Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-29-16, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
I should have typed "Ride the lightning". I had no idea you'd be that literal if I was literal on "sunshine"

Not copying that over to this page.....
Old 11-29-16, 02:51 PM
All Ohio

JoshuaRanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Thought I'd give you a laugh, Katrina and the Waves.
Old 11-29-16, 03:22 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Wow, an opinion here too. With a "cool" emoji.
Lol! You make my day, my big hairy humpers back moronic friend! Gotta say, you certainly when the "Butt hurt of the melinia" award!
Old 11-29-16, 05:48 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
^- I got you all day. Predictable and stupid. You have not said one thing worth a nickel since you've been here but keep trying.
Old 11-29-16, 06:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Eventually, I think we'll be able to figure out how to transport our bodies at light speed safely. However, before that happens, I think it will be easier to figure out how to transport a representation of our mind on a laser beam to a destination.

Ultimately, if we ever want to travel long distances through space, it will have to be our consciousness that is transferred and not our bodies, IMO
Old news. Been going on for millennia, according to some....

http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Astral-Projection

If you get adept you can eat some peyote like Don Juan and get after it with the Ancient Aliens angry-hair guy http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci..._donjuan13.htm
Old 11-29-16, 08:17 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
220 B.C. "No army can cross the Alps" -EP
218 B.C. -Hannibal crosses the Alps
Old 11-29-16, 08:18 PM
All Yappi

"Steph Curry is greatest player ever. No NBA team has ever blown a 3-1 lead." -EP
Old 11-29-16, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
"Steph Curry is greatest player ever. No NBA team has ever blown a 3-1 lead." -EP

Is there any doubt that this^ is funny ? Lots Of Love
Old 11-29-16, 08:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaRanch View Post
Thought I'd give you a laugh, Katrina and the Waves.
I feel the love, that's really real! I snickered inwardly.
Old 11-29-16, 08:51 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Nokia stock.
Old 11-30-16, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
The Cassini space probe is continuing its epic exploration of the gas giants and their moons as it approaches Saturn's rings:

http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...128-story.html

Soon these probes will be followed by humans as the gas giants and their moons may prove to be the most accommodating place to live in the Solar outside of the Earth. There is ample water on the moons and evidence of temperate temperatures within the outer layers of the gas giants atmospheres. It is expected we'll find all sorts of exotic chemicals in the gas giants atmosphere and on their moons. On top of that scientists speculate that if we find life in the solar system outside of earth it will be here.

As a reminder, it would be a Mars colony that would be in the best position to launch a major colonization effort of the outer planets.
Old 11-30-16, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
......As a reminder, it would be a Mars colony that would be in the best position to launch a major colonization effort of the outer planets.
Why is that^ ?

I can see it as good practice, but why would that be preferable to a launch from here, or from perfectly positioned space station(s) in zero gravity ?
Old 11-30-16, 12:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Nokia stock.
Easy money.

Interesting you mention phones...

What were your feelings on telecoms prior to the telegraph being invented?

Had humans ever sent electronic signals over long-distances like that? Progression of mass-communication and mass-adaptation of smartphones in past 20 years is most obvious sign of rapid technological advancement in last decade.

10 years ago, how many iPhones were out there? Mobile phones yes, but smartphones have completely changed everything. Massive leaps in technology that change the fabrics of society have become more and more common the last couple centuries at an exponential rate. It's really incredible.
Old 11-30-16, 12:11 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Easy money.

Had humans ever sent electronic signals over long-distances like that? Progression of mass-communication and mass-adaptation of smartphones in past 20 years is most obvious sign of rapid technological advancement in last decade.

10 years ago, how many iPhones were out there? Mobile phones yes, but smartphones have completely changed everything. Massive leaps in technology that change the fabrics of society have become more and more common the last couple centuries at an exponential rate. It's really incredible.
For those on the other side of your investment!

Are you suggesting the proliferation of smart phones makes teleporting across the solar system in 100 years more likely? Okay.
Old 11-30-16, 01:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

Are you suggesting the proliferation of smart phones makes teleporting across the solar system in 100 years more likely? Okay.
And you still haven't explained why you think certain things won't occur 100 years from now other than just saying so. The "I'd tell you so, but....." excuse. Got all of these great articles and explanations from the worlds best scientists and posters giving logical explanations about the reality of advancements in technology and your response is "It's not going to happen". Explain to everyone WHY you believe its not going to happen. But you won't because you can't. Just say that, I made an illogical self believed comment. OR, Write something, defending your comments of why it won't happen. Something original, objective, substantive. Add objective, substantive sources. But don't keep coming back with the "its not going to happen because I say so".
Old 11-30-16, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Easy money.

Moore's Law.
Old 11-30-16, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And you still haven't explained why you think certain things won't occur 100 years from now other than just saying so. The "I'd tell you so, but....." excuse. Got all of these great articles and explanations from the worlds best scientists and posters giving logical explanations about the reality of advancements in technology and your response is "It's not going to happen". Explain to everyone WHY you believe its not going to happen. But you won't because you can't. Just say that, I made an illogical self believed comment. OR, Write something, defending your comments of why it won't happen. Something original, objective, substantive. Add objective, substantive sources. But don't keep coming back with the "its not going to happen because I say so".
Actually I explained it several times.
Old 11-30-16, 04:16 PM
All Ohio

EP page 1

Trump will make it happen, don't worry.
I hope something better than Tang comes out of lotr's Mars boondoggle.
Old 11-30-16, 04:19 PM
All Ohio

EP page 2

this thread

I'm not completely against it, but I just find it funny that the people who are anti-climate change and suggest it's a boondoggle and we have so much time before any real problems occur are sounding the alarm for planetary exploration and colonization because an asteroids "certain" to come and I guess there's no better way to spend a gazillion dollars.

Btw, I'm fully expecting a 4-5 paragraph rebuttal from lotr, but I'm hoping for 6+.

This made me laugh.

Can we put you down for $3m?
Old 11-30-16, 04:23 PM
All Ohio

EP page 3

a lot of people. I'd gladly pony up to give my parents or any other family member a better quality of life if terminally ill. Sounds like you wouldn't? Seems cold.

I'd be willing to bet catastrophic climate change occurs before an asteroid wipes out humanity.

Nah, it'd be a winner and you know it.

Does lotr really think Trump is going to fund Mars colonization? Hilarious.

It's all good. Ranch hand says we'll be able to get to Mars in seconds with the new tubes being built in 100 yrs.

Does anyone remember how much the republiclones flipped out when I said driverless cars would be commonplace in 10-20 years?

Great post.
Old 11-30-16, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

Ranch hand doesn't know how to use the quote function.
Old 11-30-16, 04:26 PM
All Ohio

EP page 4

at weirdo and ranch hand.

Not sure what you're blathering about or why it would preclude me from laughing at both of you. Why don't you post about it some more?

Well, in 100 years we'll all know he is wrong.

I didn't assume that.

I haven't ruled it out. No worries.
Old 11-30-16, 04:29 PM
All Ohio

EP page 5

It won't happen. Definitely not in 100 yrs. You have about 5 jock straps on your face now. Maybe you think they are skull caps. lol.

Lol. I know. I don't need you to confirm, but thanks.

He's citing kaku, who has said Star Trek like transporting may be possible in decades. It won't be.

They've never transported a single molecule, much less living matter. Even Kaku admits it may not be possible. He's a futurist, his job is to facilitate discussion.

No, I don't think it's remotely possible within 100 years because they haven't teleported anything, much less a living organism. And they don't know if transporting a living organism is even possible.

Man had demonstrated the flight of many things by 1870.
Old 11-30-16, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

EP page 6

Nokia stock.

For those on the other side of your investment!

Ranch hand doesn't know how to use the quote function.
Old 11-30-16, 04:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Bottom line, 6 pages pf nothingness, you added nothing to the conversation, you just butted in and said nothing. You explained nothing.

63000 posts about nothing.
Old 11-30-16, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Bottom line, 6 pages pf nothingness, you added nothing to the conversation, you just butted in and said nothing. You explained nothing.

63000 posts about nothing.
That's untrue, I did explain why I thought it wasn't possible. You even cut and pasted it. It's not my fault you made a dumb comment and failed to back it up.
Old 11-30-16, 04:47 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
That's untrue, I did explain why I thought it wasn't possible. You even cut and pasted it. It's not my fault you made a dumb comment and failed to back it up.
Oh yeah, you did, you nailed it man! You're the Albert Einstein of Yappi, congrats! I'm going to send your posts to Kaku and Farle, I'm sure they'd want to, of course with your permission, publish them on their websites!
Old 11-30-16, 04:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oh yeah, you did, you nailed it man! You're the Albert Einstein of Yappi, congrats! I'm going to send your posts to Kaku and Farle, I'm sure they'd want to, of course with your permission, publish them on their websites!
Well now you just sound like a hysterical little girl. You asked me to explain why I thought it would t happen in 100 yrs, if ever, and I explained it. Now you're throwing an embarrassing hissy fit. Get yourself together man.
Old 11-30-16, 05:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Well now you just sound like a hysterical little girl. You asked me to explain why I thought it would t happen in 100 yrs, if ever, and I explained it. Now you're throwing an embarrassing hissy fit. Get yourself together man.
As I've explained to you, as I just did explain to you in this thread with your own posts, you're just dumb and for some reason, arrogance, ignorance, lack of intelligence, all 3, you just refuse to accept it. You wrote nothing, you explained nothing. The fact that you're arguing with me that you actually think and believe you wrote something substantive or objective or original just confirms and affirms why you're dumb. I'm not going to explain it to you, again, the why. You don't want to accept it. As I've stated, you can't fix dumb. It can't be done.
Old 11-30-16, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
As I've explained to you, as I just did explain to you in this thread with your own posts, you're just dumb and for some reason, arrogance, ignorance, lack of intelligence, all 3, you just refuse to accept it. You wrote nothing, you explained nothing. The fact that you're arguing with me that you actually think and believe you wrote something substantive or objective or original just confirms and affirms why you're dumb. I'm not going to explain it to you, again, the why. You don't want to accept it. As I've stated, you can't fix dumb. It can't be done.
Of course I did explain it and you haven't addressed it, which is no surprise. Thanks for responding with more blubber, that's always useful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: