Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-28-11, 03:32 PM
All Ohio

elderalways is on a distinguished road
Elder Baseball

What do we look like this spring boys?
Old 12-28-11, 05:38 PM
Cooling Off

Nelson Van Alden has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Should be solid. Thompson is the best there is.
Old 12-29-11, 11:07 AM
All American

Older Panther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Van Alden View Post
Should be solid. Thompson is the best there is.
I don't understand . How can he be the best there is when he has been at Elder for so long like Ramsey and Schoenfeld? I thought coaches that have been at Elder for an extended period of time are stuck in their ways and can't learn or teach new things. Thompson has to go and tell him to take Dick McCoy with him. He has been at Elder a long time too and there is no way the wrestling program can continue to improve year after year if he stays.

P.S.-No need to respond NVA. I am not going to get in a pi$$ing match with you.
Old 12-29-11, 11:26 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Panther View Post
I don't understand . How can he be the best there is when he has been at Elder for so long like Ramsey and Schoenfeld? I thought coaches that have been at Elder for an extended period of time are stuck in their ways and can't learn or teach new things. Thompson has to go and tell him to take Dick McCoy with him. He has been at Elder a long time too and there is no way the wrestling program can continue to improve year after year if he stays.

P.S.-No need to respond NVA. I am not going to get in a pi$$ing match with you.
Unlike the other two Thompson wins on a consitent basis. Ramsey and Schoenfeld do not. And no need to respond b/c you are wrong Older Panther. I guess we should keep all coaches on staff at Elder for as long as they want to be here even if they get blown out by Walnut Hills?
Old 12-29-11, 12:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Unlike the other two Thompson wins on a consitent basis. Ramsey and Schoenfeld do not. And no need to respond b/c you are wrong Older Panther. I guess we should keep all coaches on staff at Elder for as long as they want to be here even if they get blown out by Walnut Hills?
NVA/PB06 you are ruining the Elder board, can't you tell we are all sick of your constant carping and whining? Enough already, some of us want to talk about sports without your negative chicken sh*t comments. I rarely even get on this anymore because you highjack every thread and repeat your same whiny infantile messages. You are a miserable human being, we get it that you will never be happy until Elder fires everyone and brings in Mike Ditka complete with a scouting and recruiting team so that we can achieve total world dominance in every sport. We know you live for this day, until it happens, go away...we are tired of you.
Old 12-29-11, 12:28 PM
Cooling Off

swanson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderalways View Post
NVA/PB06 you are ruining the Elder board, can't you tell we are all sick of your constant carping and whining? Enough already, some of us want to talk about sports without your negative chicken sh*t comments. I rarely even get on this anymore because you highjack every thread and repeat your same whiny infantile messages. You are a miserable human being, we get it that you will never be happy until Elder fires everyone and brings in Mike Ditka complete with a scouting and recruiting team so that we can achieve total world dominance in every sport. We know you live for this day, until it happens, go away...we are tired of you.
Why not quit bitchin' and block him? It's that easy. Then we don't have to hear your whining about Pboy whining all the time.
Old 12-29-11, 12:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Why not quit bitchin' and block him? It's that easy. Then we don't have to hear your whining about Pboy whining all the time.
blocked you both, thanks for the tip and have a Happy New Year.
Old 12-29-11, 12:34 PM
Freshman

yankees20 is on a distinguished road
It looks like pitching could be the question mark...juniors need to come up big. Sounds like they will be really good defensively especially up the middle according to staff. They can really run and have some seniors who played a ton as juniors. Shortstop and second baseman played almost every inning together last year.
Old 12-29-11, 12:34 PM
All Ohio

Back to baseball...do we have any pitching this year? I haven't followed the team lately. Are we contenders this year?
Old 12-29-11, 12:36 PM
Freshman

Going to have to get past Moeller, but Thompson really likes his team.
Old 12-29-11, 12:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees20 View Post
It looks like pitching could be the question mark...juniors need to come up big. Sounds like they will be really good defensively especially up the middle according to staff. They can really run and have some seniors who played a ton as juniors. Shortstop and second baseman played almost every inning together last year.
thank you! hope the pitching comes around, looking forward to getting out to see them.
Old 12-29-11, 01:24 PM
Freshman

pantheratmosphere is on a distinguished road
@Older Panther. Please give a few reasons on why Dick McCoy needs to leave Elder when in fact he is coaching one of the only successful sports Elder has right now...
Old 12-29-11, 01:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantheratmosphere View Post
@Older Panther. Please give a few reasons on why Dick McCoy needs to leave Elder when in fact he is coaching one of the only successful sports Elder has right now...
I read that as a sarcastic comment, he did not mean it, he was proving a point to NVA that you can be a long term coach at Elder and be successful (McCoy and Thompson)...I took it as a joke and a compliment to McCoy.
Old 12-29-11, 01:51 PM
Freshman

pantheratmosphere is on a distinguished road
Well if that be the case then my apologies go out to Older Panther...BTW I have been away from this site for quite a while that i am just now catching on that NVA is our ole pal pboy haha
Old 12-29-11, 02:10 PM
All American

Older Panther
Quote:
I read that as a sarcastic comment, he did not mean it, he was proving a point to NVA that you can be a long term coach at Elder and be successful (McCoy and Thompson)...I took it as a joke and a compliment to McCoy.
You are correct sir.
Old 12-29-11, 02:14 PM
Cooling Off

twbb is on a distinguished road
LOL. Pboy makes a non-"the world is ending post" and still gets blasted. Lord some of you are embarrassing.
Old 12-29-11, 02:16 PM
Cooling Off

swanson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by twbb View Post
LOL. Pboy makes a non-"the world is ending post" and still gets blasted. Lord some of you are embarrassing.
This. It's funny and sad at the same time. Granted Pboy does do a lot of overreacting, but a lot of the points he makes are not off at all.
Old 12-29-11, 02:24 PM
Varsity

oldstlcoach is on a distinguished road
While I believe our baseball coaching staffs at all levels are very competent I also believe that they benefit more from the fact that their players are coming in from select baseball programs all the way through grade school unlike most of the other sports at Elder. I don't think they really have any players from actual knothole teams anymore.
Old 12-29-11, 05:45 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
God, you are a horrible poster. Older Panther fired the first shot, you think I am just going to sit there? I literally just said Thompson was the best and he took an unprovoked jab at me.

Anyway, the staff is great at all levels and it makes a huge difference.
Old 12-29-11, 07:28 PM
Freshman

It's really sad that we can't hear about the players, but listen to guys who love to hear themselves talk. I'd like to hear about the lineup, prospects, etc. GCL is a great league and I'm sure Elder will be right in the thick of things.
Old 01-02-12, 09:34 PM
All Ohio

FearDaPanthers is on a distinguished road
I just think everyone one his board turns 11 has soon as they sign in. Grow up please.
Old 01-08-12, 08:27 PM
Varsity

cincybearcats47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearDaPanthers View Post
I just think everyone one his board turns 11 has soon as they sign in. Grow up please.
I totally agree we are all elder here lets show support for the baseball team!
Old 01-08-12, 08:34 PM
Cooling Off

We are all in agreement, this team can development into something special. Any potential sophs moving up to Varsity?
Old 01-16-12, 09:39 PM
Junior Varsity

GCLRULEZ
Quote:
We are all in agreement, this team can development into something special. Any potential sophs moving up to Varsity?
What happened to Tyler Leonard? He could have been a Varsity starter this year.
Old 02-17-12, 02:28 PM
Freshman

EHALLTHEWAY is on a distinguished road
Leonard transferred to Colerain I believe. From what I udnerstand it was not for baseball reasons. Team should be solid if they can find consistent pitching behind Ramstetter who should be the #1. Don't see any sophs coming up to varsity unless there are injuries. Tryouts begin Monday!
Old 02-18-12, 03:58 PM
All Yappi

DOWNTOWN PANTHER is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hopefully Elder baseball can have another solid year.
Old 02-18-12, 08:22 PM
Cooling Off

What does the projected starting lineup look like?
Old 02-23-12, 01:56 PM
Freshman

The returning starters are Haley ss, Asalon 2B, Schwartz c/of, Gramke 3B, Freidel of/dh, Ramstetter p, Crofton p. Looks like some spots up for grabs...juniors need to step in. Go Panthers.
Old 02-23-12, 06:50 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees20 View Post
The returning starters are Haley ss, Asalon 2B, Schwartz c/of, Gramke 3B, Freidel of/dh, Ramstetter p, Crofton p. Looks like some spots up for grabs...juniors need to step in. Go Panthers.
Who are some jrs that could step in? They went 15-3 last year, all 3 losses to Moeller, and unfortunately they were all blow outs. Going to have to beat Moeller at something, at least I hope to God.
Old 02-23-12, 07:04 PM
All Ohio

FearDaPanthers is on a distinguished road
I can not wait for baseball season!! We should have a really good team. I think Polarcio (Sp?) will be a backup catcher on varsity. Jimmy White sould be a great addition to this team!! Ramstetter is a fantastic pitcher!