Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-03-18, 02:37 PM
Freshman

alphaomegawick is on a distinguished road
2018 GCL Coed

Now that Fenwick has their new coach... who do we have to look out for in this division? What impact played to look out for on each team? And whoís coming out on top?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-18, 12:37 PM
Junior Varsity

GclKing is on a distinguished road
I heard that Fenwick’s new coach is a mastermind with the passing game. Fenwick has seemed to be working away from the wing t ever since the run they made in 2015. Maybe it’s coaching or maybe it’s personal. If Fenwick has the personal for the spread, pass like crazy offense which I’m not sure that they do they could compete for the gcl north title and maybe make a run. Obviously like every year it seems like in the gcl it’s Alters title to lose and should be the favorite again. I see Fenwick being right behind Alter with Mcnick and Badin just like every year. Does CJ have a lot coming back from last years team if so they will be right up there towards the top.
Old 04-09-18, 12:58 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GclKing View Post
I heard that Fenwickís new coach is a mastermind with the passing game. Fenwick has seemed to be working away from the wing t ever since the run they made in 2015. Maybe itís coaching or maybe itís personal. If Fenwick has the personal for the spread, pass like crazy offense which Iím not sure that they do they could compete for the gcl north title and maybe make a run. Obviously like every year it seems like in the gcl itís Alters title to lose and should be the favorite again. I see Fenwick being right behind Alter with Mcnick and Badin just like every year. Does CJ have a lot coming back from last years team if so they will be right up there towards the top.
Just spreading it out is not going to have them competing for a title. Badin use to spread it out, Bacon, Purcell and McNick all spread it out now. Same with CJ.

Alter is a whole different animal.
Old 04-09-18, 04:26 PM
Junior Varsity

Garth Algar is on a distinguished road
Alter - is the clear favorite. Returns QB Bazelak (889 passing yards) and RB Bivens (1308 rushing yards) both with multiple D1 offers. Bivens returns from a knee injury suffered last season.

Badin - loses Co-Ed leading rusher Lavassa Martin (1441 yards). Went 5-5 in '17 with 5 wins over teams with combined 9-41 record and 5 losses against teams with 38-16 record. Return RB Hartman - Starks (687 rushing yards and 299 receiving)

Carroll - went 1-9 with only win over 1-9 Stebbins giving up 345 points while only scoring 111. Return QB Fox (620 passing yards)

CJ - lost Ryan Peltier (1092 passing and 309 rushing yards). Leading returning rusher had 56 yards in '17. Do return top 3 receivers (Willis, Downing, Wilcox)

Fenwick - new coach in 18 who will move to spread offense. Lost Keegan Corbett (1034 rushing) Return QB Janeck and RB Davis (625 rushing yards)

McNick - lost QB Burdick (1515 passing and 445 rushing yards) and defensive end Gear. Return RB Reuss and LB Fehr. Only had 3 sophomores on entire roster last fall so that could be cause for concern as that will leave a gap on varsity roster in '18

Purcell - not sure what to say - they beat Carroll? They do not post stats. They did not field a jv team in '17.

Roger Bacon - return stud RB Kiner (1226 yards rushing) QB Bullock (1123 passing yards) and WR Kuhlman (483 yards receiving)

Alter is clear #1 and should make a run in the playoffs. Purcell/Carroll are 7-8. 2 thru 6 ??? Badin should be improved in year 2 under Yordy but needs to beat a good team. Fenwick will be a question mark with new coach. Roger Bacon should be improved with their offensive weapons. CJ question mark will be replacing Peltier at the QB position. If Mcnick really only has a handful of juniors they could be hamstrung for a year or two.
Old 04-09-18, 04:48 PM
Junior Varsity

GclKing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Just spreading it out is not going to have them competing for a title. Badin use to spread it out, Bacon, Purcell and McNick all spread it out now. Same with CJ.

Alter is a whole different animal.
I agree with Alter being a different animal, what im saying about spreading it out with Fenwick is if the coach is a mastermind like all the hype about him is then itíll help Fenwick in the passing game.
Old 04-09-18, 06:32 PM
Junior Varsity

Julian and Ricky is on a distinguished road
I didn't realize Purcell didn't have a JV team last year. Do any of the coed schools have freshman teams?
Old 04-09-18, 06:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Garth Algar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian and Ricky View Post
I didn't realize Purcell didn't have a JV team last year. Do any of the coed schools have freshman teams?
I know last fall at least Badin, Alter, and Fenwick did. I know
Mcnick and Purcell did not. Not sure about Carroll, CJ, or RB.
Old 04-10-18, 08:49 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Outside of Alter the Co-ed will be a toss up.

CJ had a nice senior class, that had been playing since sophomore year. They come way back down to earth.

Fenwick will still be tough but think the stretch of next couple seasons makes 2015 look like an eon ago.

McNick seems to hold their own regardless of talent/depth. Early season losses hurt them in end.

Badin likely has a season similar to last. Some returning talent but need help on the line.

Roger Bacon could be the surprise. They should be able to score points but you also have to stop someone (which they haven't done for a while)

PM never can tell. Always have talent, struggle up front and out of many games by half.
Old 04-10-18, 09:29 AM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
Outside of Alter the Co-ed will be a toss up.

CJ had a nice senior class, that had been playing since sophomore year. They come way back down to earth.

Fenwick will still be tough but think the stretch of next couple seasons makes 2015 look like an eon ago.

McNick seems to hold their own regardless of talent/depth. Early season losses hurt them in end.

Badin likely has a season similar to last. Some returning talent but need help on the line.

Roger Bacon could be the surprise. They should be able to score points but you also have to stop someone (which they haven't done for a while)

PM never can tell. Always have talent, struggle up front and out of many games by half.
1st
Alter (It's Alter. They expect to win every time they step on the field)

2nd-5th
McNick (Should compete every year, time might be running out on Orlando)
CJ (Lost a lot of seniors, but should compete with speed)
Badin (Went back to 1960 offense, but don't have the defense to match)
Fenwick (New head coach, I've heard good and bad)

6th-8thPut these in any order
Roger Bacon (Have a running back, but he can't do it by his self)
Purcell (Wirth knows both sides of the ball. If they can play good defense and control the clock with a good running game they could surprise)
Carroll (Not sure what goes on here)
Old 04-10-18, 09:40 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
McNick will never fire Orlando and there is no reason to.
Old 04-10-18, 11:38 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GclKing View Post
I heard that Fenwickís new coach is a mastermind with the passing game. Fenwick has seemed to be working away from the wing t ever since the run they made in 2015. Maybe itís coaching or maybe itís personal. If Fenwick has the personal for the spread, pass like crazy offense which Iím not sure that they do they could compete for the gcl north title and maybe make a run. Obviously like every year it seems like in the gcl itís Alters title to lose and should be the favorite again. I see Fenwick being right behind Alter with Mcnick and Badin just like every year. Does CJ have a lot coming back from last years team if so they will be right up there towards the top.
Dont want to take anything away from Coach Haverkamp because he is a good coach, but I would go a little easy with the mastermind title. X has a systematic approach to what they do and it is tailored to the talent that they have at the current time. You have to look at what he had to work with at QB at X. Shaun Clifford, 3 year starter currently at Penn State, followed by Chase Wolf D1 committment to Wisconson. you dont get QBs like that everywhere you go. The passing game will only be as good as the QB that he has to work with allows. I highly doubt that fenwick has a QB the caliber of those two guys just sitting around, but I guess we will see.
Old 04-10-18, 01:44 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
McNicholas only had 3 sophomores play last year? RB running back should transfer to like a South school; can't carry the team by himself with no offensive line. Badin will keep it simple but expect them to fight every game, just like Fenwick. Carroll and PM are ehhh.
Old 04-10-18, 03:21 PM
All World

Looking at the roster. McNick has 16 sophomores, 4 juniors and 15 seniors that should/could be returning. IMO the best returning starter is RB Jake Watford who was injured early in the season and missed 8 or so games and the whole basketball season. He was the starting RB as a Sophomore. The Fehr twins are solid @ LB also 3 year starters. I think they'll be ok, time will tell.
Old 06-18-18, 08:10 AM
All American

Alter QB Bazelak committed to Missouri yesterday
Old 06-18-18, 09:14 AM
All World

Word on the street is that McNick has 70 on the roster. (including 6 Jrs.) As of now starting QB is sophomore. Good athlete, played some varsity basketball as a Freshman, but still a Soph.
Old 06-18-18, 03:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Word on the street is that McNick has 70 on the roster. (including 6 Jrs.) As of now starting QB is sophomore. Good athlete, played some varsity basketball as a Freshman, but still a Soph.
I assume that includes frosh?
Old 06-18-18, 05:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I assume that includes frosh?
Yes. They will dress and play a JV schedule. I think thats been the case the last 3 years.
Old 06-27-18, 06:58 AM
All World

Lights are up and running @ Penn Station Stadium. Ready to rock and roll Aug 24th McNicholas v. Goshen. Facility looks great.
Old 06-27-18, 09:04 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Lights are up and running @ Penn Station Stadium. Ready to rock and roll Aug 24th McNicholas v. Goshen. Facility looks great.
Very nice. McNick has done a great job with their stadium and sports facilities in general. Should make for some fun nights at Penn Station Stadium.