Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-12-18, 04:53 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Keith Boedicker new Rootstown head coach

A very good hire for the school.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-18, 05:11 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Didn’t they just finish 12-1? What happened to the other coach?
Old 03-12-18, 05:25 PM
Varsity

PTC Junky is on a distinguished road
Yes, coach took Kent Roosevelt job. Excellent hire!!!
Old 03-12-18, 06:11 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Didnít Boedicker coach Rootstown previously?
Old 03-12-18, 06:25 PM
All Ohio

brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
Boedicker served as head football coach at Springfield (following assistant gigs at Medina and Hoban, the latter at which he was also the head baseball coach), Rootstown, Wapokaneta, Nordonia, Stow, Nordonia (again) and Perry (Massillon). He was also an assistant coach at Baldwin-Wallace, his college Alma Mater.

His longest tenure was at Nordonia, where he was the head coach for 11 total seasons, compiling a 92-32 record and guiding the Knights to the payoffs five times, reaching the DII State semi-Finals twice (2000, 2002) and finishing as DII State Runner-Up in 2002. His last head coaching stop (I believe) was Perry, where he posted a 13-17 mark from 2010-12
Old 03-12-18, 06:25 PM
All Region

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
He coached them to a 15-5 record in 1989 and 1990
Old 03-13-18, 05:37 AM
Moderated User

Westgbooster is on a distinguished road
Iím pretty sure the coach was offensive coordinator at Bedford last year but got credit for head coaching Bedfordís last game (a playoff game) which Bedford lost! Do to the real head coach unavailable to coach the playoff game
Old 03-13-18, 08:00 AM
All Ohio

smash mouth 34
This guy knows how to get around lol. How old is he?
Old 03-13-18, 08:14 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Boedicker served as head football coach at Springfield (following assistant gigs at Medina and Hoban, the latter at which he was also the head baseball coach), Rootstown, Wapokaneta, Nordonia, Stow, Nordonia (again) and Perry (Massillon). He was also an assistant coach at Baldwin-Wallace, his college Alma Mater.

His longest tenure was at Nordonia, where he was the head coach for 11 total seasons, compiling a 92-32 record and guiding the Knights to the payoffs five times, reaching the DII State semi-Finals twice (2000, 2002) and finishing as DII State Runner-Up in 2002. His last head coaching stop (I believe) was Perry, where he posted a 13-17 mark from 2010-12
He was an assistant at STVM during the 2015 season.
Old 03-13-18, 09:13 AM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Wish Coach Bo the best. He had a real good first season at Perry, but his last two teams underachieved. For whatever reason he wasn’t fully invested in Perry after year one. I think the drive to Perry and back to Nordonia everyday was one thing and wanting to watch his son play in college was the other. I know he lost his wife to cancer just over a year ago. Hopefully this is a good fit for him.
Old 03-13-18, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Coached offense at Bedford last year , did a great job.
Old 03-14-18, 10:55 AM
Varsity

3 Dog Night is on a distinguished road
Assistant Coach at Woodridge for a year before the St VM "Gig".
Old 03-14-18, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

Scipio is on a distinguished road
All the best to my former teammate. I did not know about his wife, thanks for the heads up Ed.
Old 03-14-18, 09:33 PM
All District

OddJob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Wish Coach Bo the best. He had a real good first season at Perry, but his last two teams underachieved. For whatever reason he wasnít fully invested in Perry after year one. I think the drive to Perry and back to Nordonia everyday was one thing and wanting to watch his son play in college was the other. I know he lost his wife to cancer just over a year ago. Hopefully this is a good fit for him.
Come on Ed stop sugarcoating it the guy was probably the worst hire in the history of Perry Athletics, the committee actually hired this clown over wakefield lmfao, if the committee would have hired wakefield in the first place Perry would have been in the playoffs 2 out of those 3 years
Old 03-14-18, 09:58 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJob View Post
Come on Ed stop sugarcoating it the guy was probably the worst hire in the history of Perry Athletics, the committee actually hired this clown over wakefield lmfao, if the committee would have hired wakefield in the first place Perry would have been in the playoffs 2 out of those 3 years
Well, you are right oddjob. He wasn't even going to Saturday game films. We "almost" made the playoffs one year with one of highest numbers of seniors in Perry history.
Old 03-15-18, 09:57 PM
All District

OddJob is on a distinguished road
I really dont give a damn if he succeeds at rootstown or not, dont hold a grudge either, just as you say stating the facts, and yes if you cant remember the coaches name who in your opinion was the worst hire in Perrys history, well my friend boedicker was in my opinion the worst hire,as for farrah you either had to be a complete idiot or living under a rock in stark county not to know of his extracurricular activities, that is why the committee didnt hire that romeo
Old 03-22-18, 11:31 PM
Junior Varsity

MATCAT67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJob View Post
I can think of a few other names who beat Coach Bo for worst hire in Perry athletics history. I do agree that the committee should have gone with Wake. Coach Bo nonetheless is a great player's coach and Rootstown is a good fit for him. I wish him the best.
Old 03-23-18, 08:10 AM
Junior Varsity

FeartheNeer is on a distinguished road
Whats coming back for the new guy? Does he have returners or are the cupboards bare? I knew people were excited about last year's class but I haven't heard much about what the future holds.
Old 03-23-18, 11:55 AM
Junior Varsity

50Hybrid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheNeer View Post
Whats coming back for the new guy? Does he have returners or are the cupboards bare? I knew people were excited about last year's class but I haven't heard much about what the future holds.
They are loaded again. Was told by an opposing coach of Rootstown that they could sleep walk to 7 wins next year. Probably will be in the 9+ range with Coach Bo.
Old 03-23-18, 09:15 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Cant believe this guy is still getting coaching gigs after some of the crap he pulled at Perry
Old 03-24-18, 10:27 AM
All Region

Stow78alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
Cant believe this guy is still getting coaching gigs after some of the crap he pulled at Perry
We get it, you don't like the guy. Be glad he's gone and get on with life
Old 03-27-18, 05:42 PM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know what happened at Perry. But he was a good coach at Stow and a great coach at Nordonia. This is a good hire for Rootstown.
Old 04-11-18, 02:00 PM
All District

Thunderstruck2652 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know that my comments are going to be portrayed as hating on small schools, but let's get real - D-IV is amateur hour in terms of coaching and on the field compared to the big dogs at Eds, Ignatius, Colerain, X, Pickerington, Mentor and MANY other schools. Nobody cares about what happened at Perry - sad but true.
Old 04-11-18, 06:20 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
You do know that the Perry being referenced is Massillon Perry, at the time a D1 school, right?
Old 04-11-18, 08:54 PM
All District

itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck2652 View Post
I know that my comments are going to be portrayed as hating on small schools, but let's get real - D-IV is amateur hour in terms of coaching and on the field compared to the big dogs at Eds, Ignatius, Colerain, X, Pickerington, Mentor and MANY other schools. Nobody cares about what happened at Perry - sad but true.
I don't view your comments as hating on small schools. I view them as being clueless about the quality of coaches at the lower divisions (as well as what Perry is being talked about). Tiger LaVerde at Kirtland and Tim Gibbons at Marion Local are 2 that immediately come to mind. Reno at Steubenville is another one. There's coaching legends at the D4 level & down.
Old 04-12-18, 09:10 AM
All District

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzme View Post
I don't view your comments as hating on small schools. I view them as being clueless about the quality of coaches at the lower divisions (as well as what Perry is being talked about). Tiger LaVerde at Kirtland and Tim Gibbons at Marion Local are 2 that immediately come to mind. Reno at Steubenville is another one. There's coaching legends at the D4 level & down.
Spot on! In my neck of the woods, I can name a few other really good small school coaches in Dan Yeagley at South Range (D5), Bob Spaite at Columbiana (D6) and the now retired Jim Tsilimos at Lisbon(D7), who owns the only state title in football in Columbiana County.
Old 04-12-18, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Incidentally, I took the guy's comments to mean that a DV or DVI school is not going to care much about any shenanigans a guy pulled at a DI school unless a crime was committed. They're still going to want to hire the guy because it's not every day that a DVI or DVII school can get someone with previous DI head coaching experience.
Old 04-12-18, 04:00 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Incidentally, I took the guy's comments to mean that a DV or DVI school is not going to care much about any shenanigans a guy pulled at a DI school unless a crime was committed. They're still going to want to hire the guy because it's not every day that a DVI or DVII school can get someone with previous DI head coaching experience.
Reading again you may be right.
Old 04-14-18, 09:38 AM
All American

gcmsc
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash mouth 34 View Post
This guy knows how to get around lol. How old is he?
The guy has bounced around more than???? Please feel free to finish this statement.
Old 04-15-18, 09:33 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
I don't know what happened at Perry. But he was a good coach at Stow and a great coach at Nordonia. This is a good hire for Rootstown.
If they get close to vintage Coach Bo back, it's a tremendous hire. I hope he can throw himself into the task, for many reasons. Each life is a winding road, and all our paths cross at different times.

RIP, Linda B.