Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-01-18, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
Auburn isn't terrible but we shouldn't act like they are a powerhouse.
That's fine, so you would say it's not a bad loss for Bama? Rivalry game on the road and their only loss of the season.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-18, 07:09 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Stop crying about the CFP decision. No teams made a great case for #4. Ohio State has been on the verge three times and gotten in twice. That's a good percentage. It doesn't work out for you every single time
Old 01-01-18, 07:14 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Stop crying about the CFP decision. No teams made a great case for #4. Ohio State has been on the verge three times and gotten in twice. That's a good percentage. It doesn't work out for you every single time
+1 I’m a huge OSU fan and the #4 spot clearly was debatable, but you can’t be mad OSU missed out. They had one horrible loss and two total. They should have won games by a wider margin on multiple occasions (Michigan, Wisconsin, USC) but their offense and primarily QB are not that great. They have the talent to be better than they were, but the personnel decisions didn’t allow them to play to their potential. Be glad with another 12 win season, I honestly am. Next year should be a great year for OSU and they should have a fighting chance at a playoff berth and National Championship.

It’s time to move on. I personally am enjoying the Big 10 having a great bowl season and the SEC having a horrible one. Be merry.
Old 01-01-18, 07:15 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Dobbins has the potential to be in the Heisman conversation, if they would just give him the ball.
Old 01-01-18, 07:17 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Stop crying about the CFP decision. No teams made a great case for #4.
I think UCF would beg to differ. Only a pro-SEC bias, and an anti-Group of Five bias kept them out.

I really don't care who else you put in, but it shouldn't have been Alabama.
Old 01-01-18, 07:19 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I doubt you argued for UCF before the game today.
Old 01-01-18, 07:48 PM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I doubt you argued for UCF before the game today.
I'm practically the only person on this board who has consistently said the Group of Five absolutely deserves an automatic bid if/when there is an expansion of the CFP to 8 teams. I'm totally in favor of the non-Power 5 schools getting a fair shot.
Old 01-01-18, 08:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
This is the crux of the argument. It doesn't matter to the CFP committee when it should be absolutely paramount. Otherwise, teams are incentivized to play garbage non-conference schedules, just like Alabama did this year.
That's fine. I actually agree with you, but that doesn't make the Committee wrong.
Old 01-02-18, 12:18 AM
All American

falguin is on a distinguished road
Ohio State had no business being in the playoff. Losing to Oklahoma was the Buckeyes first problem. After watching OU blow the Rose Bowl and looking at how poor its defense was, I can't believe that OSU lost that badly to that team. It just snows that they were not ready for that game. Then the Iowa game is unfathomable. There is no way the Bucks should have gotten beaten that badly by that team. The team that did belong in the playoffs and proved it today was UCF. After watching them, I thought that team was definitely better than OU and maybe even Bama. Bama looks healthy and that has made them a lot better. But UCF's offense would give anyone fits. That Auburn game was not even close. The score was not indicative of how dominant UCF was. I would not have said UCF was better than Clemson before the playoff, but I didn't see Clemson except against Miami, but clearly Miami had one great game in them against ND, and they quickly fell off. UCF's QB is way better than Bryant. That alone tells me that UCF could beat these teams.
Old 01-02-18, 12:20 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm practically the only person on this board who has consistently said the Group of Five absolutely deserves an automatic bid if/when there is an expansion of the CFP to 8 teams. I'm totally in favor of the non-Power 5 schools getting a fair shot.
There won’t be before 2026
Old 01-02-18, 12:21 AM
All American

Quote:
I think UCF would beg to differ. Only a pro-SEC bias, and an anti-Group of Five bias kept them out.

I really don't care who else you put in, but it shouldn't have been Alabama.
Right the more then likely National champ shouldn’t have been in the playoff.
Old 01-02-18, 12:23 AM
All Yappi

I would have liked to see UCF have a chance, but I think they lose to any of the 4 teams that were selected.
Old 01-02-18, 12:33 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I would have liked to see UCF have a chance, but I think they lose to any of the 4 teams that were selected.
Hard to say they automatically lose. UCF looks very much like OU. UCF would give Bama fits with the balance on offense it has. Plus, didn't Auburn beat Bama at home? UCF took it to Auburn and should have won by at least thirteen points. They should get more respect.
Old 01-02-18, 12:35 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
Ohio State had no business being in the playoff. Losing to Oklahoma was the Buckeyes first problem. After watching OU blow the Rose Bowl and looking at how poor its defense was, I can't believe that OSU lost that badly to that team. It just snows that they were not ready for that game. Then the Iowa game is unfathomable. There is no way the Bucks should have gotten beaten that badly by that team. The team that did belong in the playoffs and proved it today was UCF. After watching them, I thought that team was definitely better than OU and maybe even Bama. Bama looks healthy and that has made them a lot better. But UCF's offense would give anyone fits. That Auburn game was not even close. The score was not indicative of how dominant UCF was. I would not have said UCF was better than Clemson before the playoff, but I didn't see Clemson except against Miami, but clearly Miami had one great game in them against ND, and they quickly fell off. UCF's QB is way better than Bryant. That alone tells me that UCF could beat these teams.
I would be surprised if UCF didn't beat Clemson. I also think UCF would stay toe to toe with Oklahoma in a shootout. While both Bama & Georgia would be favored to beat UCF, today's game against Auburn showed it's not out of the realm of possibility that UCF upsets either of those teams.
Old 01-02-18, 12:37 AM
All American

SECfb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
There won’t be before 2026
The thing is lot of the Ohio St fans did not even care about an 8 team playoff last year. 4 teams was all good. Wonder why
Old 01-02-18, 12:39 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Many of us thought OSU shouldn't have been in the playoff last year.
Old 01-02-18, 12:50 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Many of us thought OSU shouldn't have been in the playoff last year.
I was glad they were there, but I thought PSU was playing better than tOSU at that time. TOSU had no business beating Michigan last year and struggled against a bad MSU team. I had my doubts about them last year as I had this year. I hope some things get straightened out before the season next year.
Old 01-02-18, 05:32 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Quote:
Hard to say they automatically lose. UCF looks very much like OU. UCF would give Bama fits with the balance on offense it has. Plus, didn't Auburn beat Bama at home? UCF took it to Auburn and should have won by at least thirteen points. They should get more respect.
Pretty decent pair of posts. What's mentioned is pretty accurate. I hope Fromm can throw effectively enough often enough to take out 'Bama, and I hope Urban saw the struggles of a running QB.

What you don't mention is the UCF D. They can't hold in any of the 4 playoff teams, and the fact that they would likely be stopped more than a few times on offense means they lose. It would have been a more fun night-cap to watch, though.
Old 01-02-18, 05:32 AM
All Yappi

kent16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really don't think auburn got up for this game.. UCF would get rolled by bama and uga... Their defense is awful and literally can't stop anybody.. It was evident from the get go in that game that Auburn wasn't 2 excited to be in the peach bowl.. The UCF qb was 4/17 at half
Old 01-02-18, 08:11 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Clemson vs Alabama looked like Ohio State vs Clemson last year. Offense was abysmal and sure defenses deserve credit but in both cases offenses were just awful.
Old 01-02-18, 08:29 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
The thing is lot of the Ohio St fans did not even care about an 8 team playoff last year. 4 teams was all good. Wonder why
this is BS ... I have said all along that there should be an 8 team playoff ... with 5 automatic bids to conference champs and one automatic bid to the top rated non-power 5 team ... with two at-large picks. The first round games played in the region of the higher seed ... not automatically in the south or west ... have the committee select the two at large and rank the position of the others.
Old 01-02-18, 08:45 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
this is BS ... I have said all along that there should be an 8 team playoff ... with 5 automatic bids to conference champs and one automatic bid to the top rated non-power 5 team ... with two at-large picks. The first round games played in the region of the higher seed ... not automatically in the south or west ... have the committee select the two at large and rank the position of the others.
I said a lot of their fans, not everyone
Relax!
Old 01-02-18, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Oh please we cared and every OSU fan I knew understood that last year we got lucky getting in. The need for an 8 team playoff should be obvious to even a rock. The solution is so simple that it makes me think the folks in charge of college football are criminally negligent or if they're SEC fans understand that the COMMITTEE is dangerously close to expanding the SEC's automatic bid to TWO automatic bids. Hell, if the B1G got such favoritism I might be on board with the status quo!

