Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-06-18, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

sig4969 is on a distinguished road
If you are being "Swatted " what to do ?

If you are being "Swatted " what to do ?

Could a Cop explain what to do if you are being "Swatted" ?

what is the protocol for : Cops

911 operator

the person inside the house
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-18, 01:16 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Well, if I knew it was going to happen ahead of time, I'd wear a couple pair of sweat pants under my jeans to school that day to cushion the sting, and try to keep my knees loose to absorb some the paddle's impact ......

Oh - you're talking about something else entirely, aren't you?
Old 06-06-18, 01:37 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
I think the obvious answer is to cooperate with the police and hope things go well.

In our current climate, I would guess that some people would suggest yelling at the cops and becoming physically violent with them because you have done nothing wrong. When you are no longer with us, people can mourn you and complain about those who abused their power when you were clearly doing nothing wrong.
Old 06-06-18, 02:11 PM
All District

king kong is on a distinguished road
I go to the pump fake, get my defender in the air and use my dribble to create space. Very unusual for me to get swatted, with my 33 in vertical and 65!
Old 06-06-18, 02:28 PM
All Yappi

dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
I go to the pump fake, get my defender in the air and use my dribble to create space. Very unusual for me to get swatted, with my 33 in vertical and 65!
I was short with a weak vertical. My option started like yours did, with the pump fake. Then I drew the foul, and made my free throws at about 85% rate.
Scored more points from the line than from the floor most nights.
Old 06-06-18, 02:42 PM
All American

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I think the obvious answer is to cooperate with the police and hope things go well.
Once the service pistol or rifle is brandished, putting your hands on your head and belly on the floor has got to be your first response. Feel free to request to see the warrant after that. But, at least this way you will get the opportunity to ask for it.
Old 06-06-18, 02:56 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

In our current climate, I would guess that some people would suggest yelling at the cops and becoming physically violent with them because you have done nothing wrong. When you are no longer with us, people can mourn you and complain about those who abused their power when you were clearly doing nothing wrong.
I don't disagree, but I understand how one might not immediately react in a calm, logical manner if their door were kicked down and men with rifles came charging in their home. I doubt many people that have been shot during swatting pranks reacted the way they did consciously, more likely it was a panicked reaction before they even realized what exactly what going on.

For this reason, swatting should be considered attempted murder and the prankster should have the appropriate corresponding charges brought against them.
Old 06-06-18, 04:41 PM
All American

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
Once the service pistol or rifle is brandished, putting your hands on your head and belly on the floor has got to be your first response. Feel free to request to see the warrant after that. But, at least this way you will get the opportunity to ask for it.
There's no warrant when a house gets swatted. It's every available officer showing up to what they think is a hostage or barricade situation. There's so much adrenaline going that the house being empty is best case scenario of nobody getting hurt.
Old 06-06-18, 05:40 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
I was short with a weak vertical. My option started like yours did, with the pump fake. Then I drew the foul, and made my free throws at about 85% rate.
Scored more points from the line than from the floor most nights.
Smart basketball is all I have to say.
Old 06-06-18, 09:11 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Pretty sure I can beat a swat stand off. Just sayin'
Old 06-06-18, 09:14 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
What happens if you kill a few swat members who just kicked down your door in a swatting Prank?
Old 06-06-18, 09:58 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Reach down to your waistband to pull up your pants just as they bust in. Make sure to have one hand suspiciously IN your waistband. Sudden moves are encouraged.
Old 06-07-18, 11:37 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
I was actually "SWATed" back in college in the early 90's. Even though that term didn't exist back then. SWAT team didn't show up either but we were in our fraternity house in our rooms on the top floor (3rd floor). Someone had come in and placed a 911 call from the second floor phone and hung up. The police station was literally a stone's throw away from our house. We had about 6 officers with guns drawn come up the fire escape and stairs clearing the rooms on the way up. Nobody else was in the house on the lower levels at that moment. It was pretty wild. As soon as we heard "police" we just froze until they came in the room to check on us.

We got a good lecture from the police officers that it wasn't funny to prank call 911 even though we didn't do it. I am not sure they bought it though.

That might have turned out different in this day & age. Especially since that city just lost two police on a 911 hangup/domestic violence call this year.
Old 06-07-18, 01:28 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I was actually "SWATed" back in college in the early 90's ..... Someone had come in and placed a 911 call from the second floor phone and hung up ....
Okay, maybe I'm not understanding the term correctly. Is this what the OP is talking about? When someone prank calls 911 and says there's a hostage situation in your house, while you're minding your own business?

To me, if you've got SWAT outside your door, you would've known by now what situation you're in.

My biggest related fear would be to have the cops execute a blitzkrieg search-warrant raid on my house in the middle of the night (busting down the door to the wrong house, of course), and me being so disoriented that I would try to fight back, thinking it's a couple of house-jackers - and get arrested for resisting arrest when I wasn't even aware who I was resisting.
Old 06-07-18, 02:04 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
Okay, maybe I'm not understanding the term correctly. Is this what the OP is talking about? When someone prank calls 911 and says there's a hostage situation in your house, while you're minding your own business?

To me, if you've got SWAT outside your door, you would've known by now what situation you're in.

My biggest related fear would be to have the cops execute a blitzkrieg search-warrant raid on my house in the middle of the night (busting down the door to the wrong house, of course), and me being so disoriented that I would try to fight back, thinking it's a couple of house-jackers - and get arrested for resisting arrest when I wasn't even aware who I was resisting.
here is a link to the story regarding David Hogg.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...kland-shooting
Old 06-08-18, 08:23 AM
All American

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
There's no warrant when a house gets swatted. It's every available officer showing up to what they think is a hostage or barricade situation. There's so much adrenaline going that the house being empty is best case scenario of nobody getting hurt.
How am I supposed to know there's no warrant without asking?
Old 06-08-18, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:

First part obviously, key word hope. 2nd part nobody suggests and dumb comment. As others have noted "in our current climate" you can also get shot no matter what and oh well. Somebody gets 2 weeks paid leave, taxpayers pony up a million bucks, and everyone moves on.
Old 06-08-18, 01:29 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
First part obviously, key word hope. 2nd part nobody suggests and dumb comment. As others have noted "in our current climate" you can also get shot no matter what and oh well. Somebody gets 2 weeks paid leave, taxpayers pony up a million bucks, and everyone moves on.
Yeah because those dang cops are so bloodthirsty, they just will kill because they can
Old 06-08-18, 01:32 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
I don't think they show up and announce their presence.

Quote:
In that scenario you're likely spending some time in the hospital or you're dead.
Old 06-08-18, 01:42 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
"In our current climate"

That is the best quote I've ever seen on this site. It completely captures the American experience today.

We are bombarded by news stories covering 330 MILLION people and we extrapolate all those isolated incidences to be the "norm."

Much like the guy in Alaska that thinks it's snowing in the Everglades because in HIS "current climate" it is snowing.
Old 06-08-18, 01:50 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Yeah because those dang cops are so bloodthirsty, they just will kill because they can
Uhh yeah, I don't think that's what Neo and Zuna were talking about. **** happens. Dangerous situation. Would definitely want pranksters prosecuted to the fullest extent.

But yes I do imply the existence of a heavily armed adrenaline rush shoot first mentality. In some or few cases.
Old 06-08-18, 01:52 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uhh yeah, I don't think that's what Neo and Zuna were talking about. **** happens. Dangerous situation. Would definitely want pranksters prosecuted to the fullest extent.

But yes I do imply the existence of a heavily armed adrenaline rush shoot first mentality. In some or few cases.
Im quite sure you do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: