Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-18, 11:24 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
DI Discussion, Predictions, Results

I just wanted to start to start a thread specifically limited to DI. I don't think the starter of the other thread doesn't want a lot of DI stuff there. That thread seems mainly for DII. As such I am deleting the DI results form the other thread and posting them here.

Elder, East Central (IN) win Coaches Classic at Winton Woods
Elder won the boys and East Central won the girls at the Coaches Classic meet at Winton Woods Friday 4/6/18. No relays were contested, only the 13 individual events. Meet was finished in spite of cold temperatures, ran, sleet, and snow. Temperature was in the high 40s when meet started, ended below freezing.

https://timerhub.com/get_web_index.p...classicfinals/

Last edited by Lancermania; 04-16-18 at 11:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-16-18, 11:27 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Mason wins both boys and girls at Clash of Titans 4/6/18

Friday 4/6 at Sycamore, Mason won both the boys and girls at the meet featuring the GMC and the GWOC teams.

http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/201800046
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-18, 11:38 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Amir Willis of Withrow good night at Owls Classic 4/12/18

Amir Willis ran a 10.74 (100m). 49.24 (400m), and 21.79 (200m) besides anchoring Withrow 4 X 100 in 43.11 right before breaking 50 in the 400m. What a night for him.

http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/201800066
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-18, 11:40 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
La Salle, St. Xavier battle event by event at Greg Zuleger

Lancers are starting to make a move in what appeared to be their best meet of the 2018 season thus far. They had a six point lead over the Bombers going into the last event where St. Xavier won and La Salle was second enabling the Lancers to win the meet by four. Seventeen teams scored at this meet Friday night 4/13. La Salle's Cameron Willis won the field event athlete of the meet by winning the high jump in 6'4" and the long jump in 22'1".

http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/201800077

Last edited by Lancermania; 04-16-18 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-18, 03:27 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,454
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't mind your stuff on the other thread, I personally haven't really followed d1, since we got d2'd. So I cant really say much about it. But still, I guess its better to seperate d1 stuff.

At any rate, I guess La Salle is in the GCL South, right? How does your conference handle track and field? Do you guys run dual meets, and then have a invitational format championship?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-18, 08:13 AM
mathking mathking is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-25-10
Posts: 1,575
mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Amir Willis ran a 10.74 (100m). 49.24 (400m), and 21.79 (200m) besides anchoring Withrow 4 X 100 in 43.11 right before breaking 50 in the 400m. What a night for him.

http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/201800066
Willis ran an 11.01 at the Joe Lenge Dublin Classic, but at the time of the 100s there was a stiff wind mostly in the athletes faces. (It was a -12 mph for the girls 100, which is 5.3 m/s.) He looked good in the 100.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-18, 10:29 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
I didn't mind your stuff on the other thread, I personally haven't really followed d1, since we got d2'd. So I cant really say much about it. But still, I guess its better to seperate d1 stuff.

At any rate, I guess La Salle is in the GCL South, right? How does your conference handle track and field? Do you guys run dual meets, and then have a invitational format championship?
There are only four schools in the GCLS now: La Salle, Elder, Moeller, and St. Xavier. I researched the league history going back to when it first started in 1931. The league has usually been decided by one track & field meet of all schools, not dual meets.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-18, 10:31 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathking View Post
Willis ran an 11.01 at the Joe Lenge Dublin Classic, but at the time of the 100s there was a stiff wind mostly in the athletes faces. (It was a -12 mph for the girls 100, which is 5.3 m/s.) He looked good in the 100.
Has anyone seen the Withrow girls this spring? They are the three time defending state champions. I can't find any results on them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-18, 11:54 AM
cvctrackfan cvctrackfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-08-10
Posts: 2,030
cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
Withrow returns Smith who is a threat to score top two in three events,
it looks like they can run a long sprint relay also. 35 to 40 points will put them in the top 4
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-18, 12:51 PM
mathking mathking is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-25-10
Posts: 1,575
mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Has anyone seen the Withrow girls this spring? They are the three time defending state champions. I can't find any results on them.
http://oh.milesplit.com/meets/314570...d#.WtY0HJPwZIg
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-18-18, 12:41 PM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
The 49th Annual Colerain Inv. was held last night at Colerain high school. Wow! Next year will be the big one, the 50th annual. There is some dispute in Cincinnati as which Inv. is older: Colerain or Anderson. Both have been going for a long time. At any rate, La Salle and St. Xavier engaged in another battle for supremacy along with Lakota West this time around. La Salle prevailed over both. LS 143, X 128, LW 125. http://live.finishtiming.com/#/resul...01800087/score
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-18-18, 09:35 PM
fanofrunning fanofrunning is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-09-12
Posts: 385
fanofrunning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
The 49th Annual Colerain Inv. was held last night at Colerain high school. Wow! Next year will be the big one, the 50th annual. There is some dispute in Cincinnati as which Inv. is older: Colerain or Anderson. Both have been going for a long time. At any rate, La Salle and St. Xavier engaged in another battle for supremacy along with Lakota West this time around. La Salle prevailed over both. LS 143, X 128, LW 125. http://live.finishtiming.com/#/resul...01800087/score
Holy cow, I ran at the Colerain Invite in 1974 and the Anderson Invite in 1975 and 1976. Glad to see they are still being held! GCL South this year is shaping up to be quite the contest.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-26-18, 08:50 AM
trevo45 trevo45 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-09-16
Posts: 33
trevo45 is on a distinguished road
Knight Relays

