Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-12-18, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
Great point. While we are at it, I think we should also make sure all races are evenly represented on the starting line. An example breakdown: 33% white 33% black 33% eskimo
Shouldn't it break down to the actual numbers within the population? So roughly all teams would be made up of: 39.2% male, 50.8% female, .4% of those would be transgender, 1.5% would be gay, 61.3% would be white, 17.8% would be Hispanic, and blacks would be 12.7%. 35% would be Republicans, 35% Democrats, and 30% would be independent.

That should be the makeup on all sports teams, television shows, recording artists, movie stars, cops, teachers, etc.
Old 06-12-18, 09:22 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
When University of Cincinnati did renovations on their arena they moved the men to play at Northern Kentucky and the Women were sent to play in a local High School since they had such small attendance. Never heard if that withstood the complaint of the women's team to move their games to an equal size arena?
Old 06-12-18, 09:27 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Ridiculous. If you were born a man, you should be competing with the men. If you can't hack it, then there are other things for you to do. Otherwise, have a separate meet.
Old 06-12-18, 09:35 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Shouldn't it break down to the actual numbers within the population? So roughly all teams would be made up of: 39.2% male, 50.8% female, .4% of those would be transgender, 1.5% would be gay, 61.3% would be white, 17.8% would be Hispanic, and blacks would be 12.7%. 35% would be Republicans, 35% Democrats, and 30% would be independent.

That should be the makeup on all sports teams, television shows, recording artists, movie stars, cops, teachers, etc.
I just got my results back from ancestry. com and I can tell you that you are gonna need some more subgroups... 1.7% of me wants to fight you for your post...
Old 06-13-18, 06:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
I just got my results back from ancestry. com and I can tell you that you are gonna need some more subgroups... 1.7% of me wants to fight you for your post...
Almost .0581% of me wants to defend it...Ö..
Old 06-13-18, 07:36 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post

I agree. It is culturally imperative that all human efforts match the demographic representations of the society that they take place in. Any deviation from this is a clear sign of racism, sexism, transism, fatism, ideologueism, disabledism, homophobia, class-ism and so on.

Sure, the quality of the NBA may suffer but that's a small price to pay for the advancement of the human race to an "ism" free society!
Old 06-13-18, 10:31 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Iím not sure whatís worse: 1) this POS ran indoor track as a boy a few months ago or 2) the State Athletic Associationís response of ďitís just High School Track.Ē
Has anyone checked out the listed times for the boys in the same events in the open division of the Connecticut state meet? One big reason this kid might want to compete as a girl could be that his times were nowhere near those of even the state's slowest boys qualifiers (approximately 20-24 boys competing in each state events)

100 - Miller 11.72 boys slowest 11.71 winning 10.87
200 - Miller 24.17 boys slowest 23.35 winning 21.92
400 - Miller 57.61 boys slowest 51.41 winning 48.24

(Miller got 4th in the 400, the winning girls time was 55.42)
Old 06-13-18, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
Has anyone checked out the listed times for the boys in the same events in the open division of the Connecticut state meet? One big reason this kid might want to compete as a girl could be that his times were nowhere near those of even the state's slowest boys qualifiers (approximately 20-24 boys competing in each state events)

I'm thinking I could insist that I be given a $2M WNBA deal so that they have a guy that identifies as a woman instead of another lesbian on the court. The world needs a 6' near 60 year old point guard. To help others feel good about themselves......
Old 06-13-18, 11:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I agree. It is culturally imperative that all human efforts match the demographic representations of the society that they take place in. Any deviation from this is a clear sign of racism, sexism, transism, fatism, ideologueism, disabledism, homophobia, class-ism and so on.

Sure, the quality of the NBA may suffer but that's a small price to pay for the advancement of the human race to an "ism" free society!
Imagine all of the poor white people that would have a chance to play in the NFL or NBA if there were limits on the number of blacks teams could sign. Imagine the prestige the 1-2 70 year old's that each team would be required to play.....
Old 06-13-18, 11:27 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
I really don't know how to address this other than it's just completely wrong. In my world, you are male for female until age 18, then you can do whatever you want. The adult brain is not fully developed until age 25, so anything before that is difficult and confusing to make life altering decisions.
A high, high percentage actually most kids who are confused with sexuality in their teens almost always stick with their gender through their 20's and are glad they did not go through any operations or surgical changes.
The kids who ran in this race was denied a chance to win a state championship. So sad.
Old 06-13-18, 01:55 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Ridiculous. If you were born a man, you should be competing with the men. If you can't hack it, then there are other things for you to do.
yep, like soccer.
Old 06-13-18, 05:13 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

That’s such horse sh*t. Basically all he did was throw on a wig and call himself a girl. I stlll can’t believe the state athletic association had such a laissze faire attitude. It might only be HS track, but it’s the reason you have f**kin’ Jobs. Of all the people in the world other than the athletes and their families, you should care the most about Connecticut HS Track.
Old 06-13-18, 05:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
yep, like soccer.
Nope, not even then.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...scrimmage/amp/
Old 06-13-18, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thatís such horse sh*t. Basically all he did was throw on a wig and call himself a girl. I stlll canít believe the state athletic association had such a laissze faire attitude. It might only be HS track, but itís the reason you have f**kiní Jobs. Of all the people in the world other than the athletes and their families, you should care the most about Connecticut HS Track.
If it's "just high school track" why conduct a state tournament?

why keep times?

Just let them run for the heck of it...who cares about competition?
Old 06-13-18, 07:13 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
2x and 3x state HS wrestling champions, who have given literal blood, sweat, and tears in constant and grueling training MIGHT earn a 50% scholarship. Same can be said for the HS baseball player who hits. 500 and played 100 games a summer since 10U.

But the woman's track and CC teams have so much money that they put the word out on campus that if anyone ran in HS they can come out and will get money for books or a partial.

Friggin joke. At least take football out of the equations since no woman's sport comes close to having those types of numbers.
Old 06-14-18, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thatís such horse sh*t. Basically all he did was throw on a wig and call himself a girl. I stlll canít believe the state athletic association had such a laissze faire attitude. It might only be HS track, but itís the reason you have f**kiní Jobs. Of all the people in the world other than the athletes and their families, you should care the most about Connecticut HS Track.
But the confused kids feel so much better about themselves...Ö. losing is hard too.
Old 06-14-18, 07:53 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

wonder if this so -called girl will get a chance to run track in college for a women's team?
Old 06-14-18, 08:08 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
wonder if this so -called girl will get a chance to run track in college for a women's team?
"She" better get any offer any other similar female gets or there may be a potential lawsuit to correct such a slight..
Old 06-14-18, 08:37 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
it's Connecticut, what do you expect???

The sad part is all those girls who worked their entire seasons / careers to compete in the state meet in those events, and you have a crazy circumstance like this where the threat of legal implications forces the hand of the event organizers.
I just wonder if someone would have said she could not compete what kind of backlash there would have been? I really feel about 95% of the world feels this was an injustice. We just can't say it out loud.
Old 06-14-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
If it's "just high school track" why conduct a state tournament?

why keep times?

Just let them run for the heck of it...who cares about competition?
Also, itís your frickin job. Iíd fire that person instantly, itís clear they have no respect for their employer.
Old 06-14-18, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
I went to a periodontist on Tuesday for a dental emergency which turned out to be amazingly expensive. Turned out he was a starting offensive lineman for Minnesota in the 70's, and furthermore, which makes this post somewhat relevant to the topic at hand, his dental assistant (who was pretty attractive) played three years of varsity football for Port Clinton where she was not a kicker, but a starter on the defensive side of the ball. So some girls can play football in high school if they have the skills.
Old 06-14-18, 03:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
I went to a periodontist on Tuesday for a dental emergency which turned out to be amazingly expensive. Turned out he was a starting offensive lineman for Minnesota in the 70's, and furthermore, which makes this post somewhat relevant to the topic at hand, his dental assistant (who was pretty attractive) played three years of varsity football for Port Clinton where she was not a kicker, but a starter on the defensive side of the ball. So some girls can play football in high school if they have the skills.
Whatís your point? This isnít about whether girlís have the skills to play certain sports. Itís about these boys basically conning their way on to the girlís team and dominating. Would you be ok with allowing a football player to play while using Barry Bonds level of steroids?
Old 06-14-18, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
If men and women are supposedly equal, then there shouldn't be separate gender categories in any competition. Let the women compete with the men in athletics if there is truly no inherent advantage to being a man.

The reality is, women's divisions in things both physical and non-physical are designed to give them a chance to actually win. Stuff like chess, poker, etc. doesn't have a physical component, yet men dominate in those activities as well.Even the supposedly enlightened Academy Awards has separate categories for men & women.

It sucks for the high school girls, but ultimately I want more of this to happen. If half the country wants us to live in a fantasy land where men aren't, on average, better than women at things, then they need to be made to look ridiculous. If we get to a point where no biological women are winning athletic events at any level, that would be a great way to accomplish it and present clear evidence of how delusional their worldview is.
Old 06-14-18, 05:56 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Do you think chess and poker attract more males than women and that is potentially why they arent as succesful? Probably not the best example to use

Or do you think men are just smarter than women on average? That would be awesome if proven to be so. Could use that for trolling my wife.

There are biological differences in the brain between males and females so i would assume one side may have more "intelligence". A male's brain apparently is bigger in volume, not sure if that affects anything.
Old 06-14-18, 08:44 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Do you think chess and poker attract more males than women and that is potentially why they arent as succesful? Probably not the best example to use

Or do you think men are just smarter than women on average? That would be awesome if proven to be so. Could use that for trolling my wife.

There are biological differences in the brain between males and females so i would assume one side may have more "intelligence". A male's brain apparently is bigger in volume, not sure if that affects anything.
At the risk of being called a misogynist pig men in general have better spacial cognition then women which among other things allows them to dominate such areas as chess and theoretical physics. To be fair it's not so much "intelligence" as it's a superior ability to manipulate 3D movement in our heads using our full sensory suite. This is probably due to evolutionary forces resulting from the hundreds of thousands of years males dominated hunting/exploring activities. Women in contrast have been shown to have superior empathic skill sets including language expression & manipulation.

I'm sure I'll get raked over the coals for saying this and I've over simplified the field of thought on this topic but then again no one is really interested in discussing this rationally. So flame away!
Old 06-15-18, 07:41 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
bumping for the prophet
Old 06-15-18, 08:13 AM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post

Name one profession/skill/event where women comprise the majority of the elite talent?
Old 06-15-18, 10:16 AM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
If men and women are supposedly equal, then there shouldn't be separate gender categories in any competition. Let the women compete with the men in athletics if there is truly no inherent advantage to being a man.

The reality is, women's divisions in things both physical and non-physical are designed to give them a chance to actually win. Stuff like chess, poker, etc. doesn't have a physical component, yet men dominate in those activities as well.Even the supposedly enlightened Academy Awards has separate categories for men & women.

It sucks for the high school girls, but ultimately I want more of this to happen. If half the country wants us to live in a fantasy land where men aren't, on average, better than women at things, then they need to be made to look ridiculous. If we get to a point where no biological women are winning athletic events at any level, that would be a great way to accomplish it and present clear evidence of how delusional their worldview is.
Exactly
Old 06-15-18, 10:20 AM
All District

toledomansfield is on a distinguished road
gymnastics where they twirl the ribbon around
Old 06-15-18, 10:21 AM
All District

toledomansfield is on a distinguished road
I was going to say figure skating but women cant do a quad

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: