Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-04-19, 07:52 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I always liked Virk. Will wait for details to come out. Very surprised that he of all people would leak out confidential info.
Old 02-04-19, 07:55 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Yeah but the vacuum of info is probably more fun. What company secrets could ESPN possibly have? More fun to make up dirt and presume.
Old 02-04-19, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

Iíve heard it could be as simple as he leaked out that baseball tonight was being cancelled
Old 02-04-19, 08:13 PM
All Yappi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspi...1832332722/amp
Old 02-05-19, 11:22 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
ESPN has branched out so much that I guess I really don't know their personnel as much as before, and maybe they want it that way. I actually got Adnan Virk and Dara Noka confused with each other. Since they don't have regular SportsCenter programs anymore, you kind of lose track of the people. Scott VanPelt is probably the most recognizable person there anymore. Bob Ley is still there, but he's pretty much only does the E60 programs.
Old 02-05-19, 01:03 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Is Dan Patrick still there? I think of him as part of the old, old guard along with Bob Ley. I remember when Van Pelt and Neil Everett showed up, and it like seeing teenagers with the adult anchors.

That just made think of Roy Firestone, Tom Mees (RIP) ..... and a guy wname of Larry Wilburn or Clyburn - something like that? (not Craig Kilborn). boy, that might have been 30 years ago, but I remember seeing him a lot in the evening, before the SC anchors reached mainstream celebrity status.
Old 02-05-19, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
Is Dan Patrick still there? I think of him as part of the old, old guard along with Bob Ley. I remember when Van Pelt and Neil Everett showed up, and it like seeing teenagers with the adult anchors.

That just made think of Roy Firestone, Tom Mees (RIP) ..... and a guy wname of Larry Wilburn or Clyburn - something like that? (not Craig Kilborn). boy, that might have been 30 years ago, but I remember seeing him a lot in the evening, before the SC anchors reached mainstream celebrity status.
Patrick has a 9 a.m. show on Fox. I've bagged listening to the clowns on ESPN for the guys on Fox while in the office.
Old 02-05-19, 03:08 PM
All District

ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
For me, ESPN has really become unwatchable. They are always trying to create a story, instead of covering the story.
Old 02-05-19, 03:22 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebass13 View Post
For me, ESPN has really become unwatchable. They are always trying to create a story, instead of covering the story.
Very true. I used to always watch College Gameday in the in the 90s and stopped watching in the early 2000s and haven't looked back.

FS1s pregame show is much better. They don't throw as much touchy feely stories into the show and really don't touch political issues at all.

I will watch actual games that I want to see on ESPN/ABC but sometimes just turn the sound down. Game broadcast by Herbstreit and Fowler are God awful. They constantly throw politics and social justice crap into the games. I want to escape all of that and just watch a football game.
Old 02-07-19, 08:52 AM
Junior Varsity

Salad76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebass13 View Post
Isn't that all of them?
Old 02-07-19, 05:00 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post

Patrick does a radio show for CBS Radio sports. He's not been with ESPN for awhile. Yes, there was a nice community of ESPN sports anchors, the late Stuart Scott, John Saunders, Chris Berman...but like alot of things, it got really big, I'm sure these guys were asking for more money as the company got bigger and better. It seemed like back in the day, they just hired people who had good sports knowledge and could report, and then they went Hollywood. Linda Cohn, Gayle Gardner certainly weren't like today's barbie doll female reporters.
Old 02-09-19, 04:43 PM
All Region

scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
Linda Cohn has only gotten hotter with age. I can remember as a teenager in the 90s thinking she was par at best. Not sure if she had work done but who cares, shes looking better than any sideline smoke show these days.
Old 02-11-19, 09:16 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuckeye99 View Post
Linda Cohn has only gotten hotter with age. I can remember as a teenager in the 90s thinking she was par at best. Not sure if she had work done but who cares, shes looking better than any sideline smoke show these days.
Body.

Yes.

Face? Not so much.
Old 02-11-19, 08:54 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Body.

Yes.

Face? Not so much.

That description qualifies her for the label of " Butterface".

Nice body. . . .but her face !

JB
Old 02-13-19, 12:56 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
I love this -

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...-Flying-J.aspx

F__ me ? No, no, no. F___ you, ESPN.

Way to go, Jimmy. You don't have to put your money where THEIR "mouth" is. You can reach the SEC fans in other ways.
Old 02-13-19, 01:00 PM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Lol
Old 02-13-19, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

It is funny.

I hope that his retribution is more about the tone of the article than merely the content. Haslam should expect facts to be reported, but a smear job to garner web clicks is worthy of a strike back, imo. Go Jimmy!!

What do all the libs say when their sensibiities are offended by some violation of the PC code ? "Just because you have Freedom of Speech it doesn't mean that there aren't consequences." ?
Old 02-13-19, 01:58 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuckeye99 View Post
Your standards have changed bro.
Old 02-13-19, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It is funny.

I hope that his retribution is more about the tone of the article than merely the content. Haslam should expect facts to be reported, but a smear job to garner web clicks is worthy of a strike back, imo. Go Jimmy!!

What do all the libs say when their sensibiities are offended by some violation of the PC code ? "Just because you have Freedom of Speech it doesn't mean that there aren't consequences." ?
Um.

Liberals aren't the only ones who say that. Many normal people said that about the Kapernick backlash.
Old 02-13-19, 10:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Your standards have changed bro.
Here comes Linda now......

No friggin' way!!
Old 02-13-19, 10:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Um.

Liberals aren't the only ones who say that. Many normal people said that about the Kapernick backlash.
OK

You aren't one of those goofs that buys all the "NFL is colluding against me!!" crap, are you ?
Old 02-14-19, 07:32 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Watched a clip last night, fireside chat with Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen. Patrick saying Keith Olbermann would call Eisen "Olbermann Lite" when he first arrived.

Interesting comments about how their schtick ramped up out of boredom from covering ballgames like "the Indians vs. the Brewers" - and after a while, they noticed it had become a phenomenon, and the whippersnappers applying for new jobs were saying "I'm ready for Sports Center - I have a catchphrase!"

Now Dan and Rich are like 63 and 50, respectively. At least Patrick still has his hair. Where did the years go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
That description qualifies her for the label of " Butterface".

Nice body. . . .but her face !

JB
Lol. I am definitely on the decline, it took me a few minutes to process that one. Very naughty, but well-played. I knew she had a toothy smile. After further review, it's a toothy AND gummy smile.

When she first started she had a more conservative look, but nowadays - whoa mama!

Old 02-14-19, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
She looks like a midget in that picture
Old 02-14-19, 08:26 AM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
You mean 'little person.'

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: