Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-22-19, 01:32 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I think the health of this team is a very valid issue. Sometimes wolf can be a snot.
Any knowledgeable fan knows that as well. So Wolves whatever his name is trying to say it's a stupid post? Makes no sense. Whatever. Anyway we'll see how it plays out.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-19, 02:15 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Any knowledgeable fan knows that as well. So Wolves whatever his name is trying to say it's a stupid post? Makes no sense. Whatever. Anyway we'll see how it plays out.
Some guys on here seem to keep trying to give themselves the coveted "Smartest Guy in the Room" title. Not only that, but -- instead of simply disagreeing -- they seem to have the need to put their opinion(s) on a pedestal above everyone else's. Why? I have no idea.

Everyone is wrong sometime.....yes, that means you, 14Red and wolves82, just like the rest of us. Get off your judgemental high horse.
Old 02-22-19, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Some guys on here seem to keep trying to give themselves the coveted "Smartest Guy in the Room" title. Not only that, but -- instead of simply disagreeing -- they seem to have the need to put their opinion(s) on a pedestal above everyone else's. Why? I have no idea.

Everyone is wrong sometime.....yes, that means you, 14Red and wolves82, just like the rest of us. Get off your judgemental high horse.
Agree. It's not just this thread it's on almost any thread you go to. Excuse someone for having an opinion, or even factual data to back up one's opinion then be mocked by saying it's stupid.
Old 02-23-19, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post

This is why I didn't post in here much last year. Seems like every single discussion has to turn into a debate instead of just discussing baseball, mainly the fault of 14Red who feels the need to go an a rant about everything he doesn't agree with

Meanwhile the Reds just signed fmr Tiger Jose Iglesias. Should be a pretty good competition during Spring between him, Dietrich, Blandino, Ervin, Connor Joe a Kyle Farmer for a spot on the team
Old 02-23-19, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
This is why I didn't post in here much last year. Seems like every single discussion has to turn into a debate instead of just discussing baseball, mainly the fault of 14Red who feels the need to go an a rant about everything he doesn't agree with

Meanwhile the Reds just signed fmr Tiger Jose Iglesias. Should be a pretty good competition during Spring between him, Dietrich, Blandino, Ervin, Connor Joe a Kyle Farmer for a spot on the team
I think Iglesias is a no brainer to make this team. Will be a great utility guy and possible starting shortstop insurance if Peraza has a set back. Likewise, I like Derek Dietrich to be on this team as well. Both are decent vets who will make the reds much more solid if they are willing to accept backup roles. I’m not a big fan of blandino and Erin.
Old 02-23-19, 10:55 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
I think Iglesias is a no brainer to make this team. Will be a great utility guy and possible starting shortstop insurance if Peraza has a set back. Likewise, I like Derek Dietrich to be on this team as well. Both are decent vets who will make the reds much more solid if they are willing to accept backup roles. Iím not a big fan of blandino and Erin.
Agreed, Dietrich and Iglesias should be locks. Connor Joe was a rule 5 pick so needs to stay one the 25 man or goes back to LAD. They might still try to move Kemp.

The Tigers decided to go with Iglesias as their SS of the future in 2015 when they traded Suarez to the Reds for Alfredo Simon. Now all three players have eventually come back to the Reds
Old 02-23-19, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

I like the moves as well. Very under the radar moves that could potentially be very important moves.
Old 02-23-19, 01:28 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Iglesias gives the Reds alot of flexibility in roster construction as well. It could allow Peraza to move back into the super utility role should the need arise. If nothing else he can be a late inning defensive substitution. It's a low risk, high reward signing.
Old 02-23-19, 02:04 PM
All World

As for Kemp, I'd like to see the Reds trade him for Wil Myers. The Padres have the payroll flexibility to take on Kemp this year and might be interested in the long term salary relief. The Reds have more long term flexibility to take on his salary as it jumps alot next season.
Myers would make good replacement for Puig after this season and he'd likely be more affordable. Moving Kemp this year and taking on Myers 5.5M would still leave money to acquire Keuchel or additions at the deadline.

2020 Would have 80M in guaranteed payroll and another 40-50M in arbitration depending on who they keep. If they were to add Keuchel this year it would not be debilitating on future payrolls either.
Old 02-23-19, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Iglesias gives the Reds alot of flexibility in roster construction as well. It could allow Peraza to move back into the super utility role should the need arise. If nothing else he can be a late inning defensive substitution. It's a low risk, high reward signing.
Seems to be what everyone else has said. Good signing; adds quality depth.
Old 02-23-19, 02:41 PM
All World

Quote:
Seems to be what everyone else has said. Good signing; adds quality depth.
Yes, I was simply adding my agreement... and you called Wolves a snot. lol
Old 02-23-19, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Yes, I was simply adding my agreement... and you called Wolves a snot. lol
I know you were. What are you in a snit about?
Old 02-23-19, 04:01 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
This looks like it's going to be the best bench that the Reds have had in years. I of course hope for very few injuries this year, but it's inevitable that they will occur.
When that happens, though, we look to have a quality replacement just about everywhere (with a couple exceptions). Excellent job by the front office finding and signing these guys.
Old 02-23-19, 05:06 PM
All World

Brandon Finnegan picking up where he left off last year.
Old 02-23-19, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Did he get hurt?
Old 02-23-19, 06:51 PM
All World

Quote:
Did he get hurt?
Nope, just gave up 2 runs on 3 hits in one inning of work. He faced 7 batters giving up 3 hits a walk and a homerun.The rest of the staff had a total of 1 hit 1 run 3 walks. Not to bad for the first Spring game.
Old 02-23-19, 07:34 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Hey guys has anyone talked about the health of this team and the importance of playing injury free baseball?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: