Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-01-18, 05:21 AM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout99 View Post
yes on that.

Its filled. The guy is asking people to be assistants. Next board meeting announced.
This is like pulling teeth, who is the guy? When is the next bored (spelling intentional) meeting?
Old 04-01-18, 05:41 AM
Varsity

Lex Luger is an unknown quantity at this point
Who got the job? If he is asking for assistants it should be out in community.
Old 04-01-18, 11:16 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadOmbre View Post
Speak up already! However, if that is the case they've gone with someone on the inside or very local or who has close ties to BOE or administration. This certainly would rule out anyone on the outside. Certainly happy that I did not encourage anyone I know from jumping into this. Ladies and Gents, they had to have had their minds made up before Tom got the pink slip. Something is very fishy if this is true.
If what Knockout and Cover 1 are reporting is true than I think you are right, OneBadOmbre.
Lesiecki was fired on March 12 and 2 weeks later it's reported that the job is filled and he's already putting his staff together.
That would seem to point to the fact that this new coach was the guy picked by the Lynch Mob and presented to the Bored Of Education before the old coach was fired.
Old 04-01-18, 11:47 AM
Freshman

Grapevine is on a distinguished road
If it really is John McClusky, It Will just prove Claymont is a full blown circus
Old 04-01-18, 03:04 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Super Principal AD

what could they really do

if super recommended to rehire old coach and the BOE goes 3-2 against then bam

the administration has to put another candidate out there. I reported no posting for the position has appeared on the OHSAA job openings that anyone can see or the district employment link on their home page.

I would imagine Claymont BOE will meet first monday of the new month like most BOE acrossed the state, if at that BOE meeting a new coach is hired then we will all know that the fix was in.
Old 04-01-18, 04:04 PM
All Ohio

The fix was in at the start of last season, sitting in the stands I could hear people talking about getting certain people elected to the BOE who they knew would vote to fire the coach. Three new board members this year and 2 of them voted to fire the coach.
Old 04-01-18, 05:06 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Claymont doesnt deserve a coach like leisecki, what do deserve are junior high and midget league coaches and mommies running your team
Old 04-01-18, 06:41 PM
All Region

styx is on a distinguished road
Any truth to the Claymont admin pressuring Coach Lesiecki to move into the district? And he did. And now this happens after an 8-2 season to hire a middle school coach? Seriously awful and that place deserves this mess. Idiot adults ruining things for the kids of that district.
Old 04-01-18, 06:49 PM
All Region

Professional looking guy in the hoodie...
Old 04-01-18, 07:35 PM
All District

ViolentPacifist76 is on a distinguished road
Wow! Things must be extremely bleak if Claymont can only go 2-8 or 3-7 in the IVC over the next couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-18, 09:02 PM
All District

ViolentPacifist76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
Then you r blind!!!!! Or just stupid??? 19 seniors?

I'm gonna say you're not the sharpest tool in the shed. Either you didn't comprehend my statement or you're just looking to argue in general. Do I need to spell it out for you? It makes no difference to me one way or another as to what that train wreck called Claymont football does for a coach. I only hope they can get it together for the sake of the kids that want to represent the Mustangs. I was only stating that things must be a complete mess if Claymont can't post at least a .500 record in the IVC. They should be able to do no worse than 5-5 any given season in that league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-18, 07:30 AM
Junior Varsity

922funkroll is on a distinguished road
I wish the community and parents would just relax and support whoever the next coach is? We can’t be split. The new coach will need support if this change is ever gonna come. Don’t know who it will be but hopefully it will get turned around for the future. Good luck to the next head coach.
Old 04-02-18, 08:54 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
The change already came and your moron school board fired him. I doubt anybody with any proffessional sense would go near this job for the next 5 years. It makes you feel bad for the kids.
Old 04-02-18, 10:16 AM
Junior Varsity

OneBadOmbre is on a distinguished road
Coaches do research before they go for a job. If I Google Claymont football and I see a lot of turnover at Head Coach that's a HUGE red flag. Then seeing comments on forums about the BOE and the community... it's not good at all. Again, no one outside is going to come near this job, unless they have someone on the inside making them promises or know about the community and take a "buyer beware" attitude towards the job. This is probably why it is considered a stepping stone to bigger things. Then again in this day and age the average coach stays at a job an average of three seasons and then moves on - winning and losing don't matter in this day and age. Once a coach is in, he is in... unless you really mess things up for yourself.
Claymont has not made an announcement... I hope that this job gets posted for the sake of the kids and the reputation of the community and the district.
Old 04-02-18, 10:31 AM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
I reported no posting for the position has appeared on ... the district employment link on their home page.
The position WAS posted on the district's website, the week before last (along with just about every other Claymont coaching position). It was posted for about a week. I saw it myself. Then, last week, those postings were removed. Now, there is just a "Family Advocate" position posted on the district's website.
Old 04-02-18, 10:54 AM
Junior Varsity

