Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-06-18, 03:34 AM
All Region

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
On March 27 on this thread, Cover 1 said it was Jon McCluskey, who was the Asst. 7th grade coach last season. No reason to doubt him. No secret, the BOE will probably announce it next Monday.
In January, Jeremy Shaver (asst. varsity football and track) resigned as Winter weightlifting supervisor and, in February, McCluskey took that job. Seems evident that McCluskey will be the new HC ... or Shaver.
Old 04-06-18, 08:06 AM
Freshman

OneBadOmbre is on a distinguished road
Here's a question... how long has the current Superintendent been there? How many new hires have been made for head football coach? Have those been internal candidates or outside candidates? I gotta think this Superintendent is smart enough to just take the time and hire an outsider. Hiring an insider doesn't fix the problem and it doesn't unify the program. An outsider can do those things. Remember that Leisecki was hired in May, so maybe, just maybe Claymont has decided to take their time and do the right thing.
Old 04-06-18, 08:34 AM
All Region

styx is on a distinguished road
1. Can't believe Claymont would hire from within. From what I've heard there was a lot of backstabbing going on from the Claymont staff which now looks like it will be rewarded. What a mess.

2. If they do indeed choose a middle school coach to fill the position, a lot of questions emerge. Mainly if this coach suddenly is capable of running the entire program why wasn't he a varsity assistant to begin with? What suddenly changed? His desire or his ability? Neither answer is good enough...
Old 04-06-18, 10:13 AM
Freshman

ArmChairQB5104 is on a distinguished road
I have personally worked with Bob Manchester and will say, without a doubt, he is the most qualified candidate they will find in house and it's not even close.
Old 04-06-18, 10:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadOmbre View Post
Here's a question... how long has the current Superintendent been there? How many new hires have been made for head football coach? Have those been internal candidates or outside candidates? I gotta think this Superintendent is smart enough to just take the time and hire an outsider. Hiring an insider doesn't fix the problem and it doesn't unify the program. An outsider can do those things. Remember that Leisecki was hired in May, so maybe, just maybe Claymont has decided to take their time and do the right thing.
John Rocchi (Cadiz grad) has been Superintendent since 2014. Eric Henry (Claymont grad) was HC at that time (since 2012). In May 2015, Lesiecki (former Brookside HC) is hired to replace Henry.

Interestingly, in Dec. 2016, Rocchi got into a big hoorah with the AD, Scott Beckley (Claymont grad hired in Aug. 2016 and son of a current BOE member). In Feb. 2017, the BOE fired Beckley. Temporarily, Larry Amicone (former Claymont HS principal) took over as interim AD. In Aug. 2017, Garth Evans (from Louisville) was hired as interim AD. Litigation involving Beckley's firing is still pending, but in Feb. 2018, the BOE approved Evans for a 2-year AD contract, starting in Aug. 2018.
Old 04-06-18, 10:19 AM
Junior Varsity

Circle K is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairQB5104 View Post
I have personally worked with Bob Manchester and will say, without a doubt, he is the most qualified candidate they will find in house and it's not even close.
oh boy! thats like being the skinniest person at fat camp
Old 04-06-18, 11:16 AM
Freshman

It seems that the President of the Bob Manchester for Head Coach has started a PR campaign on Yappi! No one on that staff deserves the job if they are back stabbing the Head Coach... dilly dilly!
Old 04-06-18, 01:32 PM
Freshman

Haha I wouldn't consider myself the President of anything just starting the obvious. If I was though, I would advise him to avoid that clown show at all costs.
Old 04-06-18, 06:49 PM
Freshman

Alrighty, you da man ArmChairQB! The people that are being hurt the most in all of this are the kids. This is happening a lot of places... sad that some people can't take themselves out of the equation. They've had their glory days, now let the kids have theirs.
Old 04-06-18, 06:59 PM
Freshman

I completely agree with you, this isn't fair to the kids. There have been some good young coaches there recently and where are they now...? You then get rid of the guy who just had the best record in how long? It's baffling.
Old 04-06-18, 08:47 PM
Freshman

Drive Buy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
1. Can't believe Claymont would hire from within. From what I've heard there was a lot of backstabbing going on from the Claymont staff which now looks like it will be rewarded. What a mess.

2. If they do indeed choose a middle school coach to fill the position, a lot of questions emerge. Mainly if this coach suddenly is capable of running the entire program why wasn't he a varsity assistant to begin with? What suddenly changed? His desire or his ability? Neither answer is good enough...
Awesome quote could you post that to the basketball thread for Claymont - Same thing is happening in basketball coach
Old 04-07-18, 05:46 AM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
An off topic note, Lesiecki's son has thrown 2 straight No-Hitters for the baseball team.
Old 04-09-18, 09:17 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
A moron Claymont parent told me Coach Lesiecki wasn't a good coach because he went to see his son play a baseball game during a summer workout... There's no hope for the next guy.
Old 04-09-18, 03:02 PM
All Region

BOE meeting tonight. Should we start placing bets now on who the next HC will be?
Old 04-09-18, 06:37 PM
Varsity

Miz is on a distinguished road
I’m sure there is a list of 30 plus candidates lol regardless football is gonna be down for the next couple years. Doesn’t matter who the hire is! Maybe they should of let coach L stay one more year and you guys would of been asking for him to get fired then? This year loaded class And losing a bunch of talented athletes. Next couple years hopefully they can be competitive. I wouldn’t want that job lol
Old 04-09-18, 09:02 PM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Mcklusky football
Poland wrestling
Watkins basketball
Old 04-09-18, 09:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbuck View Post
Mcklusky football
Poland wrestling
Watkins basketball
Aren't all three current jr. high coaches?
Old 04-10-18, 12:55 AM
All Region

I guess, at Claymont, since all 3 are also teachers, the varsity HC positions were theirs, automatically, because they were the only internal applicants. And, apparently, no external search was deemed necessary. Knockout99, do you think all 3 are suitably qualified for these HC positions? Also, what exactly were Beckley's deep issues with Lesiecki? Why all the secrecy? Just wondering.
Old 04-10-18, 09:46 AM
Freshman

Wow... just WOW. I'm sure the rest of the IVC is laughing at these hires. I can't respect anyone who thinks this was the right move. And they didn't even open up a search! I'm done supporting these clowns! Hopefully I am not in the minority.
Old 04-10-18, 09:56 AM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
The interesting thing about Claymont is - will new coach have assistants? projected drop in talent from last year, rumors of assistants bashing old coach - how can they be trusted now? Who would want to jump on a staff with a newbie hc that was middle school assistant last season.

Just makes for interesting potential to have a train wreck type season OR an unbelievable testament of rising above the noise and having success
Old 04-10-18, 10:04 AM
All Region

Quote:
Wow... just WOW. I'm sure the rest of the IVC is laughing at these hires. I can't respect anyone who thinks this was the right move. And they didn't even open up a search! I'm done supporting these clowns! Hopefully I am not in the minority.
Still think they should have tried to get Bardawil back, but clearly, the BOE already had an agenda when they didn't renew Lesiecki.
Old 04-10-18, 10:56 AM
All Region

styx is on a distinguished road
No one answered my question. Did last year's middle school coach suddenly become qualified to coach varsity football or what led to the sudden motivation to coach at the varsity level?

New questions: Was he part of the lynch mob/backstabbing coach group? Is he tight with someone on the board (I'm calling hoodie!) Is he a sacrificial lamb being thrown to the wolves?

This cluster mess fascinates me man.
Old 04-10-18, 11:38 AM
Freshman

STYX... clearly this is a strange move... I think you are on to something. You make a great point that this is probably just a temporary solution. And the hire serves two purposes. It's a quick fix with it being April. It also gives the lynch mob what they want, so the AD and the Superintendent can say that they gave the people what they wanted when this thing goes sideways.

I am a coach and was actually interested in seeing where this went... I would have applied if they had opened up a search... but now... this thing is a radioactive dumpster fire for sure!
Old 04-10-18, 12:36 PM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Did Watson have the basketball job a few years ago? I thought he was hired away from Conotton Valley.
Old 04-10-18, 12:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbuck View Post
Did Watson have the basketball job a few years ago? I thought he was hired away from Conotton Valley.
Brian Watkins was the coach before, his brother Gary is the new coach.
Old 04-10-18, 12:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
Good memory Ace.
I have every Claymont football program dating back to 1999 and this is what I found on Jon McClusky.
Jon is a graduate of Jewitt-Scio in 1997 and Bethany College in 2001. His first year coaching at Claymont was in 2003 under Sam Fornsaglio where he served as TE and OLB coach.
2004 under Chad Peterman he was Defensive Co. and LB coach.
2005 again under Peterman the Defensive Co, LB and QB coach.
2010 he was one of the 8th grade coaches.
2011 one of the Freshmen coaches.
2017 Asst. 7th grade coach.

If he coached at Claymont any other years, there's no mention of it in the programs.
Hate to mention this but Jon's first 3 years (2003-2005) as an Asst. coach was the worst 3 year stretch in team history going 3-27 over those years.
Did he coach at other schools?
Should also note that in 2004 his first year as Def. Co. the team set a school record for most points given up in a season with 442. Much better in 2005 with only 276 points given up.
Good luck Jon McClusky, I hope you stay for 20-30 years and build a winning program.
Old 04-10-18, 03:39 PM
All Region

http://www.timesreporter.com/sports/...etball-coaches
Old 04-10-18, 08:54 PM
Junior Varsity

922funkroll is on a distinguished road
Quote:
STYX... clearly this is a strange move... I think you are on to something. You make a great point that this is probably just a temporary solution. And the hire serves two purposes. It's a quick fix with it being April. It also gives the lynch mob what they want, so the AD and the Superintendent can say that they gave the people what they wanted when this thing goes sideways.

I am a coach and was actually interested in seeing where this went... I would have applied if they had opened up a search... but now... this thing is a radioactive dumpster fire for sure!
Dear coach???
You would have applied to this radioactive dumpster fire??? So you donít have a secure coaching job or r not coaching at this point??? So job is filled..Iím sure there r plenty of other places will be banging down the door to hire you!! If you think you could fix this dumpster fire lol you wrong! Maybe what you can fix is you and Styx getting a room?? You guys gonna . Just to have fun in your room. Heard Styx is the real deal lmao.. someone is peanut butter and jelly!!!
Old 04-11-18, 12:46 AM
Freshman

I'm sorry funkroll, I can't understand half of your attempt to put me in my place and label me as a homosexual. I think that is what that was... it was hard to tell. I do coach and I'm just fine, so don't worry about me. Come November, I'll be coaching in the playoffs, because where I am right now, they understand what it takes to win. And I have had plenty of great offers and there will surely be more to come, so just worry about your own program and it's problems and not the ones that I don't have within my program. Enjoy a few years of mediocrity or worse and let me know when you're done pink slipping this poor guy.
Old 04-11-18, 05:33 PM
All Ohio

TrIbExTimE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm sorry funkroll, I can't understand half of your attempt to put me in my place and label me as a homosexual. I think that is what that was... it was hard to tell. I do coach and I'm just fine, so don't worry about me. Come November, I'll be coaching in the playoffs, because where I am right now, they understand what it takes to win. And I have had plenty of great offers and there will surely be more to come, so just worry about your own program and it's problems and not the ones that I don't have within my program. Enjoy a few years of mediocrity or worse and let me know when you're done pink slipping this poor guy.
So youíll be coaching in the playoffs in November, yet you was going to apply for the Job and take your chances against the ďMobĒ. Whatever you say haha