Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-18, 12:16 PM
wresfan wresfan is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 02-07-15
Posts: 196
wresfan is on a distinguished road
Clinton massie

Who has schlorship offers on tge team
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-26-18, 01:46 AM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Only one I've heard of is the linebacker #40 Trey Uetrecht going to Ball St. Could be more, i just read that in the county paper. Another incredible player who is a diamond in the rough is #2 Luke Richardson, in my opinion the best athlete to lace em up at Clinton Massie. Tape don't lie ...roll over to his hudl page. Another is the DE Thomas Myers A true 6'6 220 that could possibly be getting some looks. Maybe some lineman too, they have about 3 very big kids coming into their senior year. This probably didn't help much but i love to talk football.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-26-18, 12:36 PM
wresfan wresfan is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 02-07-15
Posts: 196
wresfan is on a distinguished road
Yeah thomas myers is the real deak would loke to see him put some weight on looks like aonther sam hubbard in the making
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-26-18, 03:08 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Next door
Posts: 6,150
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Where does CM get al, of those kids? It’s a very rural area that produces some amazing talent.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-26-18, 03:12 PM
wresfan wresfan is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 02-07-15
Posts: 196
wresfan is on a distinguished road
Theu raise corn beans wheat and solid football players
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-26-18, 10:06 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
In my opinion there's several factors that play into their success. I think it starts at the top with the head coach being a main stay. He's been there 20yrs or more. He's also a teacher there, same as his offensive cord and defensive cord. They see the kids everyday which i believe helps keep them stay focused. Building that culture of winning and the kids wanting to be part of it is huge imo. Lord knows i played at Massie in the early 90s and was 0-10, 0-10, 1-9. But also had a different coach every year i played from 7th grade to my senior year. With that being said the kids deserve credit also, there's always 20 to 30 kids in the local strength lab work out spot. Of course a few other at other spots closer to their houses. I've overheard the head coach, tell the junior high kids "its not good enough to just show up." Couldn't be anymore true.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-27-18, 12:06 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Next door
Posts: 6,150
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Sounds right. I remember that coach when he was at Graham. He was successful there too. Consistency at the head is key. Versailles has the same situation. Now they struggle. Albeit they play in the MAC. Milton-Union, my alma mater, has had success but nothing like what we had before 1984. That was when soccer was added and we lost our longtime coach to Piqua.
CM is a program other schools need to replicate. Just like Versailles, Valley View, Marion Local etc.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-27-18, 10:21 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 2,158
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple option View Post
In my opinion there's several factors that play into their success.
One factor is something called Dan. Another factor is a thing called McSurley. A third is a home-grown weightlifting program resulting solely from the financial investment of the first two factors. The last factor is the utter cred that one gets when you get fired by the administration for not getting your Weekly Estimated Net Usage Statistics Report done on time and then reapplying for your own job just to piss them off. How much more football do you get than that? Maybe wearing a fleece hoodie in the rain and not caring.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-18, 12:03 AM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
One factor is something called Dan. Another factor is a thing called McSurley. A third is a home-grown weightlifting program resulting solely from the financial investment of the first two factors. The last factor is the utter cred that one gets when you get fired by the administration for not getting your Weekly Estimated Net Usage Statistics Report done on time and then reapplying for your own job just to piss them off. How much more football do you get than that? Maybe wearing a fleece hoodie in the rain and not caring.
HAHA...man this is good!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-28-18, 12:08 AM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Sounds right. I remember that coach when he was at Graham. He was successful there too. Consistency at the head is key. Versailles has the same situation. Now they struggle. Albeit they play in the MAC. Milton-Union, my alma mater, has had success but nothing like what we had before 1984. That was when soccer was added and we lost our longtime coach to Piqua.
CM is a program other schools need to replicate. Just like Versailles, Valley View, Marion Local etc.
I'm not sure how many years he has left but i couldn't imagine him leaving before this 8th grade to be freshman go thru. Biggest class ever to come through CM and very talented at alot of positions.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-28-18, 07:59 AM
wresfan wresfan is online now
All District
 
Join Date: 02-07-15
Posts: 196
wresfan is on a distinguished road
The incoming freshman class is going to do big things
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-29-18, 10:17 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Next door
Posts: 6,150
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Success is great for numbers. CM has grown quite a bit too. MU has had a couple of shots at them but we fell short. CM is a very good program and I can see them taking a page from Valley Views book on how not to move on after a cult of personality coach. Niswonger left VV in shambles. They are getting back to their greatness again though.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-04-18, 04:13 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Success is great for numbers. CM has grown quite a bit too. MU has had a couple of shots at them but we fell short. CM is a very good program and I can see them taking a page from Valley Views book on how not to move on after a cult of personality coach. Niswonger left VV in shambles. They are getting back to their greatness again though.
Absolutely ... lots of respect for VV. Their RB #21 last year was (imo) the best back we seen all year. Thumper with speed! I was at both MU games they definitely fielded some good teams. The big RB/LB for MU in 2012 was a stout player i think he had a ankle injury tho but still took the field. Not sure who will take the over when McSurely hangs it up but hopefully they can keep the same approach with maybe some new creativity.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-05-18, 05:17 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Next door
Posts: 6,150
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
That RB was Tyler Brown. Very tough kid. You guys just had too many weapons that year and outclassed MU.
That was a good MU team too. 35-7 beatdown by CM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-05-18, 06:53 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 343
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Success is great for numbers. CM has grown quite a bit too. MU has had a couple of shots at them but we fell short. CM is a very good program and I can see them taking a page from Valley Views book on how not to move on after a cult of personality coach. Niswonger left VV in shambles. They are getting back to their greatness again though.
Who led VV to 3 titles and just missed a couple more. VV will not reach those heights again. Niswonger was one of the top offensive coaches in the state, in all divisions.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-05-18, 09:03 PM
Dean Martin Dean Martin is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-24-13
Posts: 29
Dean Martin is on a distinguished road
As a Big Red Fan, I can say that Massie players buy in to the culture and system that McSurely has implemented over the years. The small, rural, Public school is well coached and full of passion. I get the sense that the coach philosophy is "This is what we do, try to stop it". Seems to work well for the type of athlete they coach up
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-06-18, 07:15 AM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Next door
Posts: 6,150
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Who led VV to 3 titles and just missed a couple more. VV will not reach those heights again. Niswonger was one of the top offensive coaches in the state, in all divisions.
Agree with the Niswonger statement but to say VV won't reach those levels again is jumping the gun.
CM reminds me alot of Valley View and quite honestly most MAC communities. Great families, great system and a great work ethic amongst the kids.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-06-18, 12:21 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 343
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Agree with the Niswonger statement but to say VV won't reach those levels again is jumping the gun.
CM reminds me alot of Valley View and quite honestly most MAC communities. Great families, great system and a great work ethic amongst the kids.
I hope for the best concerning both programs. The smart, hardworking, hard nosed approach is greatly appreciated. We just have to get more kids to attend Steubenville.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-13-18, 02:09 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Off topic a bit, but personally i think this years regular season schedule may be the toughest i've ever seen at CM. Coldwater, Hartley, Fenwick, let alone Goshen who had our number last year, New Richmond and their talented QB, and a non injuried Wilmington team. Should Make for a exciting year.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-16-18, 10:55 AM
Riverman Riverman is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-27-14
Posts: 237
Riverman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple option View Post
Off topic a bit, but personally i think this years regular season schedule may be the toughest i've ever seen at CM. Coldwater, Hartley, Fenwick, let alone Goshen who had our number last year, New Richmond and their talented QB, and a non injuried Wilmington team. Should Make for a exciting year.
The schedule for this year is the toughest that Massie has seen. I think it time to go ahead and replace East Clinton with other quality team, it does neither team any good, Massie beating them or them taking a beating! I know we can't do anything about weak league play,but i like the OOC play and schedule looks better than the old league.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-17-18, 11:47 AM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Next door
Posts: 6,150
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Replace E. Clinton with Valley View or Bellbrook out of the SWBL.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-17-18, 01:20 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,399
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Just take it easy on lil ole Coldwater in week 2.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-17-18, 03:45 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 1,003
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Replace E. Clinton with Valley View or Bellbrook out of the SWBL.
Easier said than done. Massie would play anyone from the SWBL but will they sign up for multiple years with Massie. I know they had issues filling weeks 3 and 5 this season until Hartley and Fenwick agreed, and I heard Fenwick was very hesitant. It's also hard to get some of these teams away from their OOC schedule because they have developed a solid rivalry... or they feel like it's a better matchup.

Last edited by Off_Tackle08; 04-17-18 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-17-18, 05:05 PM
King Arthur King Arthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Posts: 1,123
King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't mark Fenwick down as a tough opponent.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-17-18, 06:42 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Just take it easy on lil ole Coldwater in week 2.
LOL...we know better.Never underestimate the Cavs.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-17-18, 06:51 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
The schedule for this year is the toughest that Massie has seen. I think it time to go ahead and replace East Clinton with other quality team, it does neither team any good, Massie beating them or them taking a beating! I know we can't do anything about weak league play,but i like the OOC play and schedule looks better than the old league.
Unfortunately i have to agree. I did a quick 10 year look back with a score of 482-27. The Astro's never closer than 14 points(2011). Not hating on them, went there thru my grade school years. Really isn't anyone getting anything out of it except a pointless injury. Maybe look at it again when Massie slows down.

To be honest i skipped it last year to watch Valley View and Wilmington.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-17-18, 06:58 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Replace E. Clinton with Valley View or Bellbrook out of the SWBL.
This would be better for sure...I think Bellbrook has Massie ties. And Valley View and Massie week one would be a hell of a start for the season.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-17-18, 08:36 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: Next door
Posts: 6,150
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
No doubt. CM would fit into the SWBL very good.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-17-18, 10:33 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 343
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
No doubt. CM would fit into the SWBL very good.
CM would be the class of the swbl. The other teams would challenge CM if that was the other teamís great year.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-20-18, 03:09 PM
triple option triple option is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 194
triple option is on a distinguished road
Should be a interesting year at CM, Lose a 4yr main stay at MLB and the best athlete (imo) at safety and wide out. Couple of the hardest to replace in a long time. But with that being said I believe this will be one of the biggest CM teams to take the field, 4 out 5 offensive Lineman return plus the tight end. QB returns, but all new back field. I see the defense taking a step back losing the all state LB Trey U and Safety Luke Richardson.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Really Need Help With These Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 51 11-30-17 04:36 PM
Steubenville vs Clinton Massie on Radio voiceof quakers Football 0 11-30-17 09:57 AM
D IV State Semifinal: John Glenn (11-2) vs Clinton-Massie (12-1) EagleFan Football 72 11-25-17 11:18 AM
Cin. Wyoming and Clinton Massie on radio. voiceof quakers Football 0 11-12-17 08:40 PM
Clinton Massie at Wilmington MassieFan Football 18 10-25-17 10:52 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz