Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-18, 09:32 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
D1 Region 2 Semi-Final - Dublin Coffman (10-1) vs. Toledo Whitmer (9-2)

Game will be Friday at Marion Harding at 7PM.

Coffman handled Westerville Central and Whitmer snuck by Orange.

I saw some film of Coffman and believe Whitmer will need all the help they can get. Lot's of firepower and weapons on the Shamrock squad.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-18, 10:14 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Coffman is a small favorite ? Not anything significant . Whitmer QB looks as polished as most College QBs to me . Pretty big arm , very good footwork and throwing mechanics and moves well in the pocket . You got that type of QB talent you have a shot . I have seen more last years footage of Whitmer and I think some of their weapons for Keller aren’t there this year?

How good is Whitmer defense ? Can they stop the run ? Coffman is better than Orange so they step up in comp this week . Without Harrison Orange struggled beating a one win team ( Kilbourne) by one point in a game they were outplayed in . Lost to a decent Wattetson team and got their ears boxed in by PN.

They improved and Harrison came back strong so a great bounce back mid season effort and almost won vs. three seed?

Coffman mission is simple to me . Try to limit the great HS QB”s time , get in his face Nd hit him and cover their guys taking away throwing lanes.

Run the ball like they are capable of with a good O-line and grind out a win . Keep it a grinder and the chances of victory go way up. Trading scores vs. this kid doesn’t work well .
Old 11-05-18, 10:23 AM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Good luck to the Whitmer Panthers!
Old 11-05-18, 02:11 PM
All Region

CCHS93 is on a distinguished road
As I said last week, Whitmer has a chance any week because of Keller. But the weapons around him aren't as good as in years past (like Jody Webb a few years back). OLine is ginormous. DLine is pretty good (1 Alabama commit I think). LB's are good. Whitmer's losses are to two really teams. They beat the teams they should have beaten. My heart says Whitmer, being a Toledo guy and knowing the QB's family, but my head says Coffman. I just know that the OCC is loaded with kids and talent and, many times, money. Coffman did well in a tough conference. It will be a tough one for Whitmer.
Old 11-05-18, 02:38 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
For those of you coming to Marion looking to grab a bite to eat before the game.
As you exit Route 23 to the west on route 95, you'll find Bob Evans and Steve's Dakota grill on the south side of the highway with Red Lobster and Applebee's on the north side. There is also Buffalo Wild Wings, Popeyes, Panera, Starbucks, Burger King, Denny's, KFC and McDonalds plus others I can't think of between the 23 exit and Greenwood where you would turn to head to the stadium. Oh yes, I'll be coming into town for this game. I'll be up at the south end of the home stands inhaling that fabulous smoking aroma of the brat stand down below. Also, Harry your team better be as good as you have touted them to be. I'll keep an eye out for you, you'll be wearing a nice red MAGA cap correct?
Old 11-05-18, 04:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
Harry your team better be as good as you have touted them to be. I'll keep an eye out for you, you'll be wearing a nice red MAGA cap correct?
Pure Gold.

Sounds like we should all skip the chains and head to the stadium for a brat?
Old 11-05-18, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Pure Gold.

Sounds like we should all skip the chains and head to the stadium for a brat?

That was my thought but wait until 7 to eat? If I'd found even a remotely interesting place to eat in Marion I'd consider the drive. Whitmer is going to get crushed but I figure I could score some marketable car parts from the Coffman crowd so if there was something interesting to eat.... But Columbus and anywhere near seems to define "bland." Or the secrets are kept.

No chains. No sports bars.
Old 11-05-18, 05:26 PM
All World

What are you talking about ? Where am I touting them or over touting them? I give opinions, don't overly praise them at all or trash their opponents.
Old 11-05-18, 05:30 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
That was my thought but wait until 7 to eat? If I'd found even a remotely interesting place to eat in Marion I'd consider the drive. Whitmer is going to get crushed but I figure I could score some marketable car parts from the Coffman crowd so if there was something interesting to eat.... But Columbus and anywhere near seems to define "bland." Or the secrets are kept.

No chains. No sports bars.

Marion isn't Columbus by the way and it certainly isn't Dublin and this area where there are dozens of great spots to eat that are not chains . Again not sure what some of these guys are talking about here . Whitmer get crushed? Who said anything like that? Pasteur has Coffman a whopping 4 pt. favorite ? Keller may be the best QB in the state so again what are you guys talking about ?
Old 11-05-18, 05:37 PM
All World

eastisbest is always on the lookout for good hubcaps. Have you ever seen Audi rims on a Dodge Neon? If so you found him or several other East Siders.

And I agree, the chains get old. You could change the menus with one another at a few of the aforementioned places and never know the difference. And the flair? So much flair
. Too much flare gets you punched where I am from.

We prefer food cooked in the back by an old Polish woman with a cigarette hanging from her mouth. Comfort, pure comfort.
Old 11-05-18, 05:51 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
1) Marion isn't Columbus by the way and

2) it certainly isn't Dublin and

3) this area where there are dozens of great spots to eat that are not chains . Again not sure what some of these guys are talking about here .

4) Whitmer get crushed? Who said anything like that?
1) We know.
2) We REALLY know.
3) Names or they don't exist.
4) I did.
Old 11-05-18, 05:56 PM
All World

You think an area with great hupcabs like this doesn't have dozens of excellent eateries where people with a bit of dough can spend their money?

