kid for that.
Hard to live in Sidney and attend Virginia Tech.
Old 11-06-18, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
Spoke to Huntington Prep HC Arkell Bruce today. Was told that in their scrimmages so far that Dre had started at guard and played around 80% of the minutes. Was expected to continue playing at that rate heading into season.

Whatever happened here it was not playing time related, nor was it a matter of Dre not being able to hang.
Old 11-06-18, 02:07 PM
All Ohio

Would the transfer of Micah Potter have ANYTHING to do with this? Opens up a scholarship for the Buckeyes. Only saying this because of the timing. And not sure why coming back to Sidney would be a part of that.
Old 11-06-18, 02:17 PM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Jeepers Creepers! This is some big news! Now there's a contender to take on CJ Napier for Mr. Basketball. Should be a close race now
Old 11-06-18, 02:53 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
Would the transfer of Micah Potter have ANYTHING to do with this? Opens up a scholarship for the Buckeyes. Only saying this because of the timing. And not sure why coming back to Sidney would be a part of that.
Nothing to do with. OSU already has the 2nd rated PG and 24th ranked player overall in the country coming in with the 2019 class already in DJ Carton. My guess is Scoonie Penn's kid Dominiq (2020) who's also a point guard is all but a lock to OSU as well. (Dad played at OSU there and is on the current staff). I gave up hope of Andre going to OSU a while ago. It just doesn't appear to be in the cards. If something happens with VaTech my guess would be either Dayton or Xavier.

Last edited by NewJacketCity; 11-06-18 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-06-18, 08:00 PM
All Region

uselessknowledge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
Not sure of all the specifics but as of this morning he is enrolled back at SHS and should be eligible for the entire basketball season!
So Mr. Deam, who let you know this morning.
Old 11-06-18, 08:51 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
It was posted online in the Sidney Daily News shortly after 8:00 AM by Bryant Billing (Sports Editor)who talked to the AD Hoying last night. I knew about this last night and was asked not to repoert it! He talked to Gordon by phone early Tuesday.
Old 11-06-18, 08:57 PM
All Region

uselessknowledge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
It was posted online in the Sidney Daily News shortly after 8:00 AM by Bryant Billing (Sports Editor)who talked to the AD Hoying last night. I knew about this last night and was asked not to repoert it! He talked to Gordon by phone early Tuesday.

With as many people knew, I'm surprised it stayed on the DL as long as it did