As others have noted this would work just fine:

My version, and a whole lot of other peoples, would be:

* 8 teams get in with automatic bids going to the P5 conference champions.

* An automatic bid for the highest ranking NON P5 school as determined by the COMMITTEE.

* Two wild card teams chosen from among the remaining P5 conference members.

* Seeding to be decided by the COMMITTEE.

* To further enhance the regular season, the top 4 seeded teams would get HOME GAMES for round one of the playoffs.

There, a perfectly rational playoff system which still will give fans all sorts of things to argue about such as the COMMITTEE'S seedings and selecting the highest ranked non P5 team. The regular season will not lose one iota of it's value as the ONLY sure way to make the playoffs will be to win your conference. In fact this format will enhance the value of making it to and winning a conference championship game, turning the games into de facto playoff games! And college football would soon learn that earning a HOME game in round one of the playoffs will be critical. I would love to see Oklahoma or Bama or Clemson playing at Camp Randal in December (or for that matter at Penn State or Ohio State or anyone north of the Mason Dixon line).
Old 01-02-18, 12:35 PM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Right the more then likely National champ shouldn’t have been in the playoff.
Doubtful. I don't think Bama can count on UGA imploding with two careless INTs the way Clemson did.

I don't think any reasonable person out there could possibly say that UCF wouldn't have a chance against Alabama with the anemic offense the Tide have this year.
Old 01-02-18, 02:53 PM
All American

Quote:
Doubtful. I don't think Bama can count on UGA imploding with two careless INTs the way Clemson did.

I don't think any reasonable person out there could possibly say that UCF wouldn't have a chance against Alabama with the anemic offense the Tide have this year.
Right it was Clemson imploding not Bama’s D.
You do realize that was UCF’s super bowl and just another game for Auburn right ?
Bama would shut out UCF. Clemson had a hard time getting first downs last night and you honestly think UCF would do better ? LMAO
Old 01-02-18, 03:08 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
A couple of thoughts... If Alabama defeats Georgia does that mean that the 3rd best team in the SEC won the national championship and therefore cements the thought of many that the SEC is the strongest conference in the universe? Does it mean that Georgia will have to relinquish the SEC championship?
As for the suggestion that the first four seeded teams in an eight team play-off scenario should have a home game...Right do you honestly believe any school from the SEC would agree to a game in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio or Pennsylvania in December?
Old 01-02-18, 03:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
A couple of thoughts... If Alabama defeats Georgia does that mean that the 3rd best team in the SEC won the national championship and therefore cements the thought of many that the SEC is the strongest conference in the universe? Does it mean that Georgia will have to relinquish the SEC championship?
As for the suggestion that the first four seeded teams in an eight team play-off scenario should have a home game...Right do you honestly believe any school from the SEC would agree to a game in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio or Pennsylvania in December?
Who in the hell would want to come up to that ugly part of United States in the middle of the Winter
Old 01-02-18, 03:36 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Who in the hell would want to come up to that ugly part of United States in the middle of the Winter
Who would want to see your inbred butt up here anyway. Go back to your sister.
Old 01-02-18, 03:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
Who would want to see your inbred butt up here anyway. Go back to your sister.
First I am already stuck up here
Second I don't have a sister. So fail
Old 01-02-18, 03:50 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
My sister is my mother.