Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-26-18, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

MCGal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
I enjoyed this too and thought the introduction of the whisperers was the shot in the arm the series needed.... the series is still getting killed by critics, I don't get it.
Old 11-26-18, 11:33 AM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
So glad I've been able to get back on board with TWD. This has been the best half season since 3a, IMO.

I really liked how they introduced the whisperers. Seeing that whisperer dodge Jesus' sword was a wow...wtf moment for me (and I knew what the whisperers were), though would have been better if he were facing the whisperer and he saw the sword swipe coming. I'd have to go back and watch again but I think the whisperer had his back to him, so not sure how he saw it happening. Agreed on the creep factor as mentioned above. I hope they build on that.

Still too predictable with the deaths. When they focused on Jesus watching the herd meander around before they cut away, I suspected he might die. Then when he offered to go off on his own to try to lure the herd away, i knew it was curtains for that character.

Not sure how I feel about Negan escaping. Seemed kind of lame. I think I'd much rather him find a weak spot at the window or overpower someone when they change his linens or bed pan. But, if he has been rehabilitated, then I guess we can expect the group to get his help in what is likely a new fight with the newest villain. I just hope we don't get a rebirth of the saviors.

And yes, they need to bring us up to speed on what happened between the communities that has caused so much angst among them.
Old 11-26-18, 03:56 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22 View Post
Jesus rising from the dead?
Negan escaping at the end. Not interested in that storyline again. The only interesting things that could happen with him would be for him to disappear or to be rehabilitated. I don't want to see him as the arch-villain anymore. Also don't want the "is he good or is he bad storyline."
Old 11-26-18, 04:43 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Negan escaping at the end. Not interested in that storyline again. The only interesting things that could happen with him would be for him to disappear or to be rehabilitated. I don't want to see him as the arch-villain anymore. Also don't want the "is he good or is he bad storyline."
I agree 100%. Told my wife last night it would be very cool if Negan became a good guy but I certainly do not want to see this long drawn out back & fourth that we have come to see from every villain thus far.
Old 11-26-18, 05:03 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I agree 100%. Told my wife last night it would be very cool if Negan became a good guy but I certainly do not want to see this long drawn out back & fourth that we have come to see from every villain thus far.
I suspect that he may become half a good guy. That is he's still Negan but will see the Whiperers as a threat to the living more grave then the dead. If they do it right it could be a lot of fun as Negan "helps" out.
Old 11-27-18, 07:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I suspect that he may become half a good guy. That is he's still Negan but will see the Whiperers as a threat to the living more grave then the dead. If they do it right it could be a lot of fun as Negan "helps" out.
Agree. And I think everyone also would agree that the "Negan" character played by Jeffery Dean Morgan is awesome. I'd love to see it go the way you describe.
Old 02-10-19, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

It's BACK! New episode of the walking dead tonight at 9:00. I'm actually looking forward to it. I thought they took the series in the right direction last season.
Old 02-10-19, 11:27 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reminder. Set up my Record right now in case I forget.
Old 02-11-19, 09:53 AM
All Yappi

Nice kickoff to the 2nd half of the season. They've moved a lot of pieces into place and have introduced a truly sinister and strange adversary. Done right, the Negan/Judith interactions have the potential to be show stealers every time they're on.

I've got to say I didn't expect the Walking dead to be able to turn things around the way they have. IMO they've rescued the series with the relaunch.
Old 02-11-19, 09:59 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
How long was Negan locked up? I'm guessing at least 6 years given Judith is at least 8 now.
Old 02-11-19, 01:28 PM
All Yappi

It was 6 years.

Season 9 has been really good so far. Love the creep factor the whisperers bring.
Old 02-11-19, 06:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
It was 6 years.

Season 9 has been really good so far. Love the creep factor the whisperers bring.
"Creepy" is a great word to describe the whisperers. Now it's a lot more interesting whenever they come up against a group of the undead as you never know which is which.

BTW, I liked how Daryl solved the problem when he wasn't sure who was dead and who was just posing when he got into a confrontation.
Old 02-11-19, 09:28 PM
All World

They did an excellent job of making Negan look older. He definitely looks 6 years removed (skinnier and more grey). Heck of swing he still has though.

So does Judith have Negan's heart? He was going to keep "Big Richie" as his pet or a weapon of some sorts and then decided to kill him after reading JG on the back of the compass. It will be very interesting to see his arc. I'm hoping some redemption with some kick-arse against Whisperers.

Speaking of which, the Whisperers make for good comic book stuff but they do not make much sense. People need supplies and shelter. If they have those things I guess I get it but I just have no seen it. Walking around with walkers all day and night is meaningless.

Will agree that the show has reinvented itself. Unsure if I'd be watching anymore without Darryl and Negan. Ya think Darryl and the kid are setting up the captive Whisperer to talk? Her mom running the show?
Old 02-12-19, 07:55 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I watched the "special" rehash before the new episode and still get a kick out of the Steve McQueen reference of Negan as the "Cooler King" (bouncing the baseball off the wall for you guys under 40). As far as the new episode is concerned, I like the Whispers. My guess is that they must have a camp somewhere and use the walkers as a mode of travel and as a weapon against other communities. It's not a big jump from smearing on gore to wearing a flesh mask.
Old 02-12-19, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
"Creepy" is a great word to describe the whisperers. Now it's a lot more interesting whenever they come up against a group of the undead as you never know which is which.

BTW, I liked how Daryl solved the problem when he wasn't sure who was dead and who was just posing when he got into a confrontation.
I was wondering, when Darryl shot the walker, why didn't the whisperers charge after Darryl, knowing what was coming? They likely could have ambushed him before he loaded another bolt. He had backup, so it likely would have ended in their demise, but walking waiting for a bolt in the leg was probably the last thing I would have done.

Agreed, though, loved how he handled it and that scene was great. The other two whisperers were like, ok plan change.
Old 02-12-19, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
They did an excellent job of making Negan look older. He definitely looks 6 years removed (skinnier and more grey). Heck of swing he still has though.

So does Judith have Negan's heart? He was going to keep "Big Richie" as his pet or a weapon of some sorts and then decided to kill him after reading JG on the back of the compass. It will be very interesting to see his arc. I'm hoping some redemption with some kick-arse against Whisperers.

Speaking of which, the Whisperers make for good comic book stuff but they do not make much sense. People need supplies and shelter. If they have those things I guess I get it but I just have no seen it. Walking around with walkers all day and night is meaningless.

Will agree that the show has reinvented itself. Unsure if I'd be watching anymore without Darryl and Negan. Ya think Darryl and the kid are setting up the captive Whisperer to talk? Her mom running the show?
I think we will get some redemption with Negan and he will become a factor in dealing with the whisperers. I look forward to seeing JDM in a more serious role. I just felt they had him overact the part of "big and bad" Negan.

One of the best scenes of the episode was when Negan found himself back where he bashed Glenn and Abe. Not convinced completely it was a moment of regret, but his reaction and pause to reflect on what happens has me thinking he's on the road to redemption. The whole Negan story from this episode was well done.

It was announced recently that Michonne is leaving the show. She will appear occasionally in season 10 and that's it. Rumor has it she will join Rick and film the movies of whatever is happening with Rick, wherever he is. And that makes me wonder, how come nobody else ever sees that helicopter?

Anyway, with this news, it has me wondering what will happen with Judith and who will watch over her. Plenty of people that can and will (and she really doesn't need it apparently), but they have begun building a relationship between Negan and JG (started back when Negan was Mr. Baddie and he was holding JG on the porch of Rick's home, a little foreshadowing there perhaps), setting up a close relationship between the 2 in the future.
Old 02-12-19, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I'll give the show a couple of more episodes to flesh out how exactly the Whisperers set-up works. I think they're doing the right thing to keep them as mysterious as possible and to drag out any reveals over several episodes. It makes them more menacing as we don't know their resources & capabilities.
Old 02-12-19, 10:05 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
I watched the "special" rehash before the new episode and still get a kick out of the Steve McQueen reference of Negan as the "Cooler King" (bouncing the baseball off the wall for you guys under 40). As far as the new episode is concerned, I like the Whispers. My guess is that they must have a camp somewhere and use the walkers as a mode of travel and as a weapon against other communities. It's not a big jump from smearing on gore to wearing a flesh mask.
I get that. But wearing walker guts in a pinch is one thing. Walking around with walkers all day seems meaningless and a waste of resources. Again, I just have not seen enough.

And I got the reference. My brother and I used to argue as to who was a better "wheelman" due directly to McQueen.
Old 02-12-19, 10:07 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
I think we will get some redemption with Negan and he will become a factor in dealing with the whisperers. I look forward to seeing JDM in a more serious role. I just felt they had him overact the part of "big and bad" Negan.

One of the best scenes of the episode was when Negan found himself back where he bashed Glenn and Abe. Not convinced completely it was a moment of regret, but his reaction and pause to reflect on what happens has me thinking he's on the road to redemption. The whole Negan story from this episode was well done.

It was announced recently that Michonne is leaving the show. She will appear occasionally in season 10 and that's it. Rumor has it she will join Rick and film the movies of whatever is happening with Rick, wherever he is. And that makes me wonder, how come nobody else ever sees that helicopter?

Anyway, with this news, it has me wondering what will happen with Judith and who will watch over her. Plenty of people that can and will (and she really doesn't need it apparently), but they have begun building a relationship between Negan and JG (started back when Negan was Mr. Baddie and he was holding JG on the porch of Rick's home, a little foreshadowing there perhaps), setting up a close relationship between the 2 in the future.
Michonne leaving would not bother me one bit. She was cool when she did not talk and think so much.

Negan and Judith would be one interesting path. One I would really like. Wonder how Darryl and Negan will get along? Does time heal?

Either way, definitely excited for the show more now than I have been in years.
Old 02-12-19, 10:08 AM
All World

Quote:
I'll give the show a couple of more episodes to flesh out how exactly the Whisperers set-up works. I think they're doing the right thing to keep them as mysterious as possible and to drag out any reveals over several episodes. It makes them more menacing as we don't know their resources & capabilities.
Agree.
Old 02-17-19, 11:17 PM
All World

Pretty cool open.

Hommage to Breaking Bad? "Lydia oh Lydia...the tattooed lady" sung by ma whisperer to her daughter. The same song was used as Todd's ringtone in BB for when Lydia would call.

Definitely like where the show is going from a couple years ago. I just hope the whisperer thing is not drug out to an overly long degree and Negan is used to help kick their arse.

Last edited by irish_buffalo; 02-18-19 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-18-19, 01:59 PM
All World

I enjoyed it too. The sustainment issue of the Whisperers was somewhat resolved with the explanation that they have a camp and apparently they eat worms and horses. Yum!
Old 02-18-19, 04:21 PM
All District

ndforever1967 is on a distinguished road
In the final episode last season, we heard one of the dead in the herd speak.

I am somewhat disappointed the dead are not evolving, as we were led to believe.

The Whisperers are intriguing, and appear to be a legit problem. I do like the back story. But in the end, they are just another group that poses a threat.
Old 02-18-19, 06:44 PM
All Yappi

So far so good. Solid episode. Though it almost jumped the shark with the newcomers deciding to go out at NIGHT to try and find their friend. Seriously? Overall though as long as they can avoid more of this stuff this season is looking like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Old 02-18-19, 07:01 PM
All World

Is Maggie gone? I saw where the actress has a new gig.
Old 02-18-19, 08:16 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Is Maggie gone? I saw where the actress has a new gig.

Pretty much. The character went off to live in a cabin by herself and her son (Herschel?).

I think she's got 4-5 on screen episodes left.

It's assumed that, like Rick, they'll leave it open for her to return.
Old 02-18-19, 10:09 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
I don't like the "new" Carl. Counting the days until he is done in with... hopefully days and not seasons.....
Old 02-19-19, 09:13 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
So far so good. Solid episode. Though it almost jumped the shark with the newcomers deciding to go out at NIGHT to try and find their friend. Seriously? Overall though as long as they can avoid more of this stuff this season is looking like it's going to be a lot of fun.
I agree. They made a solid attempt to explain it with the emotional speeches about Luke. But seven years into the apocalypse, those still around aren't going to make that decision.

Still, the show is in a good place.
Old 02-19-19, 11:03 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I don't like the "new" Carl. Counting the days until he is done in with... hopefully days and not seasons.....
Very funny and true.
Old 02-19-19, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Yea they're on the fence with how they're portraying this kid. It would have been better had they had him working with Daryl to get info out of the girl.

What I would like to see is Carol smack the kid in the face the next time he gets all whiny like that. In a post apocalyptic world there is no room for teenage angst.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: