Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 06-10-19, 10:07 AM
All Region

Belly35 is on a distinguished road
Tattoo .........?

Hot or Not, WTH where you thinking….

To have so many that your arm is just blue is stupid, however to have something that has color, done with artistic design and well thought out is very cool.

Some women with tattoo are very nice, appealing to look at and add to their beauty, but then again some women should just rethink what they are presenting.

I dont have any tattoos, when i was in the Army i gave it some consideration

What is your opinion on Tattoos?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-19, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Not a fan of the tatted-up-ho look. A few discreet ones are great, and some prominently displayed tasteful ones are just fine.

No one seems to consider what tats will look like 20 years later.
Old 06-10-19, 10:38 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Don't have one, and unless I get struck by lightening, I don't think I ever will. I honestly don't think there is much appealing about them.

I said a few years back that if you want to get in front of something, plan on opening a tattoo removal business in about 10 years and you'll be rolling in the dough.
SOME tats look good on SOME people, but many fade and droop over time, so those 20 somethings who look pretty good now, int 20-30 years, and 20-60 pounds later...what are they going to look like???

I mean is there some underlying psychotic or mental part of people who don't like the way they look, so they paint themselves? Only permanently? Piercings are kind of the same, but at least they are temporary if you want them to be. Dudes that get me are guys over 50 with an ear ring? Why?
Old 06-10-19, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

If you haven't joyfully stucco'ed a tramp stamp, you haven't lived, Red
Old 06-10-19, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
When I moved to Tucson I was struck by the number of people with tattoos. With the hot weather out here, people wear fewer clothes and I soon figured I was in the minority woth no tattoos. Not to say I don't have any ink on my body. I have three little blue dots in the pelvic region so they could calibrate the radiation machine.
Old 06-10-19, 12:13 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Don't have one, and unless I get struck by lightening, I don't think I ever will. I honestly don't think there is much appealing about them.

I said a few years back that if you want to get in front of something, plan on opening a tattoo removal business in about 10 years and you'll be rolling in the dough.
SOME tats look good on SOME people, but many fade and droop over time, so those 20 somethings who look pretty good now, int 20-30 years, and 20-60 pounds later...what are they going to look like???

I mean is there some underlying psychotic or mental part of people who don't like the way they look, so they paint themselves? Only permanently? Piercings are kind of the same, but at least they are temporary if you want them to be. Dudes that get me are guys over 50 with an ear ring? Why?
14red has to be the most boring guy in the planet.
Old 06-10-19, 12:25 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Not a fan, there are classier ways to express yourself.
Old 06-10-19, 12:49 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly35 View Post
I dont have any tattoos, when i was in the Army i gave it some consideration
I would have lost a bet there. Always pictured you as a guy who went to SE Asia and got a dagger on his chest and "death before dishonor" scrolled across while he was there.

None here. One reason is my dad's tattoo, which I may have mentioned before.

On women? I haven't seen any ink that I thought added to their beauty, unless you're talking about tattooing the image of a nipple on a breast reconstruction for a cancer survivor, and I make no judgments there. I will also make allowances for eyebrow tats if they're not done for shock effect.

IMO, tats either don't do anything, or take away from their looks, and the latter happens a lot more frequently.
Old 06-10-19, 01:24 PM
All Ohio

fortfan is on a distinguished road
I don't have any. I'm not totally against them.

What bothers me....a guy I know....has a LOT of ink. No idea how much that costs. Has a child out of wedlock and has his paycheck garnished for child support. Has been evicted for not paying rent. Is on food stamps........but had to have that ink.....
Old 06-10-19, 01:56 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortfan View Post

What bothers me....a guy I know....has a LOT of ink. No idea how much that costs. Has a child out of wedlock and has his paycheck garnished for child support. Has been evicted for not paying rent. Is on food stamps........but had to have that ink.....
I have none and don't really like them. I see many people who look like they couldn't rub two nickels together all tatted up. Seems money could be better spent. I have no idea of the cost. What does lets say a full sleeve cost you?
Old 06-10-19, 02:26 PM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I have none and don't really like them. I see many people who look like they couldn't rub two nickels together all tatted up. Seems money could be better spent. I have no idea of the cost. What does lets say a full sleeve cost you?
I have a cousin who has a lot of ink, his wife is tatted up quite a bit too. They have a friend who is a tattoo artist so they are getting them at a pretty deep discount. I know they can be pretty expensive and the more reputable the artist, the higher the cost.

I may be in the minority, but I've always been a fan of tattoos. I would probably have more, but I don't like the idea of spending the money. I also think when they are done well they can be pretty sexy on a good looking woman. My friends might tell you I've always had a thing for women on the "trashier" side, so that might play into why I find them attractive.
Old 06-10-19, 03:06 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
The Illustrated Man

Had forgotten about that movie.

Not a fan at any level but do my best not to pre-judge anyone. It's a thing, nothing more for many.
Old 06-10-19, 03:09 PM
All Ohio

Tesoro is on a distinguished road
Nothing quite says trash like a tattoo does.
Old 06-10-19, 03:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
If you haven't joyfully stucco'ed a tramp stamp, you haven't lived, Red
Old 06-10-19, 03:18 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
14red has to be the most boring guy in the planet.
some like boring...some like practical...it's what makes the world go around.