That is true, but what I have been saying, as well as many others is that the job was never posted outside the district. That's a problem, because of issues of credibility in some ways. You have fired a head coach and now you are going to replace him with an insider? And you never opened yourself up to the options of a good coach having interest in the job? It is just not a good look. And more than likely, the norm is to post all supplemental and then give 5-10 business days for insiders to apply. Those will be named and approved at the next BOE with most being renewals.
Old 04-02-18, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
That is true, but what I have been saying, as well as many others is that the job was never posted outside the district. That's a problem, because of issues of credibility in some ways. You have fired a head coach and now you are going to replace him with an insider? And you never opened yourself up to the options of a good coach having interest in the job? It is just not a good look. And more than likely, the norm is to post all supplemental and then give 5-10 business days for insiders to apply. Those will be named and approved at the next BOE with most being renewals.
I agree.

On Mar. 12th, Claymont BOE votes Leisecki out. Mar. 19th - 23rd, the district posts HC position (along with all supplemental positions) only on the district's website. Then, Mar. 29th, knockout99 states that the position is filled and assistants are already being chosen.

Likely, the new HC will be announced, at the next scheduled BOE meeting, on Apr. 9th.
Old 04-02-18, 11:35 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
My bad - I have looked at district website

I did see all the massive listings and must have missed the football spot.
They did not post it on the OHSAA site - not required but often schools casting a wider search than their own halls usually post there. I have been watching the school site, did see numerous postings but nothing stood out - most coaches get a one year contract and renewals for all coaches happen in large clusters.
Old 04-02-18, 11:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
Any truth to the Claymont admin pressuring Coach Lesiecki to move into the district? And he did. And now this happens after an 8-2 season to hire a middle school coach? Seriously awful and that place deserves this mess. Idiot adults ruining things for the kids of that district.
I don't know about the Claymont Admin putting pressure on him to move into the district, but I do know that it was one of the complaints the Lynch Mob used against the coach during the 2016 season. He moved into the district before last season, I saw pictures of the football team helping him move.
Old 04-02-18, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 922funkroll View Post
I wish the community and parents would just relax and support whoever the next coach is? We canít be split. The new coach will need support if this change is ever gonna come. Donít know who it will be but hopefully it will get turned around for the future. Good luck to the next head coach.
I'll buy my tickets and sit in the stands every game and support the team and whoever the next coach is, just like always.
If I were the new coach I wouldn't count on the support of the Lynch Mob for long. Sure, they conspired to get him the job and they support him for now, but once the loses start piling up they will turn on him in a heartbeat.
Old 04-02-18, 12:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

Professional looking guy in the hoodie...
That's not a school board, you can't fool me. I can see strings attached to 3 of them, they are puppets of the Lynch Mob. Hired henchmen who carried out their assignment.
Well, they got what they wanted and now they are the laughing stock of T-County.
I wonder how many years they set the program back this time.
Old 04-02-18, 12:25 PM
All Region

Got some info yesterday at Easter on this mess and it fired me up. I'm not in the community and I don't know how much it matters but the whole thing is an AWFUL look from the outside.

Another question on this whole situation from an outsider. What successful football programs were the decision makers or the people who were pushing for Coach Leisecki to be let go a part of? I'm guessing not one of them knows anything about it...

My no vote guesses: Hoodie voted no for sure (He's got that professional I know what a successful football program is vibe). Probably the lady too (she looks like she knows football to). No Vote 3 is a mystery. Someone tell me how close I am.
Old 04-02-18, 12:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
My no vote guesses: Hoodie voted no for sure (He's got that professional I know what a successful football program is vibe). Probably the lady too (she looks like she knows football to). No Vote 3 is a mystery.
Probably Mustache ... seems he wanted to stand next to Hoodie.
Old 04-02-18, 01:06 PM
All Ohio

These are the 3 who voted to fire the coach (from the TR)
Austin Beckley (The old guy)
Michelle Sproul (The only woman in the pic)
Sky Abbuhl (Not sure which one he is)
Old 04-02-18, 02:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
Sky Abbuhl (Not sure which one he is)
I think he's Hoodie, and I think he coaches the Team 922 wrestlers.
Old 04-03-18, 06:25 AM
Junior Varsity

IVbraves is on a distinguished road
Just sitting over here in Gnaden enjoying the show...
Old 04-04-18, 10:06 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
It's April 4th and Claymont still does not have a football coach.

I'm sure the off season lifting is going smoothly and has 100% attendance during this time.....
Old 04-05-18, 12:23 PM
Junior Varsity

It is way too quiet... but still no name? Wow, I'm impressed! Amazing that this can still be a well kept secret in this day and age.
Old 04-05-18, 12:45 PM
All American

Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Be the guy from TCC or the DC Bob Manchester
Old 04-05-18, 12:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
It is way too quiet... but still no name? Wow, I'm impressed! Amazing that this can still be a well kept secret in this day and age.
On March 27 on this thread, Cover 1 said it was Jon McCluskey, who was the Asst. 7th grade coach last season. No reason to doubt him. No secret, the BOE will probably announce it next Monday.