Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-05-18, 04:31 AM
All Ohio

JoeCool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
While not on topic of the schedule, I attended the open house of the new Career and Wellness Center tonight. The 16,000 sq. ft. auxiliary gym is impressive. They had it set up with 2 bball courts and 2 volleyball courts separated with netting. All with a 2 lane walking track on the outside with a knee friendly surface. The space for the culinary program was smaller than expected but the equipment was top notch. The trophies and memorabilia in the entry area was a nice touch.

Overall, a very nice addition to Perry High School.
I was there as well and it is a very nice facility. I hope the exercise part is done before 2019 tho.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-18, 03:27 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
I can see a few rainy days this football season where Coach Wakefield could take the team into that huge 16,000 sq. ft. new double gym and have practice.
Old 04-05-18, 03:41 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
I can see a few rainy days this football season where Coach Wakefield could take the team into that huge 16,000 sq. ft. new double gym and have practice.
Never say never, but I highly doubt a few raindrops or cold temperatures are going to stop Wakey from practicing outside.
Old 04-05-18, 08:28 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Never say never, but I highly doubt a few raindrops or cold temperatures are going to stop Wakey from practicing outside.
He’s mellowed a bit that way. He won’t take them in because of a little shower, but if its gully washer, he’ll go in. The cold weather, it depends how cold.
Old 04-05-18, 10:00 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
You play in the cold and wet so you should train ,95% of the time, in the cold and wet.
Old 04-05-18, 10:38 PM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
I'll say it because apparently most in Perry will not, this schedule is joke and it's down right crappy for the kids and fans, we had a chance to play Hoban, St V, Big Red, Massillon and probably some others but CHOOSE to play TWO CANADIAN TEAMS ?!?!? It's a smack in the face to our kids and an easy way out. If the team to our west had this schedule we would be laughing and mocking them.....disappointed in the PTO and embarrassed
Old 04-06-18, 07:36 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
lol, if you do not like the schedule, do not go to the games. Perry is playing D 1 teams Glenoak-tough game, McKinley-tough game and Jackson-tough game . Central, Lake and Louisville could be tough games. We have a new qb and some youth so it will work out fine. With hard work they will make the playoffs again -IMO and will go further than last year. We won't have to play Iggy in the first round of the playoffs.
Old 04-06-18, 10:06 PM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
lol, if you do not like the schedule, do not go to the games. Perry is playing D 1 teams Glenoak-tough game, McKinley-tough game and Jackson-tough game . Central, Lake and Louisville could be tough games. We have a new qb and some youth so it will work out fine. With hard work they will make the playoffs again -IMO and will go further than last year. We won't have to play Iggy in the first round of the playoffs.
Well I hope we are playing D1 teams we have played them for 30 years , your point ?? Jackson a tough game ? Central ? Cmon man, and your banking on Louisville and Lake being really good too, it's soft and we all know it, who cares about a new QB , all he does is hand off, I'm more concerned about losing two All-Ohio DB's and a Defensive MVP on the Line
Old 04-06-18, 10:56 PM
All District

andre is on a distinguished road
While Central may not be a powerhouse D1 team, we have handle ourselves against higher division schools pretty well, excluding last season and when it comes to Perry over the last 4 seasons it’s tied 2-2 and I think overall Perry has a winning record of 13-9 over central in the series but someone would have to check that. So I think Central vs Perry is a good and competitive game for both teams
Old 04-07-18, 08:08 AM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballCrazy1 View Post
Well I hope we are playing D1 teams we have played them for 30 years , your point ?? Jackson a tough game ? Central ? Cmon man, and your banking on Louisville and Lake being really good too, it's soft and we all know it, who cares about a new QB , all he does is hand off, I'm more concerned about losing two All-Ohio DB's and a Defensive MVP on the Line
We got our butts kicked by Jackon so yes that is a tough game. Do you go to the games ? Read what Andre wrote as he is correct.
Old 04-07-18, 08:13 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If the team to our west had this schedule we would be laughing and mocking them.....disappointed in the PTO and embarrassed
First of all, the "team to your west" has had this kind of schedule for awhile now - play a couple Fed teams, add a Canadian or out-of-state cupcake plus a couple tough games. McK does the same. It's just the way it is.

This is how its done now. You schedule to get into the playoffs. Yes two Canadians seems like a lot but playing a team (Hoban, Massillon) during the season that you will see in the playoffs (and letting them go against your Wing-T) isn't smart either. Plus Perry has one of the best coaches in the state. Perry should be fine.
Old 04-07-18, 08:14 AM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Perry.

Quote:
Perry has had trouble with Central, and just recently Jackson. So they are soft? Dumb. Also, we play much better as the year progresses. Play offs 4 yrs. in a row deep, so that doesn't equate to a soft schedule. Go Panthers.
Old 04-07-18, 10:00 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
At 6-4 Perry would probably make the playoffs in D2R7 with their current schedule. But if they bump back up to D1R1 they could miss the playoffs at 9-1.

It's the worst schedule in the Fed by a lot, and even mediocre in terms of Harbins for R7. Those R7 teams are just bad and don't take advantage of the points they could get, but that won't always be the case. Agree with m2s that it is fine for what they need to do THIS YEAR because they are so much more talented than the rest of the region, but am worried it could harm them severely in the future. Perry is the largest D2 and is separated from D1 by one boy. Reevaluation is now done every year. Hopefully these aren't multi-year contracts.
Old 04-07-18, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
At 6-4 Perry would probably make the playoffs in D2R7 with their current schedule. But if they bump back up to D1R1 they could miss the playoffs at 9-1.

It's the worst schedule in the Fed by a lot, and even mediocre in terms of Harbins for R7. Those R7 teams are just bad and don't take advantage of the points they could get, but that won't always be the case. Agree with m2s that it is fine for what they need to do THIS YEAR because they are so much more talented than the rest of the region, but am worried it could harm them severely in the future. Perry is the largest D2 and is separated from D1 by one boy. Reevaluation is now done every year. Hopefully these aren't multi-year contracts.
They're probably 1-year contracts with either a guaranteed payout or some assistance with travel expenses.
Old 04-07-18, 11:16 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post

Perry is more talented than Massillon this year? I think not.
Old 04-08-18, 08:13 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I wasn't referring to Massillon -- I meant the Columbus-area teams.

Relax.
Old 04-08-18, 08:29 PM
All American

Quote:
Seriously Mass fans - every post is not about you. It just isn't. This was a general comment about the region as a whole in context of the efficacy of Perry's schedule to get them into the playoffs. Jeesh
Old 04-09-18, 05:36 AM
All World

But that's not what you said. You said Perry was more talented than Massillon this coming year. I questioned that. Nothing more. I've had like three posts in the last month. Believe me, I'm not monitoring what is, or isn't, about Massillon.
Old 04-09-18, 12:22 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But that's not what you said. You said Perry was more talented than Massillon this coming year. I questioned that.
Dude, if Perry wants to be the most talented team in our region, NE OH, or the entire state....let them.

Kinda refreshing actually after 40 years of "little engine that could" shtick. How many 1st/2nd team All-County players last year??? I think all 22 starters right?
Old 04-09-18, 01:28 PM
All Yappi

Cool Funny. Egret and Tigerpaw.

Either way it was the Jackson guy who made mention of what we were going to do or what we should do. All those Jackson guys are so smart.
Old 04-09-18, 03:21 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Always all the respect for Perry - They played CCHS when nobody else wanted to and my hats off to them - giving our kids a Great Rivalry and test every season we play.... but...

2 Canada teams? - My holy Lord, isn't there any Ohio Teams that would come to Perry to play in a Great High School Football atmosphere??

(Boy am I glad Lent is over)
Old 04-09-18, 09:01 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Dude, if Perry wants to be the most talented team in our region, NE OH, or the entire state....let them.

Kinda refreshing actually after 40 years of "little engine that could" shtick. How many 1st/2nd team All-County players last year??? I think all 22 starters right?
Last year -lost to a good Iggy team in D1
Previous 2 years- Div 2 state runner up. I would say that is pretty good.
Old 04-09-18, 09:08 PM
All American

Don't feed the troll. This thread is about Perry next season.
Old 04-11-18, 07:56 PM
All District

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
I was wondering when the ex tiger swing band members were going to crawl out of their moms basement in the trailer parks and hijack yet another thread
Old 04-12-18, 07:09 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
I was wondering when the ex tiger swing band members were going to crawl out of their moms basement in the trailer parks and hijack yet another thread
Perry talking about trailer parks. That was funny.
Old 04-12-18, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

Cool Basement?

Some of these new trailers have basements?
Old 04-12-18, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Not trolling. I actually do think Perry has had the best talent last 3 seasons. With very impressive results. The loss to my Massillon Tigers notwithstanding.

No predictions for next year though I'd expect Perry and Massillon to both be good.

Perry67, saw one the other day with a sweet Jacuzzi.
Old 04-12-18, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Perry talking about trailer parks. That was funny.
I love the PTO, but this was funny.
Old 04-12-18, 08:32 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
I love the PTO, but this was funny.
So was Perry 67's post about new trailers having basements. LOL. Well done, guys.
Old 04-12-18, 09:10 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Some of these new trailers have basements?
Bah, ha, ha.