Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-04-18, 10:11 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Wow, they just announced Ricks story will continue in separate made for AMC movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-18, 10:37 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
So Judith is a natural badarse? I'd expect nothing less from Shane's offspring.

Negan is a broken mule? No way. He'd a knocked Maggie out and crushed her skull. At least the show dynamic will alter with Rick gone. Less moral dilemmas would be nice.
Old 11-04-18, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Except for lying about what was going to happen to Rick I really liked tonight's episode - a lot.

IMO it was the best episode of the last couple of years. The pacing and focus on Rick was good and the supernatural or delusional touch that followed Rick as he lured the herd to the bridge was compelling. I liked the cameos of past characters a lot and thought they were effective. I have to admit that all in all it was an emotional send off.

It's also fair to give a shout out to the special effects team who conjured up a couple of amazing visual sequences that were about the best I've seen on TWD. In fact they approached the realism & grandeur of some of the better GOT scenes.

I'm a little less thrilled at the bait & switch at the end and it looks like there's another time jump about to take place. But the coming attractions did look interesting and the time jump will avoid us watching the main characters moan & groan about "losing" Rick. I mean Judith looks like she's channeling that little kid from Kick A##.
Old 11-04-18, 10:43 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Officially they are calling it a six year time jump, making Judith 10. The same age as Carl when the show started.

Old 11-04-18, 10:47 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
I just did not like the open ended send off for Rick. I mean, we cant get some closure for Rick Grimes?
Old 11-04-18, 11:21 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
The show runner let something slip in an EW interview regarding A vs B

I do know a bit about what that mythology is. I cant really talk about it, but there is a very interesting story about these people who clearly have certain resources. Theyre flying around helicopters in a time when theres a lot of scarcity of other things. They deal in human trafficking. They have a code for people that they take in, As or Bs. It seems that the people who are marked As, such as Gabriel and Rick, are supposed to get some sort of a zombie bite applied to them perhaps.

Though Jadis called Rick a B.

Old 11-04-18, 11:46 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
Wow, they just announced Ricks story will continue in separate made for AMC movies.
I assumed that he was not going to die on this last episode. Kind of thought he would just drift away for one of those Rick "reasons." Liked this ending better.

Also, did they make it sound like the Dead are evolving? Thought during the preview where they were covering themselves in mud the Dead were saying "where are they?" They also alluded to it with the have you ever seen them do that before...no.

I'm kind of excited for the show again. It has been dragging and the character development had plateaued. Making Judith 10 and bringing in some new actors will help out.

For those that watch "The 100", that's at least the 3rd actor/actress from the show to make an appearance in the Walking Dead universe.
Old 11-05-18, 07:12 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I assumed that he was not going to die on this last episode. Kind of thought he would just drift away for one of those Rick "reasons." Liked this ending better.

Also, did they make it sound like the Dead are evolving? Thought during the preview where they were covering themselves in mud the Dead were saying "where are they?" They also alluded to it with the have you ever seen them do that before...no.

I'm kind of excited for the show again. It has been dragging and the character development had plateaued. Making Judith 10 and bringing in some new actors will help out.

For those that watch "The 100", that's at least the 3rd actor/actress from the show to make an appearance in the Walking Dead universe.

Yes in the preview they say the Dead are evolving.

Old 11-05-18, 08:00 AM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
So Judith is a natural badarse? I'd expect nothing less from Shane's offspring.

Negan is a broken mule? No way. He'd a knocked Maggie out and crushed her skull. At least the show dynamic will alter with Rick gone. Less moral dilemmas would be nice.

Daryl had Judith pegged at birth. "little asskicker"
Old 11-05-18, 08:04 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post

Yep one the new adults was Luna on The 100.

The girl playing 10 year old Judith was Young Rey in The Force Awakens
Old 11-05-18, 09:24 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22 View Post
Daryl had Judith pegged at birth. "little asskicker"
Good point.

I agree with lotr10 and yappi. Last night's episode was not bad. Mainly because it moved somewhere. And I am actually a tad bit excited to see where they go. Still lots of good characters.

