Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-18, 08:43 PM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Any school that recruits gets caught,hires lawyers and weasels out of the penalty phase.
Old 03-25-18, 09:25 PM
All Ohio

rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
If you're a product of public schools, it's very difficult to root for any private.
Old 03-28-18, 09:10 AM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
No problem rooting for any team in my county or area ó I'll always root for the SW Ohio team in any game against an upstate team except one. The only two teams I won't pull for regardless of matchup are Wayne and Massillon.
Damn Mickey, we almost agree on something. I don't like Wayne either. As for Massillon I'm indifferent except that I hope they never win a state championship in football. It's just too easy to by calling them "Paper Tigers".
Old 03-28-18, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghrider98 View Post
If you're a product of public schools, it's very difficult to root for any private.
Sounds like a character flaw.
Old 03-28-18, 10:36 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Mason. They're just the worst.
Old 03-28-18, 11:10 AM
Freshman

bomberinmonroe is an unknown quantity at this point
Colerain... hated them before they became good in football, and nothing's changed... Elder is a pretty tough sell to root for as well....
Old 03-28-18, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Local:
NDCL: Goes back to the old Cathedral Latin days but they really are nothing like that now. Currently it is just that they think their s--- doesn't stink and they have not won jack to back it up.

I am going to add a state wide one for laughs and giggles:
Steubenville: The blind like devotion of the town to everything about this team is cult like. They are the Scientologists of Ohio HS FB.
Old 03-28-18, 11:31 AM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Local:
NDCL: Goes back to the old Cathedral Latin days but they really are nothing like that now. Currently it is just that they think their s--- doesn't stink and they have not won jack to back it up.

I am going to add a state wide one for laughs and giggles:
Steubenville: The blind like devotion of the town to everything about this team is cult like. They are the Scientologists of Ohio HS FB.
Augg thanks for the compliment. Iím a believer in the old PR Theory of.....ĒTalk good about me, talk bad about me, just keep talking about meĒ.

Cultlike might be a little strong, but Steubenville Fans, are a pretty rabid bunch.
Old 03-28-18, 12:03 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
Hilliard Bradley. Nothing against the kids....
Same here.
Old 03-28-18, 02:24 PM
All Ohio

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Teams that I hate/refuse to cheer for in NE Ohio:
1. Lake Catholic (I want them to lose every game)
2. St.Ignatius (see Lake Catholic reason)
3. Euclid (hate cheering for the rival but hope for success when in playoffs.)
4. St.V
5. Cleveland Central Catholic (rival)
6. St.Edís

This goes for all sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm disappointed that the anti Catholic post didn't come sooner.
Old 03-28-18, 02:53 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
I'm with a bunch of people who dislike Massillon, I really don't have a problem with the program although that movie years back made the program look very bad. Be it that's ancient history. I biggest problem with the tigers is there fans. Years ago I was watching them in a playoff game at the Akron rubber bowl and at that time I was on Mogadores staff, I had on a state championship jacket on and sitting in the endzone not really caring who won. There were Massillon fans behind me talking smack about Mogadore being at that time a division V. I listened to it for awhile and finally spoke my peace. I said who are you to talk crap about a team with multiple state titles. Then the #$&@ hit the fan, they were obnoxious. It left a very bad taste in my mouth. Many Massillon fans need to learn some humility. Now I'm not saying all there fans are obnoxious I just haven't met many that weren't. I think most people feel the same way, they don't hate the program they hate the egos. Ok now let the beat down begin lol.
As far as being on Mogadores staff for over 20 years I won't use the word hate but back in the day Newark Catholic was very disliked. It took playing them like 6 or 7 times before we finally got a win. But I have very high respect for there program.
Old 04-07-18, 12:00 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Damn Mickey, we almost agree on something. I don't like Wayne either. As for Massillon I'm indifferent except that I hope they never win a state championship in football. It's just too easy to by calling them "Paper Tigers".
I actually don't have a problem rooting for Moe but I really do love beating them!
Old 04-07-18, 12:36 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
Ellet. I want Ellet to lose every game they play.....forever.
Odd choice. I'm curious why?
Old 04-07-18, 12:46 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Extremely hard to hard to root for St.Vincent St.Mary and Hoban.
Has nothing to do with their success or however they may go about fielding their teams. It's due largely to their obnoxious fanbases.
They draw a large majority of their enrollment from surrounding public school communities then act like God's gift to football while berating the same communities and schools their players came from.
Disrespectful, annoying and classless.
Old 04-07-18, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

Mathews99
Steubenville, Youngstown Ursuline, and Youngstown Cardinal Mooney.....
Old 04-07-18, 02:18 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
I'm disappointed that the anti Catholic post didn't come sooner.
He's not anti Catholic, clearly he's from VASJ. Only school that considers CCC a rival. Couple that with dislike of SVSM and you realize its basketball related.
Old 04-07-18, 03:42 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
Odd choice. I'm curious why?
Not really odd. It goes back to the days when I was involved with their nearby rival and make no mistake Ellet was better at the time but there were some behaviors from players and coaches that made the hate real. I used that hate as motivation successfully and made a positive from many negatives but since then I've wanted them to lose every game they ever played.
I've matured since then ( I hope) but I still hate Ellet. I can respect them at times but can't ever see myself rooting for them to win......anything.
Old 04-07-18, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
I understand Moe dude, you guys are probably getting pretty sick of getting beat by Wayne every year in football. That is likely why Moe (We will play anyone at anytime ... lol ) would not renew the contract with Wayne....

I believe your first post about Wayne many many moons ago was a complaint about how hard they hit. I will never root for Moe, I just don't like how they do things down there... I mean, recruiting a baseball player from Clayton which is over 60 miles away.... that is a long reach. I cannot root for Moe in anything and I know that Moe fans hate Wayne fans but come on, when it comes to the GCL Moe is probably the most hated team out there....

I don't like Washington either.... and it is easy to get them fired up... just mention "paper" and that will do it.....
Old 04-07-18, 03:44 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Piqua

Trotwood
Wayne
Is it the Wayne fans or just Wayne that has them on your list?

I have no issues with Troy. I do miss not playing you guys anymore though.... I liked getting those cheap dogs at the game at Troy!
Old 04-07-18, 04:06 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Not really odd. It goes back to the days when I was involved with their nearby rival and make no mistake Ellet was better at the time but there were some behaviors from players and coaches that made the hate real. I used that hate as motivation successfully and made a positive from many negatives but since then I've wanted them to lose every game they ever played.
I've matured since then ( I hope) but I still hate Ellet. I can respect them at times but can't ever see myself rooting for them to win......anything.
Fair enough, I was just curious since little old Ellet hasn't been much of a threat outside Springfield, lol.
Old 04-07-18, 06:34 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Piqua

Trotwood
Wayne
Cosigned. Don't really have that big of an issue with Wayne though.
Old 04-07-18, 07:54 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
Fair enough, I was just curious since little old Ellet hasn't been much of a threat outside Springfield, lol.
The whole thing started with Ellet players and coaches calling Spartan players "swamprats" in pre game. Went downhill from there.
Old 04-07-18, 08:29 PM
All District

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
St X and Moeller

Unless the game is a State Championship game. I go with SW Ohio.
Old 04-07-18, 08:39 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Centerville, Wayne, and Trotwood. There are also some smaller teams in the GCL Coed and SWBL that act like they're so much better than they really are. Usually, most of the teams that drive me nuts with their fans or coaches don't make the playoffs or lose first round
Old 04-07-18, 09:26 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
I'm with a bunch of people who dislike Massillon, I really don't have a problem with the program. biggest problem with the tigers is their fans. Years ago I was watching them in a playoff game at the Akron rubber bowl. There were Massillon fans behind me talking smack about Mogadore being at that time a division V. I listened to it for awhile and finally spoke my peace. I said who are you to talk crap about a team with multiple state titles. Then the #$&@ hit the fan, they were obnoxious. Many Massillon fans need to learn some humility. Now I'm not saying all there fans are obnoxious I just haven't met many that weren't. I think most people feel the same way, they don't hate the program they hate the egos.
This.
Old 04-08-18, 07:50 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Tipp City, Valley View, Carlisle and Waynesville. Rivals.
Old 04-08-18, 10:18 AM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
The whole thing started with Ellet players and coaches calling Spartan players "swamprats" in pre game. Went downhill from there.
That's a term of endearment in the rivalry, probably been around since at least the 50's, haha.
I've heard a lot worse between the two.
Old 04-08-18, 10:47 AM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbuck View Post
Any school that recruits gets caught,hires lawyers and weasels out of the penalty phase.
I have a problem with teams that sign 2 year contracts to play teams and in the first year of said contract get there arse kicked, Then back out of the second year.
Old 04-08-18, 12:16 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathews99 View Post
Steubenville, Youngstown Ursuline, and Youngstown Cardinal Mooney.....
Nice to be grouped with 2 fine parochial powers. RRR
Old 04-08-18, 01:53 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Steubenville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Augg thanks for the compliment. Iím a believer in the old PR Theory of.....ĒTalk good about me, talk bad about me, just keep talking about meĒ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
... really donít like Dover, pretty much the only school I donít like or actually like when they lose ... i cant stand the Tornadoes or their fans ...
C&B, thanks for the compliment!

GO DOVER
Closed Thread