Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-21-17, 10:12 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 10: Louisville Leopards (4-5, 4-2) at Canton South Wildcats (6-3, 3-3)

Week 10 and both teams are out of the running to win the conference. Nothing to play for right? Wrong!

South currently sits at #7 in DIV, Region 13 and a win over the Leps could really help their playoff chances.

Although they can't make the playoffs, Louisville has not had a losing season since 1989 and make no doubt about it we are playing to keep that streak going.

Additionally this is their last game in the NBC and is the 75th and most likely the last battle in this rivalry that dates back to 1939 when Canton South was known as "Canton Township" and the Leopards were the "Blue Raiders".

Fantastic 50 has Louisville by 2. Thoughts?

JV Result (Week 3)

Louisville 42, Canton South 8

Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights and Recap

All-Time Series

Louisville Leopards Vs. Canton South Wildcats All-Time Football Series

Past Highlights

1964 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

1971 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

1989 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

1992 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

1993 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

1994 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

1999 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

2002 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2005 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

2006 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2011 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2012 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2013 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2014 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2015 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Video Highlights & Recap

2016 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

JV

2011 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2013 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2014 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

2015 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

Freshman

2012 Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats 2012 JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

2015 Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights & Recap

Last edited by LeopardNation; 10-21-17 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-17, 02:21 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
I have a question for the Leps fans, did Louisville play with possibly more intensity against Marlington than maybe the rest of there schedule? Am I wrong to think that if they played with that intensity all season they surly would be well over 500. As far as this weeks game both teams are coming of very disappointing efforts. I think which ever staff can convince them to play for pride pulls this off. Reading other posts the Lep fans are suicidal and have the grave dug for the program. Well folk's your having a very bad season, get over it. I cant speak for all the classes but your Sophmore class is very talented and I think your future is bright. So instead of blaming everyone and the kitchen sink let it go and get through week 10 and patiently wait for next year. Good luck to both teams Friday.
Old 10-22-17, 10:38 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
I have a question for the Leps fans, did Louisville play with possibly more intensity against Marlington than maybe the rest of there schedule? Am I wrong to think that if they played with that intensity all season they surly would be well over 500. As far as this weeks game both teams are coming of very disappointing efforts. I think which ever staff can convince them to play for pride pulls this off. Reading other posts the Lep fans are suicidal and have the grave dug for the program. Well folk's your having a very bad season, get over it. I cant speak for all the classes but your Sophmore class is very talented and I think your future is bright. So instead of blaming everyone and the kitchen sink let it go and get through week 10 and patiently wait for next year. Good luck to both teams Friday.

Possibly, but they were also more healthy during that game than any other NBC game which I think was the biggest factor. I felt like the West Branch game we came to play with a lot of intensity as well.

I think Canton South is playing for more than pride, they have a legit shot at the playoffs with a win. Louisville has gone 27 straight seasons without a losing mark. It is the longest such streak for any DIII, Region 9 team and I am trying to confirm if this is the longest current streak in DIII/entire state. So far the furthest back I've found in DIII is Glenville 1997 (5-6).
Old 10-23-17, 02:50 PM
All Region

Mr. Wildcat_09 is on a distinguished road
It's sad to see this series come to an end on Friday. It seems like yesterday when an Elmer Scheutz-led Wildcats team upset Louisville in 1999 on a last minute field goal by Andy Bourquin. That was the last home win for South over the Leps. We got em at their place in 2006 and 2012.

Not many wins over the Leps throughout the years, but anyone who played for South knows how much this game means to us.
Old 10-27-17, 12:00 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
If Louisville shows up to play I believe they would have the edge on this one. It would be a huge win for South's program- not so much for the playoff birth but for the fact they could finish 7-3.. This is probably a bigger game for South than it is for Louisville but I still bet the edge to Louisville in a close one 27-21
Old 10-27-17, 03:50 PM
All World

If you cannot make the game, I will have live updates at this link:

Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Football 2017 Live Updates
Old 10-27-17, 09:44 PM
All World

Louisville 36, Canton South 20

Louisville Leopards at Canton South Wildcats Football Video Highlights & Recap