Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-30-18, 12:59 PM
Varsity

NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Trumbull/Mahoning coaching vacancies

Now that the regular season is over for most schools in the Valley, does anyone anticipate any coaching vacancies to open up? Any surprise step-downs? Obvious resignations? What's everyone hearing?

Edit: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-18, 02:15 PM
All American

hoophi55
Ursuline would be an early target. Not sure of the Mineral Ridge situation. MRidge coach does 1 game, health concerns, then an assistant takes over as head coach. Sebring will be looking for a coach . Who will be the Chaney coach?
Old 10-30-18, 02:17 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Ridge’s coach is not coming back, already been reported. Whether they just hire the interim guy who knows.
Old 10-30-18, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
If this were only based on football I'm sure a bunch of jobs would be open.

But it isn't.
Old 10-30-18, 05:38 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Chris Amill will be the Chaney coach
Old 10-30-18, 06:55 PM
All American

hoophi55
Thanks nupanther
Old 10-30-18, 07:11 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Yes Amill is the Chaney coach
Old 10-31-18, 10:37 AM
All American

hoophi55
Ttt
Old 10-31-18, 11:05 AM
Varsity

NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
What about Poland? After going 5-0 they lose the last 4/5 games. Should Williams be on the hot seat or has he done enough throughout his tenure since he’s taken over for Brungard?

Also, if Ursuline decides to go in another direction, who are some names to look out for? Will Boosters play a huge role in who takes over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-18, 11:07 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
What about Poland? After going 5-0 they lose the last 4/5 games. Should Williams be on the hot seat or has he done enough throughout his tenure since he’s taken over for Brungard?

Also, if Ursuline decides to go in another direction, who are some names to look out for? Will Boosters play a huge role in who takes over?

Poland isn’t the same as they were with brigade, but he is a master when it comes to high school football I wouldn’t be surprised he’s back at Poland when his kids graduate.

Ursuline should have fired kempe 5 years ago, he has to have something over someone’s head over there
Old 10-31-18, 11:17 AM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Sebring if they look for a new coach. Cant imagine the candidate pool will be large. Why would anyone want to inflict career suicide on themselves?

Wellsville could be looking, they gave Leetonia their first league win in 4 years, I believe.

Last edited by guyinahoodie; 10-31-18 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-31-18, 11:21 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
Good luck top Sebring if they look for a new coach. Cant imagine the candidate pool will be large. Why would anyone want to inflict career suicide on themselves?

Wellsville could be looking, they gave Leetonia their first league win in 4 years, I believe.
I think they may be looking for a coach because Palmer might be going elsewhere. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ridge hires him.
Old 10-31-18, 11:47 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I think they may be looking for a coach because Palmer might be going elsewhere. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ridge hires him.
Is he a Ridge guy, because I don't see any other reason why they would want to...
Old 10-31-18, 11:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Is he a Ridge guy, because I don't see any other reason why they would want to...
Yeah he played at Ridge in the early 2000s before going to YSU (he was a kicker). Not sure what his coaching credentials are before sebring, but Ridge isn’t exactly a hot job coming off 2-8 and only 20 or so kids on roster. Hopefully whoever is hired can rejuvenate that program
Old 10-31-18, 11:59 AM
All Region

Quote:
Yeah he played at Ridge in the early 2000s before going to YSU (he was a kicker). Not sure what his coaching credentials are before sebring, but Ridge isn’t exactly a hot job coming off 2-8 and only 20 or so kids on roster. Hopefully whoever is hired can rejuvenate that program
Yes, you top 3 in the MVAC need some Harbin help from the remaining teams. Shame that teams like Springfield and Reserve are sitting home week 11.
Old 10-31-18, 12:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Yes, you top 3 in the MVAC need some Harbin help from the remaining teams. Shame that teams like Springfield and Reserve are sitting home week 11.
Well that and Ridge always seemed to be a solid program and they had a string of good teams for about a decade (02-12) before just falling off and now a doormat. Ridge is McDonald’s “rival” and I believe they have the longest rivalry in Trumbull county playing continuously with no breaks and it was sad seeing how few Ridge people showed up and that the game was 41-0 in the 2nd quarter.
Old 10-31-18, 12:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
Well that and Ridge always seemed to be a solid program and they had a string of good teams for about a decade (02-12) before just falling off and now a doormat. Ridge is McDonald’s “rival” and I believe they have the longest rivalry in Trumbull county playing continuously with no breaks and it was sad seeing how few Ridge people showed up and that the game was 41-0 in the 2nd quarter.
That is a shame. I grew up in Louisville, so didn't get much familiarity with them until moving to Columbaina. Since I've been there, Ridge has struggled. Of course, you could say the same about my alma mater St Thomas too. When we're good, we're really good and when we're bad, we're really bad!
Old 10-31-18, 02:44 PM
Varsity

TheBlueMan is on a distinguished road
Offense gets you fired, Kempe has always been a defensive guy and always will. I don't know how much longer they'll keep him aboard.
Old 10-31-18, 02:54 PM
All Ohio

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueMan View Post
Offense gets you fired, Kempe has always been a defensive guy and always will. I don't know how much longer they'll keep him aboard.
And THEEE #1 toughest schedule in the state of Ohio doesn’t help.
Old 10-31-18, 06:15 PM
Freshman

Fan12 is on a distinguished road
The rumor I heard is that they'll hire the Interim guy at Ridge. He's a teacher there, so I wouldn't be surprised. Not sure what they'd accomplish hiring Palmer out of Sebring - I haven't seen an improvement on his squad from year 1 to year 2.
Old 10-31-18, 06:29 PM
Varsity

cinco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
And THEEE #1 toughest schedule in the state of Ohio doesn’t help.
This is a big factor. They need to really tone down the schedule, but locally they will not have many takers. It's been said before, but Ursuline has weeded out some of the "students" they accepted in the past. I hear Kempe is a great guy and I'm sure this is weighing on him. Bottom line is the talent is not there. It's not like he's misusing it from what I hear. Ask the South siders, they are going through a talent drought as well, just not as bad. When you factor in some city schools starting to have success with decent coaching, this drought may last quite awhile.
Old 10-31-18, 06:45 PM
All Ohio

ICBM is on a distinguished road
The demise of elementary parochials chips away at the kids who continue on to parochial high schools as well. And the elephant in the room, the cost of a private education in a financially strapped community. And I think the “sponsor” money has dried up for a lot of parochials across the state. Not all, but many.
Old 10-31-18, 07:39 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
The demise of elementary parochials chips away at the kids who continue on to parochial high schools as well. And the elephant in the room, the cost of a private education in a financially strapped community. And I think the “sponsor” money has dried up for a lot of parochials across the state. Not all, but many.

Also there are better public school options in the area. For example a kid that can go to Ursuline or Hubbard will probably choose Hubbard these days. No brainer. If the city schools keep it up Ursuline and Mooney will be dead in the water. But don’t count on east and Chaney being as successful when they both have varsity teams. There won’t be an last second enrollments.

Old 10-31-18, 07:40 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It’s their own fault. Wanted to join a league with a bunch of bottom feeders

Old 11-01-18, 01:15 AM
All World

Quote:
I agree with Springfield, but WR didn’t belong this year imo but Springfield def did
Old 11-01-18, 01:41 AM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spread all day View Post
it’s their own fault. Wanted to join a league with a bunch of bottom feeders

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
amen
Old 11-01-18, 03:16 AM
All World

Mvac can gladly have Jefferson and Campbell from our schedule, if either team won one game the cats would be in week 11 at 7-3 but that’s just how it goes sometimes. Rather have a bye lol
Old 11-01-18, 06:56 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
It’s their own fault. Wanted to join a league with a bunch of bottom feeders

When the ITCL imploded, teams were quick to find a home so they weren't left out as independents. Give the EOAC and MVAC another year, and changes will occur yet again.
Old 11-01-18, 09:42 AM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
When the ITCL imploded, teams were quick to find a home so they weren't left out as independents. Give the EOAC and MVAC another year, and changes will occur yet again.
Banging the drum, too? How much longer do you think the D7 "bottom teams" will take the beatings?
Old 11-01-18, 10:21 AM
Varsity

Dfoxfan37 is on a distinguished road
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Williams replaced at Poland. Collapse vs Struthers which was part of a 2nd half of the season collapse. Back to back running clock losses to their rivals doesn’t help either.