Ok you win there aren't any .
Old 11-05-18, 06:13 PM
All Yappi

Names or they don't exist soon to be hubcapless guy.
Old 11-05-18, 06:37 PM
All World

Google best Dublin restaurants, I've bene to them all , if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them d-bag .
Old 11-05-18, 06:55 PM
All Yappi

Dublin? The game is in Marion lost boy. I did go to a game in Dublin once. Where was that I ate?.... could have used your advice that day. Got what I got.
Old 11-05-18, 07:02 PM
All World

Yes I know ,Columbus in general was mocked as a bland food bastion . I was sticking up . Marion? You are right they donít exist . As for the game I see a really tight one
Old 11-05-18, 08:26 PM
All World

I was laughing at the MAGA hat comment because I know hell would freeze over before Harry would don one.

Watching highlights of Mike Drennan has me spooked. A.J Kirk is Mike Doss relation? One of the best defensive HS players I've ever seen. The McKinley 97' squad was fun to watch. QB looks big on film? 6'3 ish? 220? Any looks?
Old 11-05-18, 11:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Google best Dublin restaurants, I've bene to them all , if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them d-bag .
Some interesting looking places there. Returning from West Berlin after 12 years to Mayberry, Ohio was a dining shock. Wife and I don't go out to eat often, but three or four times a year when we hit Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or other hot spots for games of chance, we usually go over board and drop from $150 to $300 for lunch and on up to as much as $450 one time for dinner. We just look at it as our just rewards for 70plus years on earth.
Old 11-06-18, 08:49 AM
All Ohio

Boy, looking back at some of our meal costs over the past three years of travels I was surprised to discover we never spent less than $134 on a meal. Damn, the kids inheritance never tasted so good.
Old 11-06-18, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

Well, we're really way off track but what the heck. I don't think I've ever in my life spent your minumum, for even two. Punched a $100 a few times and that was only because of wine and beer.

IB probably spends that much on onion rings and potatoes. He got four big union fed cheeks to fill. I will tell you this about Whitmer fans, if there's any buffets in Marion, don't be at the end of the line on Friday.
Old 11-06-18, 03:58 PM
All Ohio

^^^
Got the wine bit. We came to really enjoy wine while in Europe for so long, couldn't trust the water, so yes that does add to the tally.
Old 11-09-18, 09:34 AM
All Ohio

With a bit of snow on the ground here this morning I'm thinking this might be a full Carhartt night. For certain longjohns and rain pants plus Carhartt coat. Guess I'll need a stocking cap as well. Toledo fans coming to the game, the visitor stands are rather exposed. If windy be sure to dress warmly. Be prepared for the fireworks that go off behind you as well.
Thinking more about the fireworks, they may not have them since Harding isn't playing.

Last edited by USA70PP; 11-09-18 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-09-18, 10:58 AM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's go Panthers
Old 11-09-18, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

Nice sideline interviews of Whitmer NFLers. Trouble stopping the run but nice special teams play has them in it.

Tricky play with a back-up QB? Doesn't seem wise.
Old 11-09-18, 08:47 PM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Pretty incredible difference between Columbus and Toledo football these days, TCC not withstanding.

Liberty starting to play their best ball now it would seem, Coffman/Liberty gonna be a good game next week.
Old 11-09-18, 09:01 PM
All Yappi

I think there's almost always been a big difference between Columbus and Toledo football. We're a small fraction the size, without even close the economics. Whitmer hanging in decently without their QB.

Last edited by eastisbest; 11-09-18 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-09-18, 10:08 PM
All Ohio

Closer game than the score indicates. Two botched punt attempts and fumbles on the first play of the first two series' of the 2nd half did Whitmer in.
Old 11-09-18, 10:33 PM
All World

I thought Coffman should have been up more at the end of the first half but yes the game was not as much a blowout as the score . Controlled the play , moved the ball well, gave up the long pass on 3rd and 22 almost had the QB sacked his heave bounced off Coffman kid and off the Whitmer kid who grabbed it . Lucky play especially on 3rd and 22 . Kick off return was weird muffed which threw off the timing of the kick coverage and the kid takes it 100 yards?

Whitmer defense did a great job after the two botched punt snaps only giving up three points with Coffman getting two short fields . Coffman was able to run the ball pretty easily in the first half and when they had to in the second half.

Keller injury was unfortunate as he got hit pretty good while throwing , a clean play but you could tell he was hurt right away. I was watching the ball squirt towards the end zone but saw him not really moving or getting up.

Game changed right there and was over basically at the start of the third quarter with the miscues on the snap and the pitch on the reverse.

Game would have been much closer if Keller was in there , but I felt that Whitmer was somewhat fortunate to be only down two at the point Keller got hurt and 9 at the half . Whitmer had 84 yards at the half and that large chunk was on the deflected pass for the TD .

Myers was good and ran hard and well and I think Coffman let down a bit , but i was impressed with Whitmer defense who never gave up and started doing better against the run . Unfortunately they gave up a few longer pass plays after getting the third and longs.

Better team won , but Whitmer didn't play clean at all which hurt and Keller going out sealed it. Liberty upset Reynoldsburg who has the most talent in the region but was missing one stud i heard who didn't play at all and got shut out partly due to many turnovers . R-Burg getting shut out by Liberty was shocking . Liberty you Whitmer fans know was good last year , this year they were up and down and lost to the Orange team you beat last week scoring only 3 points. I think they punted 10 times vs Reynoldsburg but Burg couldn't score.

I hope Keller is OK and comes back strong next year along with the Whitmer team, I thought you showed a lot of heart throughout despite facing a lot of adversity.
Old 11-10-18, 05:06 AM
All Ohio

Harry, I watched for you to come down to the brat stand, but I must have missed you. You did wear your nice red MAGA cap didn't you?
Old 11-10-18, 05:13 AM
All Yappi

The RBurg shut-out was surprising but as I posted early, this region was open to 7 of the 8 teams so I'll push if for Dublin, they have a jaq and a ferrari dealership I think, in district. The Liberty people, they were nice too though. Our local teams played them in play-offs back when they were in their first years of existence.

Well, good luck and health to everyone. Home travels back were safe.