Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-15-18, 01:34 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
ESPN & ABC’s NBA Playoffs Opening Saturday Ratings Highest In Five Years

Quote:
ESPN and ABC’s NBA Playoffs opening Saturday coverage was up 17 percent, making it the highest-rated opening Saturday in five years (since 2013), according to metered market ratings from Nielsen. The four-game slate averaged a 2.7 metered market rating and all four telecasts were up year over year from their corresponding windows.

The Philadelphia 76ers victory over the Miami Heat drew a 2.9 metered market rating, up 26 percent from last year’s San Antonio Spurs-Memphis Grizzlies game. The Sixers-Heat telecast is the highest-rated opening Saturday game on ESPN in six years (since 2012).

On ABC, the Golden State Warriors win over the Spurs drew a 3.3 metered market rating, up 14 percent from last year’s Cleveland Cavaliers-Indiana Pacers matchup that drew a 2.9.
Read more:
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...in-five-years/
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-18, 01:40 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Good. It's been a long time since the league has had this much talent.
Old 04-15-18, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Good Celtics teams always help ratings.

People want the most tradition rich franchise in league history to be good!!
Old 04-15-18, 08:18 PM
All Ohio

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
Good Celtics teams always help ratings.

People want the most tradition rich franchise in league history to be good!!
When a bunch of big markets, (Houston, San Fransisco, Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia) have teams playing it helps. The only market that really could have impacted it more would be if Chicago got in.

New York has been irrelevant long enough NBA fans there have probably picked up a new team and LA is bandwagon enough plenty of fans have changed from Lakers to Warriors fans. Plus those cities are pretty heavily populated with transplants.

The talent and parity also helps. Houston and Golden State are the obvious favorites but I don't think either will not at least get to Game 6 against everyone else. It's funny to see how every media outlet couldn't see anyone beating "Superteams" but the league can change in just a few years.
Old 04-15-18, 08:52 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardis View Post
The talent and parity also helps. Houston and Golden State are the obvious favorites but I don't think either will not at least get to Game 6 against everyone else. It's funny to see how every media outlet couldn't see anyone beating "Superteams" but the league can change in just a few years.
I think the parity is the biggest thing. Now we may see another Cleveland versus Golden State but it's far from a sure thing. That is what makes all these earlier round games more interesting.
Old 04-15-18, 09:12 PM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Not sure it's parity, but injuries to key players, plus no one watches baseball anymore and nothing else is on.
Old 04-16-18, 07:26 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Not sure it's parity, but injuries to key players, plus no one watches baseball anymore and nothing else is on.
You think viewership is up because there are injuries to key players?
Old 04-16-18, 11:53 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
wtf
Old 04-16-18, 01:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
You think viewership is up because there are injuries to key players?
Key players are injured from some of the top teams, this has opened the door to more teams having a legitimate chance to make deep playoff runs.
Do I have to draw a picture for you on everything???
Old 04-16-18, 02:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Key players are injured from some of the top teams, this has opened the door to more teams having a legitimate chance to make deep playoff runs.
Do I have to draw a picture for you on everything???
That isn't what you said.

What key players have been injured from some of the top teams that has opened the door to more teams having a legitimate chance to make deep playoff runs?
Old 04-16-18, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
The markets likely factor in, but there are so many good players in the league right, young and old.

You have the vets like Curry/Durant, LBJ, Westbrook/Melo/George, Harden/Paul, etc. Then you also have young guys like Giannis, Simmons/Embiid, Tatum/Brown. The Warriors looked somewhat vulnerable before the injury to Steph and the Cavs have looked pretty vulnerable all year so I'm not buying that's as big a deal as Red is making it out to be.
Old 04-18-18, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
The markets likely factor in, but there are so many good players in the league right, young and old.

You have the vets like Curry/Durant, LBJ, Westbrook/Melo/George, Harden/Paul, etc. Then you also have young guys like Giannis, Simmons/Embiid, Tatum/Brown. The Warriors looked somewhat vulnerable before the injury to Steph and the Cavs have looked pretty vulnerable all year so I'm not buying that's as big a deal as Red is making it out to be.
And then there is Davis and Holiday who I knew little about that is shutting down Lillard.
Old 04-19-18, 04:07 PM
All World

Quote:
That isn't what you said.

What key players have been injured from some of the top teams that has opened the door to more teams having a legitimate chance to make deep playoff runs?
Irving, Curry.

With Irving, Boston would be the prohibitive favorite in the east. With Curry, not even a question in the west. Those two teams being limited, opens the door for the Rockets in the West, and the East is wide open at this point.
Old 04-19-18, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Not even a question in the west? Even though the Rockets took 2/3 against GS in the regular season and would have home court advantage?
Old 04-19-18, 11:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Not even a question in the west? Even though the Rockets took 2/3 against GS in the regular season and would have home court advantage?
I feel a healthy Curry and Warriors would beat the Rockets in a series, probably 5, 6 games tops. Without Curry, I think all bets are off.
Old 04-20-18, 05:36 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I feel a healthy Curry and Warriors would beat the Rockets in a series, probably 5, 6 games tops. Without Curry, I think all bets are off.
Agree.
Old 04-20-18, 07:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Irving, Curry.

With Irving, Boston would be the prohibitive favorite in the east. With Curry, not even a question in the west. Those two teams being limited, opens the door for the Rockets in the West, and the East is wide open at this point.
Curry will be playing if they run into the Rockets so that's a moot point. And Curry played in all three regular season games against the Rockets and the Warriors went 1-2 in those games.

Toronto had already taken the lead of the Eastern Conference and the Cavs were a mess before Irving went out for the year.
Old 04-20-18, 07:51 AM
All World

Quote:
Curry will be playing if they run into the Rockets so that's a moot point. And Curry played in all three regular season games against the Rockets and the Warriors went 1-2 in those games.

Toronto had already taken the lead of the Eastern Conference and the Cavs were a mess before Irving went out for the year.
Curry will be playing, but at less than 100% and he's a tweak away from being down again. I feel in a long series vs. the Rockets, he'll get dinged again.

It's not fair because every year is different, but have you heard anyone give the Raptors a shot at getting out of the east? They've proven they struggle deep in the playoffs. Now they are a great story and they certainly have the talent to get to the finals.
Old 04-20-18, 08:25 AM
All World

Quote:
Curry will be playing, but at less than 100% and he's a tweak away from being down again. I feel in a long series vs. the Rockets, he'll get dinged again.

It's not fair because every year is different, but have you heard anyone give the Raptors a shot at getting out of the east? They've proven they struggle deep in the playoffs. Now they are a great story and they certainly have the talent to get to the finals.
Yes. Most people who are sane and have an IQ above 35 think the Raptors have a shot at making it out of the East considering they had the best record in the conference, the Cavs still seem to be a mess, Boston is missing half its team to injury and the 76ers have almost zero playoff experience.
Old 04-20-18, 09:01 AM
All Yappi

I know the Celtics are playing the Bucks, but they've surprised me with how well they've played without Irving in the playoffs thus far. The Bucks are a mess, but Brown, Rozier and Tatum - that team will be scary good next year assuming there's enough ball to go around.
Old 04-20-18, 09:13 AM
All World

Quote:
Yes. Most people who are sane and have an IQ above 35 think the Raptors have a shot at making it out of the East considering they had the best record in the conference, the Cavs still seem to be a mess, Boston is missing half its team to injury and the 76ers have almost zero playoff experience.
I've not heard anyone touting the Raptors, the Cavs are still a mess, but the LeBron lovers all think it's a one on one game, and Boston it deep, they've not had Gordon all season, and as good as Kyrie is, they defend better and have enough offense to win, and Stephens in a heck of a coach. They are a team who actually has a game plan and the coach has an impact.
The Sixers (my team) have talent, and Redick / Bellinelli's playoff experience is rubbing off. And how about Ben Simmons? Have you ever seen a rookie who seemingly never gets caught up in the moment? He's a cool, cool customer. With Embiid healthy and able to play 30+ minutes...hey can be right there when it's all said and done. Collangelo should get GM of the year for bringing in Bellinelli and Ilysovia 6 weeks ago.
Old 04-20-18, 09:14 AM
All World

Quote:
I know the Celtics are playing the Bucks, but they've surprised me with how well they've played without Irving in the playoffs thus far. The Bucks are a mess, but Brown, Rozier and Tatum - that team will be scary good next year assuming there's enough ball to go around.
I see the Celtics and Sixers, like the 80's, being the domiant teams in the east for years to come. The Celtics are only going to get better, and with Stephens, they have a great coach.
Old 04-20-18, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
If Hayward and Irving can last a full season next year, the Celtics are looking crazy deep.
Old 04-20-18, 10:46 AM
All World

Quote:
I've not heard anyone touting the Raptors, the Cavs are still a mess, but the LeBron lovers all think it's a one on one game, and Boston it deep, they've not had Gordon all season, and as good as Kyrie is, they defend better and have enough offense to win, and Stephens in a heck of a coach. They are a team who actually has a game plan and the coach has an impact.
The Sixers (my team) have talent, and Redick / Bellinelli's playoff experience is rubbing off. And how about Ben Simmons? Have you ever seen a rookie who seemingly never gets caught up in the moment? He's a cool, cool customer. With Embiid healthy and able to play 30+ minutes...hey can be right there when it's all said and done. Collangelo should get GM of the year for bringing in Bellinelli and Ilysovia 6 weeks ago.
That's because you're an idiot. Last Thursday, the day the playoffs started, Brovada had the Cavs as the favorites to make it out of the ECF at +125, Raptors as the 2nd best odds at +155. 3rd best odds? The 76ers at +500, 4th best odds were the Celtics at +2000.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...x-playoff-odds Raptors have the 2nd best odds to make it to the Finals out of every team in the NBA. This came out yesterday.
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/14/1...raptors-finals Raptors ranked as the 3rd best chance to win the Finals, best in the Eastern Conference.

How high are you right now?
Old 04-20-18, 11:43 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Brad Stevens Brad Stevens Brad Stevens
Old 04-20-18, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
If Hayward and Irving can last a full season next year, the Celtics are looking crazy deep.
Obviously Hayward had the freak injury this year - who knows how that will heal, but he hasn't had much injury history prior. Irving on the other hand is made of glass.
Old 04-20-18, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Brad Stevens Brad Stevens Brad Stevens
Knew he was good, but clearly he's been underestimated by me, in addition to many others since the Kyrie news. Hayward and Kyrie being out this postseason is going to be a blessing in disguise down the road for Boston. Those three young guys are all getting playoff experience and thriving so far and they're playing with house money because no one expects them to make the Finals without their 2 stars.
Old 04-20-18, 07:28 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Yeah barring unforeseen injuries I think we could have a pretty epic decade of Sixers-Celtics battles for the East
Old 04-21-18, 02:49 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Especially when LeBron signs with Philly in the offseason.
Old 04-21-18, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Especially when LeBron signs with Philly in the offseason.
Do you really think Philly will go that route ? He's having a great year but the Philly's are loaded with young talent. Not sure I would want to break that up.