Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-10-18, 02:33 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
East-Middletown

Lakota East rolls into midseason, cruises past Middies

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...NJLPOmveDBK1K/
Old 01-10-18, 11:29 AM
All Region

basketballjim is on a distinguished road
Might as well hand the championship to Princeton. There is no team remotely close to Princeton in the GMC. Oak Hills, East, and Mason present the only possible threat and last night wasn't pretty for the Comets.
Old 01-10-18, 12:20 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
nonbballjimmers has re-emerged as Captain Obvious. Nice call on the Vikings.
Old 01-10-18, 12:21 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballjim View Post
Might as well hand the championship to Princeton. There is no team remotely close to Princeton in the GMC. Oak Hills, East, and Mason present the only possible threat and last night wasn't pretty for the Comets.
... and Oak Hills has the huge handicap of Price being the worst coach in the league, right?
Old 01-10-18, 12:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
... and Oak Hills has the huge handicap of Price being the worst coach in the league, right?
obviously....I believe jimmers also stated the east coach wasn't very good. After the game last night next on his list might be the mason coach
Old 01-10-18, 03:41 PM
All Ohio

ZfishInMason is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
they wouldn't "dominate" in every sport. football and basketball would get the biggest boosts, which is where they have struggled (at least in the league because with football it's basically Colerain, then everyone else).
Not every sport... but they would win the ECC's All-Sports trophy every year until our sun expands and engulfs the earth ... and it won't ever be close.

Sycamore would win the ECC title in Tennis (G,B), Swimming (G,B), and Academics (that's 5/24 sports contested) from now until the end of time. That's 5 sports they have no possible chance of losing the title in barring divine intervention.

They will compete for a league championship every year in Football, Soccer (G,B), Cross-country (B), Golf (G), and track (B). The idea they'll ever be out of the top 3 in any of these sports is hard to imagine.

They will have their highs and lows (like every other school) in most of the remaining sports but with the reduced level of competition my money would be on many more highs than lows.

Outside of bowling, the Aves would dominate the conference. They would be to the ECC what Mason is to the GMC... completely dominant across the board.

I hope we never find out... I enjoy their rivalry with Mason in so many different arenas (not just sports). Given their enrollment numbers, what Sycamore does in the GMC is truly amazing and should command the respect of every other program in the conference.
Old 01-10-18, 09:27 PM
All World

Here's where I think we are in the GMC:
#1-Princeton
Gap
#2-4-OH, Mason, and East
Lower Tier
#5-7-Sycamore, Fairfield, and Hamilton
Lowest Tier
#8-10-Colerain, West, and Middletown
Old 01-10-18, 09:40 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
#1-Princeton
Gap
#2-4-OH, Mason, and East
Lower Tier
Lowest Tier
I think West is straddling the lower and lowest tiers.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-18, 11:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I think West is straddling the lower and lowest tiers.

Maybe, only 1 home game in January. Still play Colerain twice.
Old 01-11-18, 10:09 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
#1-Princeton
Gap
#2-4-OH, Mason, and East
Lower Tier
Lowest Tier
Rick knows it all so we all should just go away. Princeton top tier and everyone else low tier. Mr Oak Hills, please provide the record for Mike Price and let me know what would lead you to believe he is a great coach. Also, I stated Mason and East have the two best coaches in the league. Rooks is a great coach with no talent. The two worst coaches in the league are Van Stinky and Price. Van Stinky has underachieved in every sense of the word. Hamilton has a lot of talent this year and he's blown it. Oak Hills has had one of the most talented teams in the city over the past 4-5 seasons and he plays GCL ball.
Old 01-11-18, 10:11 AM
All Region

Quote:
Yes
Old 01-11-18, 11:12 AM
Junior Varsity

bballlife89 is on a distinguished road
Oak hills is by far the most undermanned team in the top half of the gmc. And honestly, they have my vote for a solid #2. Price is a hell of a coach. Try coaching against him. Masons coach is in your top list but oak hills has given Princeton their closest game, and mason was blown out. Price has one legit player, and 2 other guys who show up on different days. Price is a top tier coach in h.s. And in the summer.
Old 01-11-18, 11:54 AM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Mike Price record since 2005 including this year is 155 wins and 150 losses non-conference and GMC play. He is 70-39 since 2014 including this year so far
Old 01-11-18, 12:06 PM
All Ohio

Sean Van Winkle at Ross was 59-48, Lakota West 71-59 , and at Hamilton since 2014 45-59 with a grand total of 175-166 including this year

Last edited by Vike16; 01-11-18 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-11-18, 01:49 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Sean Van Winkle at Ross was 59-48, Lakota West 71-59 , and at Hamilton since 2014 45-59 with a grand total of 175-150 including this year
Believe Vike that should be 175-166 based on what you put up for Van Winkle!
Old 01-11-18, 02:09 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
jim's evidence that Price is a terrible coach is that he plays "GCL" ball. I guess the GCL coaches are terrible too since they all play that style.

His statement that "Oak Hills has had one of the most talented teams in the city over the past 4-5 seasons" stretches even his limited credibility. Who were these top D1 recruits that suffered under Price's regime?
Old 01-11-18, 02:26 PM
All World

Quote:
jim's evidence that Price is a terrible coach is that he plays "GCL" ball. I guess the GCL coaches are terrible too since they all play that style.

His statement that "Oak Hills has had one of the most talented teams in the city over the past 4-5 seasons" stretches even his limited credibility. Who were these top D1 recruits that suffered under Price's regime?
Jim's postings are usually off the rails--it took him 3/4 of the season last year to acknowledge that Mason had a good team (21-3) and eventually made it to Regional semi's losing to Moe 60-57. Oak Hills was GMC champ last year at 15-1 and Coach Price plays the toughest non-league schedule of any of the GMC schools taking on Moe, St. X, Elder, and LaSalle along with Winton Woods (who just beat Cov. Cath) and west side rival Western Hills--and is 8-3 this year with losses to only Moe, Princeton, and a miracle buzzer tip-in by St. X on a brick shot from 25 feet.

Obviously OH is a workman-like team that wins by playing good defense and patient offense--seems to work for alot of GCL teams to play that same style.
Old 01-11-18, 02:29 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Believe Vike that should be 175-166 based on what you put up for Van Winkle!
Thank you. I was going to fast
Old 01-11-18, 02:37 PM
Junior Varsity

BL-UE is on a distinguished road
Another false stat. Van Winkle is 37-44 in his 3 1/2 seasons at Hamilton. The 7 years prior to that (after Larry Allen) they were 41-111. I would say HHS is in a pretty good spot. All 3 teams at the high school level are pretty successful at the moment.
Old 01-11-18, 02:51 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Mike Price record since 2005 including this year is 155 wins and 150 losses non-conference and GMC play. He is 70-39 since 2014 including this year so far
Mike Price coaching record prior to one of the most talented classes in the city in 2017 and Nick Deifel in 2018. I don't think there is an argument to Oak Hills, Moeller, and LaSalle being the cream of the crop this past season. If you throw out last years record and the previous season record considering anyone in the world could coach a stacked Oak Hills team to the same or better record. In years 2008- 2015, 500 or below record, bottom half of the league, and ton of talent including Jake Richmond, Ben Laumann, Jonathon Deifel, Jack Pflum, Alex Bergen, Caleb Cox, Tom Schneider, Nick Rudy, Andrew Chisholm, Alex Rogers, Ross Renken, Justin Steigerwald, Erik Prosser, Steve Pogue, and Mike Bardo. The man has coached a lot of talent and not faired well. In the 2008- 2015, GMC Record 37-61, Overall Record 61-80. One conference outright title in 17 years prior to title last season.
Old 01-11-18, 02:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL--UE View Post
Another false stat. Van Winkle is 37-44 in his 3 1/2 seasons at Hamilton. The 7 years prior to that (after Larry Allen) they were 41-111. I would say HHS is in a pretty good spot. All 3 teams at the high school level are pretty successful at the moment.
Hamilton is underachieving and it's tiring when the head and asst coaches participate in yappi in an effort to defend a terrible record. Hamilton has a lot of talent with Jaylen Robinson, D'Marco Howard, and Cameron Benson. This is supposed to be the year!!! Good spot? 3-3, 5th place in the league??? 2017- 8-8, 5th place in league. 2016 7-9, 5th place in league with A'shon Riggins, Myles Howard, Ryan Robinson...I call this underachieving with these guys!!! 2015 5-11 8th place in league.

You're right!!! great place!!!!
Price and VanStinky LEGENDS!!!
Old 01-11-18, 03:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Jim's postings are usually off the rails--it took him 3/4 of the season last year to acknowledge that Mason had a good team (21-3) and eventually made it to Regional semi's losing to Moe 60-57. Oak Hills was GMC champ last year at 15-1 and Coach Price plays the toughest non-league schedule of any of the GMC schools taking on Moe, St. X, Elder, and LaSalle along with Winton Woods (who just beat Cov. Cath) and west side rival Western Hills--and is 8-3 this year with losses to only Moe, Princeton, and a miracle buzzer tip-in by St. X on a brick shot from 25 feet.

Obviously OH is a workman-like team that wins by playing good defense and patient offense--seems to work for alot of GCL teams to play that same style.
I have proved you wrong over and over again. Tough out of conference schedule? They lose to the tough ones....LaSalle is 4-6 and down, West High is terrible, Elder is 5-6 and down, and they LOST TO MOELLER AND ST X.
Old 01-11-18, 03:13 PM
All World

Quote:
I have proved you wrong over and over again. Tough out of conference schedule? They lose to the tough ones....LaSalle is 4-6 and down, West High is terrible, Elder is 5-6 and down, and they LOST TO MOELLER AND ST X.
Jim you've proved only that you are "clueless" by what everyone says on this thread about your inane comments. OH playing all 4 GCL steps up non-league right off the bat--when those games are scheduled 2 years in advance no one knows what records are going to be right now-- Moeller is one of the top two teams in the City and they led St. X 55-54 with X winning on a miracle tip-in that would not happen in 99 more tries. LaSalle and Elder are still very tough opponents for anyone in town night in and night out and they beat WW by 6 who just beat Cov Cath who is likely the best team in KY. You are wrong and I'm a Comets fan with 3 kids who have played for Coach Richards and I've seen how good of coach Mike Price is with the whatever talent level he has--and he doesn't recruit like some of the cheaters in the city.

Not sure what your beef is with Coach Price--did he cut your grand kid at some point

Last edited by CometCountry; 01-11-18 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-11-18, 03:32 PM
Varsity

MrGMC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mike Price coaching record prior to one of the most talented classes in the city in 2017 and Nick Deifel in 2018. I don't think there is an argument to Oak Hills, Moeller, and LaSalle being the cream of the crop this past season. If you throw out last years record and the previous season record considering anyone in the world could coach a stacked Oak Hills team to the same or better record. In years 2008- 2015, 500 or below record, bottom half of the league, and ton of talent including Jake Richmond, Ben Laumann, Jonathon Deifel, Jack Pflum, Alex Bergen, Caleb Cox, Tom Schneider, Nick Rudy, Andrew Chisholm, Alex Rogers, Ross Renken, Justin Steigerwald, Erik Prosser, Steve Pogue, and Mike Bardo. The man has coached a lot of talent and not faired well. In the 2008- 2015, GMC Record 37-61, Overall Record 61-80. One conference outright title in 17 years prior to title last season.
You cannot be serious "Ton of talent?" Look at some of the guys that you mentioned... Some of these guys averaged less than 8 points a game!! You call that a ton of talent?? A ton of talent would be consistently having D1/D2 caliber players on your team. Coach Price is has more GMC titles than any other coach in GMC history with certainly less talent than what many of the programs have had. I've seen them twice this year and what he is doing with that group is remarkable!
Old 01-11-18, 05:06 PM
All World

Lakota West at Oak Hills will now be Saturday 1/13 at 4:30,6, and 7:30 game times
Lakota East at Fairfield is moved to Tuesday 1/16
Sycamore at Princeton postponed to TBD
Middletown at Hamilton will be played on 1/17
Mason at Colerain Saturday 1/13 at 4:30, 6:00, and 7:30

Last edited by CometCountry; 01-12-18 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-11-18, 07:12 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
You cannot be serious "Ton of talent?" Look at some of the guys that you mentioned... Some of these guys averaged less than 8 points a game!! You call that a ton of talent?? A ton of talent would be consistently having D1/D2 caliber players on your team. Coach Price is has more GMC titles than any other coach in GMC history with certainly less talent than what many of the programs have had. I've seen them twice this year and what he is doing with that group is remarkable!

It's a shame Jim has chosen not to enjoy the play of his family members. NONE of the players he listed played above D3 Basketball. They are lucky to have played for the best coach in the city. What Price has done on Ebenezer is frankly, a miracle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-18, 08:22 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
We all really should stop feeding the troll and ignore him.

Old 01-12-18, 12:09 PM
All World

I love it when nonbballjimmers emerges. It reminds me of what a coach once said, "if you listen to the fans pretty soon you'll be sitting with them."
I am still waiting for his Top Players list he promised after blasting Cory's evaluations. I guess I'll let that go.
So glad he is on the Mason wagon now, it only took the past five years of consistent success. Sorry jimmers about the east coach, thought you said he wasn't very good.
Now about that pre-season, I asked you at the time to support Hamilton #2, Middletown #4, and West #5? Got nothing, on your list to complete along with top players??
As for OH, my view is they are playing above their ability this year. My view is they have Deifel and a lot of average. Also think that is what OH usually has, I don't think they have top level GMC talent year in year out. Like many public schools they have ups and downs and maybe more downs in relation to GMC talent. I am also curious why jimmers thinks the west coach is outstanding?
Old 01-12-18, 01:04 PM
Freshman

Jump21 is on a distinguished road
New guys take...

#1 Princeton. Next level talent

#2 Mason

#3 East kind of a one man show. Not a great formula. However seem to be grooming young talent that they recruit in.

#4 - #8 about the same...have watched them all

Oak Hills - Avg talent but seem to win. Typically means they are well coached?? Sorry Jim I respectfully disagree about Price.

Sycamore - Avg talent

Fairfield - Avg talent but athletic

Hamilton - top 3 talent but under achieving. Could see them move up.

West - below avg talent over achieving

#9 Middletown

#10 c'mon Colerain

Have not seen Middletown or Colerain. Am I wrong about Middies?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-18, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump21 View Post
New guys take...

#1 Princeton. Next level talent

#2 Mason

#3 East kind of a one man show. Not a great formula. However seem to be grooming young talent that they recruit in.

#4 - #8 about the same...have watched them all

Oak Hills - Avg talent but seem to win. Typically means they are well coached?? Sorry Jim I respectfully disagree about Price.

Sycamore - Avg talent

Fairfield - Avg talent but athletic

Hamilton - top 3 talent but under achieving. Could see them move up.

West - below avg talent over achieving

#9 Middletown

#10 c'mon Colerain

Have not seen Middletown or Colerain. Am I wrong about Middies?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Oak Hills at #4? They beat LE at home and Mason on the road