Dead evolving? All of a sudden? 10 years after the fact? I'll roll with it.

They will have Rick Grimes movies now from what I understood right? To continue his story? This is what they should have done long ago. Made several spin-offs and told several stories separately.
Old 11-05-18, 09:28 AM
All Yappi

If they are evolving, that certainly supports Herschel's theory that maybe they are just sick and may also be what the people in the helicopter are possibly doing experiments on. But I'm going with them not evolving. It's the newest enemy.
Old 11-05-18, 12:20 PM
All World

reporter07
I don't think they're evolving. I think the Whisperers are showing up and confusing the current characters.
Old 11-05-18, 02:34 PM
All World

The one scene shows a "herd" walking in circles? Whisperers do that? I only ask because I know NOTHING about the comics which is what I prefer. The more this show stays away from Kirkman's fantasies the better.
Old 11-05-18, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

I'll tell you if you want to know, otherwise, don't read. Spoilers contained in this post.

The Whisperers are a group of primitive people that live off the lay of the land. They cut the skin off of dead walkers and sew it together and wear it on their face and body. This allows them to walk among the dead and as long as they "whisper" and aren't too loud, they aren't discovered. By walking with them, they are able to steer large herds. They are a large group themselves and the herds they control number in the thousands.

They are first introduced when a group of survivors find a herd and some are killed by walkers using knives. It looks like the show might follow that same path when Darryl and I think Rosita cover themselves in mud and hide as they walk by whispering, "where are they?". This was shown in the trailer and also in the preview of the next 3 episodes shown last night.

The whisperers are also responsible for one of the two most shocking moments in the comic to date (the other being Negan playing baseball with Glenn's head), something that was foreshadowed last year and I think we see it come to life on the big screen this year, likely in 9B.
Old 11-05-18, 04:29 PM
All World

Interesting. Thanks.
Old 11-12-18, 11:45 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
So what did you guys think of the last episode?

Personally, I like some of the ideas that they are starting to explore. But I'm still frustrated by the apparent lack of ingenuity by these people. With this group leading the way into the future, it looks like they will be getting stuck in the 1880s.
Old 11-13-18, 07:53 AM
All American

Loved the scene with Judith and Negan. Girl has some serious sass.
Old 11-13-18, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

This was the first episode in a good while that I thoroughly enjoyed, except when Henry went running off on his own to save the woman. I like the new group of characters. Excited to see The Whisperers. And what is the X scar on Michonne's back? I wonder if something had gone bad with a group of people before or if it's the result of an attack of the savior group that Carol cooked. Could be why she's so hardened and not willing to take in new people.
Old 11-13-18, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
First time in a long time that I liked pretty much everything about an episode. Definitely a step up from what we've seen recently.

* Carol is one nasty women.

* Like Bob22 posted the Negan/Judith scenes were quite good and more importantly fun. The banter between the 2 was clever and entertaining.

* The kid running off wasn't bad IMO because they had set him up as an idealistic teenager. So his actions matched his personality.

* On the other hand how many times does a main character hurt their leg slowing them down as a bunch of walkers close in?

* I'll reserve judgement on the "whisperers" though it was creepy.
Old 11-13-18, 11:18 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
This was the first episode in a good while that I thoroughly enjoyed, except when Henry went running off on his own to save the woman. I like the new group of characters. Excited to see The Whisperers. And what is the X scar on Michonne's back? I wonder if something had gone bad with a group of people before or if it's the result of an attack of the savior group that Carol cooked. Could be why she's so hardened and not willing to take in new people.
I am intrigued by the scar too. I also expected her to turn around revealing a C-sectionish scar.

I'm excited about the whisperers too and wondering if they intro them with the "spikes" scene.
Old 11-13-18, 11:19 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
* Carol is one nasty women.
Carol's retribution is always a welcome storyline. That scene was very cool.
Old 11-13-18, 04:48 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I very much liked this episode. It was smart, witty and interesting. Also, Rosita's boobs looked larger than usual when she smeared herself with mud. I can't help it, I have always had kinda a crush on her.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: