Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-29-18, 07:27 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Northwest Ohio

I spend a lot of time in "MAC Country" (Coldwater, Versailles, Minster, St Henry, etc) and Fort Loramie. Always looking for recommendations on places to eat or go for a beer. Thought I would see if anyone has any hidden gems out in that part of the state.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-18, 07:53 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
I spend a lot of time in "MAC Country" (Coldwater, Versailles, Minster, St Henry, etc) and Fort Loramie. Always looking for recommendations on places to eat or go for a beer. Thought I would see if anyone has any hidden gems out in that part of the state.
C-Town wings in Celina. THey have the absolute BEST burgers I have every had with their wood fire grill. Totally amazing.
Their steaks are fantastic as well as their boneless chunks...gotta get the sweet heat.

In Coldwater, McSobers has great wings with an amazing in house bleu cheese recipe.

Local micro breweries.....Coldawter has Tailspin founded by a local retired air force couple and in Maria Stein you have MOeller Brew Barn.

Pizza, and I just had somet yesterday for the first time in a very long time, Celina WIne Store. A--mazing.

Heading to Minster you have to stop by The Dutch Mill and get their wings...ask for them sloppy. They have won the MAC wingfest too many times to remember.

Versailles has an uppity place that is expensive but good with the Inn at Versailles but a good bar locally with good wings is something like SIdetracks or something like that.

LOramie area...stop by the Keyhole PIzza and next door at Skudzi's (assuming that is still a place?)
Old 10-29-18, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
best thread ever
Old 10-29-18, 12:43 PM
All Region

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
C-Town wings in Celina. THey have the absolute BEST burgers I have every had with their wood fire grill. Totally amazing.
Their steaks are fantastic as well as their boneless chunks...gotta get the sweet heat.

In Coldwater, McSobers has great wings with an amazing in house bleu cheese recipe.

Local micro breweries.....Coldawter has Tailspin founded by a local retired air force couple and in Maria Stein you have MOeller Brew Barn.

Pizza, and I just had somet yesterday for the first time in a very long time, Celina WIne Store. A--mazing.

Heading to Minster you have to stop by The Dutch Mill and get their wings...ask for them sloppy. They have won the MAC wingfest too many times to remember.

Versailles has an uppity place that is expensive but good with the Inn at Versailles but a good bar locally with good wings is something like SIdetracks or something like that.

LOramie area...stop by the Keyhole PIzza and next door at Skudzi's (assuming that is still a place?)
Even in Loramie I hear about how good McSobers is. Next time I'm at Tailspin I'll have to go there for food. I really enjoy talking to the owners of Tailspin. Very nice people.

I heard Dutch Mill didn't have food for awhile. Do they now?

Used to enjoy Versailles for Best Bite.

Loramie's Keyhole is great. Love the pizza. Bruckens is my spot there.

Thanks for all the recommendations
Old 10-29-18, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Even in Loramie I hear about how good McSobers is. Next time I'm at Tailspin I'll have to go there for food. I really enjoy talking to the owners of Tailspin. Very nice people.

I heard Dutch Mill didn't have food for awhile. Do they now?

Used to enjoy Versailles for Best Bite.

Loramie's Keyhole is great. Love the pizza. Bruckens is my spot there.

Thanks for all the recommendations
Assumed Dutch Mill still had food. They have won the MAC Wingfest many times. Speaking of..usually the Saturday of Easter weekend there is a MAC WIngfest in New Bremen at the Legion on 66.

Many places around the MAC set up shop there and you buy wing tickets, in the past its equaled to 50 cents per wing, and you can go to any and all the booths and vote.

They have a peoples choice, the expert panel choice and such as well. Good times had by all.

Dutch mill has won it more than any.

McSobers has great wings most of the time and amazing bleu cheese sauce with it! If you haven't tried CTown wings you should. When I worked in the area and outsiders would ask the best place to eat in the county I would always tell them about CTown.

That wood fire grill for burgers......wow. Plain...Wow! One of the FEW places that the boneless is as good, or better, than the wings themselves. Get the boneless sweet heat and you wont be disappointed.
Old 10-31-18, 07:11 AM
All Region

Thanks for the ideas. Got a few places I'm going to be making trips to now.
Old 10-31-18, 07:58 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Can we talk about eating in the real NWOhio?
Old 10-31-18, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Can we talk about eating in the real NWOhio?

Does Antwerp still have that A&W stand? That's a fairly real NW Ohio.
Old 11-01-18, 12:38 AM
All World

Never been. Not NWOhio to me. This thread should have read North Central West Ohio.

I'm just looking for new good eats is all. Something say from Lima North to the MI border and covered E/W from Sandusky to Napoleon...maybe Defiance but it had better be really good.
Old 11-01-18, 06:22 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Never been. Not NWOhio to me. This thread should have read North Central West Ohio.
I'm originally from the general area, and consider it West Central Ohio.

To the OP, if you want to splurge a little, 17 West in New Bremen is outstanding. A bit expensive by area standards, but well worth it IMO.

Have to give a shout out to the Inn Between, between Anna and Botkins. Was a semi-dive bar that us 60-somethings packed to the rafters on weekends back when we were 20-somethings. Now a pretty nice family restaurant with really good food.
Old 11-01-18, 09:46 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post

To the OP, if you want to splurge a little, 17 West in New Bremen is outstanding. A bit expensive by area standards, but well worth it IMO.

Have to give a shout out to the Inn Between, between Anna and Botkins. Was a semi-dive bar that us 60-somethings packed to the rafters on weekends back when we were 20-somethings. Now a pretty nice family restaurant with really good food.
I've heard about 17 West. That's on my list of places to try. Been to Inn Between before, I'm a fan of that place. Really unique setup from what I remember.

Dating someone from Fort Loramie, it's a little hard to try and convince them to go a couple miles north to Minster for the Dirty Dutch.
Old 11-01-18, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I'm just looking for new good eats is all. Something say from Lima North to the MI border and covered E/W from Sandusky to Napoleon...maybe Defiance but it had better be really good.

How is Antwerp not "NWOHIO?" I like that family restaurant in downtown Napoleon but then my knowledge that way suffers. I'd think that big in-door farm near Delta would do to open a restaurant. Be kind of an attraction.

You know anything over that way, easy reach of rt24?

Port Clinton I'm told is full of places but I've not been. PC has one of those pay what you want, is supposed to be good. ANyone been? I can get good fish at any number of houses, don't need a restaurant for that.
Old 11-01-18, 11:30 AM
All World

Yeah nothing beats my deep fryer for perch. Although Jolly Roger in PC and Oregon Inn have good perch as well.

Stopped off at Waldo Peppers in PC. Pretty good stuff. There is a pizza joint right in downtown Marblehead that was really good. You can get a monster burger at the Limestone if you can find it (Rocky Ridge). What about Ole Zims? Anyone ever been?

I rarely venture West. I have driven by that barn but never went in? Any good? I'd imagine good breakfast but who does not have good breakfast? Tough to F breakfast and pizza up.

I'd like to know where the honey holes are in places like Tiffin and Findlay? What is the diner in downtown Findlay that fills up late night?
Old 11-01-18, 11:34 AM
All World

Maybe we could do a GoFundMe for eastisbest to travel the state and do our own yappi version of Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives?

The older I get the more I find myself tuning out of sports and tuning into food/cooking shows.
Old 11-01-18, 12:32 PM
All Yappi

Penguin Point still open in Van Wert?!?!?
Old 11-01-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Inn between is solid.

Heidout in Jackson Center has a good garbage burger and then you can tour Airstream (whom by the way...are expanding big time).

Lima has a few Kewpee restaurants. Rumor is they will make your heart go flippity flop.
Old 11-01-18, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I always liked the Wooden Shoe.
Old 11-01-18, 02:21 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I always liked the Wooden Shoe.
Hadn't been there for ages until a couple of years ago. Had their famous fried chicken. Cooked properly but very bland.
Old 11-02-18, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hadn't been there for ages until a couple of years ago. Had their famous fried chicken. Cooked properly but very bland.
Been there 3 times over the years and it disappointed each time.

Walk across the street to Buds and order a pizza instead.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: