Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-07-18, 03:47 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
If cars can drive themselves, eventually there will be farms that run themselves. We'll even have robots jumping the border illegally.
Old 06-07-18, 03:58 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
I said innovation cant replace all jobs.
I know you did. Tyler said I somehow was suggesting all jobs can be replaced by innovation.

I never said that either.
Old 06-07-18, 03:59 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post

Also do you think other factors besides innovation played a role?
Played a role in what exactly?
Old 06-07-18, 04:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Given what we know about IndianDad in the Reds Forum, it should come to no surprise he's a moron when it comes to politics as well.
Good for you Taco. In your desperation to prove me wrong you managed to find a country (Luxemburg) that has 345,000 workers deriving 85% of their GDP from investment banking from outside their country.

You win. The Luxemburg worker is the most productive in the world...
Old 06-07-18, 04:18 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
So in order to dispute that not all jobs can be replaced by innovation you point to 100+ years of innovation in farming and the fact that there's still 3 million farmers?
lol, you can't be serious. Do you think we produce less food today than we did 100 years ago? Of course not, machines have made fewer workers necessary. And as for the landscape industry, we have seen the same thing, where mowers have gotten bigger and more efficient, along with mulch blowing machines where 2 guys can do the work of 20.
Old 06-07-18, 04:18 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Good for you Taco. In your desperation to prove me wrong you managed to find a country (Luxemburg) that has 345,000 workers deriving 85% of their GDP from investment banking from outside their country.

Iíve already admitted it isnít perfect. Itís still significantly better than your uninformed, no evidence based opinion.
Old 06-07-18, 04:39 PM
All World

Quote:
Iíve already admitted it isnít perfect. Itís still significantly better than your uninformed, no evidence based opinion.
You're right again Taco. I should rely on totally unbiased journalist to write articles that I can link to to prove a point.
Using actual statistics from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics without a bias is just plain stupid.

Please forgive my stupidity.
Old 06-07-18, 06:27 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Obviously you have never worked with a Mexican roofer...
Old 06-08-18, 06:52 AM
All World

Quote:
You're right again Taco. I should rely on totally unbiased journalist to write articles that I can link to to prove a point.
Using actual statistics from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics without a bias is just plain stupid.

Please forgive my stupidity.
Those statistics don't prove American workers are the most productive and efficient workers in the world. They don't compare the same numbers from other countries. So yeah, it is just plain stupid.

That's like saying "The MLS is most popular sport in America." And then listing the MLS's TV ratings to support your claim while not listing tv rating numbers from the NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA.
Old 06-08-18, 07:05 AM
All American

Quote:
Those statistics don't prove American workers are the most productive and efficient workers in the world. They don't compare the same numbers from other countries. So yeah, it is just plain stupid.

That's like saying "The MLS is most popular sport in America." And then listing the MLS's TV ratings to support your claim while not listing tv rating numbers from the NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA.
It's interesting that about 10 years ago, we did lead the world. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-work...st-productive/

Hmmm, I wonder what happened during that time that caused our decline?
Old 06-08-18, 07:14 AM
All American

It is way too simplistic to look at the value of what is produced compared to the hours it takes to produce it and then conclude who is more productive. The only way to make a valid comparison would be to have them all produce the exact same thing. Which of course isn't remotely the case when you use GDP.
Old 06-08-18, 07:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
It's interesting that about 10 years ago, we did lead the world. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-work...st-productive/

Hmmm, I wonder what happened during that time that caused our decline?
Looks like France led America from 1994-2003, before the US took over. Curious to see if there's a similar trend between the two countries that saw a decline.
Old 06-09-18, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My initial guess would be Japanese.

Edit:
http://time.com/4621185/worker-productivity-countries/ - Americans 5th most productive. Luxembourg, Ireland, Norway and Belgium come in before the US. This is based on the country's GDP per hour worked. They even have in the article "countering claims that Americans are the most productive workers in the world." lol
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-m...pert-market-13 - this one has USA 6th.
So we are the most productive among economies that actually matter.
Old 06-09-18, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Basically we'd rather enable our own lack of work ethic and complain about it, than compete with harder workers. Lol. I suppose you could increase wages 50%, 75%, 100%, and make food much more expensive for everyone, but, you still are not getting reliable workers to pick fruit and dig holes, sorry. It's a nice fantasy though.

Immigrants fill a vital role in our economy. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant. No other way to put it. And before any Trumpers say they love immigrants just not illegal ones, please. Certainly not the message coming from this POTUS, WH, or base.
You certainly got the message as you cited it
Old 06-09-18, 09:45 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
FIFY

Illegals wouldn't register. Legal 'green' card holders are already on a data base somewhere.

These summer jobs should be held by high school and college kids to offset
their college debt. Instead of owing 75K in loans they may only have 50K
in debt.

That being said, I know a guy that can't get good help from students because
they won't put down their damn phone and do some work.

:>---

EGA
Exactly what one of my sons is doing. $13/hr, $19.50/hr after 40hrs. Should take him down to zero when combined with me picking up his subsidized loans at graduation.
Old 06-09-18, 10:17 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Exactly what one of my sons is doing. $13/hr, $19.50/hr after 40hrs. Should take him down to zero when combined with me picking up his subsidized loans at graduation.
With a shortage of workers, the drive to engage with high school and college age workers should increase. Even if they don't pay them more money, setting up on campus and trying to encourage them to work could be one of the positive outcomes of removing illegal immigrant workers.
Old 06-09-18, 10:32 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
... I know a guy that can't get good help from students because they won't put down their damn phone and do some work.
Why should they? They donít need to worry about work and making money because they know Dad will foot their cell phone and student loan bills.
Old 06-10-18, 10:26 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
I understand every generation was/is Uber tougher than the previous.

As many of you know I am in the construction business and am very concerned about where we are heading. I'd say 90% of city kids are absolutely worthless these days. Even poor kids because unlike in my youth today's poor folks have everything (phones, food, TVs). Is what they lack is ANY kind of work ethic. It is as if every day is a miserable day that they will try to get through in order to make money. It is not looked at as a career, where learning and honing in on special skills makes you more money.

We target country kids, farm kids, for a reason.

And I would hire any Mexican or Vietnamese immigrant (as long as they are legal) any day of the week because they are hungry and appreciate decent pay.
Old 06-20-18, 01:04 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
ICE arrested 146 workers at Ohio's Fresh Mark meat plant

Quote:
ICE arrested 146 people accused of entering the country illegally during a Tuesday afternoon raid at a Ohio owned meat packaging plant, federal authorities said.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's and Homeland Security agents executed a search warrant about 4 p.m. at the Fresh Mark, a meat processing plant, and arrested the employees for immigration violations, according to an ICE news release.

The employees were arrested at the meat supplier's Salem location. Search warrants were also executed for documents at the Fresh Mark's two locations in Massillon on Cloverleaf Street and South way Street, authorities said.
Read more:
https://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...ers_at_oh.html
Old 06-20-18, 02:17 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Drove right by it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: