Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-19-18, 05:59 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
My guess is Pittsburgh
Not that far fetched. I've seen several publications that had Pittsburgh in the top five in October and at least one that had them the 1st choice. CMU and Pitt are big draws with a lot of high tech grads and techie companies already in place. I'm not sure if the population is large enough to satisfy the workforce Amazon is looking for and the transportation system is also a drawback I would think.
Old 11-06-18, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
So it appears that Amazon is going to split this HQ2 thing and go with areas just outside two millennial destinations on the east coast: Long Island City in Queens NYC and Crystal City just over the Potomac from DC. A lot of chatter that these were selected so that they could get the talent to move to these locations; that basically meant that all those mid sized cities like Austin, Columbus, Raleigh, etc... never really stood a chance. There are reports that realtors have already adjusted prices up this morning on residential property in Crystal City making it even more crazy expensive to live in the DC area. Jeff Bezos really could have put a jolt into some local economy and take ownership of a city yet he cops out and heads in this direction.
Old 11-06-18, 09:43 AM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Thank God they are not coming to Austin. I went up there a few weeks ago, the traffic is horrible, adding Amazon would have made it much worse.
Old 11-06-18, 10:20 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Skin were you at ACL Fest?
Old 11-06-18, 11:21 AM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
No, I don't go up there during the big events, way to hard to get in and out of the city. once they fix 35 I may venture up more, but right now I really try hard to avoid Austin.
Old 11-06-18, 12:08 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
35 is a freaking a mess.

I was wondering if you were up there for that because I had heard a few stories about how bad traffic was backed up. It is already pretty bad on a daily basis.

Cincinnati traffic looks like a well designed system compared to other cities.
Old 11-06-18, 12:18 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Regardless of what city or cities Amazon eventually chooses, the company was freely given a treasure trove of data about almost everyone of America's biggest cities.

https://twitter.com/stacyfmitchell/s...27164441440256

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...197282424.html
Quote:
Amazon.com this month narrowed down 238 applicants for its second headquarters to 20 cities, but experts say it got something even from the losing bidders: A rich trove of information that can benefit the company for years to come.

The Seattle-based retailing giant can now use that data when figuring out how to improve its supply chain, such as by building new distribution centers or adding fleets of planes or tractor-trailers, experts say. Amazon also gained detailed information on potential sites for new facilities and an in-depth understanding of how much taxpayer money cities and states are willing to offer – potentially an immense advantage in future negotiations.

And in addition to the huge load of data Amazon received virtually free of charge, the company also generated a frenzy of coverage in newspapers and TV stations across the U.S. for months leading up to its shortlist announcement.
Old 11-08-18, 07:37 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
So it appears that Amazon is going to split this HQ2 thing and go with areas just outside two millennial destinations on the east coast: Long Island City in Queens NYC and Crystal City just over the Potomac from DC. A lot of chatter that these were selected so that they could get the talent to move to these locations; that basically meant that all those mid sized cities like Austin, Columbus, Raleigh, etc... never really stood a chance. There are reports that realtors have already adjusted prices up this morning on residential property in Crystal City making it even more crazy expensive to live in the DC area. Jeff Bezos really could have put a jolt into some local economy and take ownership of a city yet he cops out and heads in this direction.
This is where I live. I'd prefer it go elsewhere.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: