Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-18, 10:22 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
IMO the best episode of the season.

Give me a break! Rick unloads two thirty round mags on Negan and doesn't hit him once? Why shoot up his car when all you have to do is to chase him until you get a clean shot? Oh, by the time he got a clean shot he is out of ammo. B.S! Oh, and he did not blow his horn to warn the folks at Hilltop, so I guess he put all of them at risk just to satisfy his vendetta against Negan.

So bad...so very bad.
Old 03-19-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Yeah but you know immediately that nothing will come of it. Nothing significant happens unless it is the premiere or finale. Lots of bad filler.
Old 03-19-18, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enoughlotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
IMO the best episode of the season.

The only thing above average about this episode is that it introduced something new into the mix with the Women wearing harry potter glasses bearing gifts. The fact is that Negan, the saviors, Hilltop, the Kingdom, Ricks gang and the Junk Yard dimwits have become boring!
Old 03-19-18, 08:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Give me a break! Rick unloads two thirty round mags on Negan and doesn't hit him once? Why shoot up his car when all you have to do is to chase him until you get a clean shot? Oh, by the time he got a clean shot he is out of ammo. B.S! Oh, and he did not blow his horn to warn the folks at Hilltop, so I guess he put all of them at risk just to satisfy his vendetta against Negan.

So bad...so very bad.
I don't get why these people hate inanimate objects so much. They see a car or a window or a steel plate and they unload all their ammo on the poor material. The scene you describe PM convinces me that the WD doesn't use combat/weapons experts when directing these scenes.
Old 03-19-18, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Why does Negan discuss the saviors plan on the radio when he knows Rick has one? He just talked to him not more than 24 hours before.
Old 03-19-18, 01:09 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Most interesting episode this season. Still too many flaws in their storyline. The reality is that Rick and Negan would have been dead in this situation. Rick would have easily killed Negan and the Saviors would have come up and blown Rick away a few moments later.

The other weakness is that these new women have somehow survived for a few years by trading very basic level knowledge. At least Eugene was able to pull it off by actually knowing some real things and faking the stuff he didn't.
Old 03-25-18, 09:20 PM
All World

BlackCat is on a distinguished road
After tonight's episode, consider the shark officially jumped.

Following a major battle, everyone crashes. No lookouts, no patrols, no one guarding prisoners, kid that's been itching to kill a prisoner miraculously comes up with the jail key, crying baby draws walkers but awakens zero sleeping humans, walker falls down huge stairway and wakes no one, no one keeping an eye on injured people in infirmary, not to mention 50 people with machine guns and the defensive position can't get all of an attacking force using arrows and knives. This show is becoming a sad shell of its former self.

Last edited by BlackCat; 03-25-18 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-25-18, 10:00 PM
All District

IamToz15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
After tonight's episode, consider the shark officially jumped.

Following a major battle, everyone crashes. No lookouts, no patrols, no one guarding prisoners, kid that's been itching to kill a prisoner miraculously comes up with the jail key, crying baby draws walkers but awakens zero sleeping humans, walker falls down huge stairway and wakes no one, no one keeping an eye on injured people in infirmary, not to mention 50 people with machine guns and the defensive position can't get all of an attacking force using arrows and knives. This show is becoming a sad shell of its former self.
Correct. When the walker did the tumbleweed down the stairs and stirred no one..... I was like come on........ they're getting to the point of insulting your intelligence to keep the story moving. I'm invested so I'll continue to ride it out.
Old 03-26-18, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

I have to agree 100% with Toz & BlackCat. Where do they get the directors & writers for this show? All I could think of was how nice it would be to be able to sleep that soundly. Zombies falling down stairs, people screaming and they're snoring away blissfully unaware of the mayhem all around them!

And it's a good thing the writers are just as dumb for the saviors as they are for the HillTop folks or Simon might have had some of his goons reconnoiter the HillTop later that night to find EVERYONE sleeping with NO guards on duty.

The simple logic of the 1st 7 seasons would have any group of survivors fully alert about anyone in their group sick or wounded. The risk of even one of these people dying during the night and coming back to chow down on the livings means you would secure these folks to their beds and/or have a 24 hr guard on them.

The battle itself was ridiculously staged. Normally the side with guns wipes out the side using axes & bows, but hey what do I know. And for crying out loud who comes up with these tactics? Shoot out all the lights on the Saviors vehicles and then draw the bad guys in and turn on your lights so you can shoot them? And isn't it funny that the HillTopians can shoot out the lights on the vehicles using a minimum of ammunition but then when they open up on the Saviors all clumped together they only manage to hit about 5 of them? What gives here?
Old 03-26-18, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I wish they could bring Darabont back and redo everything moving forward starting at season 3. This is when Darabont was officially gone from the show and the comic book influence went HEAVY. The first two seasons were dynamite but I cannot even appreciate re-watching them at this point knowing where this show goes.
Old 03-26-18, 09:38 AM
All World

WykidWytch
Our AMC stream froze at 9:55 last night and I didn't even care. Just went to bed.

In the past I would have been too ticked to go to sleep.
Old 03-26-18, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
I agree with everything but I will include that now the walkers blood and guts can cause one to turn without being bit but yet we have seen on several occasions of the cast covering themselves with walker guts/blood and yet nothing happened to them....
Old 03-26-18, 01:34 PM
All District

IamToz15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I agree with everything but I will include that now the walkers blood and guts can cause one to turn without being bit but yet we have seen on several occasions of the cast covering themselves with walker guts/blood and yet nothing happened to them....
I think that story line is a direct result of message boards complaining that its a main form of getting around in "Fear"... so for whatever this bunch isn't going to be able to do that?????

Must be an East coast West coast thing.
Old 03-26-18, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamToz15 View Post
I think that story line is a direct result of message boards complaining that its a main form of getting around in "Fear"... so for whatever this bunch isn't going to be able to do that?????

Must be an East coast West coast thing.
They've done it before on Walking Dead before Fear even showed it. Even so, with all the close kills of Walkers and all the scrapes and wounds they have it would of happened before... one would think. It is liked they are changing the rules.
Old 04-01-18, 10:13 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Every week the show finds a way to get worse. Looks like Negan has another 10 episodes.
Old 04-01-18, 10:42 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Tonight's episode was the first episode where I could really see myself stop watching this show. I could walk away from it right now and not really care. Dragging out Carl's death even longer like he was a beloved character. Negan getting away again. Rick and Morgan becoming like the evil leaders that they are fighting against. Carol's character getting even more boring. And a new spotlight kid that is almost as annoying as Carl.
Old 04-02-18, 06:43 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
My response to last night's episode:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Like Negan said: "What the sh-t!?"
Old 04-02-18, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

Read the damn letter Rick! Then we can all enjoy the resulting 20 minute scene where the music goes all soft and mellow and we see tears in an ultra close up as Rick gazes out into a sunset. Then the camera pulls back to show Rick walking away with Carl's hat hung on a fence post.

And how long are they going to dangle that helicopter in front of our faces before revealing who is in it?

The simple fact is that Fear the Walking Dead has far surpassed the Walking Dead and is a much better show. At least until Morgan shows up which could ruin it, but that hasn't happened yet.
Old 04-02-18, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Read the damn letter Rick! Then we can all enjoy the resulting 20 minute scene where the music goes all soft and mellow and we see tears in an ultra close up as Rick gazes out into a sunset. Then the camera pulls back to show Rick walking away with Carl's hat hung on a fence post.

And how long are they going to dangle that helicopter in front of our faces before revealing who is in it?

The simple fact is that Fear the Walking Dead has far surpassed the Walking Dead and is a much better show. At least until Morgan shows up which could ruin it, but that hasn't happened yet.
If I was a network exec, I’d make sure a show had an ending in mind before greenlighting a pilot. There’s just too much filler in this show. It’d be so much better if they moved to Netflix or Prime and released 8-10 episodes per year.
Old 04-02-18, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

oh boy.... how many times is Rick going to get caught just to escape this season.... Is that all they got?

I like Yappi was thinking of pulling the plug and that says a lot since I stuck around for Once Upon a Time until this season....
Old 04-09-18, 11:29 AM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
New episode on Sunday (4/8) and not one post before noon on Monday...that's how far this show has fallen. I swear Carl died a few weeks ago, yet he somehow STILL ruins every episode. The only character I even like at this point is Negan.
Old 04-09-18, 12:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
New episode on Sunday (4/8) and not one post before noon on Monday...that's how far this show has fallen. I swear Carl died a few weeks ago, yet he somehow STILL ruins every episode. The only character I even like at this point is Negan.
yeah, I literally wanted to barf from the opening scene. I can't believe that "Fear" even with Madsion and please somebody kill her off.... is no longer as bad as "Walking"
Old 04-09-18, 12:29 PM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
And now they're going to let Morgan ruin Fear, ugh.
Old 04-09-18, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure why you people don't just stop watching.
Old 04-09-18, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
No doubt the quality has dipped, but last night’s episode was pretty good aside from the Aaron subplot which made zero sense.
Old 04-09-18, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
No doubt the quality has dipped, but last night’s episode was pretty good aside from the Aaron subplot which made zero sense.
I thought so too. I believe there are too many characters and that many of them need to be killed off. Other than that, I'm still enjoying the show.

People just need to be bitter about things. Hard way to live.
Old 04-09-18, 02:35 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the Aaron thing confused me. I'm like, did I miss something?
Old 04-09-18, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Do you stop watching your favorite sports team when they suck? I suspect that for a lot of us the Walking Dead is a bit like that. We got hooked during the first couple of seasons which were fantastic then have watched in dismay as the show has slowly but steadily declined.

Fast forward a few seasons and you have other like minded folks gathering on Yappi to complain about the show. Sort of like all those talk radio shows where people call in and complain about the Reds, Bengals, Browns, etc.
Old 04-09-18, 03:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I agree and I thought last night's episode was the 2nd best of this season. This was because we got to see Negan being Negan with Jeffery Dean Morgan chewing up the scenery and beating his rivals.

And yes the whole Aaron subplot, where he appears to be staging some kind of a "strike" out in the woods, dragged the episode down a bit. I guess his actions are supposed to motivate the ladies to jump in on his side against the saviors.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: