Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-10-18, 08:21 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
Tri-Village, Franklin Monroe, TVS, Miami East, Arcanum, Bethel, Newton and Covington are all very strong programs in basketball and when you throw in Preble Shawnee, Brookville, and West Milton you get one of the best if not the best basketball programs in the state. The CCC has always been a very strong basketball conference (not as good as the MAC in football but strong).
These teams would be bottom half of the mac and shelby every year: newton, covington and tvs. Thats not close. The top is very good. But no were near state elite as a whole.
Old 04-10-18, 10:48 PM
All American

cphslFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
Donít forget woodward
Added them to the Big School division
Old 04-11-18, 10:02 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
I wish Berea-Midpark was in with Mentor, Euclid, Solon, etc.. Berea is a D1 school playing in a D2 league.
I would like to see that too, but not for the same reasons. I would like to see Berea-Midpark and Lakewood both find new homes, so the Southwestern Conference can get down to eight schools, and can then have a season that begins with three non-league games instead of the current one non-league game.

Then it would be:

Amherst
Avon
Avon Lake
Midview
North Olmsted
North Ridgeville
Olmsted Falls
Westlake
Old 04-11-18, 10:07 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In Basketball?
Even the conference many consider weak, Metro Buckeye Conference, beat up on the CCC this year in basketball . The league combined for a 13-4 record MBC over CCC.

I have said for years CCC is one of the weakest conferences top to bottom in the area. As time goes on the disparity gap is widening.

In football they play a very different style than most other conferences. Takes a bit to get used to their schemes but once kids see it a couple times the CCC is very beatable. Just check out Covingtons playoff record vs. MAC schools, pretty sure it is 0-12.
Old 04-11-18, 10:20 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
I would like ro see Troy Christian and even possibly Sidney Lehman added to the CCC for all sports. Sidney Lehman would be a power house in many sports, but Miami East and a growing Bethel could certainly benefit from the competition.

Troy Christian could compete well most years with the average CCC in most any sport.
I do not see why Bethel or East would rather drive an hour to National Trail, Mississinawa or Tri Village to destroy a team when good competition is in their back yard.
Old 04-11-18, 10:54 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
I would like ro see Troy Christian and even possibly Sidney Lehman added to the CCC for all sports. Sidney Lehman would be a power house in many sports, but Miami East and a growing Bethel could certainly benefit from the competition.

Troy Christian could compete well most years with the average CCC in most any sport.
I do not see why Bethel or East would rather drive an hour to National Trail, Mississinawa or Tri Village to destroy a team when good competition is in their back yard.
I think both would benefit in the CCC. I'd replace Lehman in the NWCC with a team like Ridgedale, Crestline, or Vanlue
Old 04-11-18, 11:54 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
GCL South: Change name back to Greater Cincinnati League and add Colerain, Winton Woods and Covington Catholic. If remaining only Catholic Schools, I'd love to add CovCath.
I think you would be disappointed in the level of competition Colerain would offer in most sports outside of football. Maybe every so many years in a few sports.

If you would want them in to take joy in beating them badly in most sports, well then your wish would likely come true.
Old 04-11-18, 08:35 PM
Junior Varsity

tucson is on a distinguished road
The Western Buckeye League is pretty dang stable and ideal at the moment, but just for fun's sake... Lima Senior is great location wise and even though they're larger than the WBL schools, most schedule them in various out of conference play anyways. Also, it'd be cool to see Bellefontaine rejoin! Bellefontaine was a charter member and is close to Wapak and Kenton.
Old 04-11-18, 09:08 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
The Western Buckeye League is pretty dang stable and ideal at the moment, but just for fun's sake... Lima Senior is great location wise and even though they're larger than the WBL schools, most schedule them in various out of conference play anyways. Also, it'd be cool to see Bellefontaine rejoin! Bellefontaine was a charter member and is close to Wapak and Kenton.
I personally want to see Lima Senior team up with the GWOC North that's breaking off and form a brand new conference.

Piqua
Sidney
Troy
Tipp City
Vandalia Butler
Greenville
Lima Senior
Wapakoneta (Biggest school in the WBL)
Bellefountaine (Possibly)

Lima Senior would fit in the WBL as well and they applied but were turned away. Maybe Add a few more schools and split the WBL into North and south
Old 04-12-18, 06:06 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Make 2 conferences out of the CMAC, CHL, and MVC.

New CMAC (Big School Division)

Withrow
Western Hills
Taft
Woodward
Hughes

New CMAC (Mid-size Division)

Clark
Finneytown
Aiken
Shroder
North College Hill
Deer Park

New CMAC (Small School Division)

Gamble
Cincinnati College Prep
Riverview East
Lockland
St. Bernard
New Miami

New CHL (West Division)

Taylor
Wyoming
Reading
Summit Country Day
Norwood

New CHL (East Division)

CHCA
Indian Hill
Madeira
Mariemont
MVCA

All schools would play at least one crossover game between divisions but not sure how it would work yet.
Old 04-12-18, 08:56 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post

I'd say I have to agree with you on this. Lehman is already playing East and TC, no one will touch. It's not that they are world beaters, decent, but not juggernaut material. TC recruits from those school districts and that gives them a bad rap.
It's all business at the end of the day, but those schools aren't going to play fair with TC.
CCC could add and split into two divisions: 16 teams.
Covington
East
Ft Loramie
Miss Valley
Troy Christan
Ansonia
Bradford
Arcanum

TCN
TVS
NT
Bethel
TV
Dixie
Preble Shawnee
Northridge

Nice playoff points for smaller schools and gives teams like Northridge and Dixie a fighting chance year after year. Dixie could end up being a powerhouse in this league lineup.

This would open up 3 spots in the SWBL. You could then add Clinton Massie, Edgewood, and one other, maybe Talawanda, and move Brookville, Oakwood and Eaton
over to the Buckeye.
Buckeye would be:
Milton
Carlisle
Waynesville
Madison
Eaton
Brookville
Oakwood

SW:
Bellbrook
Valley View
Monroe
Edgewood
Clinton Massie
Franklin
Talawanda
Old 04-12-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
I think you would be disappointed in the level of competition Colerain would offer in most sports outside of football. Maybe every so many years in a few sports.

If you would want them in to take joy in beating them badly in most sports, well then your wish would likely come true.
It's not like the GCLS schools don't often see the Cards in the other sports.
Old 04-12-18, 03:36 PM
All Ohio

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
I would like to see that too, but not for the same reasons. I would like to see Berea-Midpark and Lakewood both find new homes, so the Southwestern Conference can get down to eight schools, and can then have a season that begins with three non-league games instead of the current one non-league game.

Then it would be:

Amherst
Avon
Avon Lake
Midview
North Olmsted
North Ridgeville
Olmsted Falls
Westlake
I also agree with your logic as well as mine. Both would be a good thing for Berea!
Old 04-12-18, 07:23 PM
Varsity

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I'd say I have to agree with you on this. Lehman is already playing East and TC, no one will touch. It's not that they are world beaters, decent, but not juggernaut material. TC recruits from those school districts and that gives them a bad rap.
It's all business at the end of the day, but those schools aren't going to play fair with TC.
CCC could add and split into two divisions: 16 teams.
Covington
East
Ft Loramie
Miss Valley
Troy Christan
Ansonia
Bradford
Arcanum

TCN
TVS
NT
Bethel
TV
Dixie
Preble Shawnee
Northridge

Nice playoff points for smaller schools and gives teams like Northridge and Dixie a fighting chance year after year. Dixie could end up being a powerhouse in this league lineup.

This would open up 3 spots in the SWBL. You could then add Clinton Massie, Edgewood, and one other, maybe Talawanda, and move Brookville, Oakwood and Eaton
over to the Buckeye.
Buckeye would be:
Milton
Carlisle
Waynesville
Madison
Eaton
Brookville
Oakwood

SW:
Bellbrook
Valley View
Monroe
Edgewood
Clinton Massie
Franklin
Talawanda
I would Switch Arcanum and Northridge. Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing that for the CCC but I would like to see Brookville and MU join as well.
MU would have good games with Covington ME FL and TC every year, while Brookville Would have good games with TCN Arcanum and PS every year.
Old 04-12-18, 07:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I would Switch Arcanum and Northridge. Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing that for the CCC but I would like to see Brookville and MU join as well.

MU would have good games with Covington ME FL and TC every year, while Brookville Would have good games with TCN Arcanum and PS every year.

MU and Brookville will never join the CCC. Never.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-18, 11:29 AM
Freshman

cal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
NCL: Add Mooney, Ursuline, SVSM, Holy Name, Elyria Catholic and Canton Central Catholic. That would give the NCL 18 catholic schools from NE Ohio, that could be split in 3 divisions of 6.

I know that this is wishful thinking and will never happen, but it answers the qustion to this thread.
Weren't Holy Name and Elyria Catholic in the NCL? I wonder why SVSM never received an invite?
Old 04-16-18, 12:00 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
Weren't Holy Name and Elyria Catholic in the NCL? I wonder why SVSM never received an invite?
From what I've heard, the Football, Basketball, and Wrestling programs want no part of the NCL.The league won't take them without these sports.
Old 04-16-18, 12:13 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
i really dislike these super big leagues where for football they break up into big-small or this direction and that and end up with two or more champions. Just make it two leagues and go from there.
Old 04-16-18, 02:50 PM
All Ohio

I would love to see this League: (Name it whatever name fits)

North:
St. Eds
St. Ignatius
SVSM
Hoban

South:
LaSalle
St. X
Elder
Moeller

Play everyone once. That's 7 games. Then schedule 3 independent games.
Old 04-17-18, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

Ttt
Old 04-17-18, 03:49 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Why would Massie want to switch leagues? They're in a league where most schools have very nice facilities in everything and where competition or gates are not an issue in most sports. They only have a couple "far" trips but that's common place when you're a school out in the fields.

Wilmington would be the school that I think would want to look for a new league in a few years but I'm not even sure they would want to. Outside of boys basketball... I think they're in just fine.
Old 04-17-18, 05:02 PM
All District

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
Why would Massie want to switch leagues? They're in a league where most schools have very nice facilities in everything and where competition or gates are not an issue in most sports. They only have a couple "far" trips but that's common place when you're a school out in the fields.

Wilmington would be the school that I think would want to look for a new league in a few years but I'm not even sure they would want to. Outside of boys basketball... I think they're in just fine.
This is just a fun little off-season hypothetical. Not a thread for breaking news.
Old 04-17-18, 06:53 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaBanana View Post
This is just a fun little off-season hypothetical. Not a thread for breaking news.
I understand. I was just saying that for the SBC it makes more sense to talk expansion.
Old 04-18-18, 10:21 AM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
I'd like to add either Stow or Cleveland Heights to the Greater Cleveland Conference, and let Elyria join another league. Elyria is just too far away from the East Side schools.
Old 04-18-18, 01:07 PM
All District

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I personally want to see Lima Senior team up with the GWOC North that's breaking off and form a brand new conference.

Piqua
Sidney
Troy
Tipp City
Vandalia Butler
Greenville
Lima Senior
Wapakoneta (Biggest school in the WBL)
Bellefountaine (Possibly)

Lima Senior would fit in the WBL as well and they applied but were turned away. Maybe Add a few more schools and split the WBL into North and south
That' a very nice conference. That would keep Lima from Travel to Toledo so many times. Very nice mix of competition also.
Old 04-19-18, 06:46 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Carlisle, Franklin in a league with Troy and Piqua? More likely to see Bellbrook and maybe Valley View once they grow a little more. But not Carlisle. Milton playing Bradford and Miss Valley? Never.

CCC could add MU and maybe Dixie to expand. But Milton will never agree to play Bradford and MV in a season. That would be playoff point suicide.
TCN ME and FL, Covington would be the only schools in the CCC that MU would agree to play.
I agree bless . I don't see bellbrook and valley view joining with piqua and or Troy anytime soon either . Honestly don't think that would be best for either of them same goes for franklin. Now I wouldn't mind seeing one of those teams join franklin , view , eaton and bellbrook on big side , or even a Fairborn or tipp city would be fun .

Possible fits
Sw side

Troy
Tipp
Fairborn
Piqua

Possible imo fit

Sw side

Piqua
Tipp
Fairborn
Troy
Bellbrook
Valley view
Franklin
Clinton massie

Buckeye

West Carrollton
Eaton
Monroe
Brookville
Carlisle
Madison
Oakwood
Milton

Teams would only have 2 ooc games but I think it would even put with the crossover game , because let's be honest the crossover isn't doing anything for the big side of the league it's costing bellbrook points and franklin.
You'd have several great games every year with big time meaning behind them .
Clinton massie and view are obviously the small teams on their respective side but I believe their tradition and towns make up for that , they will compete and compete well and win titles as well .
Old 04-20-18, 03:13 PM
All District

TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
I think this would make for a competitive league.
Brecksville
Highland
Strongsville
North Royalton
Medina
Brunswick
Woodridge
Revere
Old 04-20-18, 03:19 PM
All District

I think this would be a good league
Mentor
Euclid
Glenville
Mayfield
Brush
Shaker Hts
Cleveland Hts
Old 04-20-18, 03:26 PM
All District

NCL Blue
Iggy
Ed's
Hoban
Mooney
Bennie
SVSM
NCL White
Ursuline
NDCL
Padua
CCC
Walsh
Lake Cath
NCL Red
Trinity
JFK
Aquanias
Elyria Cath
St Joe
Holy Name
Old 04-20-18, 04:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
I think this would be a good league
Mentor
Euclid
Glenville
Mayfield
Brush
Shaker Hts
Cleveland Hts
I would add Berea-Midpark. They play in an all D2 league. They need to be in this league and they are built like Mentor. High flying passing attack. Fun to watch. And Solon should stay.