Knight relays at Toledo St. Francis is this Friday and it's traditionally the best meet in NW Ohio. All the big players from this end of the state are there. Should be an exciting meet. Whitmer is definitely the favorite, they've got an incredible team, with Nate Cousino in middle distance, Jacob Gladieux in the hurdles, Ben Schraf in Pole Vault and Jacob Harris in distance.

Other notable athletes are Dorian Hooker in the sprints, Jefferson Edwards in throws, and Michael Greely and Bryce Mendenhall in distance.

The weather forecast is finally looking good (knock on wood) so I'm excited for a fast meet
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-26-18, 10:24 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofrunning View Post
Holy cow, I ran at the Colerain Invite in 1974 and the Anderson Invite in 1975 and 1976. Glad to see they are still being held! GCL South this year is shaping up to be quite the contest.
I wouldn't count out Moeller this year. They looked good at Anderson Inv. with throwers, sprinters, hurdlers, and distance. http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/201800095

Team scoring breakdown http://live.finishtiming.com/#/resul...95/score-table

Last edited by Lancermania; 04-26-18 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-26-18, 11:45 AM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,454
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
I wouldn't count out Moeller this year. They looked good at Anderson Inv. with throwers, sprinters, hurdlers, and distance. http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/201800095

Team scoring breakdown http://live.finishtiming.com/#/resul...95/score-table
Indeed, Moeler could perhaps be in the conversation for the D1 state championships?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-26-18, 12:39 PM
EuclidandViren EuclidandViren is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-12
Posts: 1,028
EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Indeed, Moeler could perhaps be in the conversation for the D1 state championships?
Moeller only has 1 kid that could possibly be considered a guarantee to make it to the state meet- Shot Put 55 feet. And that is not a guarantee.

I actually don't see too many areas where they will score at their district meet.
The Anderson Invite is NOT indicative a true track meet: 40 yard dash, 3000 steeplechase and triple jump.

I don't see another area in which they could beat Wayne. Who should be heavily favored to win the Southwest Regional.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-26-18, 12:41 PM
EuclidandViren EuclidandViren is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-12
Posts: 1,028
EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Friday 4/6 at Sycamore, Mason won both the boys and girls at the meet featuring the GMC and the GWOC teams.

http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/201800046
True. But the 4 best GWOC schools: Wayne, Centerville, Troy and Beavercreek did not compete at this meet.

Wayne boys and Troy girls are both in contention for regional titles this year.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-26-18, 01:16 PM
trackfan1 trackfan1 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-29-17
Posts: 10
trackfan1 is on a distinguished road
In the central region, Gahanna is the favorite for a state run on the girls side, I would think. Coffman will be in it with Steiner's points and a couple of relay possibilities. Pick Central is a large unknown at this point, but I hear their top girls are set to start running soon. Lancaster girls could also score well with solid points from Purcell (HJ, LJ, 100H), and potential points from a second HJ (5th last year) and the shot put. I would say Granville is a dark horse to score higher than people would think due to some elite distance talent. Others to watch for would be Olentangy Orange, Liberty, Thomas Worthington, Darby. Probably missing some...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-26-18, 01:49 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,454
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Whose in the convo in Northeast Ohio? Hudson with its state champion cross country runners? Id like to see one of the Federal League powers like Glen Oak or McKinley win it all.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 04-26-18 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-26-18, 05:53 PM
mathking mathking is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-25-10
Posts: 1,575
mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackfan1 View Post
In the central region, Gahanna is the favorite for a state run on the girls side, I would think. Coffman will be in it with Steiner's points and a couple of relay possibilities. Pick Central is a large unknown at this point, but I hear their top girls are set to start running soon. Lancaster girls could also score well with solid points from Purcell (HJ, LJ, 100H), and potential points from a second HJ (5th last year) and the shot put. I would say Granville is a dark horse to score higher than people would think due to some elite distance talent. Others to watch for would be Olentangy Orange, Liberty, Thomas Worthington, Darby. Probably missing some...


This is a very solid summary. Gahanna is clearly the best team in the central. No one else is really that close. As for Coffman, we also have Isabelle Angerman who should score again in the 300 hurdles. Lancaster is broadly very good. If Long is able to run well, Pick Central is probably the second best team behind Gahanna as far as the regional goes. Without her they are still very good (Wood alone would make them a serious point scorer.) The one other team is see that could challenge them if completely healthy is Olentangy Orange. Orange is very balanced with good athletes in a lot of events by without Gaugenti maybe not enough high point scorers. I agree Granville has a lot of potential (I pay attention since I am an alum) to surprise people. Thomas is also a serious threat if everyone is healthy. Honestly it was really hard to seed this year for the district selection. After Gahanna there are lots of teams who could get 1st or 2nd at the district meet. And teams that could be 3rd or 4th in the district and runner up at the regional.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-26-18, 05:54 PM
mathking mathking is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-25-10
Posts: 1,575
mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Am I mistaken or doesn't Pick Central again have some decent sprint talent on the boys side? They'll also get some points from Matt Scrape most likely in the 3200.


They have some very good sprint talent and Scrape, so they are a threat.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-26-18, 07:51 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 18,911
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Whose in the convo in Northeast Ohio? Hudson with its state champion cross country runners? Id like to see one of the Federal League powers like Glen Oak or McKinley win it all.
Strongsville, GlenOak, Medina, and Wadsworth were the class of the field at GlenOak's Elite Invitational 2 weekends ago. That said, I wouldn't look for the Federal League teams to contend for state. There is some good individual talent there (GlenOak's discus thrower, McKinley's long jumper, Lake's freshman distance runner), but no elite teams, IMHO.

East Canton won the Stark County Meet last weekend. They're phenomenal this year and should be favored to repeat as DIII champs if they stay healthy, but not a good sign for the DIs (of which many are in the Federal League) if a DIII team can win the county.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-11-18, 11:42 PM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 9,023
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
I guess you could say it was somewhat of a surprise Moeller won the
GCLS (71) over St. Xavier (69), and La Salle (66). Big Moe won both throws, both hurdles, and the 1600 and 800.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-12-18, 01:26 PM
EuclidandViren EuclidandViren is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-12
Posts: 1,028
EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Beavercreek's Taylor Ewart, a sophomore, had an impressive triple in last night's GWOC Championships. She captured the 800 title in 2:15.44, the 1600 in 4:57.63, and the 3200 in 10:40.55. The Beavercreek girls edged Centerville for the team title, 93.5 to 88.5.

Ewart has had an impressive sophomore year. She set a junior indoor national record in the 1 mile race walk at 6:45, finishing 3rd in a field against professionals. She also set a national junior 1500 record en route at 6:17.30 and narrowly missed beating the outdoor time at that distance. During XC season Ewart was 3rd at state just seconds behind Morgan Gigandet and Olivia Howell.
I just looked her up on milesplit. Very impressive resume.

And I believe the top Ohio girl at Nike Midwest and Nike Nationals earning All American honors for cross country in the fall.

And won the state indoor 3200 title in 10:40's. And broke the Ohio 2000 steeplechase state record by running 6:57.

The conference was loaded with talent with Springboro- Coffine, Troy's Gigandet and Lebanon's Faith Duncan all breaking 11:00 this year--but all are injured right now.

If Olivia Howell is healthy, I see a showdown next year at state in xc.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-12-18, 03:12 PM
panott panott is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-23-07
Posts: 464
panott is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Beavercreek's Taylor Ewert, a sophomore, had an impressive triple in last night's GWOC Championships. She captured the 800 title in 2:15.44, the 1600 in 4:57.63, and the 3200 in 10:40.55. The Beavercreek girls edged Centerville for the team title, 93.5 to 88.5.

Ewert has had an impressive sophomore year. She set a junior indoor national record in the 1 mile race walk at 6:45, finishing 3rd in a field against professionals. She also set a national junior 1500 record en route at 6:17.30 and narrowly missed beating the outdoor time at that distance. During XC season Ewert was 3rd at state just seconds behind Morgan Gigandet and Olivia Howell.
Taylor is great but it was not a triple. The 1600 was run on Wednesday.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D1 Marysville Sectional Discussion - discussion, etc bluepride1990 Wrestling 8 02-24-18 02:49 PM
Wadsworth D1 Sectional - discussion, etc suplex21 Wrestling 3 02-18-18 09:51 PM
Dick Hoover Duals - Results? Boro Fan Wrestling 9 02-13-18 09:26 PM
Help With These Scores (Yes, it's alot!) Yappi Boys Basketball 23 01-05-18 05:56 PM
Results thread Coach JDean Wrestling 3 12-15-17 09:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz