Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-11-18, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
Hypothetically speaking, what happens if footage comes out later (cell phone video from the stands or something) showing that the player in question actually was involved? How bad do things get then?
Based upon these threads? Grown men will get woodies, probably salivate and scream the injustice that these kids and coaches weren't put in jail over this.

In ANY measure, this was a minor infraction if it was an infraction and only made worse by communications that could have been better. It's one of those things hopefully learned from, the system improves and everyone moves on. Maybe one or two will even grow up. The proposed penalty was obviously ridiculous.
Old 03-11-18, 10:48 AM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
If you play an ineligible player in a varsity game, you forfeit the game. That standard has been around forever. Then, as leaders in Educational programs, you don't lie about it. Amazing.
Old 03-11-18, 12:10 PM
All World

Vox Crusada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Based upon these threads? Grown men will get woodies, probably salivate and scream the injustice that these kids and coaches weren't put in jail over this.

In ANY measure, this was a minor infraction if it was an infraction and only made worse by communications that could have been better. It's one of those things hopefully learned from, the system improves and everyone moves on. Maybe one or two will even grow up. The proposed penalty was obviously ridiculous.
The entire Dayton Public Schools District was already on a 3 year probation for Baker telling Dunbar coaches to tell players to throw a game so an additional DPL school could qualify for the playoffs.
Now they disregard required suspensions, use an ineligible player in a tournament game, then commit perjury in lying about those circumstances to get a reinstatement. All the students know of the perjury, and it was committed by an officer of the court.

You dismiss all of this a minor infraction. Unreal.
Old 03-11-18, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Crusada View Post
The entire Dayton Public Schools District was already on a 3 year probation for Baker telling Dunbar coaches to tell players to throw a game so an additional DPL school could qualify for the playoffs.
Now they disregard required suspensions, use an ineligible player in a tournament game, then commit perjury in lying about those circumstances to get a reinstatement. All the students know of the perjury, and it was committed by an officer of the court.

You dismiss all of this a minor infraction. Unreal.
^^^^
small woodie. probably some salivating.

"Commit perjury." Wasn't there something in the news about people being able to hold accountable those that libel on social media? Hope you have your ducks in a row.

Anyhow, didn't an official of the courts rule on this? I'm pretty sure it wasn't me so I didn't "dismiss" anything and what person with a brain can accuse someone of "dismissing" something they called an "infraction?"

Apparently after some consideration, a measured response was applied taking in account all the missteps by OHSAA officials that you dismiss.
Old 03-11-18, 02:55 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
John Doe was on the floor, off the bench. Didn't think people wouldn't talk, did you? Especially at Trotwood. And...there is video. Gonna be crazy to watch this play out. Better be anyway...or OHSAA should just throw out the rule book and just manage tournaments.

Guilty might as well come clean now.
Nobody is talking...WTH? The case is over and Dunbar is out the tourney. Plus what the heck does Trotwood have to do with this? Do you even know what school your talking about? Stop....
Old 03-12-18, 10:03 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
^^^^
"Commit perjury." Wasn't there something in the news about people being able to hold accountable those that libel on social media? Hope you have your ducks in a row.

Anyhow, didn't an official of the courts rule on this? I'm pretty sure it wasn't me so I didn't "dismiss" anything and what person with a brain can accuse someone of "dismissing" something they called an "infraction?"

Apparently after some consideration, a measured response was applied taking in account all the missteps by OHSAA officials that you dismiss.
As to libel, The Truth is an affirmative defense!

As to the court, the ruling didn’t take false testimony into account. When the testimony is proven false there will be consequences from that court.

As to the OHSAA, if you think this is over, you have a reading comprehension problem. See OHSAA comments following the ruling posted earlier.

YOUR COMMENT that this was a “minor infraction, if it was an infraction” is dismissive.
YOUR COMMENT that the “proposed penalty” (for playing an ineligible player) “was obviously ludicrous” is dismissive.
The rules are the rules, even for Dunbar!

As others have noted, two teams involved. Thurgood Marshall reacted correctly.
Dunbar did not, then dissembled, went to court and lied!

They’re teaching students. That is their mission.
They teach more by what they did here than by all the classroom instruction over decades. And what they’ve taught is anathema to civility, decency and responsibility!
Old 03-12-18, 10:18 AM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As to libel, The Truth is an affirmative defense!

As to the court, the ruling didn’t take false testimony into account. When the testimony is proven false there will be consequences from that court.

As to the OHSAA, if you think this is over, you have a reading comprehension problem. See OHSAA comments following the ruling posted earlier.

YOUR COMMENT that this was a “minor infraction, if it was an infraction” is dismissive.
YOUR COMMENT that the “proposed penalty” (for playing an ineligible player) “was obviously ludicrous” is dismissive.
The rules are the rules, even for Dunbar!

As others have noted, two teams involved. Thurgood Marshall reacted correctly.
Dunbar did not, then disseminated, went to court and lied!

They’re teaching students. That is their mission.
They teach more by what they did here than by all the classroom instruction over decades. And what they’ve taught is anathema to civility, decency and responsibility!
You nailed it Vox--after seeing guilty kids in my office for 35 years they always give you about 75% of the story to try to avoid punishment--as I said last week Dunbar was doing the "75% method" even before employees were being suspended for failure to implement NFHS/OHSAA rules. The DDN article was clear that Dunbar coaches knew the 2 game rule for suspensions and simply didn't follow it as they admitted in court--and Thurgood coaches did follow it--and people talk that know what really happened with John Doe and not in the hallway as Taylor said--at the D1 games Saturday in Dayton it was pretty clear that Dunbar knew much more.

As I stated OHSAA will win this war with Dunbar--it's definitely not over as people want to propose--guilty people begin to start "minimizing" what happened to gloss over being guilty--heck all you have to do is look in DC and watch how indicted folks begin to minimize what they did.
Old 03-12-18, 10:28 AM
Varsity

hammer89 is on a distinguished road
https://esrati.com/chuck-taylor-lied-in-court/16307

Yikes.
Old 03-12-18, 10:53 AM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not from Dayton....and have no idea how credible this new info is....but if it's true, this is gonna get real ugly for DPS and Dunbar
Old 03-12-18, 11:07 AM
All World

Where is member1?
Where is eastisbest?

I’ll bet they’re digging furiously to get DPS and Dunbar out of this hole, but it just keeps getting deeper. Keep digging boys. You’re doing great!
Old 03-12-18, 11:15 AM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Dunbar AD and JV Coach reprimanded......
Old 03-12-18, 12:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Where is member1?
Where is eastisbest?

I’ll bet they’re digging furiously to get DPS and Dunbar out of this hole, but it just keeps getting deeper. Keep digging boys. You’re doing great!
I'm right here, back at work vacation is over so I do not have time to man the message boards like some other folks.. Like I said the issue was with Player 13.. This whole secret tape stuff is straight out of a movie. And if you are basing all of your facts on Esrati!! OMG! Player 13 is the issue. If he was in the locker room my point has been made and case closed. All of the other stuff, I never made a case for. Player 13 was my one and only point. Still is. Until proven otherwise.....
Old 03-12-18, 01:06 PM
Freshman

DPaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
If Dunbar is lucky and if Coach Taylor is relieved of his duties, maybe they can get the best coach in the state of Ohio to take the head coaching job at Dunbar. He is the man that should have been the coach all along. The coach is PETER PULLEN. Peter Pullen would have never let something like this happen.
This guys name is really "Peter Pullen"??? That is some name!

Old 03-12-18, 01:26 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
I'm right here, back at work vacation is over so I do not have time to man the message boards like some other folks.. Like I said the issue was with Player 13.. This whole secret tape stuff is straight out of a movie. And if you are basing all of your facts on Esrati!! OMG! Player 13 is the issue. If he was in the locker room my point has been made and case closed. All of the other stuff, I never made a case for. Player 13 was my one and only point. Still is. Until proven otherwise.....
So if a mainstream media outlet (Dayton Daily news for example) confirms this Esrati story, that player 13 was not in the locker room and the head coach lied, I presume you'll issue a lengthy apology?
Old 03-12-18, 01:30 PM
All World

He’s got no time for apologies!
He’s too busy digging Dunbar and DPL outta (into) that big hole!
Old 03-12-18, 01:51 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Not from Dayton....and have no idea how credible this new info is....but if it's true, this is gonna get real ugly for DPS and Dunbar
He can be "out" there sometimes but for the most part he has been pretty accurate lately.
Still not sure Taylor "lied" no matter what the video shows. He said "he past the player in the hallway on his way to the gym." Probably is still true no matter what. What is debatable is WHEN. Let this play out.
The bottom line, in my opinion, is that the OHSAA just wants ADULTS held ACCOUNTABLE. Corrs never did, maybe Lolli will.
Old 03-12-18, 02:34 PM
All American

Quote:
So if a mainstream media outlet (Dayton Daily news for example) confirms this Esrati story, that player 13 was not in the locker room and the head coach lied, I presume you'll issue a lengthy apology?
LOL!!! An apology to who.. Just like you, I don't owe anyone on this message board a damn thing...An apology...

If they don't an all this goofiness stays as it is, you apologizing to me? I sure hope not.

At this point player 13 was in the locker room. If he was not, they got to prove it. But an apology? C'mon man. Your name is hammer89.. Is it really that serious... All this stuff should be good natured banter. But for some I guess it's worth apologizing for. Like we are friends are something.. So weird!

Plus if that happens Vox and Comet Man! Will be having a party... Remember while we are behind the screen with names like Hammer man?? WTH? We are talking about the lives of real people. They got to deal with the consequences! Not you or me. Apologize???

Still only one tape!!! Though
Old 03-12-18, 02:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
He can be "out" there sometimes but for the most part he has been pretty accurate lately.
Still not sure Taylor "lied" no matter what the video shows. He said "he past the player in the hallway on his way to the gym." Probably is still true no matter what. What is debatable is WHEN. Let this play out.
The bottom line, in my opinion, is that the OHSAA just wants ADULTS held ACCOUNTABLE. Corrs never did, maybe Lolli will.
You are a voice of reason.... I appreciate your avoidance of the "off with their heads" thought process. Let it play out.

Gee Whizz!
Old 03-12-18, 02:43 PM
Varsity

member1, you're right, apology was probably the wrong word to use. Guess I was just meaning there will be some crow to eat one way or another.

As to Taylor lying, if there is video, i think he did lie. He didn't simply state he passed him in the hallway, he specifically stated because of the timing of when he passed him in the hallway, it was impossible for him to be on the floor during the incident.
Old 03-12-18, 02:56 PM
All American

Quote:
member1, you're right, apology was probably the wrong word to use. Guess I was just meaning there will be some crow to eat one way or another.

As to Taylor lying, if there is video, i think he did lie. He didn't simply state he passed him in the hallway, he specifically stated because of the timing of when he passed him in the hallway, it was impossible for him to be on the floor during the incident.
Dude, its all good. Like I said good natured message board stuff. For some. For others, not so much. They want to be vindicated by seeing Dunbar go down! Lord help us all.

In the scheme of things this is all about HS sports. Some bad decisions made by kids and adults. I hope for the sake of all those involved, not us watching the Jerry Springer show, that what happen in court remains the truth. That's one issue.. The 12 suspensions, as I stated before that is completely different. As of now, Ill pass on the crow. There will be plenty left over after Vox and Comet/Rocket Country finish up with it...
Old 03-12-18, 03:00 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Probably the end result will be a slap on the wrist!
Old 04-05-18, 12:46 PM
All Region

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
So now the question is when does OHSAA give Dunbar the Death Penalty?
Old 04-05-18, 01:25 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit454 View Post
Sad...
Old 04-05-18, 01:26 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Not likely,
any combo or all of the following... $ fine, additional probation, post season ban for 1 or 2 years.
(reference the Harvest Prep OHSAA action / they had all of these + they had to pay an on site
OHSAA rep to insure compliance)

:>---

EGA
Old 04-06-18, 08:12 AM
All Region

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
Not likely,
any combo or all of the following... $ fine, additional probation, post season ban for 1 or 2 years.
(reference the Harvest Prep OHSAA action / they had all of these + they had to pay an on site
OHSAA rep to insure compliance)

EGA
Did Harvert Prep also file a lawsuit against OHSAA? I don't remember.
Old 04-07-18, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Did Harvert Prep also file a lawsuit against OHSAA? I don't remember.
No, but that is not germane to the issue.

It should also be noted that the OHSAA now also has a bylaw that it can
suspend a school's membership.

http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/About...SAA/Bylaws.pdf
See bylaw 3-7 and bylaw 11.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...-by-ohsaa.html

EGA