I'll just add this...you go to any pictorial listing of active inmates in a local jail...and the over / under on tats is about 8.5 per person. Facial / neck tats, about 85%... just saying...
Old 06-10-19, 03:20 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
When I moved to Tucson I was struck by the number of people with tattoos. With the hot weather out here, people wear fewer clothes and I soon figured I was in the minority woth no tattoos. Not to say I don't have any ink on my body. I have three little blue dots in the pelvic region so they could calibrate the radiation machine.
I can only guess you've never been to a water park in Ohio in July/ August.

And that's funny...blue dots!
Old 06-10-19, 03:35 PM
All Yappi

chs1971 will become famous soon enough
I do not have any. I do not understand the appeal, but if you want to decorate your body go ahead.

Except tattoos or piercings on the face. I think those are deliberately repulsive.

Last edited by chs1971; 06-10-19 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-10-19, 04:25 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
...Don't you ever call them tattoos!

Rod Steiger & Claire Bloom

...Don't know the reason
Stayed here all season
Nothing to show but this brand new tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie
How it got here I haven't a clue...

You can learn a lot from Lydia...

===

BONUS..

Every night before I'd go to sleep,
I'd pull down the covers
and take a peek....

===

I do not have any tats...I have scars ~ they have tales of better/worse life experiences.

:>---

SF

Last edited by ohiopup; 06-10-19 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-10-19, 05:34 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortfan View Post

Same. I don't have any, but I'm not totally against them.

I used to hate them, until my 20-year old nephew showed me his. He was visiting from Texas and told me he got a tattoo and said, "Uncle BlackHawk, you'll like my new tattoo." I said, "No, I won't." He said "Yes, you will" and then showed me the new ink on his back. It was a tattoo memorializing my dead brother (his dad) who was killed by a drunk driver in Houston, a few years earlier. My nephew was right. I liked it.

I worked with a single mom, some years ago, who cried that she had no money for Christmas to buy her 5-year old son a new bike. That's all he wanted, but she couldn't afford it. I told her Toy-R-Us has some nice kids bikes on sale for $39. She said she couldn't afford that much. A few days later, she was showing the entire office her new colorful tattoo. "It only cost $180", she said.

Someone said, "Putting tattoos on a hot body is like putting bumper stickers on a Ferrari".
Old 06-10-19, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Not a fan, there are classier ways to express yourself.
Sure, but I enjoy Yappi, just the same....
Old 06-10-19, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Tats are like Yoga pants, cold shoulder tops and belly shirts. They only look good on a very small percentage of the population yet waaaaaaaaaay to many people get them.
Old 06-10-19, 07:02 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
You can learn a lot from Lydia...
Can't forget about the original version:

Old 06-10-19, 08:08 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Old 06-10-19, 10:22 PM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Old 06-10-19, 10:43 PM
All Yappi

He was one of these guys, but he never grew..

Old 06-11-19, 05:45 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
He was one of these guys, but he never grew..

I thought he was French.
Old 06-11-19, 02:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
Same. I don't have any, but I'm not totally against them.

I used to hate them, until my 20-year old nephew showed me his. He was visiting from Texas and told me he got a tattoo and said, "Uncle BlackHawk, you'll like my new tattoo." I said, "No, I won't." He said "Yes, you will" and then showed me the new ink on his back. It was a tattoo memorializing my dead brother (his dad) who was killed by a drunk driver in Houston, a few years earlier. My nephew was right. I liked it.

I worked with a single mom, some years ago, who cried that she had no money for Christmas to buy her 5-year old son a new bike. That's all he wanted, but she couldn't afford it. I told her Toy-R-Us has some nice kids bikes on sale for $39. She said she couldn't afford that much. A few days later, she was showing the entire office her new colorful tattoo. "It only cost $180", she said.

Someone said, "Putting tattoos on a hot body is like putting bumper stickers on a Ferrari".
One thing that I always found curious...why do people get tats on their back? They obviously can't see them, unless in a mirror, so what's the point.
Then again, is this the middle ground of not being sure, so you get a tatoo, but you get it in a place you can't see?

And sadly blackhawk, we can use this analogy in so many ways for people who claim to be poor. I've always said most don't have an earning problem, they have a spending problem. Misplaced priorties...
Old 06-11-19, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I coached kids who had $1000 worth of ink but were on assistance. They always seemed to have the nicest and newest Nike stuff, newest cell phones, and money for fast food as well.

The way we measure "poor" has certainly changed. It does not seem to hurt for the vast majority any longer.
Old 06-11-19, 05:13 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Tats are like Yoga pants, cold shoulder tops and belly shirts. They only look good on a very small percentage of the population yet waaaaaaaaaay to many people get them.
^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I coached kids who had $1000 worth of ink but were on assistance. They always seemed to have the nicest and newest Nike stuff, newest cell phones, and money for fast food as well.

The way we measure "poor" has certainly changed. It does not seem to hurt for the vast majority any longer.
^And, this.

I loaned a friend $100 years ago and the next time I saw him at the lake he had a "fullback" tat. Best lesson I ever learned and it only cost me a C-note.
Old 06-11-19, 05:24 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post

This.

The way we measure "poor" has definitely changed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: