Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-19, 09:06 PM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Ever listen to the genre of texas red dirt?

I am not a fan of mainstream country.

This song cracks me up
A band 10 years ahead of its time.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-19, 09:12 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
They were really good. Cody Canada will be in Lexington, KY in late February. I would reccomend to anyone to go see him.
Old 02-11-19, 09:19 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Yappi needs to build a wall, people don't even speak English around here anymore.
So I take it youíve never heard of gay dudes in biker shorts genre?
Old 02-11-19, 10:24 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
I thought you were into GDIBS music
Zeemanís that guy in high school who never ever got laid. Poor sob.
Old 02-11-19, 10:31 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So I take it youíve never heard of gay dudes in biker shorts genre?
Or as you call it in your case, "looking in the mirror"
Old 02-12-19, 05:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Zeemanís that guy in high school who never ever got laid. Poor sob.
Good one, thatís a second degree burn!
Old 02-12-19, 05:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Or as you call it in your case, "looking in the mirror"
Never worn biker shorts, not gay but am a dude. So as meatloaf said, donít be sad cuz two out of three ainít bad
Old 02-12-19, 07:37 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Good one, thatís a second degree burn!
Lol, yeah, cause you got me so good.
Old 02-12-19, 08:01 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
A bunch of rich celebs patting themselves on the back, what a world we live in... One of the most lauded performers was Janelle Monet and the thing that folks remeber the most about that was some of her dancers were parading around in vagina pants.
Didn't/wouldn't watch it but I do like Janelle Monet quite a bit. She, like Bruno Mars, seems to be able to span the spectrum of popular music. I like her acting too.
Old 02-12-19, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
ok
Old 02-12-19, 03:24 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
I listed to three ZZ Top albums on my iPod today at the gym.

I have no idea who most of the people are that are being talked about here.

To each his own.
Old 02-12-19, 04:29 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
A bunch of rich celebs patting themselves on the back, what a world we live in... One of the most lauded performers was Janelle Monet and the thing that folks remeber the most about that was some of her dancers were parading around in vagina pants.

By the way, white men are no longer welcome at these type of events. The most talked about performance involving white guys was the lousy thing between Post Malone and the RHCP. The only positive mention was that John Mayer cut a Grammy in hald and gave aportion to Alicia Keys because he thought her performance was better than his. But then again when it comes to concert tickets those music bosses still like the $s the white dudes bring in from the road....
A man literally won 2 of the 3 most prestigious awards
Old 02-12-19, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Accidently caught one presentation when I was tuning to see if the channel was running school delays for today and saw Kacey Musgraves so I saw her win. Was surprised, but she is amazing. Sexy, gorgeous, great voice, amazing song writing and great story teller in her songs. I know she won some big Country award recently but was surprised she won on the grammerlies.
Yeah, the right album won that category. Her album was really great. Was rooting for her or Janelle Monae, but thought Kendrick was gonna take it.
Old 02-12-19, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Grammys

Well then you haven't been paying attention to how they do things. Kendrick has lost to Taylor swift, daft punk and Bruno mars. They almost always pick the most generic poppy types for album of the year Either that or the old rockers past their prime.

When rap wins and it's rare, it's people like mainstream outkast cuz of "hey ya " which is pop, and a person like lauryn hill when she does a mix (great album ).

In fact those are the only two to win. And hill was mostly r&b with that. The fugees was rap and didn't win. And Kanye and Kendrick were the only other respectable rappers even nominated for those albums.

Also janelle monae has more talent in her pinky finger than bruno mars who is a joke And musgraves sucks live. Had no range and pitchy as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-19, 06:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lol, yeah, cause you got me so good.
Why thanks you spandex wearing homosexual! Whereís Ted at we need some Ted in this thread.
Old 02-12-19, 07:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Well then you haven't been paying attention to how they do things. Kendrick has lost to Taylor swift, daft punk and Bruno mars. They almost always pick the most generic poppy types for album of the year Either that or the old rockers past their prime.

When rap wins and it's rare, it's people like mainstream outkast cuz of "hey ya " which is pop, and a person like lauryn hill when she does a mix (great album ).

In fact those are the only two to win. And hill was mostly r&b with that. The fugees was rap and didn't win. And Kanye and Kendrick were the only other respectable rappers even nominated for those albums.

Also janelle monae has more talent in her pinky finger than bruno mars who is a joke And musgraves sucks live. Had no range and pitchy as hell

It was the Black Panther soundtrack and there is a narrative going that Kendrick got robbed both times (and I agree). Usually when you have that sort of narrative, they give you the award. It's happening with Glenn Close and the Oscars this same year.

Monae is extremely talented, as is Bruno. He's an all-around great entertainer. And Musgraves is a hell of a songwriter and I thought she sounded fine during both performances last night.
Old 02-12-19, 08:21 PM
All Yappi

Grammys

Bruno Mars is awful. Not shocked you like him

Musgraves was awful at the Grammys live. Not my type of music but I can see the appeal on her album. But she was crap on Sunday

A soundtrack shouldn't win album of the year. So it was fine this year He's been nominated for all 3 of his mainstream albums. To pimp a butterfly was the huge robbery with generic Taylor swift winning instead

Kendrick and Kanye have the unique ability to be liked by people who actually know hip hop. And also liked by mainstream who like generic crap like Taylor swift , Ariana grande and Bruno mars

That's why they were nominated while usually the worst and most poppy rap like nelly , lil Wayne , drake , cardi b, Macklemore , Eminem once he went to crap etc are nominated usually for the big award.

Kendrick's album last year shouldn't have won. Childish Gambino should have won and I actually thought he'd have a shot since it was a r&b/pop album and not rap This is similar to outkast winning in 04. Could have thrown big boi 's cd out of the double disc cuz Andre and his poppy cd won the award for them

Old 02-12-19, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

He writes, produces, sings, and dances well. He's obviously very talented regardless of whether or not you like his music.

When soundtracks get nominated, they usually win (The Bodyguard, Saturday Night Fever, O Brother Where Art Thou?). Black Panther was a cultural phenom and the soundtrack had multiple hits on it as well as acclaim, so I was prepared for it to win.

I don't think Gambino was robbed either. DAMN. and Melodrama were far superior IMO but he definitely deserved it over Bruno.

I agree with your assessment of the rappers (although post-2011 Kanye has been garbage). Kendrick has released 3 incredible albums in the last 8 years and he's long overdue for an AOTY
Old 02-12-19, 09:49 PM
All Yappi

Grammys

Sure Bruno writes sings and produces. He just does them all poorly. His dancing is lame but at least I can say he has some rhythm

Lorde had a way better first album. DAMN was kendricks third best mainstream album. Not on par with his other ones. At this point anything he puts out will be nominated. It's the Eminem syndrome. The committee will never not nominate him. It's easy and they don't know the genre enough to branch out

Childish Gambino should have won for Camp on the rap category when it was out and last year overall for awaken my love. Both were masterpieces. He is the one that is truly big time talented. Does a ton of things and does them actually well. Unique as hell. Not generic and a poser copycat like Bruno mars is

Soundtracks win when cohesive. Bodyguard had a whole album by Whitney Houston on it. Bee gees contributed heavily to Saturday night fever. The black panther album had a huge mix of people and wasn't really all that strong at all either. Kendrick was on like 3 songs

Black panther phenom is another topic. Not even among the best marvel movies but it's nominated for an Oscar because of the social justice warriors overrating a black comic book movie. Let's get real. That's what it is about

Old 02-12-19, 10:05 PM
All Yappi

He has 2 Album of the Year awards, 2 Record of the Year awards, and a Song of the Year award. He's a good vocalist, especially for today's standards of singers/pop stars.

Melodrama was better than Lorde's first album by far IMO. 24K Magic won because it was a safe pick and Bruno is pretty inoffensive. And the album was huge.

Black Panther had Kendrick, Future, SZA, 2 Chainz, Khalid, Swae Lee, Anderson .Paak, James Blake, Travis Scott, and The Weeknd. That is basically a who's who of rappers and R&B artists (and James Blake). It was a cohesive body of work. Just because it had a bunch of different artists doesn't make it not cohesive.
Old 02-12-19, 10:24 PM
All Yappi

Grammys

I don't think you know what a cohesive album is if you think the black panther soundtrack was that. It was all over the place. It was nominated because it is easy for the committee

I don't know why you are bringing up these awards as if they show true talent. They don't. Eminem winning for an album when he was rapping like Conan obriens comic dog and making fart noises and such won best rap album ...

The people that know the hip hop genre don't respect these awards for representation or that category. They don't know what the hell they are talking about in that genre period

Bruno winning Grammies doesn't make him a huge talent. It just means the dumb committee that gives these awards away likes him

I mean cardi b just won a Grammy for best rap album. Ludacris won for release therapy. Eminem won for many he didn't deserve cuz he's white rapper man and its easy..

It's the same as the fake sophisticated movie goers that think any movie nominated for an Oscar is automatically a masterpiece and they tout it as such because they can't form their own opinions

Old 02-12-19, 10:36 PM
All Yappi

Grammys

Also I'd like to add that a Bruno Mars song winning song of the year which is supposed to be about lyrics and deep meaning .. well that completely devalues that award category and is still a huge joke

Logic was def robbed. 1800 .. should have won hands down

On the hip hop genre, ScHoolboy Q sums it up well in this article :

https://revolt.tv/stories/2017/02/10...ted-0700a2006a

"You see the type of rappers they put in the Grammys. They donít put rappers like me. With me just being nominated, I wonÖYou see Chance, Kanye, Drake, De La Soul. None of them are street rappers. Rap music came from the streets. Not knocking them. I love Chanceís music. I love Drakeís music. I love Kanyeís music. Iím [a] fan. But they never want to acknowledge that other part. The fact that 50 Cent, Snoop [Dogg], Nas, none of these guys ever won a Grammy, 2Pac didnít win a Grammy, Biggie never won a Grammy. Why the artists like us never win the Grammy? We never get to walk up there and grab that Grammy. Everybody else do it, people thatís nice, people thatís kid-friendly music. You gotta have this whole little smiling thing about you. You gotta show up everywhere and shake hands and everybody gotta love you. What about the music though? What about the life? We are putting our life in our records.Ē

"Iím not a suit type of person. Iím not like a minglingÖthe smiling n****ÖNah, I donít wanna do that. I made it here without doing that and Iíma stay doing me.Ē

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 02-13-19 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-12-19, 11:02 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Why thanks you spandex wearing homosexual! Whereís Ted at we need some Ted in this thread.

Free Uncle Ted, free Uncle Ted.....
Old 02-13-19, 05:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lol, such a burn.
Old 02-13-19, 05:53 AM
All Yappi

Mentorgrad seems to really really care who wins Grammys.
Old 02-13-19, 06:33 AM
All Yappi

Grammys

Quote:
Mentorgrad seems to really really care who wins Grammys.

Yeah right. Railing against something automatically means you care. Guess republicans care about the stupid green deal too. You can think something is a joke and bash it with support while not caring about it.

Old 02-13-19, 08:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Yeah right. Railing against something automatically means you care. Guess republicans care about the stupid green deal too. You can think something is a joke and bash it with support while not caring about it.

Haha, okay, my bad.
Old 02-13-19, 10:04 PM
All Ohio

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Surprised anybody gives comments at all about anything.All it turns into is a shyte slinging fest.Keeps people from adding their two cents .A little courtesy and less ego goes a long way.
Old 02-14-19, 06:31 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye will become famous soon enough
Musgraves isn't one of those singers with a thunderous voice. She's a good enough singer to do her songs, which are the stars of her shows. As a songwriter, she's a generational talent in the mold of a John Prine.
Old 02-14-19, 10:56 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
Musgraves isn't one of those singers with a thunderous voice. She's a good enough singer to do her songs, which are the stars of her shows. As a songwriter, she's a generational talent in the mold of a John Prine.
and she is gorgeous!
Saw her at Country Concert a couple of years ago. Great voice and all, but didn't put together a great entertaining show.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: