Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 01:25 PM
Freshman

91raider97bobcat is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down RIP Jamboree in the Hills

They are saying officially on "hiatus" for 2019

I hate to say it, but something like this has been coming for a while now...

http://www.jamboreeinthehills.com/splash2019
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-18, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91raider97bobcat View Post
They are saying officially on "hiatus" for 2019

I hate to say it, but something like this has been coming for a while now...

http://www.jamboreeinthehills.com/splash2019
Why do you feel this was coming for awhile?

Attendance?

In west central ohio we have country concert at hocking hills that is similar to this I believe and it was an absolute blast. I know some other festivals are changing a few things but CC was still allowing people to bring in their own drinks and food and unlimited coming and going throughout the days of the festival.
Old 11-07-18, 02:09 PM
Freshman

91raider97bobcat is on a distinguished road
As someone who went there for 20 years, it wasn't hard to tell. I haven't went for the past few, but kept following and have met tons of people there.

A couple of years ago, Live Nation tried to re-brand it as Jambo Country...met with a ton of backlash.

But it goes back way further. The lineups in the past few years have went downhill in my opinion. It used to be that just about every act there you had at least heard of, and it was a nice mix of up-and-comers and stars. In the past few years, there were still the "closers", but the earlier acts were folks that most people hadn't really heard of too much.

Attendance has been down. LN wants to sell their own alcohol on site, but I don't think they want to spend the $$ to meet all the requirements to get a liquor license.

A lot of the locals that live near there used to let folks use fields to camp in the weekend before the campground officially opened. LN saw that as another source of $$ and then opened one of their campgrounds early for "pre-camping" and took all that money out of the locals hands.

I could probably go on for a while, but that's just a couple of observations...
Old 11-07-18, 02:22 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Get too big? Number fest in Athens they say it's the last year because too big
Old 11-07-18, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91raider97bobcat View Post
As someone who went there for 20 years, it wasn't hard to tell. I haven't went for the past few, but kept following and have met tons of people there.

A couple of years ago, Live Nation tried to re-brand it as Jambo Country...met with a ton of backlash.

But it goes back way further. The lineups in the past few years have went downhill in my opinion. It used to be that just about every act there you had at least heard of, and it was a nice mix of up-and-comers and stars. In the past few years, there were still the "closers", but the earlier acts were folks that most people hadn't really heard of too much.

Attendance has been down. LN wants to sell their own alcohol on site, but I don't think they want to spend the $$ to meet all the requirements to get a liquor license.

A lot of the locals that live near there used to let folks use fields to camp in the weekend before the campground officially opened. LN saw that as another source of $$ and then opened one of their campgrounds early for "pre-camping" and took all that money out of the locals hands.

I could probably go on for a while, but that's just a couple of observations...
People say some of the same stuff about the local country concert that the acts aren't all the great but the price for the good ones keep going up and up! Many locals do let people camp but many I think camp on the grounds, but years ago the campground purchased some of the area farmland for tent camping.

Luckily , no one like LN has taken over nor will I think it will happen. it is a family owned venture and they sell alcohol and it isn't for much really, but you generally bring in your own.

Looked at the acts and they didn't seem bad at the one that is closing but I could s

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: